Notices
Marketplace Acura Cars and Parts For Sale Classifieds. Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.

CLOSED: 2008 Acura TL Type S w/ 50k

For Sale

Old 03-21-2019, 06:04 PM
9th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by VCastle_22
This whole thread was BS if you don't have 17-19K to buy the car get off the thread. How old are you guys ? Let the MOD do his job.
My point exactly!
Old 03-21-2019, 06:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,595 Likes on 6,639 Posts
Originally Posted by VCastle_22
This whole thread was BS if you don't have 17-19K to buy the car get off the thread. How old are you guys ? Let the MOD do his job.
What if you have the money but curious as to the backstory of the car?
Old 03-21-2019, 06:16 PM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,651 Likes on 1,116 Posts
I would want to know...
Old 03-21-2019, 06:54 PM
Latent car nut

Received 2,005 Likes on 1,407 Posts
What if you have the money but want to spend it on a more appropriately priced car?
Old 03-21-2019, 07:14 PM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by thoiboi
What if you have the money but curious as to the backstory of the car?
Originally Posted by gatrhumpy
I would want to know...
Originally Posted by horseshoez
What if you have the money but want to spend it on a more appropriately priced car?
Again, there’s a fine line between being “curious” and attacking the vehicle, thread, and op. I will reiterate once again, to any SERIOUS buyers that happen to get past all the nonsense before this post I am making now, I am more than happy to answer any questions you may have about my baby! I encourage questions To everyone else who has an opinion about the price or “has the money but curious,” kindly quit posting in my thread. Thank you
Old 03-22-2019, 03:13 AM
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Wow great deal, but I’m worried it’s overpriced due to the comments.

Can you kindly provide proof of the 17k offer, dear sir?

For, I do have the sufficient funds in my bank account equating $19,000.
Old 03-22-2019, 05:58 AM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by YungMoola15
Go there with 4K cash, I guarantee you he’ll take it. Just be like “I’m here with cash” while you show him the money in your hand.

i personally wouldn’t pay more than that, the motor is bulletproof but the transmission is what worries me.
Perhaps you should stick to vehicles in this range. If you think a vehicle is a good deal online and already doubting it’s worth, you probably shouldn’t be looking at it, or otherwise conducting more research before making a decision . Other people’s offers shouldn’t matter to you, oh mighty and scholarly kind sir Nice try though, hope you find a good use for your $19k!

Last edited by hahmad627; 03-22-2019 at 06:01 AM.
Old 03-22-2019, 10:03 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 194 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by hahmad627

Again, there’s a fine line between being “curious” and attacking the vehicle, thread, and op. I will reiterate once again, to any SERIOUS buyers that happen to get past all the nonsense before this post I am making now, I am more than happy to answer any questions you may have about my baby! I encourage questions To everyone else who has an opinion about the price or “has the money but curious,” kindly quit posting in my thread. Thank you
Hard to claim the car is your baby, you've just taken ownership and done nothing to make it "your baby"
goof of a post

Old 03-22-2019, 10:14 AM
Administrator

Received 1,002 Likes on 572 Posts
That's enough for the pricing comments. You've all made your points and redundancy sucks. Stick to the actual sale topic or your posts will be deleted.
Old 03-22-2019, 11:55 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 232 Likes on 160 Posts
thoiboi is a moderator and he is doing his job. The other users in this thread are doing their jobs as well-respected members of the Acurazine community. They've been open and honest over the years and although their comments may "seem" harsh, they are warranted in my opnion.

Coming into a new forum and being snarky towards veteran users isn't going to enhance credibility with this sale.

Back on topic - I'd love to see more pictures of this car!
Old 03-22-2019, 12:54 PM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by MyGuti
Hard to claim the car is your baby, you've just taken ownership and done nothing to make it "your baby"
goof of a post
If you are blessed with being a father, you wouldn’t call your child your baby until a certain amount of time? Cuz he/she is too new? Funny guy! This car will always be my baby . Thank you for your concern though buddy.
Old 03-22-2019, 12:54 PM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by Ron A
That's enough for the pricing comments. You've all made your points and redundancy sucks. Stick to the actual sale topic or your posts will be deleted.
Thank you.
Old 03-22-2019, 12:57 PM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by wusty23jd
thoiboi is a moderator and he is doing his job. The other users in this thread are doing their jobs as well-respected members of the Acurazine community. They've been open and honest over the years and although their comments may "seem" harsh, they are warranted in my opnion.

Coming into a new forum and being snarky towards veteran users isn't going to enhance credibility with this sale.

Back on topic - I'd love to see more pictures of this car!
The fact that you are choosing to be blind to the aura that “veteran users” created on my thread (for no reason) is amusing to me. Once and a final time again..there is a difference in asking questions vs. the personal comments about pricing, the vehicle, etc. Genuine curiosity and serious interest is encouraged, not what this post has been getting thus far. No one is acting “snarky” my friend, look at the facts.

Back on topic though - Absolutely! I will get pictures of my baby over the weekend, currently out of town for work. God bless
Old 03-22-2019, 01:17 PM
Three Wheelin'

LOL did you just compare your car to fatherhood?!
Your clearly not a father.

But back to the topic of selling your car.....
why do you keep deflecting the important questions that are being asked? IE: why are you selling the car after such a short term of ownership?
Old 03-22-2019, 01:20 PM
9th Gear

LOL did you just compare your car to fatherhood?!
Your clearly not a father.

But back to the topic of selling your car.....
why do you keep deflecting the important questions that are being asked? IE: why are you selling the car after such a short term of ownership?
Yes I did, just as any true auto enthusiast would . You can continue with the personal attacks though if that makes you feel good about yourself.

Not deflecting, choosing not to answer to tirekickers. Anyone legitimately interested is welcome to message me
Old 03-22-2019, 01:30 PM
Latent car nut

Yes I did, just as any true auto enthusiast would . You can continue with the personal attacks though if that makes you feel good about yourself.

Not deflecting, choosing not to answer to tirekickers. Anyone legitimately interested is welcome to message me
Apparently you fail to understand the fact folks here are very well educated on what your car is worth, and like it or don't, believe it or not, it isn't worth anywhere near $19,000. My bet is the best possible offer you can hope to entertain from this forum is $14,000, and even that seems a bit of a stretch.

All this is to say, you next steps should be to A) stick around because you like to argue but otherwise have no intention of selling your car, or B) move on to a different site in the hopes of finding a fish who is naive regarding the value of these cars.

Like I wrote above, I typically applaud folks who try and fetch top dollar for what they're selling, but your ask is WAY over the top.
Old 03-22-2019, 01:33 PM
9th Gear

Apparently you fail to understand the fact folks here are very well educated on what your car is worth, and like it or don't, believe it or not, it isn't worth anywhere near $19,000. My bet is the best possible offer you can hope to entertain from this forum is $14,000, and even that seems a bit of a stretch.

All this is to say, you next steps should be to A) stick around because you like to argue but otherwise have no intention of selling your car, or B) move on to a different site in the hopes of finding a fish who is naive regarding the value of these cars.

Like I wrote above, I typically applaud folks who try and fetch top dollar for what they're selling, but your ask is WAY over the top.
I sense a delete comin your way my friend If you don’t like what I have to say, please hop off my thread bud.
Old 03-22-2019, 01:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

Saying that your are waiting for legitimate or serious buyers is another deflection......why not just reply to the questions here so the serious/legitimate buyer can have all the facts and decide whether or not your astronomical asking price is worth their time?
Either your shady, or you lack common sense when it comes to marketing.
You are a self-proclaimed auto enthusiast, so much so that you love your baby so much your willing to sell it for a quick flip
Old 03-22-2019, 01:39 PM
9th Gear

Saying that your are waiting for legitimate or serious buyers is another deflection......why not just reply to the questions here so the serious/legitimate buyer can have all the facts and decide whether or not your astronomical asking price is worth their time?
Either your shady, or you lack common sense when it comes to marketing.
You are a self-proclaimed auto enthusiast, so much so that you love your baby so much your willing to sell it for a quick flip
Because I am not entertaining clowns. Keep the personal comments coming! This is starting to get fun
Old 03-22-2019, 01:53 PM
Latent car nut

Yeah, that's what I thought; you're not really interested in selling your car.

Old 03-22-2019, 01:58 PM
9th Gear

Yeah, that's what I thought; you're not really interested in selling your car.

“Deciding to test the waters on selling my 2008 Acura TL Type S in Alabaster Silver Metallic.”

What gave it away genius? 😂
Old 03-22-2019, 02:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

“Deciding to test the waters on selling my 2008 Acura TL Type S in Alabaster Silver Metallic.”

What gave it away genius? 😂
Incorrect.............Deciding to test the waters on flipping my 2008 Acura TL Type S in Alabaster Silver Metallic

Old 03-22-2019, 02:19 PM
9th Gear

Incorrect.............Deciding to test the waters on flipping my 2008 Acura TL Type S in Alabaster Silver Metallic
Sure, if that puts a smile on your face! :p
Old 03-22-2019, 02:41 PM
Racer

Perhaps you should stick to vehicles in this range. If you think a vehicle is a good deal online and already doubting it’s worth, you probably shouldn’t be looking at it, or otherwise conducting more research before making a decision . Other people’s offers shouldn’t matter to you, oh mighty and scholarly kind sir Nice try though, hope you find a good use for your $19k!
Unreal! I’m truly offend, sir.
I guess I will take my funds elsewhere & spend it on a more appropriately price vehicle.

Please provide proof of $17k offer or Mods should close this fraud, I mean thread before some sucker falls for it.
Old 03-22-2019, 02:43 PM
9th Gear

I guess I will take my funds elsewhere & spend it on a more appropriately price vehicle.

Please provide proof of $17k offer or Mods should close this fraud, I mean thread before some sucker falls for it.
LOL you’re hilarious buddy. Only fraud here is you!
Old 03-22-2019, 02:52 PM
Racer

LOL you’re hilarious buddy. Only fraud here is you!
why not post proof of the offer & settle the debate?
Old 03-22-2019, 02:57 PM
Safety Car

Received 992 Likes on 748 Posts

On OP's position he does not need to prove the previous offers of $17,000 or more. For all we know he is blowing his own whistle on that. I think we have done a good job of blowing this thread up enough that the OP will have a hard time selling here unfortunately.

hahmad - Honestly if you are trying to fetch the high asking price you are I would suggest putting in time for a well documented/organized post proving why the car is worth so much. Posting "message me with any questions" is personally being lazy. If you think the car is worth it, which it is a nice car as I have mentioned before, prove to the other parties that view it by posting detailed pictures of the condition in/out, under the hood, under the car, any records you have. That would help you tremendously with the potential sale at the price you want. Also, your previous statements on this Forum as Thoiboi posted "having a lot of plans for the car" a couple days before listing it doesn't look good. Either there is something wrong with the car or you saw someone else pay $19k for theirs with low mileage and want to try and cash in it. Another thing that will hurt the next buyer is another listed owner on the VIN as this will be a very hard sell not only at the price you have it at but for the fact most banks won't loan that much for an older car, let alone 3+ owners. With that said your fishing hole is the size of a 5 gallon bucket. Best of luck to ya!
Old 03-22-2019, 02:59 PM
9th Gear

why not post proof of the offer & settle the debate?
What debate? Is there a debate going on? I wasn’t aware! Just thought it was some tirekickers wasting my time!
Old 03-22-2019, 03:03 PM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by BreezyTL
On OP's position he does not need to prove the previous offers of $17,000 or more. For all we know he is blowing his own whistle on that. I think we have done a good job of blowing this thread up enough that the OP will have a hard time selling here unfortunately.

hahmad - Honestly if you are trying to fetch the high asking price you are I would suggest putting in time for a well documented/organized post proving why the car is worth so much. Posting "message me with any questions" is personally being lazy. If you think the car is worth it, which it is a nice car as I have mentioned before, prove to the other parties that view it by posting detailed pictures of the condition in/out, under the hood, under the car, any records you have. That would help you tremendously with the potential sale at the price you want. Also, your previous statements on this Forum as Thoiboi posted "having a lot of plans for the car" a couple days before listing it doesn't look good. Either there is something wrong with the car or you saw someone else pay $19k for theirs with low mileage and want to try and cash in it. Another thing that will hurt the next buyer is another listed owner on the VIN as this will be a very hard sell not only at the price you have it at but for the fact most banks won't loan that much for an older car, let alone 3+ owners. With that said your fishing hole is the size of a 5 gallon bucket. Best of luck to ya!
Appreciate the insight my man! I posted this as I am out of town on work, I didn’t think it would result in so many tirekickers! Honestly thought this was a more professional and regulated community..boy was I wrong! If I decide I want to maintain my listing here, I will surely make it much more detailed to the best of my ability! If not, you’ll be seeing progress updates of my baby! After all, I do have a ton of plans for her in case my water testing does not go as planned Stay tuned!
Old 03-23-2019, 08:49 PM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,651 Likes on 1,116 Posts
Guys, come on. Enough of the rude comments.
Good luck hahmad627!
Old 03-23-2019, 10:35 PM
Administrator

Received 1,002 Likes on 572 Posts

I sense a delete comin your way my friend If you don’t like what I have to say, please hop off my thread bud.
No delete. You're constant stoking of the fires is not helping your thread so I'll just stay out of it.

And your posts in other forums about your plans for your car and asking for recommendations on how to improve it show you're not really serious and just threw out a thread with an inflated asking price to see what happens which is just wasting my time so the thread will be closed soon.

Old 03-24-2019, 12:19 AM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by gatrhumpy
Guys, come on. Enough of the rude comments.
Good luck hahmad627!
Thanks man!
Old 03-24-2019, 12:21 AM
9th Gear

No delete. You're constant stoking of the fires is not helping your thread so I'll just stay out of it.

And your posts in other forums about your plans for your car and asking for recommendations on how to improve it show you're not really serious and just threw out a thread with an inflated asking price to see what happens which is just wasting my time so the thread will be closed soon.
Lol what a “moderator”! You are getting in on the pricing subject..seems totally fair . Go ahead and close the thread asap, thank you!
Old 03-24-2019, 03:25 AM
Null and proud of it

Received 898 Likes on 788 Posts
Bud, you're asking one owner KBP or MRP 6MT money, there...

I offer you $34.50 and a 2011 Kia Optima, firm... Me, that is...
Old 03-24-2019, 07:09 AM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery
Bud, you're asking one owner KBP or MRP 6MT money, there...

I offer you $34.50 and a 2011 Kia Optima, firm... Me, that is...
Thanks for the super generous offer, but you can keep your Korean junk my friend Uh oh..I’m “stoking the fire” again
Old 03-24-2019, 07:12 AM
Latent car nut

Old 03-24-2019, 07:14 AM
9th Gear

Agreed
Old 03-24-2019, 07:17 AM
Null and proud of it

Received 898 Likes on 788 Posts

Thanks for the super generous offer, but you can keep your Korean junk my friend Uh oh..I’m “stoking the fire” again

Nah man, just messing with you.

You're asking a lot for the car, but if you're just seeing what you could get or get offered, I get it.

The problem is that according to previous post in this thread, you're posting different threads that have a conflict of interest. It gives the impression that you're a troll. Not saying that you are, but others here like Ron A are getting this feeling. So, if you're honestly not trying to troll and just posting as you go, I'm sorry, but it makes you look bad to management.
Old 03-24-2019, 07:26 AM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery
Nah man, just messing with you.

You're asking a lot for the car, but if you're just seeing what you could get or get offered, I get it.

The problem is that according to previous post in this thread, you're posting different threads that have a conflict of interest. It gives the impression that you're a troll. Not saying that you are, but others here like Ron A are getting this feeling. So, if you're honestly not trying to troll and just posting as you go, I'm sorry, but it makes you look bad to management.
Perception is reality my friend, and the way everyone posted on my thread created a bad atmosphere. And the “moderator” agrees to everything! Definitely never listing anything on here again, it’s full of keyboard warriors that seem to have their own opinion about the way people doing things, in the false sense of “oh, we’re trying to help ensure people don’t get scammed.” What a joke! I am at this point just waiting for the “moderator” to delete the thread. It was fun dealing with you all nonsense people on here though while it lasted (you know who you are )
Old 03-24-2019, 07:40 AM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
This entire thread has turned into a shit feast. OP. good luck with your piece of shit. Get off that high horse of yours and come back down to earth. Basic Type-s, automatic, no packages and you can't answer anyone's questions? You seem like a real shady asshole. Best of luck with your pathetic sale.