Notices
Marketplace Acura Cars and Parts For Sale Classifieds. Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.

SOLD: 2008 Acura TL Type S 5AT (Read Description)

For Sale

2008 Acura TL

06-15-2019, 01:14 PM | Replies: 1 | Views: 4347
  • 2008 Acura TL - SOLD: 2008 Acura TL Type S 5AT (Read Description) - Used - VIN 19UUA76548A004960 - 162,000 Miles - 6 cyl - 2WD - Automatic - Sedan - Red - Mesa, AZ 85207, United States
    Sold
  • 2008 Acura TL - SOLD: 2008 Acura TL Type S 5AT (Read Description) - Used - VIN 19UUA76548A004960 - 162,000 Miles - 6 cyl - 2WD - Automatic - Sedan - Red - Mesa, AZ 85207, United States
    Sold
    Sold
    Sold
    Sold
10th Gear

• Price
    $5,500
  • Location Mesa, AZ, 85207, USA
  • Condition Used
  • VIN 19UUA76548A004960
  • Mileage 162,000
  • Engine 6 cyl
  • Drive Type 2WD
  • Transmission Automatic
  • Vehicle Type Sedan
  • Exterior Color Red
Description:

TL;DR - REAL Type S here. Cheap because it needs EXTENSIVE body and interior work, and because it's a 4-owner car. Clean title in my name. Would prefer it gone by Tuesday or Wednesday.

Due to some much-needed changes in my lifestyle, I am forced to sell my prized possession - my TL Type S. Since December of 2017, it has been nothing but a project. I had the material to fix the interior and was in the process of mocking up a widebody, but I had more important matters to attend to. More so than anything else, I want someone to pick up where I am leaving off. Since December of 2017, this thing has been an absolute maintenance nightmare. I've been through two power steering racks, an entire suspension, transmission components, an oil pump, a water pump, all sorts of gaskets, etc. I could go on and on about how neglected this car was by its last owner. The interior was falling apart (it still is) and the paint was covered in hard water when I bought it. It was begging to have a good owner take care of it, and I have tried every avenue to clean it up.

The good: If you're concerned with this car dying on you, you'll be glad to know that it won't. I've been running full synthetic oil in the engine since I got it, changing it every 3-5,000 miles depending on conditions. Liqui-Moly Special Tec, Ravenol with PAO-base, and Castrol European Formula are some of the brands I've used with much success. I also didn't skimp out on filters since I'm running German-made Hengst filters which are hard to find in the US. I kept up on 3x3 transmission drain and fills every 20,000 miles, and I plan on doing another one before this goes to the next owner with specially-ordered Ravenol DW-1 Full Synthetic ATF (good luck finding that on store shelves). I will also do an OEM Aisin thermostat exchange before its next owner since Summer is here. As for the interior, this car has a completely upgraded sound system. An Apple CarPlay / Android Auto-compatible Sony XAV-AX100 head unit was retrofitted along with adapting the Rockford Fosgate PBR300 4-Channel Kick Panel Amplifier Upgrade. On top of that, a custom subwoofer enclosure was fitted over the rear DVD-A player to conserve space, and it can be easily removed within seconds. In the enclosure lies a a JL Audio 10-inch Subwoofer paired with an Arc Audio XDi 650-watt Mono Amplifier. (And yes, ANC and HFL have been deleted to prevent headaches.)

The bad: I fitted oversized Aodhan DS02 18x9.5 +22 wheels to compensate for a custom big brake kit and widebody I was planning on affixing. Since those haven't been attended to yet, the fenders do look like shite since I've been bending them different ways until the tires don't rub. The tires still rub despite my efforts, and the tires will need to be replaced soon. Along with that, the seats and steering wheel are just beat to crap, as is the case with the 3G TL in general. The dashboard also decided to crack, but I just did a quick fix and put on a Coverlay dash in the meantime. Keeping up with the interior, the aluminum and faux-carbon trim has blemishes from the previous owner and will need replacing. The window trim pieces and the weather stripping are worn out on top of that and will need replacing. The mirrors have been faded out by the sun, and the right mirror turn signal doesn't work anymore. Lastly, since this is an Arizona car, there are rock chips galore all over this thing, so it will need a paint job and a windshield to look brand new again.

Along with the sale will come MANY spare parts. I will be sure to DM people if they are interested in knowing what spare parts I have. Along with that, I was also in talk with Eximious Custom Parts regarding adapting Kia Stinger GT Brembo brakes to the car. They have the spindles I sent them along with a crude CAD scan, but they want payment of $900 to clean up the scan and cut the caliper adapters so even BIGGER brakes can be put on this car. With selling the OEM Type S brakes, you can get yourself a $2,000 BBK for the front and the rear. Another item I will include is a Moroso Battery Relocation Kit which I planned on using to help fit a turbo under the hood.

I am firm on the price since I have records proving how rock-solid this thing runs. It easily has another 100k miles left on it if the next owner takes good care of it. All it needs is $5,000 worth of cosmetic TLC and it's truly a breadwinner for the total amount of money spent.

Old 07-02-2019, 05:52 PM
10th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Car is sold.