Possible Jackson Racing supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 04:08 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 127 Likes on 92 Posts
Lol idk how derogatory stuff went my way.. Lol mad respect, I install and rip apart my car but for I paid for one part to be installed.. Lol comical insult at best

Otherwise I agreed with your agreeable points.. I just don't find the logic when you're comparing A to A there is no difference.

To support this point Downpipe part #A is in the Civic Si downpipe part #A is in the ILX; RV6 did not test fit on the ILX.. But they sell it for the ILX. And I am out.. Respectfully yours, always trying to help.

Last edited by Trentimus; 05-20-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:08 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
It is just a different platform.

Example... could be wrong. But it could be the same engine with different materiel. If the ILX wasnt made to take the compression the SI was then the ILX block would be very different when it comes to material used. One is race inspired, one is luxurious. Could be very different or could be the same. But in the end, a COMPANY isnt willing to deal with the liability involved. They just aren't.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:15 PM
Racer

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
I guess I understand what you are saying...

My thoughts are hell, back in of the cars... the civic or the ILX, I will buy parts for either one haha.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by usdmJON
It is just a different platform.

Example... could be wrong. But it could be the same engine with different materiel. If the ILX wasnt made to take the compression the SI was then the ILX block would be very different when it comes to material used. One is race inspired, one is luxurious. Could be very different or could be the same. But in the end, a COMPANY isnt willing to deal with the liability involved. They just aren't.
Like I said, I absolutely agree to the extent of liability but no the K24Z7 in the Si is the exact K24Z7 in the ILX. Every single piece of the motor is the same. As far as them saying "yes it's built for the ILX" I understand where you're going with the company being liable.. But, at that same rate I am telling you.. They're PRECISELY the same motor, internals, and transmission
Old 05-20-2013, 07:53 PM

Received 16,261 Likes on 11,972 Posts
its not a different platform.
its the same platform.
a K24Z7 is the same as a K24Z7.

isnt the chassis the same? isnt the ILX based off the civic chassis?
if so, there goes your clearance issues. if it fits on one, it will fit the other.
The following users liked this post:
Trentimus (05-20-2013)
Old 05-20-2013, 08:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by justnspace
its not a different platform.
its the same platform.
a K24Z7 is the same as a K24Z7.

isnt the chassis the same? isnt the ILX based off the civic chassis?
if so, there goes your clearance issues. if it fits on one, it will fit the other.
This is with exception of interior/exterior aesthics of course.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:33 AM
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Trentimus
Like I said, I absolutely agree to the extent of liability but no the K24Z7 in the Si is the exact K24Z7 in the ILX. Every single piece of the motor is the same. As far as them saying "yes it's built for the ILX" I understand where you're going with the company being liable.. But, at that same rate I am telling you.. They're PRECISELY the same motor, internals, and transmission
The transmissions are different, I believe the Si comes with an LSD.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:37 AM

^which you could take the LSD out and put it into the ILX.
because its the same.
Trentimus (05-21-2013)
Old 05-21-2013, 10:44 AM
Three Wheelin'

^which you could take the LSD out and put it into the ILX.
because its the same.
Lol yeah.. What Justn said.. The transmission is the same.. The differential is different but not different in the way it would hook up to the ILX transmission without fabrication.

Come on guys.. The ILX isn't the Civic but realistically at a mechanical level it IS the Civic. There is no further argument required.
spdandpwr (05-21-2013)
Old 05-21-2013, 10:51 AM

this is more for USDMJon;
the wrx and sti have the same motor ( i think they share the same platform)
why do they share parts? If I remember correctly; you can put an sti turbo onto the wrx.

what the fuck is the difference between the ILX and civic?
Trentimus (05-21-2013)
Old 05-21-2013, 11:18 AM
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
what the fuck is the difference between the ILX and civic?
Our dash isn't ugly as fuck and we don't have vtec stickers everywhere

And of course, all K-series trans are interchangeable just like the Bseries manual transmissions.
justnspace (05-21-2013)
Old 05-21-2013, 12:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by SlaammedILX
Our dash isn't ugly as fuck and we don't have vtec stickers everywhere

And of course, all K-series trans are interchangeable just like the Bseries manual transmissions.
It's not interchangeable.. It's the SAME one.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:17 PM
Drifting

Received 285 Likes on 245 Posts
nevermind, I'm wrong, lol

Last edited by spdandpwr; 05-21-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:58 PM
Suzuka Master

Damn you guys come on.
Yes it can be interchangeable. Yes you can swap parts from car to car. For gods sake you can throw a 2jz into a s2k. I understand what can be done.

But from a BUSINESS STAND POINT a company wont simply tell you to swap parts between platforms. Platform is a general term. Im referring to the make and model car. Yes the parts may FIT but a company wont give you the okay because when the sway bar dents your downpipe you cant go crying to them saying they said it would fit. Its liability.
^True story ask your fellow ilx owner
Old 05-21-2013, 02:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

It's nothing like a 2jz in a S2k.. It's like swapping a 2JZ into a car that is already outfitted with a 2JZ
Old 05-21-2013, 02:17 PM
Drifting

Received 285 Likes on 245 Posts
Yes the parts may FIT but a company wont give you the okay because when the sway bar dents your downpipe you cant go crying to them saying they said it would fit. Its liability.
I've been agreeing with this point all along. The 3g tl intake that people are using, for example, is borrowed from the accord, but AEM never released an official intake for the 3g tl.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:21 PM

I can agree with USDMJon's latest post.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:32 PM
Three Wheelin'

But from a BUSINESS STAND POINT a company wont simply tell you to swap parts between platforms. Platform is a general term. Im referring to the make and model car. Yes the parts may FIT but a company wont give you the okay because when the sway bar dents your downpipe you cant go crying to them saying they said it would fit. Its liability.
His dented the exhaust because it was improperly installed.. even if it were on a Civic they would of called it an invalid claim because it was installed improperly.. but other than that I agree with the rest of your post.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:35 PM
Suzuka Master

It's nothing like a 2jz in a S2k.. It's like swapping a 2JZ into a car that is already outfitted with a 2JZ
There is no pleasing you huh?
Its like throwing borbets on a honda.
Or sw388s on a suby.
Or a b18 in a del sol
Or b20 in a civic
A J SERIES in an integra.

For crying out loud the fact remains. A company wont g8ve the go ahead to put a civic part on a ilx. Call eibach and ask "Can I put your 2012 Civic Si sway bar on my 2013 Acura ilx?" And see what they say.
You can argue with him that it will fit, but he wont care. They wont say it works without research and development.
At which point theyd re-release it for the ilx... they even may keep the same item number. Doesnt change the process the company must take to release a part to the ignorant ignorant public.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:38 PM
Suzuka Master

But, at that same rate I am telling you.. They're PRECISELY the same motor, internals, and transmission
I have understood this all along. I was the one initially saying a civic 1.8l intake would fit the 2.0 ilx. Ive been around engine swapped hondas since the 90s. I know how hondas work. Theyre like legos.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

I have understood this all along. I was the one initially saying a civic 1.8l intake would fit the 2.0 ilx. Ive been around engine swapped hondas since the 90s. I know how hondas work. Theyre like legos.
There is no pleasing you huh?
Its like throwing borbets on a honda.
Or sw388s on a suby.
Or a b18 in a del sol
Or b20 in a civic
A J SERIES in an integra.

For crying out loud the fact remains. A company wont g8ve the go ahead to put a civic part on a ilx. Call eibach and ask "Can I put your 2012 Civic Si sway bar on my 2013 Acura ilx?" And see what they say.
You can argue with him that it will fit, but he wont care. They wont say it works without research and development.
At which point theyd re-release it for the ilx... they even may keep the same item number. Doesnt change the process the company must take to release a part to the ignorant ignorant public.

I said I agree with those points. I was just trying to be clear thst the k24z7, the transmission and all of its components are of the same material origin and build as those seen in the Civic Si. There is no interchangeable or similar to it, they're in fact the same. I just don't want anyone to be confused on that part.. From cylinders to valves they're the exact same parts. Not to be confused with "well this isn't the same but you can use it in this", if that were directed at the R18 and R20, yeah those have different components and would be like you're saying.

Again, I agree with you about the companies liability in saying "it works for the ILX" without testing it via proper R&D procedures. Again, I want it to be clear.. Mechanically the k24Z7 and all of its components ARE THE SAME seen in the Si and ILX absolutely no "similarities" they're the same. That's all I am trying to be sure is understood.. Because your argument to that confused me in the parts were you seemed to mean the motor is different. Sorry if that part is a misunderstanding. But it's like swapping K24Z7 into an already K24Z7 ILX or a K24Z7 Si..

But, yes we all agree about the LIABILITY TO A COMPANY part.

Last edited by Trentimus; 05-21-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:06 PM
Suzuka Master

I dont understand why youre still posting on the matter. I never implied they werent the same motor. From the beginning I was speaking liability. I made that very clear. Your posts trying to explain what we already know just further muddied the water... as well as your fast&furious crack.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

I dont understand why youre still posting on the matter. I never implied they werent the same motor. From the beginning I was speaking liability. I made that very clear. Your posts trying to explain what we already know just further muddied the water... as well as your fast&furious crack.
You're right.. you didn't imply that by sayign X Toyota motor can fit in X Honda Car .. You're right.. you're the only one really hostile so I don't know why I am trying to clear up illogical comparisons you made.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:54 PM
Suzuka Master

I made the 2jz comment 2 posts ago. You were arguing semantics way before that.
Whos hostile? Youre the one posting fast and furious photos that are irrelevant to the discussion. What was your reasoning posting that?
Old 05-21-2013, 06:21 PM
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
I agree with USDM Jons posts for the most part. I think the break down came when people started saying what will work or what will fit and then the whole convo went haywire. me personally I dont car who the part was made for SI / ILX I will use whatever I want and I wont go crying back to the company if fitment is a little of or anything like that.

But the companies will usually never advise you to run SI part on ILX even if they know it will fit because they assume liability if they advise you to use XYZ part on a car it was not specifically designed for. Shops may advise you to run SI parts on your ILX because they know a part will work on the car due to experience or whatever.

To the point of this thread... I think its better for the ILX consumers if more and more companies start building parts for the car, but again I will have to agree with usdmJON in I dont think the sales are merriting it at least at the moment. I mean the lack of accessories from Acura are showing that and the fact that other major players are slow or not even trying to release parts for the ILX.

My thoughts are they will not get into the game until: A. the sales explode and more ILX's hit the streets and there is more opportunity to make money or B. the sales dwindle until the used car market takes over and the civic crowd starts driving the ILX and wanting to tune it.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:26 PM
Three Wheelin'

I made the 2jz comment 2 posts ago. You were arguing semantics way before that.
Whos hostile? Youre the one posting fast and furious photos that are irrelevant to the discussion. What was your reasoning posting that?
Lol, cool way to use semantics
Old 05-21-2013, 06:30 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by neveronlineilx
I agree with USDM Jons posts for the most part. I think the break down came when people started saying what will work or what will fit and then the whole convo went haywire. me personally I dont car who the part was made for SI / ILX I will use whatever I want and I wont go crying back to the company if fitment is a little of or anything like that.

But the companies will usually never advise you to run SI part on ILX even if they know it will fit because they assume liability if they advise you to use XYZ part on a car it was not specifically designed for. Shops may advise you to run SI parts on your ILX because they know a part will work on the car due to experience or whatever.

To the point of this thread... I think its better for the ILX consumers if more and more companies start building parts for the car, but again I will have to agree with usdmJON in I dont think the sales are merriting it at least at the moment. I mean the lack of accessories from Acura are showing that and the fact that other major players are slow or not even trying to release parts for the ILX.

My thoughts are they will not get into the game until: A. the sales explode and more ILX's hit the streets and there is more opportunity to make money or B. the sales dwindle until the used car market takes over and the civic crowd starts driving the ILX and wanting to tune it.
EVERYONE said they agreed with THOSE valid points..
Old 05-21-2013, 06:48 PM
Suzuka Master

"Semantics is the study of meaning. It focuses on the relation between signifiers, like words, phrases, signs, and symbols, and what they stand for, their denotation."

I made claim that jackson might not release a supercharger because to release an ilx specific kit they need to research the fitment and much more.

You took that as me saying it wont fit and argued that they were the same platform engines.

I never disagreed with the interchangeability of the parts but said further that jackson cant just release the part and claim it fits. I never said it didnt but you somehow misconstrued my meaning and continued to argue that the supercharger would fit.

I wasnt arguing if it would fit but whether jackson cared to prove it does... semantics. Are argument was based on a loss of understanding the meaning on our rebuttals.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

"Semantics is the study of meaning. It focuses on the relation between signifiers, like words, phrases, signs, and symbols, and what they stand for, their denotation."

I made claim that jackson might not release a supercharger because to release an ilx specific kit they need to research the fitment and much more.

You took that as me saying it wont fit and argued that they were the same platform engines.

I never disagreed with the interchangeability of the parts but said further that jackson cant just release the part and claim it fits. I never said it didnt but you somehow misconstrued my meaning and continued to argue that the supercharger would fit.

I wasnt arguing if it would fit but whether jackson cared to prove it does... semantics. Are argument was based on a loss of understanding the meaning on our rebuttals.
I agreed with you, I just kept stating that it shouldn't be difficult for them to. THEN other statements were made that I just wanted to be clear for others commenting as well it is the same motor, not for the sake of fitting but just so everyone knows its the same. No bubbles no troubles on my part.. I just didn't see the comparison of a 2JZ in a S2K. And, some of those comments weren't made at you, they were in reply to others also.

Anyways it doesn't matter, CT-E all day everyday. Sorry to argue