Notices
Marketplace Acura Cars and Parts For Sale Classifieds. Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.

SOLD:Modified but excellent condition 2012 Acura TL Sh-AWD68k miles For Sale $25k OBO

For Sale

2012 Acura TL

05-08-2021, 02:27 AM | Replies: 10 | Views: 1303
  • 2012 Acura TL - SOLD:Modified but excellent condition 2012 Acura TL Sh-AWD68k miles For Sale $25k OBO - Used - VIN 19UUA9F56CA006357 - 68,068 Miles - 6 cyl - AWD - Automatic - Sedan - White - Issaquah, WA 98027, United States
    Closed
  • 2012 Acura TL - SOLD:Modified but excellent condition 2012 Acura TL Sh-AWD68k miles For Sale $25k OBO - Used - VIN 19UUA9F56CA006357 - 68,068 Miles - 6 cyl - AWD - Automatic - Sedan - White - Issaquah, WA 98027, United States
    Closed
    Closed
    Closed
    Closed
    Closed
    Closed
    Closed
    Closed
    Closed
10th Gear

• Price
    $25,000
    • OBO
  • Location Issaquah, WA, 98027, USA
  • Condition Used
  • VIN 19UUA9F56CA006357
  • Mileage 68,068
  • Engine 6 cyl
  • Drive Type AWD
  • Transmission Automatic
  • Vehicle Type Sedan
  • Exterior Color White
Description:

2012 Acura TL Sh-AWD Advance w/ Full A-Spec Aero Kit and Trunk Lid Spoiler.
White with Black leather interior.  68K miles.  2 owner (1 family) purchased at Acura of Bellevue and serviced whole life at Acura of Bellevue.  Asking $25K obo.  No trades, serious buyers only. Buyers will be vetted (sorry, I want to ensure she goes to a good home).  Cash only.  The transaction will take place at your bank, where you will cut me a cashier's check.  We will then drive to the Department of licensing where I will sign the title over to you and you will then register it under your name and pay for registration and taxes there.  Then, I will hand over the 2 keys and wish you well. 

Car was purchased brand new as my dad's car.  He's an exec at Boeing, not a car guy, bought it on my recommendation.  Literally, drove it to just commute to work that was 10 miles away.  I purchased the car from my dad on March of 2017 and it's been in my ownership and care ever since.  Never seen a race track/track session a day in it's life. 

It has been in one accident while my dad owned it.  Driver side fender was replaced, but no mechanical or drivetrain damage.  I would know if there was something wrong, as I've owned it for many years.  

Acura of Bellevue has the entire service history.  It has the engine piston recall work performed and while that was done - I had Acura of Bellevue replace other wear items like - timing belt, water pump, oil pressure regulator and some other stuff. It also had the transmission and diff fluids all replaced as well.  The oil change timer is showing 90% as of today's posting.  Basically, all the maintenance that has to be done at 100k miles, was done at 66K miles.  The new owner, basically just has to just keep up with oil changes for the next 60-70K miles. I had her oil changed every time the ticker hit 20%.  The full owner's manual and all the loose booklets that come when you purchase a brand new car are in the glove box.  

Here is the list of modifications that were performed: 

• HID fog lights with 3000K bulbs installed at HID Kit Pros in Issaquah, WA in 2019 (they have since moved to Bellevue, WA - warrantied until 2022)
  • K&N air intake (not installed yet) - purchased from Bruce at Endless RPM
  • Carbon fiber beak replacement (not installed yet) - purchased from Bruce at Endless RPM
  • Tein Advance 2 way adjustable coilovers (installed in 2019) - purchased from Bruce at Endless RPM and yes I have the key to adjust the damper settings and the tools for height adjustment that came in the original box
  • Endless RPM catback exhaust (basically private label Magnaflow, installed in 2019) - purchased from Bruce at Endless RPM
  • Endless PRM J-pipe v2 (installed in 2019) - purchased from Bruce at Endless RPM
  • 4 wheel Rotora 14" 4 piston front and 4 piston rear with 2 piece aero slotted rotors (355mm - 14" front and rear) (installed in 2019) - purchased directly from Rotora Brakes
  • Brand new brake pads for all four corners as spares included in sale (with the sale, I will also introduce you to my contact at Rotora, as he will take care of you since he knows my car very well.  I have since purchased additional BBKs from him, so I am semi-sponsored by Rotora)
  • 19" TSW wheels never curbed that I bought off Craigslist locally from a previous Acura TL fan.  They are perfectly round with Michelin Defender LTX tires that are 9/10 tread wear from Costco  (I will dig up the receipt, if I can't find it, I will go to Costco and get a new one printed - as these tires are fully warrantied by Costco)
  • Battery replaced in 2020
  • 30% Tint (performed in 2018 by Evergreen Ford in Issaquah, WA - I know a few of the managers there, and they hooked me up - I believe the tint is warrantied for life)
  • Acura all weather mats (I think I have the stock mats somewhere, I will locate them - they've never been used)
Here is the list of some stock parts that will also come with the sale:
  • Stock suspension parts
  • Stock OEM 18" Acura shadow line wheels with Michelin OEM tires with decent tread
I love this car.  But I have too many cars now.  I feel it's a good time for the TL to find a new home.  Someone who will care and respect her the way I did.  Everything works perfectly.  Never had an issue with this car.  Fires up without a hitch, every time.  She is so reliable.  With the Michelin LTX defender tires, she's unstoppable in the snow.  She pulls hard on the freeway, but sips gas (well comparative to my other cars - a M5 and X5M).  She tracks straight and true.  No vibrations or weird noises.  Yes, even with it lowered on Teins.  The exhaust is loud, barotone and smooth, but not obnoxious or raspy like the ATLP, XLR8 or other variants out there.  It's easy to have a conversation inside the car, but lower the windows and blast through a tunnel - sounds awesome.  I did my research and purposely chose Endless RPM's exhaust.  Plus, it's actually a private label Magnaflow, so the quality is impeccable.  She sits low. You can see in the pictures that the rear wheels are a bit tucked under the fender.  I don't have major issues with rubbing, but I also am very careful over dips in the road, angling over bumps, driveways, etc.  You can either get the fenders rolled or have your shop of choice, adjust the ride height since the Teins are adjustable.  

My 4 yr old daughter grew up riding the Acura.  Rest assured, she's a clean kid.  But the neat freak that I am, under her car seat, I used the Lusso car seat protector and for all her kicking, I also used the Lusso seat back organizer and protector.  

More pictures can be seen at https://instagram.com/kimcheebowlv10

Old 05-08-2021, 09:14 AM
Administrator

Received 1,002 Likes on 572 Posts
In accordance with THE MARKETPLACE RULES please copy and paste the following list to a new post and furnish the information requested, even if previously provided, so that it is all in one place and easy to find.

1. Reason for selling.

2. Are you the first owner? If not, how many owners were there (to the best of your knowledge)?

3a. TITLE: Is it clean, clear,rebuilt, or salvage? If other, please explain.

3b. Do you have title in hand or it is being held by a lienholder?

4. Pictures: Just a reminder to be sure to post interior and exterior pictures.

5. If leased, provide details, such as length of lease, payoff amount, etc.

6. TIMING BELT: If your car has a timing belt, and it is near or over 105,000 miles, or has lesser miles but is 8 years old or older, post if and/or when the timing belt was changed, and the mileage, and also if the water pump and tensioner were replaced.

Old 05-10-2021, 10:25 AM
®

Received 473 Likes on 224 Posts
Hey bud,

That's a nice car but $25K for 2012 with 67K? Little high don't you think. Being a car enthusiast, you should know that mods not only do not add anything to car's value but take away because mods are usually considered signs of car being driven hard/beaten up.

Also, you're starting a vetting process? It's an Acura mainstream sedan available on every corner used car lot. You're not giving up your dog or your kid for adoption. With that attitude and that price, and an accident on CarFax, you'll be waiting a while.
Old 05-10-2021, 01:46 PM
10th Gear

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Thanks for the note. My car, my sale, my decision. I'm in no hurry to sell it. The right buyer will come around and as my ad states, OBO. There's no way to truly express the level of care that I take, of my vehicles, in a marketplace ad. I don't cheap out on fixes. I don't cheap out on parts. My other 2 vehicles certainly speak to that as well. My "vetting" process is nothing formal - the point that I'm making is that I want to ensure that the car goes to a good home. I'm not running a credit check or asking anyone to fill out an application. I'm going to ask questions, but nothing wrong or illegal about that. Again, the right buyer will come along. I'm in no hurry.

Last edited by Kimcheebowl; 05-10-2021 at 01:47 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 05-10-2021, 04:30 PM
10th Gear

Answers are inline in red font.
Originally Posted by Ron A
In accordance with THE MARKETPLACE RULES please copy and paste the following list to a new post and furnish the information requested, even if previously provided, so that it is all in one place and easy to find.

1. Reason for selling.
As I'm being required to answer these questions, which for the most part are answered in my ad. I'm selling this car because I would like to make room for another vehicle. Not sure why this is so relevant.

2. Are you the first owner? If not, how many owners were there (to the best of your knowledge)?
Again, this information is in the ad. This is a 2 owner (1 family) car. I am the 2nd owner, my dad was the 1st owner. Again, in the ad.

3a. TITLE: Is it clean, clear,rebuilt, or salvage? If other, please explain.
TITLE is CLEAN.

3b. Do you have title in hand or it is being held by a lienholder?
TITLE in hand. No lienholder.

4. Pictures: Just a reminder to be sure to post interior and exterior pictures.
I will get interior pictures posted once I've had the car detailed after it's next appointment.

5. If leased, provide details, such as length of lease, payoff amount, etc.
I never have payments on cars. I buy all my cars cash. TITLE is always on hand.

6. TIMING BELT: If your car has a timing belt, and it is near or over 105,000 miles, or has lesser miles but is 8 years old or older, post if and/or when the timing belt was changed, and the mileage, and also if the water pump and tensioner were replaced.
Again, the information is IN the ad. When I had the piston recall work done, I had Acura of Bellevue do all of the 100K maintenance work completed. The TB, water pump, thermostat, oil pressure regulator, trans fluid, diff fluid. It's in the ad.
Old 05-10-2021, 05:57 PM
CDM

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
Check out the UASQUADWA.COM cruise this upcoming Saturday. Would be pretty cool to see it out there if you can make it.
Old 05-11-2021, 03:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 650 Likes on 350 Posts
Originally Posted by SRB-TL
Hey bud,

That's a nice car but $25K for 2012 with 67K? Little high don't you think. Being a car enthusiast, you should know that mods not only do not add anything to car's value but take away because mods are usually considered signs of car being driven hard/beaten up.

Also, you're starting a vetting process? It's an Acura mainstream sedan available on every corner used car lot. You're not giving up your dog or your kid for adoption. With that attitude and that price, and an accident on CarFax, you'll be waiting a while.
$16K MAX, but OP mad aggressive lol. Nothing special about the 4G except SHAWD. It would have more value with the OEM 20's to be honest. Oh well, I'm old fashioned. The only vetting I do is ask "show me the mooooonaaaaay" cause I don't care about the home just the money. No emotional attachments fogetaboutit
Old 05-11-2021, 04:44 PM
Safety Car

Received 856 Likes on 704 Posts
Perhaps he thinks his car is like the real estate in Issaquah. Could be he thinks hes got a 3G TL.
Old 05-11-2021, 05:27 PM
The inconvenient truth

Received 436 Likes on 322 Posts
Clearly he's looking for someone who values the modifications. Which certainly have a significant value by themselves.

Thats not going to be easy though so putting it back to stock and selling the parts would be something to consider.

Last edited by dopeboy1; 05-11-2021 at 05:30 PM.
Old 05-28-2021, 09:37 AM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
$25k for a 4G TL and it's not even a manual ?
LOL, goodluck
Old 05-31-2021, 09:47 PM
10th Gear

For all of the haters. The car sold. And for the price that I asked. The right buyer exists everywhere, just need to be patient for one to come along.