Whos looking for a front lip?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2014 | 06:31 PM
Suzuka Master

Whos looking for a front lip?

Okay guys. I posted this earlier today on instagram and I do know at least one person had sent out an email so if one of you guys are interested hopefully its not too late.

AeroFlow Dynamics has contacted me and asked me to find an ILX in the Arcadia area of California to fit a new splitter front lip they are developing. They will need your front bumper for a matters of hours while they make a template for their mounting locations.

If you are interested you can get a sick new front splitter installed for a good discounted price.

Email them if you are interested and follow ILXclub on instagram to see things like this first!

Sales.afdynamics@gmail.com
The following users liked this post:
aomechmarine (04-29-2014)
Old 04-28-2014 | 10:20 PM
Instructor

sweet. i'd probably be interested. guess i'll go ahead and send an email. i'm located in long beach
Old 04-28-2014 | 10:22 PM
Instructor

do you have any idea what these lips will resemble??
Old 04-28-2014 | 10:32 PM
Suzuka Master

Check aero flow dynamics on instagram. They make the same style lip for everything so I figure like that.
I wasn't given any pictures though so I'm refraining from posting any.

I've seen one from them already on Aarons car so maybe the same but without winglets?
Old 04-29-2014 | 03:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

I wrote an email as well. Probably too late. Day late, dollar short, The story of my life man, haha.
Old 04-29-2014 | 04:31 PM
Three Wheelin'

Also I've seen SlammedILX's car in person and I think the lip with winglets looked great on his car. The color contrast of black and white made it stand out a lot. The lips are made out of metal, so they are durable. Offers both form and function. I did not like the little winglets tho. However, it did not look bad on his car, because of the look he's going for. He had matching side skirts as well, which made it come together a lot more. To summarize, I think the lip with winglets, by itself, would just be too aggressive looking for MOST of the ILX's I've seen and the look they are going for. I am curious to see what the new one will look like.
Old 04-29-2014 | 04:34 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by aomechmarine
Also I've seen SlammedILX's car in person and I think the lip with winglets looked great on his car. The color contrast of black and white made it stand out a lot. The lips are made out of metal, so they are durable. Offers both form and function. I did not like the little winglets tho. However, it did not look bad on his car, because of the look he's going for. He had matching side skirts as well, which made it come together a lot more. To summarize, I think the lip with winglets, by itself, would just be too aggressive looking for MOST of the ILX's I've seen and the look they are going for. I am curious to see what the new one will look like.
Agreed. I would like one without the winglets but I would also like to not pay half for a part after the company used my car and or bumper for a few hours. Most companies hand you the part for your time... the better ones even offer a loaner car while they have yours.

If you ask me, for my look, the lip isnt where I want to go even if it was cheaper than the splitter I already have. Hence why I turned them down myself and gave someone else the chance. Sure theirs have more functionality being larger and they can probably get the mounting perfect but its too much for me. If it was thicker, a little smaller, and no winglets.. so more like the Endurance ILX and id LOVE it.
Old 04-29-2014 | 06:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

What? Half price? Really? I could understand if its a really expensive part/parts totaling well over $500 at least... so far i've gotten 3 different test fits, and yeah you gotta give em your car for a few days, or a few hours, at THEIR convenience, NOT YOURS. Even it its for a few hours, thats time out of your day. I honestly have a bigger issue with paying for something (even at half price) sight unseen... That just seems kind of crazy...
Old 04-29-2014 | 11:51 PM
Racer

its not metal, its full high grade aluminum. js.
CNC'd out and powdercoated for the best fitment and durability. It wouldnt be the same style as mine, It will be less aggressive and will also be available with or without the winglets. They also sell side skirt extentions as shown on my car with your choice of winglets or not. Obviously winglets will be more expensive... but its your call. If you guys want to set up a group buy, I can probably get you better pricing.

Last edited by SlaammedILX; 04-30-2014 at 12:03 AM.
Old 04-30-2014 | 10:13 AM
Suzuka Master

I wondered why they need another ilx but didn't really want to drop your name. They already have the template from your fitment.

And if you can get us a better deal than half off on the lip without winglets less aggressive and skirts without winglets I'm down!
Old 04-30-2014 | 02:15 PM
Advanced

I would be interested in getting a set without the winglets too.
Old 04-30-2014 | 03:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

The first 4 sentences of the definition of aluminum from wikipedia (which is not a "creditable" source haha) -
Aluminium (or aluminum; see spelling differences) is a chemical element in the boron group with symbol Al and atomic number 13. It is a silvery white, soft, ductile (METAL). Aluminium is the third most abundant element (after oxygen and silicon), and the most abundant (METAL), in the Earth's crust. It makes up about 8% by weight of the Earth's solid surface. Aluminium (METAL) is so chemically reactive that native specimens are rare and limited to extreme reducing environments.
You say aluminum, I said metal, its the same shit with a different smell, haha. I say its all good either way
Old 05-03-2014 | 12:25 AM
Racer

Dude.. Nobody likes a smart ass. We all know aluminum is metal but I was specifying the type of metal it is. For all they know it could have been gold, iron, titanium, etc.

Anyways, Shop just got the lift. So if anyone is in need of a completely custom one, feel free to stop by. If not, they have a basic one for sale similar to the APR single point but its aluminum and powdercoated... and not universal lol. Made to fit the ILX bumper.

Last edited by SlaammedILX; 05-03-2014 at 12:28 AM.
Old 05-03-2014 | 10:16 AM
Suzuka Master

Wait what about the two options?
Old 05-04-2014 | 02:48 AM
Racer

1) complete custom one $$$$$
2) the design they already have (finless, similar to APR style)
ill try and get a pic up soon, I forgot to snap one while I was at the shop today.
Old 05-04-2014 | 06:30 PM
Three Wheelin'

Bro bitches LOVE smartasses - your point is invalid. Anyway I already told you I don't have a problem with you. Ya need ya sum Jesus boy.... Um HUMM HUMMMM owwww whoaaaaa Imma pray fo' ya and sing some spirituals on yo' behalf.... Anyway if this is because I called your "team" a "crew" ya gotta get over it kid. I specifically asked you what kingsmen was - because I know some people get all butthurt when you call it a "team" or "crew" or "club" when they call it something else. Since you didn't answer my question, I had to guess and thats why there was quotes. Sheesh internet gangbang squad tryna "keep it real" and take some new territory huh? I love being a smartass - I don't care if others are. I do think it's weird that you called me a smartass after you clearly started off with the first round of the the smartass-ery with your (read in a nerd voice) "WEEEELLLLLLL ACTUALLY guys.... it's clearly aluminum - powdercoated to perfection." Yeah so my name is Kettle - how you doin' Pot?
Old 05-07-2014 | 02:48 PM
Racer

lol funny.

Anyways, Is there anyone else besides Jon and xdtownx interested in a finless splitter?
Old 05-07-2014 | 02:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Finless skirt extensions too. MMMM MMMMMMMM Yes please.
Old 05-07-2014 | 02:54 PM
Suzuka Master

But Im not down to PAY after handing my car and or a part of my car over for R&D... nor am I willing to pay for one period so there ya go. haha

I can hand my front bumper over for R&D for a free lip. Ill make the drive for that. But if I have to pay AND make the drive, eff that. I think my front end sits perfect right now lip wise.

Skirt extensions I may pay for but honestly I dont like how thin they are. Wish they were as thick as the STI lip is or maybe if it bend downward at 90degrees for an inch to give the look it was thicker.
Old 05-07-2014 | 03:09 PM
Racer

You wont have to hand over your bumper unless you want it installed there, just purchase at a discounted price. Shop grand opening will be in a few weeks and everyone is welcomed. Ill get the exact date within a week or so.
Old 05-07-2014 | 03:31 PM
Suzuka Master

Not exactly.

They contacted my directly via IG because they wanted a slightly modded ILX for the front splitter. They specifically told me they would need the front bumper only for 2-3 hours MAX and would compensate me with a discount if I wanted the part they were using my bumper for. I turned down the offer and they asked me to post about it to help find another owner that was interested.

I actually held off posting the info for people because I was upset they wanted people to PAY for a part they helped R&D. Ive never heard of companies doing this. But realized my own opinion didnt matter because a discount was a discount and one mans trash is another mans treasure.

Though if you ask me; top tier companies even give you a loaner car if they need it for more than 24hours. ALL companies should AT LEAST hand the car owner a free part for their time and further more the trust we must place in this company to hand them a piece of our car.
Old 05-08-2014 | 07:49 PM
Cruisin'

Any love for Ilx owners on Guam?! Need help getting a lip shipped out here!
Old 05-08-2014 | 08:01 PM
Suzuka Master

Order the STI lip off ebay. Weve got maybe 6 owners now rocking it.

Aside from that you can order from AeroFlow, they have the lip Aaron's rocking for sale. Kind of pricey but its cut from one piece of aluminum and professionally powder coated.

Aside from those two options and the OEM lip, there is nothing else.
Old 05-08-2014 | 08:05 PM
Cruisin'

Alright thanks for the info!

By the way nice ride.
Old 05-08-2014 | 08:11 PM
Suzuka Master

Thank you!
Ive got the OEM lip and the STI lip mounted under that.
OEM lip was $330 shipped
STI lip was $50 shipped

STI lip at only 50 to 100 is a GREAT buy considering your other options are all about three times that much.
Old 05-08-2014 | 08:16 PM
Cruisin'

I might just get the OEM stuff through the dealer.
Sucks being on an island ��
Old 05-09-2014 | 12:34 AM
Three Wheelin'

@Chanancie 671 - What model do you have and do you know if there are any Guam specific differences? Do you know if your car is (most likely) USDM specs?
Old 05-09-2014 | 12:42 AM
Three Wheelin'

Also do you know if there are any Guam tuning companies, or is most stuff just imported? I ask because maybe you could try to go get test fitted out there for some stuff. Free/discounted stuff for you, and parts for us to buy man. Especially window visors haha.
Old 05-09-2014 | 01:23 AM
Racer

Aeroflowdynamics will ship out to Guam, just need to send an email in.

@jon most companies will not offer a free part. Even buddyclub USA doesn't offer free parts nor a loaner car. I asked them about a few parts from the 9th gen and they told me that I could just bring my car over and have them test fitted. If it fit then I'd get a discounted price. Same with skunk2.
Old 05-09-2014 | 02:32 AM
Cruisin'

All cars on guam are USDM. I got the tech pkg. only thing they don't have on guam is the manual trans, I have no idea why. As far as companies, there are NONE lol everything is imported. I do however have a friend who owns a shop so that's all I got going, like the rest of the guys out here. The car scene here is very small but everyone is tight knit.
Old 05-09-2014 | 02:35 AM
Cruisin'

Waitin on the OEM window visors
Old 05-09-2014 | 10:05 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by SlaammedILX
Aeroflowdynamics will ship out to Guam, just need to send an email in.

@jon most companies will not offer a free part. Even buddyclub USA doesn't offer free parts nor a loaner car. I asked them

about a few parts from the 9th gen and they told me that I could just bring my car over and have them test fitted. If it fit then I'd get a discounted price. Same with skunk2.
Purchasing the ilx gave my first insight to people hounding companies for free parts. I have never seen this done. I am about companies posting on their website they want a car and are looking to test some parts.
I've seen this from aem, dc, k&n, injen, etc. They advertise for anyone to hit them up and they'll get a free part.
Aem I believe even offers a loaner car for R&D periods.

I guess I don't expect a free part if someone contacts the company when the company isn't even interested.
But when the company puts out a bulletine or asks me directly. .. I expect a free part.
Old 05-09-2014 | 11:25 AM
Cruisin'

I know it's not relevant to this thread butttttttttt I was looking at air suspension and was wondering if the civic and ilx share the same struts????

Thanks in advance!!!
Old 05-09-2014 | 12:48 PM
Suzuka Master

Yes. 2.4 to si and 2.0 to non si.

With suspension some si components fit both ways but not sure exactly which.
Old 05-09-2014 | 05:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

There are existing ilx air struts available already. I looked into from every major company. Pick your poison they all cost about the same. About $2500 for the struts and $2500 for air management from any of them. Plus or minus labor depending what you are able to work out with them or if you do yourself.
Old 05-09-2014 | 05:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

Yeah so far the only parts I got they were already looking for/ making them for the ILX. If not, I just wrote them an email asking if they had plans to develop anything for the SI and hey maybe it'll fit on my car too. Mostly no's all around. Or they write back with no interest at all in confirming fitment. The only one that was open at all was the visor guy I found. And with him I was actually willing to pay because there are no other options available. Dude if you are waiting for OEM visors, to be honest you probably will never get them. Even Acura is not showing this car the love... The moonroof visor from the civic fits this car. They care so little, they haven't even bothered to make the same one listed/available for this car. Honestly how hard could that really be?
Old 05-09-2014 | 05:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

The truth is the demand is not there (yet) and may never be. At least not in large enough numbers for any company to make some cash off of us. Its a business after all. Just support those who support us.
Old 05-10-2014 | 05:17 AM
Three Wheelin'

I know im beatiing a dead horse but the Buddy Club thing is basically the Cusco USA thing. They do all their real R&D in Japan, on the JDM models, then if need be, confirm fitment on USDM. So them giving a discount is still pretty decent because if it fits, its still basically good to go on the spot. No real R&D, just checking to see that it matches up the same. But at the same time, you could be SOL like me at Cusco and nothing fits right...
Old 05-22-2014 | 02:06 AM
Three Wheelin'

Hey so I saw some of these Aeroflow splitters in the wild, alot actually. On various cars. And I have mixed reviews. Some of the guys I talked to were not happy at all with their splitters. The thing is it's aluminum and metal bends from impact. I thought I took pics to show, but I guess I fucked up, cuz I can't find them on my phone. But a few guys with very low cars had splitters that were visibly dented and bent. Along with that, think about it... if the splitter is taking impact like that, its transferring energy into the bumper it's screwed into. That means over time, you will eff up your front bumper. Spider web the paint, crack it eventually. Or the splitter will just rip off of the mounting points, because the metal splitter has no flex to it. I would recommend the much cheaper ebay STI lip option over this any day. And if you want it to look nicer/OEM, just get it color/paint-matched by a body shop like I did with my rear roof spoiler. I get asked a lot by random people if mine is OEM, because paint is perfect match. Cost me 50 bucks to paint. So, you could get the ebay lip for $50, get it painted for $50, and have a great front lip that looks OEM-ish for $100 total. And if you get the real OEM lip, and add the STI color-matched option, even freakin' better. That would cost about the same as the Aeroflow. The ebay lip is made out of polyurethane - WHY? Because polyurethane is a flexible material that will not transfer impact energy into the bumper when it hits stuff. It will flex and take the hit, maybe rip off eventually too, but it won't take pieces of the damaged bumper with it.

Last edited by aomechmarine; 05-22-2014 at 02:09 AM. Reason: mispelled
Old 05-22-2014 | 02:23 AM
Three Wheelin'

Some other issues the guys were complaining about included fitment. This could be person to person preference tho. Some of these guys felt the splitter did not sit at the right spots with the fenders, or end at the right spot of the bumper. They also pointed out spots where the splitter sat higher or lower on the bumper. So it was crooked basically. Again, that could really just be that the splitter was bent/warped after taking some hits on the road. They also pointed out spiderwebbing in the powdercoat finish, again, from impact. A few of these guys were "sponsored" as well. They didn't like that they paid around $200 to get their splitter, yet they helped Aeroflow do R&D. As well as the fact that Aeroflow made sure to hook them up with a giant banner sticker across their front windshield to advertise their product. Understandable from Aeroflow's POV, I mean they're trying to advertise right? But I hate huge stickers on my car. And so did these guys. In the end, most of these dudes just kinda told me "Look, it was it was a bad buy, I wouldn't do it again, or recommend it, and when it gets jacked up I'll take it off and go carbon, but for now I'll live with it."

Quick Reply: Whos looking for a front lip?