Reverse Tilt Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2015 | 12:33 AM
Advanced

Reverse Tilt Mirrors

Does the Acura ILX mirrors tilt down in reverse?
Old 04-14-2015 | 12:46 AM
Suzuka Master

no
Old 04-14-2015 | 12:53 AM
Safety Car

It's a great feature for parallel parking

Love mine
Old 04-14-2015 | 01:24 AM
Advanced

Yea that's why I was asking it makes parking so much easier!
Old 04-16-2015 | 09:33 AM
Racer

Oh really. Hmmm, deal breaker? Maybe. No side mirror turn indicator, no tilt down, no ventilated seats. Hopefully they'll add these before I'm back in the market for a new car, otherwise, I guess the TLX is my only option.
Old 04-16-2015 | 10:07 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Civic2TSX
Oh really. Hmmm, deal breaker? Maybe. No side mirror turn indicator, no tilt down, no ventilated seats. Hopefully they'll add these before I'm back in the market for a new car, otherwise, I guess the TLX is my only option.

Yeah there are some features lacking for sure. I rented a new Buick Regal GS a few months ago and was really impressed with what it had. A little more money than the ILX but you get tons of shit - Bose System, Option for a 6spd Manual, Brembo Brakes, Dual Exhaust, heat steering wheel, side mirror turn indicator, AWD option, Heated outside mirrors, and I believe it has the reverse tilt passenger mirror but don't quote me on that.

Obviously there will be haters because it's "a Buick". I get it. But all I'm saying is I was impressed after driving it for 6 days. MUCH more powerful than the stock ILX as well. I think it's a 2.0L 259HP, 295 Lb-Ft. Those are big time numbers, now it weighs a lot more for sure but that extra power makes up for it just fine. Plus it's much quieter than the ILX from what I remember
The following users liked this post:
justnspace (04-16-2015)
Old 04-16-2015 | 10:11 AM
Racer

don't tell me that's an ugly car!
The following 2 users liked this post by OSUBeaver:
aomechmarine (04-16-2015), justnspace (04-16-2015)
Old 04-16-2015 | 10:50 AM
leo
Intermediate

I also liked it when I had the TSX. Specially when backing the car in the garage but now with the rear view camera in the ILX I do not think is necessary. I keep my cars in the garage and always back it up, with the camera it is much easier than with the tilt mirror
Old 04-16-2015 | 11:05 AM

Acura is sucking the Big one lately....
Old 04-16-2015 | 02:56 PM
Suzuka Master

That's an ugly car osu.
Old 04-16-2015 | 03:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by usdmJON
That's an ugly car osu.
Jon... Why must you live in a house built upon brick upon brick of LIES?! Car looks good haha.... DON'T DENY IT
Old 04-16-2015 | 04:31 PM
Racer

That's an ugly car osu.
HAHA of course Jon would say it's ugly - you find a way to argue EVERY point on this entire forum. That's fine, think it's ugly, at least its 2.0L engine rips out 295lb Ft of Torque while yours pushes out a dismal 140. Oh yes and it's AWD
justnspace (04-18-2015)
Old 04-18-2015 | 03:53 PM
2016 Acura TLX

That's an ugly car osu.
LOL, says the guy that drives a modified Civic. Why must you bag on every single car on the forum that's not an Acura. We get it, just move on. Not very cool imo.
justnspace (04-18-2015)
Old 04-18-2015 | 04:06 PM

Acura used to be the niche value brand.
not any more.

Jon is just mad he over paid for a dressed up civic
Old 04-18-2015 | 04:19 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by honda_nut
LOL, says the guy that drives a modified Civic. Why must you bag on every single car on the forum that's not an Acura. We get it, just move on. Not very cool imo.

You guys repeat that line religiously like you think it matters.
Funny how that dressed up Accord makes you feel so good about yourself. More pathetic than funny.

I don't bag on every car that isn't an Acura. Do you follow me around? Clearly not because if you did you'd see my post in the desktop section shows Ive got a damn Lexus on my screen right now.

But what? I'm not allowed to not like the Buick OSU posted? He posted it for a reason. To see if anyone didnt like how it looked. I don't. Let me first say those wheels dont compliment any car ever. For THAT car they happen to also be too big. Little too Super Street NFS:U status for me.

Aside from that, obviously those aren't Buick wheels.
If I designed the car the two front air vents would be closer in size. That chrome one is like twice the size of the color matched vent next to it. No eye for detail if you ask me.
Ugly lines on the side panels as well. No clue who would thing those swage lines flow correctly.
And lastly Id hit the front again. The lower air dam is a square while the top has a major shape to it. The bottom one falls stale and should be modeled after the dam right above it.

Just poor design ideas that wont get any praise by anyone with weight in the auto industry. Half way decent looking car sure. I may drive that over a Kia. But hell Id take your dressed up Accord 100 times before picking the Buick. That is, until I got into the dated interior of that Accord.
Old 04-18-2015 | 04:25 PM

we're alllowed our opinion too.

you're not the boss of me!
Old 04-18-2015 | 04:25 PM

my body my choice, jon

Old 04-18-2015 | 04:40 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by justnspace
Acura used to be the niche value brand.
not any more.

Jon is just mad he over paid for a dressed up civic
Personally I dont feel I overpaid at all.

Lets really look at it..
If I wanted the closest Civic to my ILX I would have to go with the EX-L with Navigation. That is only a $24,000 car. About $5,000 less than what I got my ILX Tech for.

However, with that $5g difference I get...
Larger navi screen
Full perforated leather seats
410watt 10 speaker system verse 160watt 6 speakers
100% better looking stock wheels
ILX is a bit quicker with easily better handling characteristics

And that is all comparing my '13 ILX with a brand new '15 Civic EX-L. There would be far more differences between a 2013 Civic and 2013 ILX. Just about all the features they have added in the last refresh will be missing in the 2013 model year.

All this without mentioned the look and brand. Some people don't care about brands. I don't put a whole lot of thought into it. But to a majority of the people we interact with daily, they view that Acura is to Honda as Lexus is to Toyota. In their limited car knowledge they see any Acura as better than a Honda. I can live with this and this aided in my selection whoever minimal.

Then if we move on to looks I feel there isnt even a comparison.

I over paid for my ILX just about as much as you over paid for your TL is comparison to an Accord's sale price which will have many similar features.

It's funny how some of you Acura owners will bag on lower cost Acuras to make yourself feel better. When people that drive other brands would laugh at your comparison because even you are still driving a damn Honda.
aomechmarine (04-19-2015)
Old 04-18-2015 | 04:42 PM
Suzuka Master

we're allowed our opinion too.
No one said you cant have an opinion. Im just saying Im tired of hearing the same regurgitated opinion coming from TL owners. What is worse it is spewed by you TL owners as an insult trying to make your own car look cooler.

People outside of the Acura brand laugh at you for thinking your Acura is better than another. Get over it. Stop comparing two cars that belong to the same family. In the grand scheme of the auto industry your TL is just about as awesome as an ILX.

Last edited by usdmJON; 04-18-2015 at 04:45 PM.
Old 04-18-2015 | 05:34 PM

dude, im not brand loyal.
its 2015.

other manufacutures offer the same or better than acura.
get your head out of your ass
Old 04-18-2015 | 05:35 PM

i lol'd that you think i am brand loyal.

when the fact is that YOU are brand loyal!
Old 04-18-2015 | 05:36 PM

i daily drive a Kia.
it offers more than your ILX.

honda_nut (04-18-2015)
Old 04-18-2015 | 05:51 PM

'12 Sportage

again, get your head outta your ass.
Old 04-18-2015 | 06:12 PM

p.s. I bought the TL used.

so, I did not pay the same as an equally equipped Accord brand new.

get your head out of your ass!
Old 04-18-2015 | 06:35 PM
Suzuka Master

1. I never said you were brand loyal.

2. I am not brand loyal. You'll see with my next car if I'm around here that long.

3. What you paid for your dressed up accord doesn't matter. Doesn't change the fact that it is a dressed up accord.
Old 04-18-2015 | 06:47 PM

1. I never said you were brand loyal.

2. I am not brand loyal. You'll see with my next car if I'm around here that long.

3. What you paid for your dressed up accord doesn't matter. Doesn't change the fact that it is a dressed up accord.
1) your overly assertive comments says otherwise
2) what else are you interested in? your overly assertive comments say otherwise
3) the TSX is based on the euro accord, however, I acknowledge your point and assure you that I know that my TL is made by Honda and dont make it a point or over assert that my car is any different. this point is further iterated by the fact that I own a '12 Kia Sportage.

Last edited by justnspace; 04-18-2015 at 06:53 PM.
Old 04-18-2015 | 06:51 PM

i'm interested and have passion for lots of other cars other than my TL.
you on the other hand, make it a point to call out other cars that are less than your ILX.
Old 04-18-2015 | 06:52 PM

it is interesting to note that others notice this about you also.

Example A:

Originally Posted by aomechmarine
Jon... Why must you live in a house built upon brick upon brick of LIES?! Car looks good haha.... DON'T DENY IT
Example B:
Originally Posted by OSUBeaver
HAHA of course Jon would say it's ugly - you find a way to argue EVERY point on this entire forum. That's fine, think it's ugly, at least its 2.0L engine rips out 295lb Ft of Torque while yours pushes out a dismal 140. Oh yes and it's AWD
Old 04-18-2015 | 07:04 PM

i'm really interested in the new Mazda CX-3
Acura doesnt hold a candle over the CX-3.
Old 04-18-2015 | 08:42 PM
2016 Acura TLX

I didn't say my TL was nice man. It was pretty high-end back in the day, but it's a POS today. LOL, you can have it if you want. It still has more features than yours.

Btw, I follow a bunch of threads on Azine (I rarely post though) and I've seen you call out almost every single one were it's not something you like. We get it that it's your opinion. Just don't take a shit every where and keep it to yourself. It gets annoying.

Last edited by honda_nut; 04-18-2015 at 08:47 PM.
Old 04-18-2015 | 08:59 PM
Suzuka Master

1) your overly assertive comments says otherwise
2) what else are you interested in? your overly assertive comments say otherwise
3) the TSX is based on the euro accord, however, I acknowledge your point and assure you that I know that my TL is made by Honda and dont make it a point or over assert that my car is any different. this point is further iterated by the fact that I own a '12 Kia Sportage.
1. Where did I state or insinuate that you were brand loyal?

2. My dream car since high school has been the ucf20... or the '98-'00 Lexus LS400. It is like the pinnacle of the USDM VIP scene. Aside from that I love the current Q40 but it is just out of my price range as I reached as it is for the ILX tech. Aside from those two my love is VIP cars over Acura. I went with the ILX because it was an entry level luxury I could afford. I did not want an older car like the ucf even though I may have been able to find a clean one in working order. It would simply not be as reliable as my tested and true r series matched with the very simple 5 speed trans. This thing will last forever. That's why I bought it. But as said my love is VIP and acura has very little to do within the VIP scene. I love Toyotas, Infinites, Nissans, etc etc. I just happen to have bought what I felt was the closest thing to my integra.

3. Your TL is based on the 7th gen Accord my friend.

i'm interested and have passion for lots of other cars other than my TL.
you on the other hand, make it a point to call out other cars that are less than your ILX.
Owning more than just your TL changes nothing in this conversation. I've owned a Nissan in my time. Big deal.

I only said the Buick was ugly because OSU challenged someone to.

it is interesting to note that others notice this about you also. :
Other people's opinions don't change this conversation either. AO thinks I am lying about te Buick being ugly. Sure there are cars I find more ugly. But I dont find that car attractive nor do the wheels on it flatter it's lines.
As for OSU's opinion, sure I argue more than anyone else in the ILX section. I also post more than anyone else in the ILX section. Fire more shots you're going to hit more targets. I post the most so it is obvious youd think I disagree the most.

i'm really interested in the new Mazda CX-3
Acura doesnt hold a candle over the CX-3.
The CX3 is a good looking SUV. Id take that over and MDX or the Buick any day.
Personally Ive always had a soft spot for the X5 and their affinity with rally racing.
aomechmarine (04-19-2015)
Old 04-18-2015 | 09:01 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by honda_nut
I didn't say my TL was nice man. It was pretty high-end back in the day, but it's a POS today. LOL, you can have it if you want. It still has more features than yours.

Btw, I follow a bunch of threads on Azine (I rarely post though) and I've seen you call out almost every single one were it's not something you like. We get it that it's your opinion. Just don't take a shit every where and keep it to yourself. It gets annoying.
These are some damn internet forums my friend! Posting and talking is what this is about. If more people post when they disagreed with something we would see this site blow up with traffic. I wish people would post when they disagree more because then we would get some real conversation going with some real content.

Everyone is so soft. Agree or stay silent. Screw that. Have a good day.

I am disagree and call people out but I also help a lot of people out when they PM me looking for information or help on something they have seen my do or talk about.
Old 04-18-2015 | 09:09 PM
Suzuka Master

You asked someone to argue the point.

The power it has has nothing to do with finding it ugly. It in no way strengthens you opinion on the looks of the car.

I will say, the 2015 Regal looks 10x better than the one you posted on the Vossens. While the 2015 Regal is a good looking car. It has 0 tuner support. Therefor 100% not an option for me right now.
Old 04-19-2015 | 03:21 AM
Three Wheelin'

Jon got what I was saying, I just figured he was joking about it being ugly, so i was joking with him. I'd drive it. Like that only tho. I wouldn't even look at it or notice it in stock form.

It's like Ragde's ILX on 20's. I think it does look good, but that may not be others taste. Plus someone got butthurt I told him that I believe he got ripped on coilovers if he only was getting a 1 inch drop. I was only being honest, but no one wants to hear their baby is ugly. Say your honest opinion on a public forum and you're a dickhead... SMH

Maybe I was being an ass about it it too, but I also let him know most people getting an ILX probably care about MPG and keeping the car "sporty", so they're gonna like wheels that are more into that function/look. And probably not gonna be into big wide 20 inch wheels.

Actually, to prove that point, in other threads in the ILX forum, people are comparing TSX's and TLX's to ILX, and IMMEDIATELY mention MPG numbers head to head. IS that everyone? No. But if you're buying a relatively economical car, its probably a deciding factor. Even Accord is gonna start getting thrown around, because it also shares a K24 in some configurations.

Last edited by aomechmarine; 04-19-2015 at 03:27 AM.
Old 04-20-2015 | 11:46 AM
Racer

Jon, come on though man - you know you shoot the highest percentage when it comes to arguing your points here on this forum. Everyone knows it and it's all good but don't deny. I think the Buick thing is a good example because let's be real, just because you don't think the car is good looking, doesn't mean it's ugly. It's like saying that every chick that's not a 9 or 10 is a 1 or a 2. I know you'll respond saying you truly think it's ugly but out of the 20+ people I've shown that car to not 1 said it was flat out ugly. If you put 500 cars under $50K in a line up and ranked them worst to best you can't tell me that regal is below the 50% mark. And again, if you do you are just doing it to argue your point and be "that guy"

Also to say it has ZERO tuning support is flat out not true. just google "buick regal tuning". I think the Trifecta product puts out like 38 Ft lb and 58whp right out of the box.

And when you say arguing every point is good for a forum, are you serious? The thing you are forgetting is no one wants to hear your opinion every damn time. I know the acurazine forum is HUGE part of your life (it's obvious) but damn man no one can have a conversation with someone else on here w/o you posting how someone is wrong and you are right.
Old 04-20-2015 | 12:36 PM
Suzuka Master

Jon, come on though man - you know you shoot the highest percentage when it comes to arguing your points here on this forum. Everyone knows it and it's all good but don't deny.
I'm sorry did you even read my post?

As for OSU's opinion, sure I argue more than anyone else in the ILX section. I also post more than anyone else in the ILX section. Fire more shots you're going to hit more targets. I post the most so it is obvious youd think I disagree the most.
Try again.

I think the Buick thing is a good example because let's be real, just because you don't think the car is good looking, doesn't mean it's ugly. It's like saying that every chick that's not a 9 or 10 is a 1 or a 2. I
It's all a matter of opinion. You should learn to get over the opinions of others that you can't control. So I find the damn car ugly. Get over it. It's too round for my liking. Swage lines looks like they were drawn by an infant. Those wheels dont compliment the car at all and the front bumper design looks like the same infant designed it.

The brand new regal looks 10x better. And I never said the car you posted was THE UGLIEST CAR EVAA!! You asked if anyone found it ugly and I agreed. Even if I think it is a 5 our of 10 that's still a fail.

I know you'll respond saying you truly think it's ugly but out of the 20+ people I've shown that car to not 1 said it was flat out ugly.
Oh come on. Just because an opinion doesnt correlate with your own or conform to the opinion you assume others will have I am automatically lying to you? Please. Get over yourself. Im not lying just to argue. Id I liked the damn Regal I could find 100 other topics to argue with you about OSU. The damn car you posted is ugly and sittin on dubs. Next subject.

If you put 500 cars under $50K in a line up and ranked them worst to best you can't tell me that regal is below the 50% mark. And again, if you do you are just doing it to argue your point and be "that guy"
Well there are a lot of ugly cars out there. I don't disagree with this statement at all however. Put 500 cars together and chances are the Regal wont even break the bottom 40%... but 50% IS still a failing score my friend.

And again, if you do you are just doing it to argue your point and be "that guy"
No. See. No. Just because I dont agree with you doesnt make me "that guy". Get the hell over yourself. We dont have to agree with your opinion. Clearly some of you have issues with people disagreeing with you. Something you'll truly have to overcome in life.

Also to say it has ZERO tuning support is flat out not true. just google "buick regal tuning". I think the Trifecta product puts out like 38 Ft lb and 58whp right out of the box.
I apologize. This was an assumption I made. Though I see people are modding their regal. That isnt exactly what I meant by tuning support. But yes my wording has led me here where I am wrong on this subject.
My point there was the Buick tuning scene will NEVER be like it is with Honda/Acura. Go check out the awesome buick forums and you'll see the level of "support" I'm talking about. Keep in mind people will mod ANYTHING. Doesnt mean it has a good variety of parts and companies to support it.

And when you say arguing every point is good for a forum, are you serious? The thing you are forgetting is no one wants to hear your opinion every damn time. I know the acurazine forum is HUGE part of your life (it's obvious) but damn man no one can have a conversation with someone else on here w/o you posting how someone is wrong and you are right.
Well I'd hate to slightly prove that point but you frankly are wrong. You don't follow everything I say here. Look at my post history and you find find many posts where I am just talking, aproving, praising, and complimenting other people's rides and ideas. I have complimented your ride and mods more than once so dont sit there and claim all I do is disagree and tell people they are wrong. Check my PMs and see how often people ask me for advice and check the long winded response I give them verse other members who literally IGNORE YOU because they dont want to tell you their wheel specs.

As I said. I have more posts here than about any ILX owner. Chances are I will have more negative posts than you as I have 14x as many posts as you. It makes sense that some of those are negative. But really... I compliment your ride and tell you the Buick is ugly. That should not offends you.
Old 04-21-2015 | 11:58 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Civic2TSX
+1