Is my Takeda intake carb legal?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 05:22 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
Is my Takeda intake carb legal?

Posting this in the regional section as well. Not sure where will get more traffic.

I picked up the Takeda intake for my ILX before it was confirmed to fit the ILX. At the time it was made for the 1.8l Civic and it was carb legal for that civic. Looking up the same intake now for the civic, putting in that I own an ILX says the part will fit and that it is the same item number so it is the same exact intake.

This intake is now carb legal for the ILX as well but wasnt so when I purchased it so I didnt get any sort of carb legal sticker to prove so.
What I do have is the carb ID number... CARB E.O Number D-550-16 which should prove it is carb legal for the ILX.

Do I NEED that sticker/badge or is that code and the fact that it is carb legal good enough to leave it on during a smog or should I just take the damn 20 minutes to swap intakes before smog?
Old 10-27-2015, 09:54 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts
Easy fix bro. Just call Takeda and get them to send you the sticker in the mail. Explain the situation, maybe send pics or receipt, bla bla bla.

Yes, technically you need the sticker. Will come down to Smog Tech, but without the sticker, that's technically a visual fail, even if it will pass anyway. Expect the sticker to take a while to get to you. Props on getting way ahead of the curve rather then waiting until last minute when you need a smog in a couple years.

Slight thread jack. I thought the CT- Engineering SuperCharger was street legal, however, it is simply pending. I am bitching out of getting the supercharger for the time being. Really wanted it, but its definitely a pricey purchase for me to begin with. I will most likely just say fuck it and get Hondata soon. Having to deal with Cali CARB sucks, Props to those who don't care, but I just think it's too much BS. As the car is now/will be, I will have to remove the header, unlock the car from Hondata, drive around for a week or so (so that the ECU resets) and then pass smog. Then swap in header and turn on Hondata again for a couple years. Not a huge deal, but annoying. Don't feel like dealing with bigger jobs then that, at least for now.

If the CT Charger gets street legal (likely)... then I may have to reconsider later on... Especially if I'm doing better.. Right now I'm just Ai'ght... would be financially irresponsible to spend $5000k+++ on a mod for me right now.