The ILX Lounge

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 06:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
I really like the ILX with stock wheels and OEM spoiler....this one really looks nice:

Name:  IMG_1851_zpsd3a47350.jpg
Views: 676
Size:  79.6 KB
Old 08-02-2014, 08:24 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
Gloss black oem wheels look waaaay better than flat black plastidip or pd with glossifier.

As for putting any paint over plastidip. You can still take it all off but the gloss you put over the pd will harden up unlike the pd. It'll be harder to take off and it won't stretch or tear anymore but flake in really small chunks.

I don't suggest applying paint over pd.
Old 08-02-2014, 08:26 PM
Suzuka Master

And you just talked about out of a black roof by saying it's hard to keep clean. I work at a gun range in a canyon where dust is constantly put in the air both by wind and gun fire hitting the dirt. I leave everyday with a layer of dust.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:21 PM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by lmend17
Flightwriter it cost me $180.00 to the the roof and an extra $30.00 for the antenna. I had it taken to a shop and I believed they removed it. Its a little hard to keep clean though let me tell u lol, but its well worth it.

Thanks for the info! Why is it hard to keep clean - is it just the color (black is notorious for this) or is the material particularly susceptible to attracting dirt?
Old 08-07-2014, 03:45 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
yeah so I left the plasti dip just as is. it came out pretty good to. all I gotta do next is powdercoat rims and of course tint the back tail lights.

and as for the roof wrap getting dirty, I guess cause of the vinyl wrap it attracts dust pretty easy, kinda like a sticky feel but not so much. after a few days you'll see but like I said it makes the car look way better. lol

Old 08-09-2014, 02:29 PM
Advanced

Did the tail lights with plasti dip. Came out pretty good. Brake lights are somewhat visible. Shouldn't have any problems with the cops lol. Gonna try to make time to powder coat rims and get rid of the silver trim around the windows.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:37 PM
Advanced

I didn't realize till now about the bottom red markers on the bumper. Great, gonna knock that out right now lol.
Old 08-09-2014, 04:26 PM
Suzuka Master

Damn you went dark. Not sure about the cops in your state, or even what state you live in, but out here ANY tint covering lighting is illegal. They may not give you a ticket, but food for thought, if a driver rear ends you they can claim they couldnt see your brake lights. Here in Cali, 100% your fault if you are rear ended and they can make that claim.

Just make sure you dont get in trouble. Looks good though.
Old 08-10-2014, 06:06 PM
Everyday I'm rofling

Received 1,788 Likes on 1,103 Posts
Did the tail lights with plasti dip. Came out pretty good. Brake lights are somewhat visible. Shouldn't have any problems with the cops lol. Gonna try to make time to powder coat rims and get rid of the silver trim around the windows.
Doesn't seem like you have thought things through if they are "somewhat" visible. Plastidip on lights sounds pretty stupid.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:27 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by opboarding
Doesn't seem like you have thought things through if they are "somewhat" visible. Plastidip on lights sounds pretty stupid.
Well all tinted lights are somewhat visible. I used plastidip cause there's a chance of me being stopped by the cops and I will have to take it off. Doesn't look bad. We all have our own thoughts.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:07 PM
Suzuka Master

Just wanted to show you guys how an ILX on the East Coast holds it down.

I posted up his white ILX before on bags with the 17in wheels.
On the first page near the bottom.

He's got some new wheels and holy geeze is it flossin. Rear camber may be a bit much for me but Id rather rock than then my current oh so functional height/stance.

Dailing in the air ride.

^Honda day. Makes me sad knowing Ill probably never see this thing.

What little I do know it he is on airforce suspension with Rennan custom forged 3piece wheels. No idea on specs or other mods. Ask him on IG. Loso_ILX13
Old 08-12-2014, 01:21 AM
Advanced

Those are some nice rides, makes me Not wanna powder coat my stocks black. Lol
Wonder how the back looks, exhaust wise. Bums me that I don't really know what to do in
That area cause well I think a exhaust showing In the back gives it a more sportier look.
Old 08-12-2014, 04:33 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts
Yes awesome choice on wheels for this guy. I like it a lot so much better then the other wheels he had. Only thing, the angles of the pics makes the wheels look smaller then I think they probably are in person. I wanna see a full on side view. Probably will see more of the car later on. In the fist pic he looks like he's at a different height, 2nd and 3rd pics he looks "aired out". Meaning he probably does not drive at that height. If he drives at the 1st pic height, it looks pretty good at that height (to me). I think the "aired out camber is a little much, but he's definitely got the hellaflush look I'm assuming that he was going for.
Old 08-12-2014, 04:52 AM
Three Wheelin'

Side note - I lost my center cap chrome Acura emblem on one of my wheels... And I knew it was kinda loose, but then I been so busy I kinda forgot until today.... when it wasn't there anymore... PHUUUUUUUCCCKCKCKKKKKK...... Anyone know how much a center cap is, or where to just get the emblem? then I'm still gonna have to chrome it to match.... This Loso guy has me trying to step my game up here soon man... I'm about to get $10k from a savings bond I started a few years ago. I'm getting PRK laser eye surgery (FUCK YOU GLASSES AND CONTACTS - FOREVER!), wheel spacers, rest of the OEM body kit, puddle lights, and then getting low. Static tho, bags is just too rich for my blood. And Wheels, I'd love too, but I guess I'm too picky and stingy for now, replace the center cap and get em flush, I'll be good for a while. I'm gonna remove the chrome door liner, gonna get the car detailed, and have the guy remove the chrome door lining residue, and add in the Civic or RLX OEM color matched ones. I want the protection still, hopefully OEM adheres better then this crap from Autozone.... I always have to make sure its not coming off every week or so....
Old 08-12-2014, 01:32 PM
Suzuka Master

Those are some nice rides, makes me Not wanna powder coat my stocks black. Lol
Wonder how the back looks, exhaust wise. Bums me that I don't really know what to do in
That area cause well I think a exhaust showing In the back gives it a more sportier look.
I believe the rear end is stock. Youd have to look on IG for more shots. I personally dont have an issue with the hidden exhaust. I'll upgrade it with a larger diameter piping and a turn down so it remains hidden. Looks classy IMO. It does look sportier with the exhaust showing though.

Originally Posted by aomechmarine
Yes awesome choice on wheels for this guy. I like it a lot so much better then the other wheels he had. Only thing, the angles of the pics makes the wheels look smaller then I think they probably are in person. I wanna see a full on side view. Probably will see more of the car later on. In the fist pic he looks like he's at a different height, 2nd and 3rd pics he looks "aired out". Meaning he probably does not drive at that height. If he drives at the 1st pic height, it looks pretty good at that height (to me). I think the "aired out camber is a little much, but he's definitely got the hellaflush look I'm assuming that he was going for.
I believe they are only 18s which would mean the faces are 17s which would explain why they look small. Even I think my 18s look small. But my faces are 18 so when I step them like his wheels theyll be 19.

And in the first pic he is at a different height. I believe I said he was dialing his suspension in. I think he still needed to add camber and get a fender roll at that point.
Shots from Honda day are after suspension work was finished.

But Im sure he does have a driving height but probably heigher than anything I posted.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:48 AM
Three Wheelin'

fuckin sweet - some random Acuraziner is selling a set of 4 chromed center caps. Hopefully I can but them off this guy. Extra caps would be nice in case I lose another emblem. Stuff happens man. Acurazine for the win!
Old 08-28-2014, 03:42 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have problems importing an image to use as a wallpaper?

I was able to do one, tried to do another one the next day and it wasn't working.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:30 PM
Advanced

Just a little update. Can u tell what was done.
Also ended up taking the plasti dip off the tail lights for safety cautions. Someone was riding my ass and I figured if I hit the brakes and he hits me im screwed. Kinda thought about it when usdmJON brought up that subject and made a good point.

Old 09-14-2014, 07:03 PM
Suzuka Master

YESSS!! ILX section finally got some subforums. Awesome.
Too bad users still wont post in the proper sections. Now if only a mod that is active could start patrolling this section and possible even move threads to where they belong.
Old 09-18-2014, 02:28 PM
7th Gear

ILX is such a nice car. Acura did a great job with this one on looks/appearance. Although the TLX is pretty sick too, the headlights at least. I may be biased but ILX > Other Acuras (minus the NSX of course...)

Old 09-18-2014, 08:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 465 Likes on 198 Posts
Jon, you should be a mod! lol you could wear a lil hat with a police light that goes "Weee-wooo-weee-woooo" hahaha.

But yeah, I'd like to see those Photo gallery fill up with everyone ILX's, especially the '16's.
Old 09-30-2014, 01:44 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Timmy18
Jon, you should be a mod! lol you could wear a lil hat with a police light that goes "Weee-wooo-weee-woooo" hahaha.

But yeah, I'd like to see those Photo gallery fill up with everyone ILX's, especially the '16's.

I can be judge jury and executioner!

Old 09-30-2014, 05:14 PM
Cruisin'

Think I have finally decided on a set of wheels ...

Varrstoen ES3's, 18x8.5, +35. Tire size suggestions?

Probably will be lowered on H&R springs. Really wanted to go the coilover route, but I'll do that on my next car ...

How do you guys think that'll look in terms of fitment?
Old 10-03-2014, 01:01 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Nawzlew
Think I have finally decided on a set of wheels ...

Varrstoen ES3's, 18x8.5, +35. Tire size suggestions?

Probably will be lowered on H&R springs. Really wanted to go the coilover route, but I'll do that on my next car ...

How do you guys think that'll look in terms of fitment?
Fitment will look fine.
Tire suggestions are 215/45 or 225/40.

You can go 215/40 but Id prefer more meat on my bones. You can do 225/45 as well but the opposite remains, that's a bit too much cushion for the pushin.

I'm on 18x8 +38 (so your wheels are half an inch wider and +3 higher offset which means your set up will poke a tad bit further than mine.
I am on 225/40 Falken Ziex tires FYI.

Last edited by usdmJON; 10-03-2014 at 01:03 PM.