Notices
Marketplace Acura Cars and Parts For Sale Classifieds. Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.

SOLD: 2003 Acura CL-S 6MT

For Sale

2003 Acura CL

04-19-2019, 05:06 PM | Replies: 22 | Views: 4834
  • 2003 Acura CL - SOLD: 2003 Acura CL-S 6MT - Used - VIN 19UYA41693A007992 - 192,000 Miles - 6 cyl - 2WD - Manual - Coupe - Silver - Houston, TX 77002, United States
    Sold
  • 2003 Acura CL - SOLD: 2003 Acura CL-S 6MT - Used - VIN 19UYA41693A007992 - 192,000 Miles - 6 cyl - 2WD - Manual - Coupe - Silver - Houston, TX 77002, United States
    Sold
    Sold
    Sold
    Sold
Cruisin'

• Price
    $2,200
    • OBO
  • Location Houston, TX, 77002, USA
  • Condition Used
  • VIN 19UYA41693A007992
  • Mileage 192,000
  • Engine 6 cyl
  • Drive Type 2WD
  • Transmission Manual
  • Vehicle Type Coupe
  • Exterior Color Silver
Description:

I've owned this car since May of 2005 and as much as I hate to do it, it's time to let it go. The car has been meticulously maintained, in overall in good shape (see below for good and bad), and has been super reliable. I don't get the time to work on it like I used to and don't have space for it and that is part of the reason for letting it go. I bought it as car to use for weekend commutes/road trips and in the last couple of years, I've used it as more of a daily driver. The car is all original, has never been modified, never been wrecked (other than the rear bumper being replaced and front bumper being replaced due to dings...all original permaVIN stickers still on the body panels). The pics should give a good idea of the condition of the car.

Here are the positives about the car:

• Engine in great shape and still runs like it always has; top end rebuild at 140k due valve over-tightening during adjustment by dealer
  • Clutch was just replaced at 180k - to give you an idea of how the car was treated, this was the first clutch replacement for the car (I bought it with 13k on it in 2005)
  • Paint overall is in great shape other than a few minor blemishes and barely noticeable door dings...she is due for a claying and a good waxing, but overall good other then items mentioned below
  • Interior is in great shape other than normal wear on steering wheel leather, shift knob leather and some cracking/wear on the front vinyl section of the drivers seat where the back of your calf would hit
  • Everything on the car works...locks, windows, radio, CD player, A/C, sunroof, etc
  • Tires are Hankook Ventus V12's - rears are 80% tread
  • All original, adult owned, never modified
...and here are the things that aren't as positive
  • front tires are due to be replaced...should have done when I did back tires, but knew I was going to get rid of car and discount puts the new ones in the back
  • Front bumper has share of scratches and dings...if you want it perfect, it needs to be touched up/repainted
  • Couple of small rock chips in windshield...been there forever, smaller than dime and never have spread/grown
  • Rear bumper has some spider cracks where someone backed into it in my office garage (passenger rear corner)...can't notice from a distance and bumper panel itself is perfect
  • Dipstick has a slight leak...supposedly the o-ring at the base of dipstick at block is a known issue on these and the Accords...has never been bad enough for me to worry/get to it. Cheap part
  • SRS light is on...just came on 2 months ago...took seat out to clean out under seat (I dropped a couple of french fries and couldn't get them out...took seat out (had to disconnect airbag module) and light is on when went back...going to try and check/fix this when I have time to get under seat to check connector which is likely the cause
  • Worst thing is the 3rd gear synchro quit working in the last 5k miles...you can still shift into third if you match revs or you can double clutch like an old school manual and she goes into 3rd just fine. Sometimes, I just go from 2nd to 4th and no problems with that. All other gears/shifting is fine.

Old 04-19-2019, 05:31 PM
Latent car nut

Received 2,005 Likes on 1,407 Posts
Have you tried changing the MTF with ACDelco Synchromesh Friction Modified? Many-many of us in the 3G TL community have had troubles with third-gear synchros and that helped dramatically.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:42 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the recommendation. I have tried the Declo synchromesh (with friction modifier), it helped a little, but the synchro is still not working well. I was going to get the parts and fix the transmission myself (manual transmissions are fairly straightforward), but just don't have the time and the garage space right now. I looked and can get new OEM parts for around $300 (3rd gear set).

I should have also mentioned in the previous post that I also replaced the CV joints/axles at 165k miles. They were starting to make the clicking sound when turning, so went ahead and swapped them out.
Old 04-20-2019, 06:49 PM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
wish i had the extra cash to scoop this.. just bought a 2nd cls6 a few months ago... love them in silver like yours hope it goes to a good home..
Old 05-02-2019, 07:20 PM
Cruisin'

Lowering price to $2500. Hoping to find someone who has an interest in these and willing to give it a good home.

mod edit-updated
Old 05-03-2019, 06:00 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Problem is I live in Seattle! How to move it all the way across the country?
Old 05-03-2019, 06:05 PM
Latent car nut

Received 2,005 Likes on 1,407 Posts
Originally Posted by ksu90
Problem is I live in Seattle! How to move it all the way across the country?
Easy answer, ROAD TRIP!
Old 05-13-2019, 09:08 PM
Cruisin'

Wish there was an easy way to get it to Seattle! Really want to get it a home where someone will take care of it and enjoy it. Hence listed it here instead of the usual spots where I would list it locally. Lowering price to $2200 since I need the space.

mod edit-updated
Old 05-18-2019, 05:16 PM
BigBubblesNoTroubles

Originally Posted by TexasTiger
Wish there was an easy way to get it to Seattle! Really want to get it a home where someone will take care of it and enjoy it. Hence listed it here instead of the usual spots where I would list it locally. Lowering price to $2200 since I need the space.

mod edit-updated

It's a nice drive. Do it!
Old 05-18-2019, 06:19 PM
Cruisin'

White-Zilla - tried to respond to your PM, but not sure it went through due to an error saying your inbox was over-quota. Send me a PM back if you didn't get it or PM me a phone number and I'll call you if easier.
Old 05-18-2019, 07:24 PM
Null and proud of it

Received 898 Likes on 788 Posts
Nice car! Awesome price! Tag White-Zilla!
Old 05-21-2019, 01:40 PM
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 66 Posts
ksu90-

One way flight is about $110 right now with American. You could do the reverse version of what I did when I went and got my CB7 in Seattle a few years ago. Briefly chronicled here.

Plus, you could eat the best BBQ on planet Earth when you're here. Wins all around!
Old 05-23-2019, 11:56 AM
Brock

Received 236 Likes on 118 Posts
Very nice car. I'd be interested if I was in the market for another vehicle.

Couple quick notes about the trans:

Redline MTL is far better than the GM syncromesh.
https://www.redlineoil.com/mtl-75w80-gl-4-gear-oil

The clutch line damper probably needs to be replaced. It's there for NVH but it creates a delay in pressure changes
and a large enough delay can interfere with normal shifting. Maybe the syncros are warn, but if the damper is bad,
then it will make things substantially worse. It's a cheap part and not hard to replace: 46985-SW3-003.
Old 05-23-2019, 12:27 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,390 Posts
Originally Posted by Euro-R_Spec_TSX
Very nice car. I'd be interested if I was in the market for another vehicle.

Couple quick notes about the trans:

Redline MTL is far better than the GM syncromesh.
https://www.redlineoil.com/mtl-75w80-gl-4-gear-oil

The clutch line damper probably needs to be replaced. It's there for NVH but it creates a delay in pressure changes
and a large enough delay can interfere with normal shifting. Maybe the syncros are warn, but if the damper is bad,
then it will make things substantially worse. It's a cheap part and not hard to replace: 46985-SW3-003.
My bet is that the 'syncros are worn' as the attached Service Bulletin 08-018 indicates.

However, if he wanted to prove the synchro theory wrong, he could spend half the online cost of a new clutch damper and bypass it altogether with a steel braided line HNC-011:

https://www.technafitstore.com/HONDA...-p/hnc-011.htm

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
TSB3rdGearGrind.pdf (72.1 KB, 43 views)
Old 05-29-2019, 05:54 PM
Cruisin'

Euro-R and Zeta - thanks for the tips. I wasn't aware of the clutch line damper. I haven't had time to get under the car or do the bypass to test, but I'm fairly certain it is a worn syncro...the clutch feels fine (it was recently replaced at 180k) and all other gears shift normal with no issues and no drama. You can use third gear, just have to double clutch and rev-match to get into third without grinding it (or just rev in 2nd a little higher and bypass 3rd) Per Zeta's post, if I had the time, I would get the OEM third gear set and replace it myself. I had already looked into it and the OEM parts are around $300.

Still have the car...still needs a good home. I keep joking to myself it's the perfect "Wheeler Dealer" car since it's in good shape and just needs a little TLC to be perfect. It would make a good daily driver for someone willing to put just a little bit of effort into it. I just don't have the time these days or the garage space.
Old 05-30-2019, 08:26 AM
BigBubblesNoTroubles

Will someone please buy this so I can stop trying to figure out where I would park it!
Old 06-02-2019, 11:28 AM
Cruisin'

Had a few people ask for pictures of the engine/under the hood. See below. Car is still available and needs a good home.

Old 06-02-2019, 04:37 PM
BigBubblesNoTroubles

PM Sent
Old 06-13-2019, 07:14 PM
1st Gear

Still for sale? Daughter at LSU just had her ‘03 CL Type S flooded out in a flash flood last week. Could probably pick yours up next weekend. terrinewbill@gmail.com

Originally Posted by TexasTiger
Euro-R and Zeta - thanks for the tips. I wasn't aware of the clutch line damper. I haven't had time to get under the car or do the bypass to test, but I'm fairly certain it is a worn syncro...the clutch feels fine (it was recently replaced at 180k) and all other gears shift normal with no issues and no drama. You can use third gear, just have to double clutch and rev-match to get into third without grinding it (or just rev in 2nd a little higher and bypass 3rd) Per Zeta's post, if I had the time, I would get the OEM third gear set and replace it myself. I had already looked into it and the OEM parts are around $300.

Still have the car...still needs a good home. I keep joking to myself it's the perfect "Wheeler Dealer" car since it's in good shape and just needs a little TLC to be perfect. It would make a good daily driver for someone willing to put just a little bit of effort into it. I just don't have the time these days or the garage space.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:16 PM
Null and proud of it

Received 898 Likes on 788 Posts
Off topic, but I was in BTR earlier that evening last week and could see all of that rain that was coming and knew it would not be good. Sorry to hear her car was damaged.
Old 06-14-2019, 08:32 AM
1st Gear

Blocked by rules

OP, I am not able to view your PM because I am new to the forum. Please email me directly. Thank you
Old 06-14-2019, 10:23 AM
Cruisin'

Terri - sent you an email. You can PM or email me with a phone number and I will give you a call later today or tomorrow.

Thanks.
Old 06-21-2019, 11:32 AM
Cruisin'

The car has been sold...thanks for all the feedback everyone!