Accuracy of info on dash

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2022, 05:18 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Accuracy of info on dash

Hey everybody, I have a question about psi on the tires and oil level, I just got my tires
changed 2 1/2 months ago and the PSi

is different on all four tires is this normal? And if not what should each one be? Here’s a picture of what’s on my dash. Also it shows oil life 30% after I got it changed not long ago, is that accurate. I’d really like to know what each one of my tires psi should beAnd why they’re all different after just getting new tires not long ago.
Old 02-22-2022, 05:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,737 Likes on 6,740 Posts
check with a tire pressure gauge
Old 02-23-2022, 08:07 AM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by thoiboi
check with a tire pressure gauge
Thanks, but that doesn't answer any of my questions. I am not a "car guy" so talk to me like I am slow....when I put air in my tires ( I haven't since I got 4 new tires) I go until it meets where it is supposed to be, the machine stops automatically,lol

What PSI should each tire be?
Should they all be different as shown in the picture and why would they all be different that soon after new tires?
Why would oil life be 30% a month after getting a change?
Old 02-23-2022, 10:13 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 168 Likes on 140 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael.81
Thanks, but that doesn't answer any of my questions. I am not a "car guy" so talk to me like I am slow....when I put air in my tires ( I haven't since I got 4 new tires) I go until it meets where it is supposed to be, the machine stops automatically,lol

What PSI should each tire be?
Should they all be different as shown in the picture and why would they all be different that soon after new tires?
Why would oil life be 30% a month after getting a change?
I use a tire inflator, set to 1 psi higher than the factory recommended values. I've found the onboard TPMS to be pretty accurate when I check with a manual tire pressure gauge. I've noticed that the pressures were always within +/- 1psi, even when driving and the tires start to warm up. If I saw that much of a difference between tires, I'd check the pressures again, or you might have a slow leak.

As for the oil life monitor, are you sure it was reset when the oil change was done? If so, how many miles have you driven since then?
Old 02-23-2022, 12:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 209 Likes on 176 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael.81
Hey everybody, I have a question about psi on the tires and oil level, I just got my tires
changed 2 1/2 months ago and the PSi

is different on all four tires is this normal? And if not what should each one be? Here’s a picture of what’s on my dash. Also it shows oil life 30% after I got it changed not long ago, is that accurate. I’d really like to know what each one of my tires psi should beAnd why they’re all different after just getting new tires not long ago.
They are quite accurate. Tires loose pressure at different rates, it's because oxygen molecules can pass thru the rubber. Temperature is also a factor as air (like everything else) expands and contracts with temperature. Using nitrogen, as some tire shops do, lessens pressure fluctuations and it doesn't bleed thru.
Old 02-23-2022, 02:40 PM
Racer

Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts
There's a sticker at the drivers door jam that says the recommended tire PSI. Use that as a reference to adjust what ever machine you are using to put air in the tires. Second, like mentioned above outside, temperature can cause the psi to rise or drop 3-4 psi depending on how cold it outside and how hot you get your tires (Given you're not doing burn outs lol). Third, you might have a bent wheel that's causing the tire to not seal well to the rim and could be leaking air. As far as your oil % dropping down that much in a month could be an issue that only a dealer can solve or someone forgot to reset it and you didn't pay attention.