DIY Plug & Play Light Conversion 2015 ILX help

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2014 | 10:27 AM
1st Gear

Talking DIY Plug & Play Light Conversion 2015 ILX help

hello I am new to this forum since i am a proud new owner of a 2015 ILX.

I know there is already a topic for this type of modification but it was filled with many different setups and different options i was having trouble figuring out which one would be best for myself.

Im new to doing any type of aftermarket changes on a car so i am LOOKING FOR THE EASIEST SETUP POSSIBLE. I don't mind spending the extra buck for something that will last or look quality.

I am currently looking for DRL at 6000k to achieve a slight blueish tint.

I have the stock OEM fog lights, i'm considering using a 5000k replacement bulb for a clear white look.

Also, are the reverse lights and license plate LED's worth the upgrade?

Notes:
-i dont use my brights much so im not worried about that
-i have no idea what resistors are so i would like to avoid that lol
-i would also like to avoid taking my bumper off
-i have no idea about brands or anything of that nature but i do like purchasing the best of the best. my cars a lease so i would like these upgrades to last about 3 years.

Please leave your recommendations with direct links. Thanks in advance for all your help!
Old 12-02-2014 | 01:22 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by supremejets
hello I am new to this forum since i am a proud new owner of a 2015 ILX.

I know there is already a topic for this type of modification but it was filled with many different setups and different options i was having trouble figuring out which one would be best for myself.

Im new to doing any type of aftermarket changes on a car so i am LOOKING FOR THE EASIEST SETUP POSSIBLE. I don't mind spending the extra buck for something that will last or look quality.

I am currently looking for DRL at 6000k to achieve a slight blueish tint.

I have the stock OEM fog lights, i'm considering using a 5000k replacement bulb for a clear white look.

Also, are the reverse lights and license plate LED's worth the upgrade?

Notes:
-i dont use my brights much so im not worried about that
-i have no idea what resistors are so i would like to avoid that lol
-i would also like to avoid taking my bumper off
-i have no idea about brands or anything of that nature but i do like purchasing the best of the best. my cars a lease so i would like these upgrades to last about 3 years.

Please leave your recommendations with direct links. Thanks in advance for all your help!
Hello friend! I'll give you some help while I have a moment.

First, here is a thread you may find very useful.
https://acurazine.com/forums/acura-i...ements-887249/

To quote Trent from that thread...
Originally Posted by Trentimus
1 ~ Universal Dome LED (adjustable) for rear interior dome light.
2 ~ 921 socket high power LED for reverse lights
4 ~ 194 front facing LEDs for license plate and front footwell lights
2 ~ H11 socket 360 degree LEDs for foglights
2 ~ 9005 socket 360 degree LEDs for DRL

The front interior lights are already LEDs
For the fog I suggest a Cree LED in 80W. This can be done for about 50 bucks on ebay with the right LED and resistors. Or you can upgrade to HIDs as some have done but I dont suggest that unless buying projectors as HIDs are very bright and can be obnoxious to other drivers.

Something like this for the Fog light LEDs
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-H11-with-Resistors-80W-Cree-LED-High-Power-Fog-Light-Replacement-Honda-Acura-/321383840106?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ad3f8396a&vxp=mtr
Only $53 with resistors. That is exactly what I would suggest for your fog lights. Plug and play. I have had those for my DRL (9005 socket version) and they are great.

As for your DRLs, for the bluish tone I think you would need HIDs unless you can find some bluish LEDs but those will probably be BLUE BLUE. I assume you want the whole white LED look with the heavy blue fade on the edges. As I said, I think you need HIDs for that.

I honestly suggest matching your fog lights to the DRLs.
Old 12-02-2014 | 01:25 PM
Suzuka Master

To try and clear your mind of the wish to not use resistors.

I had Nokya bulbs for a little while and they looked good but were very dim due to the blue coating needed to make them the white tone.

Resistors are very simple to use. Lets see if this will help..

Dont think of the resistor as anything more than a tangled up extension cord.

You attach one end to the new LED(red circle), and the other end to the socket attached to your car(yellow circle). You secure the resistor (gold piece) either by tucking it in somewhere other wires are or flat our screwing it into the metal somewhere. I just tuck mine away where other wires are.

Hope that helps. Like I said, just think of the resistor as an extension cord. In the EBAY link I gave it is VERY plug and play.

Last edited by usdmJON; 12-02-2014 at 01:31 PM.
The following users liked this post:
robtroxel (12-27-2014)
Old 01-20-2015 | 05:52 PM
8th Gear

Did you modify the lights already?