B1 Service on my '16 ILX !?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 12:07 PM
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Exclamation B1 Service on my '16 ILX !?

I am currently at 13,500 miles on my leased '16 ILX, and my B1 service light appeared. My dealership, Metro Acura in Montclair, CA, charges $109 for the B1 service, fortunately i spoke with the service manager and he discounted it to $89. Is $89 a reasonable price for the services performed for B1 at a dealership ? or should I go elsewhere.

Opinions anyone ?

I believe B1 service includes:

Replace engine oil and filter
Service front and rear brakes
Inspect parking brake adjustments
Inspect tie rod ends, steering gear box and boots
Inspect suspension components
Inspect driveshaft boots
Inspect brake hoses and lines (including ABS)
Rotate tires , inspect for wear and adjust pressure
Check all fluid levels, condition of fluids and check for leaks
Inspect exhaust system
Inspect fuel lines and connections
Old 10-22-2015, 12:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,756 Likes on 6,753 Posts
Just replace the oil yourself
The following users liked this post:
Flipster23 (10-22-2015)
Old 10-22-2015, 12:14 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
Da fuq?

13k miles on a 2016 that's leased...

I agree with Thoi, change the oil yourself. My Honda dealer charger 125 for B1....
Old 10-22-2015, 12:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Also damn didn't even see that...

You're not the best person to be leasing that car... Or you might be exactly the type the dealers are looking for...
Old 10-22-2015, 12:24 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by thoiboi
Also damn didn't even see that...

You're not the best person to be leasing that car... Or you might be exactly the type the dealers are looking for...
Thanks for the condescending opinion and help. Just looking for advice is all. After all this is a forum for individuals that seek/share information on their Acura ILX. But thanks.
Old 10-22-2015, 03:33 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
Originally Posted by jspangan
Thanks for the condescending opinion and help. Just looking for advice is all. After all this is a forum for individuals that seek/share information on their Acura ILX. But thanks.
Aaaah. See thats is where you are wrong my friend. You and i are here for info on acuras. Users like thoi and flip hardly ever post anything acura and use these forums for social interaction because they have no friends outside of the forums. This is how they get their jollies. Dont take that away from them!

Just ignore them. They do go away eventually.
Old 10-22-2015, 03:37 PM
Suzuka Master

89 is a great price for an entire b1. Especially if you cant or dont want to do it yourself.

Judging by how many tl owners pay shops to have their wheels and spacers mounted, id say forget these two for giving you shit for not doing your own oil change.
Old 10-22-2015, 03:52 PM
Senior Moderator

I'm just shocked you were able to drive that many miles before the year began..
Old 10-22-2015, 03:58 PM
Team Owner

Hey Dumdum,

You caught me I don't have any friends. I just post on Azine during work. I'd hope you came to Acurafest so I could be friends with you....

OP, I'm just shocked that you have 13k miles with a car that's only a couple months old, I'm guessing you drive for work or a lot of highway miles.
pnoi521 (10-27-2015)
Old 10-22-2015, 04:06 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,277 Likes on 952 Posts
I am currently at 13,500 miles on my leased '16 ILX, and my B1 service light appeared. My dealership, Metro Acura in Montclair, CA, charges $109 for the B1 service, fortunately i spoke with the service manager and he discounted it to $89. Is $89 a reasonable price for the services performed for B1 at a dealership ? or should I go elsewhere.

Opinions anyone ?

Inspect driveshaft boots
Inspect exhaust system
$89 is a great price for a B1. Just to verify, you could call a local Honda dealer and get their price.
Old 10-22-2015, 04:21 PM
Suzuka Master

LOL @ dumdum calling me and flip out for telling the ILX guy to do his own oil change.
Okay bud, spend 90 bucks on your leased overpriced civic...
Like I said. Ive seen 3G and 4G TL guys making posts about paying a shop to install their spacers. No one gives them any grief for something as stupid as that so why give a working man grief for paying a dealership to do their job while hes off doing his job?

Originally Posted by flipster
Fuck that ninja.

Dumdum probably has his mommy pay for his oil changes since the ninja can't afford to buy his own car.

I'm shocked that dude's at the mileage he's at and the car is only a couple of months old.
Shows how fucking much you know.

Im 27 bro. I couldnt buy the car because while my credit score is over 700 it is current unestablished at my age and lack of owned property.

Less than a year and the car will be refinanced to own unless for some reason I decide to trade it in and move to a 4cylinder TLX... dont think I'll do that though as the plan was to purchase this car and drive it into the ground for the next decade. Option is always there though.

I get that you guys posted some advice in telling OP to do the oil change himself.

But approaching it how you guys did, questioning his miles and telling him he isnt the best person to lease a car, as well the obvious shit talking in other parts of the forum prove you werent simply being good someratins here. Also, telling him to go ahead and spend 90 on an "over priced civic"shows your true intentions here buddy. 90 is infact a great price for someone that cant do it themselves smart ass.

And P.s. for all you know OP could have signed up for a high mileage lease. Some dealerships allow for well over 50,000 miles during a lease. You have no clue what OP signed in his lease agreement.

As well. Even if he did go over. Acura has a lease agreement to wave most of those miles if you go the correct route.
Old 10-22-2015, 04:28 PM
Team Owner

Again I was shocked at the mileage. (You don't know what he signed either) Nor did I say a lease wasn't for him. I told him to do it himself, and mentioned how much my dealer was charging since he is in Cali like myself.

I give shit to 3G TL and 4G TL guys. Don't think they aren't included...
Old 10-22-2015, 04:29 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,843 Likes on 8,574 Posts
dumdum's ILX is leased..
Old 10-22-2015, 04:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Dummy quit starting shit where there isn't any.
Old 10-22-2015, 04:31 PM

How many miles do they allow? 10k? how much is it over 10k miles? 15-20 cents?

Shiett.. at this rate that's what? almost $2k a year in mileage?
They should be throwing in the B1 for free. Shiett.. all service should be free for that matter.

Old 10-22-2015, 04:31 PM

Received 7,772 Likes on 5,045 Posts
Originally Posted by usdmJON
Like I said. Ive seen 3G and 4G TL guys making posts about paying a shop to install their spacers. No one gives them any grief for something as stupid as that so why give a working man grief for paying a dealership to do their job while hes off doing his job?

Shows how fucking much you know.

Im 27 bro. I couldnt buy the car because while my credit score is over 700 it is current unestablished at my age and lack of owned property.

Less than a year and the car will be refinanced to own unless for some reason I decide to trade it in and move to a 4cylinder TLX... dont think I'll do that though as the plan was to purchase this car and drive it into the ground for the next decade. Option is always there though.

I get that you guys posted some advice in telling OP to do the oil change himself.

But approaching it how you guys did, questioning his miles and telling him he isnt the best person to lease a car, as well the obvious shit talking in other parts of the forum prove you werent simply being good someratins here. Also, telling him to go ahead and spend 90 on an "over priced civic"shows your true intentions here buddy. 90 is infact a great price for someone that cant do it themselves smart ass.

And P.s. for all you know OP could have signed up for a high mileage lease. Some dealerships allow for well over 50,000 miles during a lease. You have no clue what OP signed in his lease agreement.

As well. Even if he did go over. Acura has a lease agreement to wave most of those miles if you go the correct route.
They were at least being courteous and keeping the smack out of where it didn't belong.

But now this Fail Derail Train has left the station.

Sorry OP. $90 is good. Your mileage is high, but whatevs.

EDIT: To add, the only "real" thing done at B1 is the oil/filter change and tire rotation. If that's worth $90 to you, go for it. If you want to do it yourself, go for it.

Last edited by cu2wagon; 10-22-2015 at 04:33 PM.
usdmJON (10-22-2015)
Old 10-22-2015, 04:32 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Majofo

Shiett.. at this rate that's what? almost $2k a year in mileage?
They should be throwing in the B1 for free. Shiett.. all service should be free for that matter.

When I went to Acura, them Ninjas said 12k-15k mileage.

I actually think there was a special for 15k.

Last edited by Flipster23; 10-22-2015 at 04:37 PM.
Old 10-22-2015, 04:37 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Flipster23
Nor did I say a lease wasn't for him.

I give shit to 3G TL and 4G TL guys. Don't think they aren't included...
Im speaking to you AND thoiboi, flip. You didnt make the lease comment, thoiboi did.

And maybe you gave the resent dude that paid a dealer to have wheels put on his car shit. I didnt see anyone laughing at him for paying money to lift a car and turn 20 lugs. So seemed wrong to give OP shit here. Stills seems wrong. Some people just dont want to or where never taught how to do an oil change.

Dummy quit starting shit where there isn't any.
You clearly stirred shit by trying to claim a 90 dollar (good value) oil change/inspection wasnt worth it for this car while calling it a civic. Youre an idiot.

dumdum's ILX is leased..
Gotta start somewhere. I'm young and needed to establish some sort of credit before refinancing. It's a lease to own.
Old 10-22-2015, 04:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Learn to read Jonathan..it was a "HOLY FUCK that's a lot of miles, dealer must be making a ton off of you" comment. Meant to be taken lightly and again with shock that there was that much mileage. But as usual, you misinterpret things then bring in other comments from Ramblings.

I never mentioned overpriced civic in THIS thread until YOU did.

So yes, you started the shit.
Old 10-22-2015, 04:41 PM
Suzuka Master

Mine is 10. I was offered 12 if I needed it. As well you can sign for high mileage leases that offer nearly 100 instead of 30-36.

I went with 30 knowing when I go over it will all be waved if I stay with the ILX to refinance and they'll still be waved if I sign up for a new lease with acura. That's the acura "friendship" agreement.
Old 10-22-2015, 04:42 PM
Suzuka Master

Learn to read Jonathan..it was a "HOLY FUCK that's a lot of miles, dealer must be making a ton off of you" comment. Meant to be taken lightly and again with shock that there was that much mileage. But as usual, you misinterpret things then bring in other comments from Ramblings.

I never mentioned overpriced civic in THIS thread until YOU did.

So yes, you started the shit.
My apologies for not hearing your tone of voice via text on the internet. Youve never had anything nice to say so why would I assume youre starting now?

So now youre talking shit behind peoples backs like a child and when I drag your comments into the light suddenly Im the one talking shit?

hahahhahahahahahaha

Last edited by usdmJON; 10-22-2015 at 04:45 PM.
Old 10-22-2015, 05:34 PM
Advanced

I feel comfortable knowing that Acura has mileage forgiveness. Plus, I have leased two cars prior to my ILX, well over contracted miles, and I never had to pay for excess miles. There's always a way around paying for excess miles.

Mileage Forgiveness®
If you exceed your contracted lease miles, you can be forgiven for half of your excess mileage (up to 7,500 miles)2 with Mileage Forgiveness. Plus, you can receive 1,000 additional miles just for leasing with Acura Financial Services.

Acura Financial Services Browser Detect
Old 10-22-2015, 05:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Well then forget our woes because we were unaware of that!

If you don't prefer to do oil changes on your own, then that's a fine and dandy price. Like others suggested though, a Honda dealer might be cheaper so shop around!
Old 10-22-2015, 05:49 PM
Advanced

Well then forget our woes because we were unaware of that!

If you don't prefer to do oil changes on your own, then that's a fine and dandy price. Like others suggested though, a Honda dealer might be cheaper so shop around!
Thanks everyone for your opinions, information and advice !

The ironic part is that I wish I had the time to do oil changes by myself, but I myself, am a Civil Engineer, constantly busy, working hard, and trying to get my professional license.

So no time to change oil myself on my end !
Old 10-22-2015, 05:51 PM
Senior Moderator

AHH good ol' PE? Good luck.

Thanks for explaination

Apologies for the threadcrap above
Old 10-22-2015, 07:24 PM
Rae Ray

Received 58 Likes on 35 Posts

Opinions anyone ?

Inspect driveshaft boots
Inspect exhaust system
B1 service light appeared? Is this your first oil change for 13k miles? Im curious as to why that light appeared, is that the result of the maintenance reminder putting the oil life at 0% ? Im lucky enough to have my dealer offers free oil changes for the life of ownership. but $89 sound about right, the oil and fitter alone cost about $60. My local oil change spot which is called Oil Change Plus charged me $84 to change the oil on my caddy using mobile one synthetic, along with a 21 piont inspection. What I started doing was bringing my own oil because it was cheaper at Walmart and they give a $5 off for bringing in my own oil. So i ended up spending $55 instead of $84
Old 10-22-2015, 10:45 PM
Suzuka Master

Ive done 2 out of 3 oil changes on my ilx.

First one i did.
Second i felt i didnt have time... really though i was just being lazy.
I wont do that again. Got home after the oil change and found out a fair bit of oil settled on the plastic under tray pieces. Didnt leak out until parked on my driveway leaving some awesome oil stains.

Third oil chnage i did myself again and no oil stains.

The one i paid for was indeed about 80 bucks for just the oil change and fluid top off.

About a month after i do every oil change, which is typically done a week or two after the car says 0% oil, i always get a free oil change coupon via acura... Always almost a month late. I bet they do that shit on purpose.
Old 10-22-2015, 11:44 PM

Thanks everyone for your opinions, information and advice !

The ironic part is that I wish I had the time to do oil changes by myself, but I myself, am a Civil Engineer, constantly busy, working hard, and trying to get my professional license.

So no time to change oil myself on my end !

I respectfully (rare) disagree here. I typically work 60 hrs / wk (EE).. family life.. teach 3 nights a week.. own a house.. and I always reserve time for car maintenance. I also studied for the PE. I know it can be challenging, but 30 minutes on a lazy Sunday isn't going to hurt anyone. It's not a big commitment to set yourself up in terms of tools and such.

The price doesn't bother me. The fact that it takes more time fucking around at the dealership than it does to actually do the job warrants a hell no from me +lowest guy working on car. Even if you have a ride or bring a laptop to chill in their lounge, oil change can be a +2hr ordeal.. add time for the tire rotation (forget going early morning saturday).

If you owned the car, I'd argue that the lowest guy on the totem pole in the shop does the oil filter and tire rotations. Literally the guy working for minimum wage, 16 year old high school kid or hs dropout is doing the work, while the master techs are working on the real jobs. You're risking over/under tightened drain plugs, lug nuts, improperly rotated tires, etc.

There are a few threads here where the shop stripped the threads on the pan or didn't tighten the drain bolt / forgot crush washer.. then tried charging the customer for their negligence. There's also several threads where members had their tires cross rotated on unidirectional tires (common mistake) or didn't tighten the lugs (see ya). So there's peace of mind doing the work yourself or going to a trusted tech.

I do extended OCIs. Top synthetics and filters, which means I'm only under each car twice a year. That's not a big commitment and I probably put more miles on the car than you. If time really is important and you rather not do your own maintenance, I'd say try an independent shop or mobile mechanic. Probably half the price and half the time.
Old 10-22-2015, 11:54 PM

Gotta start somewhere. I'm young and needed to establish some sort of credit before refinancing. It's a lease to own.
Starting to build credit history is tricky, but it's always better to buy (car loan) than to lease. Even with a shallow credit history, most lenders are open to new loans if you show proof of employment +wage history. Even if you buyout, you end up spending more than initially purchasing, or purchasing used.

Mine is 10. I was offered 12 if I needed it. As well you can sign for high mileage leases that offer nearly 100 instead of 30-36.

I went with 30 knowing when I go over it will all be waved if I stay with the ILX to refinance and they'll still be waved if I sign up for a new lease with acura. That's the acura "friendship" agreement.
With friends like those...
I just laugh at the idea of you putting it back to stock form. Hopefully the buyout is reasonable.. otherwise.. prepare your butthole.
Old 10-23-2015, 02:19 AM
Suzuka Master

Starting to build credit history is tricky, but it's always better to buy (car loan) than to lease. Even with a shallow credit history, most lenders are open to new loans if you show proof of employment +wage history. Even if you buyout, you end up spending more than initially purchasing, or purchasing used.

With friends like those...
I just laugh at the idea of you putting it back to stock form. Hopefully the buyout is reasonable.. otherwise.. prepare your butthole.

Well hind sight is 20/20 I suppose. Not much help at this point.

And returning the car to stock would not be hard at all. Intake, downpipe would take an hour maybe.

Suspension would take the longest, at most 2 hours.

Front lip, visors, mounting oem wheels, would take an hour tops.

I could put it back to stock on one of those lazy sundays you mentioned. But why would I? I plan on buying the car. Are you telling me the mods I have done would change my buy out price? Why? If so Ill just go stock before I refinance.
Old 10-23-2015, 09:48 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
For the $90 B1 service, what kind of oil is the dealer using? Synthetic or Dino? Not that it matters, I'm just curious.
Old 10-23-2015, 11:17 AM
Team Owner

Nothing will change the buy out price. I've had friends who modded the fawk out of their cars. (TSX, TL) and just went back to stock and turned it in dealer thought the car was never touched.

Also, if you plan on buying it out the dealer won't care what you've done, if you decide on giving it back, better put that shit back to stock before turning into the Acura parking lot.

It's really not a refinance either. Your just deciding to buy the car after the 36 month lease. More like a buyout. Depending on the residual, that's what you will be financing.

But guarantee that Acura will push you towards leasing another Acura model with some nice ass incentives.

Last edited by Flipster23; 10-23-2015 at 11:20 AM.
Old 10-23-2015, 11:21 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by TacoBello
For the $90 B1 service, what kind of oil is the dealer using? Synthetic or Dino? Not that it matters, I'm just curious.
It's California. Synthetic is like an additional $30 bucks maybe a little more depending on the dealer. I'm going to go with $90 for Dino. OP is getting a discount which is a pretty good price.

But I do agree with Maj, find a independent shop to go to. They will take better care of your car then the dealer.
Old 10-23-2015, 04:47 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Flipster23
Nothing will change the buy out price. I've had friends who modded the fawk out of their cars. (TSX, TL) and just went back to stock and turned it in dealer thought the car was never touched.

Also, if you plan on buying it out the dealer won't care what you've done, if you decide on giving it back, better put that shit back to stock before turning into the Acura parking lot.

It's really not a refinance either. Your just deciding to buy the car after the 36 month lease. More like a buyout. Depending on the residual, that's what you will be financing.

But guarantee that Acura will push you towards leasing another Acura model with some nice ass incentives.
I cant see myself trading up. Im not looking to pay off leases for the next 10 years.

Even the new ilx. I like it but not enough to start payments all over again.
Old 10-23-2015, 10:23 PM

On the lease buyout, is the price already specified or is it negotiable at the end of the lease, say.. after an inspection (closer to fair market value)?

I'm guessing the former. In that case, it's probably cheaper to buy it used no? They're more than likely going to sell it for less on the lot right? Tricky..
Old 10-24-2015, 11:00 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,277 Likes on 952 Posts
On the lease buyout, is the price already specified or is it negotiable at the end of the lease, say.. after an inspection (closer to fair market value)?

I'm guessing the former. In that case, it's probably cheaper to buy it used no? They're more than likely going to sell it for less on the lot right? Tricky..
The buyout (residual value) is set at the beginning but may be negotiable based on market conditions. If the dealer thinks they can flip it quickly, then they may offer you more than the buyout for you not to buy it. OTOH, if the market changes and sales are slow, the dealer may offer you a lower price IF you buy it.

These aren't easy or quick negotiations as they involve the bank and the dealer.
Old 10-26-2015, 05:06 PM
Racer

Received 112 Likes on 73 Posts
and here I am with my leased '16 ILX with 15,500...

Did the B1 myself, its damn near the same as a A1
Old 10-27-2015, 01:11 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts
Op I recommend you go to

DT Hondamotive and Transmission - Transmission Repair - Ontario, CA - Reviews - Photos - Yelp

DT Hondamotive. The guy was a dealer tech for like 10-15 years has highest certs possible on Hondas , Acuras. Works on other cars, great friendly Honest guy. Will change your oil for as cheap as $20-30, depending on the oil used... I usually take my own oil and filter to him, pay him $10 for the labor. I just prefer using my premium full synthetic oil on that I bought on sale, and got free stuff/offers with.Win-win as much as possible.

* I WORK AT HONDA, Not this one, my opinion is biased, but i feel i know what's up.

Dealers are a lot more expensive for service and maintenance compared to a great dude like Derek at Hondamotive. BUT they both have plus and minuses. Derek only has one or 2 helpers, so he can only work on so many cars at a time. You gotta schedule a bigger job with him further ahead of time. He might have to order parts for a bigger job, etc. Oil change, no biggie generally speaking. Just call ahead and schedule anyway, he's really professional, lets you know what's going on.

Dealer has a ton of techs, has way more parts on deck ready to go. If you use the dealer, you pay more, but it gets done faster and many times on the spot, or whatever day you feel like scheduling. Depends on your personal time, what your schedule allows. I've paid as high as $90 and as low as $30 for an oil change. $90 I was on active duty working a ton, going to school full time, and actually no where was I allowed to change my oil on base other then the auto hobby shop, which I had to pay to use, only open certain hours, bla bla bla. $30 was basic full synthetic bulk oil (not brandname), oil change from Derek at Hondamotive. He has better oil in stock, Mobil one 1, if you don't feel like stopping by WalMart. Keep in mind, Many dealers are using the no name bulk oil stuff too. If it doesn't specifically say a brand on a receipt, or a poster on the wall or something, it's most likely no name stuff. It gets the job done just fine tho, don't worry. Don't believe me guys? Ask for Mobil 1 at a dealer. See how quick the price jumps up.

* no name stuff works fine, I like driving my car aggressively at times, i prefer having the good stuff.

Metro Acura - Andy the Service Manager is a great guy. This dealer is pretty great. The older parts guys is pretty cool, forget his name. Other parts guys were hit or miss. Service advisor - STICK WITH HECTOR. He's the latino guy with glasses. He's friendly courteous and honest. STAY AWAY from the older white guy, he's really sleazy bro. All about the sleazy upsell... There is/was a girl service advisor... she seems nice enough. They go through people sometimes...

Last edited by aomechmarine; 10-27-2015 at 01:20 AM.
Old 10-27-2015, 01:39 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts
Majofo. I agree with you on finding time to change oil. BUT i hate dealing with used motor oil and possibly spilling. Bigger jobs that are more labor intensive, even if relatively simple, (brakes) or require tools I don't have, I prefer to let a great tech like Derek do for me. But valid point man, just preference really.

USDMJon - Lease in your case is/ was a great option. I see people buy cars with un-established credit... They either need a big-ass down payment, a really good co-signer, and most likely both. Some people don't have either one. AND that's just to get approved. Then their APR is FUCKING RIDICULOUS high... Payment high... I seen a lot of crazy shit...

Leases are more "set"... In Jon's case I'd say he did alright. Lesser of two evils.

Purchases are cheapest generally IF you can get good internet pricing, preapproved loan through Credit Union or a bank (biggest factor).... HONESTLY, DON'T go to a dealer without pre-approval first!!!

Get a cosigner (if not preapproved) solid down payment (if not preapproved). Also, generally speaking, don't buy SHIT other then the car itself!! NOTHING. GAP insurance ONLY. Unless you REALLY need extended warranty on miles because you drive like 25k miles a year for business or something.... EVERYTHING ELSE can be purchased for cheaper OR BETTER QUALITY elsewhere. EVERYTHING. DON'T DO IT

* I'm not gonna sell cars forever, i don't care, I'm still an honest person.

Last edited by aomechmarine; 10-27-2015 at 01:42 AM.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:54 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by aomechmarine
Op I recommend you go to

DT Hondamotive and Transmission - Transmission Repair - Ontario, CA - Reviews - Photos - Yelp

DT Hondamotive. The guy was a dealer tech for like 10-15 years has highest certs possible on Hondas , Acuras. Works on other cars, great friendly Honest guy. Will change your oil for as cheap as $20-30, depending on the oil used... I usually take my own oil and filter to him, pay him $10 for the labor. I just prefer using my premium full synthetic oil on that I bought on sale, and got free stuff/offers with.Win-win as much as possible.

* I WORK AT HONDA, Not this one, my opinion is biased, but i feel i know what's up.

Dealers are a lot more expensive for service and maintenance compared to a great dude like Derek at Hondamotive. BUT they both have plus and minuses. Derek only has one or 2 helpers, so he can only work on so many cars at a time. You gotta schedule a bigger job with him further ahead of time. He might have to order parts for a bigger job, etc. Oil change, no biggie generally speaking. Just call ahead and schedule anyway, he's really professional, lets you know what's going on.

Dealer has a ton of techs, has way more parts on deck ready to go. If you use the dealer, you pay more, but it gets done faster and many times on the spot, or whatever day you feel like scheduling. Depends on your personal time, what your schedule allows. I've paid as high as $90 and as low as $30 for an oil change. $90 I was on active duty working a ton, going to school full time, and actually no where was I allowed to change my oil on base other then the auto hobby shop, which I had to pay to use, only open certain hours, bla bla bla. $30 was basic full synthetic bulk oil (not brandname), oil change from Derek at Hondamotive. He has better oil in stock, Mobil one 1, if you don't feel like stopping by WalMart. Keep in mind, Many dealers are using the no name bulk oil stuff too. If it doesn't specifically say a brand on a receipt, or a poster on the wall or something, it's most likely no name stuff. It gets the job done just fine tho, don't worry. Don't believe me guys? Ask for Mobil 1 at a dealer. See how quick the price jumps up.

* no name stuff works fine, I like driving my car aggressively at times, i prefer having the good stuff.

Metro Acura - Andy the Service Manager is a great guy. This dealer is pretty great. The older parts guys is pretty cool, forget his name. Other parts guys were hit or miss. Service advisor - STICK WITH HECTOR. He's the latino guy with glasses. He's friendly courteous and honest. STAY AWAY from the older white guy, he's really sleazy bro. All about the sleazy upsell... There is/was a girl service advisor... she seems nice enough. They go through people sometimes...

Thank for all the info bro! its nice to hear from someone who is familiar with the area that I am in. I Acutally got my tint done next to that DT Hondamotive place you mentioned and i never really noticed it. I'll give it a shot for my next service.

I agree with your opinions about MetroAcura as well. Andy is definitely a great honest service manager. He has saved me a significant amount of money.

Thanks again

Quick Reply: B1 Service on my '16 ILX !?