As an Acura owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 07:04 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Post As an Acura owner

I made this topic to address my other topics (you can see them below this topic in the ILX forum) so I don't need to make multiple posts. So far, spending nearly everyday on this forum I am in shock on how bias and immature a lot of users/Acura owners are on this site. I going to assume most people who made a comment on my topics are much older then me (I am in my early twenties) and I thought it was going to be a much more mature conversation. Instead, I was called a "troll", "spoiled kid", and "that person probably doesn't even own the car".

To those who owns a TL/TSX who made the comments:Not once have I said ILX is the much better car nor have I said not to buy TL or TSX. For the price and many other personal reason I decided to go for the ILX and not these cars. These so called "owners" are so blind that the moment I made claims that the "Nav" or some of its technology is "outdated" they start to bash me.

First of all why are you here? If you love the car so much shouldn't you be in the TSX/TL section having a blast talking about how the TLX is going to replace these cars?

Someone give me the answer that these are long time Acura owners and they care about the brand enough to surf on the ILX section. Okay, fair enough. But then most of them starts to bash on ILX itself and claim that I; not only wasted my money, but the TSX and TL was a much better buy. I am really dumbfounded by this. I never see this (or at least on the sites I visit) on any other dedicated car site. Just imagine a BMW owner saying he is a bit disappointed with his 3 series and the owners of 5 and 7 series starts to bash the car and the owner. Its okay to defend your car/brand if you love the brand. But to be bias and ignorant to your competitions? There is a reason why Acura is only in certain parts of the world and not across the global like Lexus. There is a reason why the 3 series outsell almost all the Acura brand despite the "claim" that Acura offer better value for its price. Really, just look at the users that have "TL" on there names. Very hard for me to think you are not "bias" toward a "particular" car.

Heck, I never liked or gave the brand a chance at all and I ended up buying one. Its call: be open minded? You might ask "why the buyers remorse?" Well, sorry, if I am not blindly in love with the car/brand like some of you. In fact, just go to the RDX forum and you can see how so many of them would have went for a Q5 if they have a second chance. Just a side note: I actually think for the price and the value, the 2013 RDX is probably the best buy out of all the Acura cars.

To the so called Acura "salesman" who can "read between the lines" and called me a "troll": I saw some of your posts and videos about the ILX. While I applaud you for your dedication, I feel you only defend this brand cause you sell the car (correct me if I am wrong here if you don't sell Acura cars). Again, fair enough. However, I can tell you: you have failed. If you are indeed a salesman (or at least a good one) you would have made a much more mature discussion and defend the car with proper reasons instead of just saying bunch of crap. You have not reassured my purchase nor have you made a strong case for other viewers on this site that they should buy this particular car. You clearly couldn't sell me the brand at all. Maybe you don't want to or you think I hate the brand too much to turn it around but it is your job or at least your duty to do so or else you are not much of a salesman. If you made the effort to make videos to teach customers about the brand I am sure you can do better then claiming I just like to bash on the car. Before you say I don't know what I am talking about, keep in mind I have 7 years of sales experience under my belt.

I made an effort to reply and keep this ILX forum lively. My topics on the ILX has generated well over thousands of views. Ironically enough, it was this site that made me end up buying an ILX. I read the topic of "fun with ILX" or something by spirited driver (or someone else). But after posting and receiving many replies from so called "Acura owners" I don't think I'll ever buy an Acura again. I am a White 2.0 Tech ILX owner but I am not a proud Acura owner because if being an Acura owner is to be ignorant and bias I don't want to be one in the future.

I stand by my statement: If you have 45k to drop, don't buy this car buy the 3 series. If you don't care about the Luxury badge and don't mind a bit bigger car (and a much better car imo in terms of technology compare to TL) buy the 2013 Altima. But, if you want a "Luxury" badge and want a small nice looking car but don't mind the bad reviews and problems I've already listed on this site buy the ILX. Just my opinion.

PS. Just to let that "TL" owner know about who started PUSH BUTTON:

"The system is based on a technology invented by Siemens VDO called PASE: Passive Start and Entry System. It operates in the ISM band of radio frequencies. Keyless Entry/Go was introduced first by Mercedes-Benz in the S-Class car series."

Next time when you start running BS out of your mouth please do a bit of research.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:23 PM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I was fine with the first 3/4 of your post until you started bashing the Acura TL that you haven't owned. The technology in the Nissan Altima is second rate compared to the TL. There is no voice command, hands free link, Bluetooth, or USB connectivity. iPod integration is important to many folks as well as reliability, resale value, and performance. Sorry but I totally disagree with your statement that Acura TL owners have the car just because of the badge. I don't like words being put in my mouth. The BMW has reliability problems and becomes an impractical car after the warranty unless you got it like that and don't mind shelling out $1000's of dollars for costly repairs. The TL is a well-rounded reliable and reasonable luxury sports sedan that has style and class. Please learn more about the TL before you start making false alternative recommendations like the Nissan Altima. Sorry but I do take offense to your post. If you don't like the Acura lover responses on this forum, most certainly a BMW forum would love to have you and I am far from a salesman. You did poor research before buying the ILX because if you did proper research, you would be happy with your choice. And now you are using that same shallow research to recommend the Nissan Altima over the Acura TL. As a former Altima owner, I find the comparison between the two cars ridiculous. Anyways, hope you find happiness someday...always seeing the glass half empty isn't going to help.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:11 AM
Pro

Received 159 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally Posted by deathknight777
Ironically enough, it was this site that made me end up buying an ILX. I read the topic of "fun with ILX" or something by spirited driver (or someone else). But after posting and receiving many replies from so called "Acura owners" I don't think I'll ever buy an Acura again. I am a White 2.0 Tech ILX owner but I am not a proud Acura owner because if being an Acura owner is to be ignorant and bias I don't want to be one in the future.
Seems you're making too many automotive decisions, both positive and negative, based on how you evaluate others' posts on this site. Believe me, if you won't buy an Acura based on anything here, you'd never buy a BMW if you spent much time on those forums.

How about drive whatever you like the most that's within your budget? If you eliminate brands or models because a tiny percentage of owners might be "ignorant," and you're worried others might, therefore, think you are as well, you won't have much to choose from.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:32 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Hmm seems like you make a lot of rash and general accusations. If you don't like the site why even come here in the first place. Plus bashing the Acura brand in general isn't helping your cause, what you think people on an Acura site are going to agree with you about an altimabmw is better than a TL. Get real and grow up dude. If you can't handle some criticism then why even join sites in the first place.

Last edited by TL-Swag; 11-25-2012 at 09:34 PM.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:55 PM
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
lol at this thread. you sound like a whining lil kid. grow up sir. like the guy said if you dont like acurazine why bother be on it.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:43 AM
Drifting

Received 285 Likes on 245 Posts
While I do think you have a lot of strong points, I think you came out a bit to strong, especially for someone who's new to the forums and that's why people began to discredit you. Once the community livens up here, then you'll get what you want: a supportive group of owners making each other feel proud of their newly acquired asset.
The following users liked this post:
justnspace (11-26-2012)
Old 11-26-2012, 08:45 AM
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 30 Posts
I never see this (or at least on the sites I visit) on any other dedicated car site. Just imagine a BMW owner saying he is a bit disappointed with his 3 series and the owners of 5 and 7 series starts to bash the car and the owner. Its okay to defend your car/brand if you love the brand. But to be bias and ignorant to your competitions? There is a reason why Acura is only in certain parts of the world and not across the global like Lexus. There is a reason why the 3 series outsell almost all the Acura brand
I'm an active member on two BMW forums. There is typically a very different mindset between Acura owners and BMW owners. A 5 or 7 owner wouldn't bash a 3-series because it's one of the best cars every year for the last 21 years in a row. It's a fantastic car. That being said, if somebody joined e90post or god help you on e46f and complained about ride quality, you would get the same reaction you got here. It's about knowing what you're buying. Did you know the 2012 Civic has gotten horrible reviews? Lexus and Acura sales can't really be compared in the manner you're trying. Honda only badges some cars as Acura in a few countries but the same cars are sold "globally." Lexus is available in 70 countries. They just marketed the brand differently. Now if you were to say Lexus currently makes a more desirable product, I wouldn't disagree. As a new Acura owner, you should.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:28 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by spdandpwr
While I do think you have a lot of strong points, I think you came out a bit to strong, especially for someone who's new to the forums and that's why people began to discredit you. Once the community livens up here, then you'll get what you want: a supportive group of owners making each other feel proud of their newly acquired asset.
True. But I think I made a few points to counteract that. The fact that No Memory seats/lack of power/premium fuel didn't bother me one bit. Also, the price didn't bother me at all as well. In fact I don't mind paying another 2-3k if it can address all those problems I had with the car. It would still be cheaper then all the other entry luxury cars. Again, just my opinions.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:30 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by NWSTL
I'm an active member on two BMW forums. There is typically a very different mindset between Acura owners and BMW owners. A 5 or 7 owner wouldn't bash a 3-series because it's one of the best cars every year for the last 21 years in a row. It's a fantastic car. That being said, if somebody joined e90post or god help you on e46f and complained about ride quality, you would get the same reaction you got here. It's about knowing what you're buying. Did you know the 2012 Civic has gotten horrible reviews? Lexus and Acura sales can't really be compared in the manner you're trying. Honda only badges some cars as Acura in a few countries but the same cars are sold "globally." Lexus is available in 70 countries. They just marketed the brand differently. Now if you were to say Lexus currently makes a more desirable product, I wouldn't disagree. As a new Acura owner, you should.
Thank you. I do realize E90 has its fair share of problems as well as F30 being dub "worse than the E90" but when I drive it I can understand where the extra 10k went. Honda Civic did get a crap review. Surpisingly, I heard Civic had more room in the passenger side then the ILX? Same goes for 2013 Altima compared to 2013 Sentra (it makes no sense !)
Old 11-26-2012, 09:36 AM
Drifting

True. But I think I made a few points to counteract that. The fact that No Memory seats/lack of power/premium fuel didn't bother me one bit. Also, the price didn't bother me at all as well. In fact I don't mind paying another 2-3k if it can address all those problems I had with the car. It would still be cheaper then all the other entry luxury cars. Again, just my opinions.
Haha, I think the same thing. I wouldn't mind putting another 2-3k if the car was that much closer to flawless.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:43 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by AnyaBoo
I was fine with the first 3/4 of your post until you started bashing the Acura TL that you haven't owned. The technology in the Nissan Altima is second rate compared to the TL. There is no voice command, hands free link, Bluetooth, or USB connectivity. iPod integration is important to many folks as well as reliability, resale value, and performance. Sorry but I totally disagree with your statement that Acura TL owners have the car just because of the badge. I don't like words being put in my mouth. The BMW has reliability problems and becomes an impractical car after the warranty unless you got it like that and don't mind shelling out $1000's of dollars for costly repairs. The TL is a well-rounded reliable and reasonable luxury sports sedan that has style and class. Please learn more about the TL before you start making false alternative recommendations like the Nissan Altima. Sorry but I do take offense to your post. If you don't like the Acura lover responses on this forum, most certainly a BMW forum would love to have you and I am far from a salesman. You did poor research before buying the ILX because if you did proper research, you would be happy with your choice. And now you are using that same shallow research to recommend the Nissan Altima over the Acura TL. As a former Altima owner, I find the comparison between the two cars ridiculous. Anyways, hope you find happiness someday...always seeing the glass half empty isn't going to help.
I can agree on a couple points with you. But I did do my research. I am a first time buyer and in my twenties so I don't have "30 years and 10 different cars in my life time" like some others claimed when replying to my posts. Acura and Benz unfortunately was the only 2 dealerships that I tried out of the 7 that DIDN'T let me drive the car unsupervised. Again, out of all the things I complained, only the noise of the car really got to me. 34K car should not sound like my 18K Corolla.

Also, I am not one of those kid who has HUGE amount of money from parents etc. I have to work really hard before my parents even LET ME buy my car (with my own money). Perhaps that is why I am being fairly picky.

I said I like the "luxury badge" doesn't mean YOU do. I just said if you don't care about the badge you have other options then ILX. Oh and I am sure you have mistaken the Altima I mentioned with the older generations? The 2013 Altima has more functions then most Acuras right now out in the market (minus memory seats/power passenger seat). TL is for sure behind its time.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:00 AM
Racer

I can agree on a couple points with you. But I did do my research. I am a first time buyer and in my twenties so I don't have "30 years and 10 different cars in my life time" like some others claimed when replying to my posts. Acura and Benz unfortunately was the only 2 dealerships that I tried out of the 7 that DIDN'T let me drive the car unsupervised. Again, out of all the things I complained, only the noise of the car really got to me. 34K car should not sound like my 18K Corolla.

Also, I am not one of those kid who has HUGE amount of money from parents etc. I have to work really hard before my parents even LET ME buy my car (with my own money). Perhaps that is why I am being fairly picky.

I said I like the "luxury badge" doesn't mean YOU do. I just said if you don't care about the badge you have other options then ILX. Oh and I am sure you have mistaken the Altima I mentioned with the older generations? The 2013 Altima has more functions then most Acuras right now out in the market (minus memory seats/power passenger seat). TL is for sure behind its time.
You're right about the Altima having the same features now as Acura does. Thing I don't get is why would someone pay $33,000 for an Altima when they could get the same features standard in a 2012 Acura TL FWD Base model? I just purchased my Acura TL for $32,700 which is a little cheaper than the Altima. The ride, reliability, and so much more in an Acura. Now I did read on a another forum that Acura TL's are more pricy in Canada than the US.

You are so blessed to have an Acura at your age. In college, I was able to purchase a 2001 Honda Prelude brand new and it was a super fun car but like you, I paid for it myself. I ended up having to trade it in because it was awful in the snow. One night I pulled up in my snowy driveway and put the E brake on (had to anyway because it was a manual) got out of the car and the car almost took me out as it literally began to slide off the driveway.

I have had some really crappy cars and some really good ones. You have your whole life ahead of you to get your dream car. Enjoy the Acura you have because you are more fortunate than most.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:09 AM
Advanced

You're right about the Altima having the same features now as Acura does. Thing I don't get is why would someone pay $33,000 for an Altima when they could get the same features standard in a 2012 Acura TL FWD Base model? I just purchased my Acura TL for $32,700 which is a little cheaper than the Altima. The ride, reliability, and so much more in an Acura. Now I did read on a another forum that Acura TL's are more pricy in Canada than the US.

You are so blessed to have an Acura at your age. In college, I was able to purchase a 2001 Honda Prelude brand new and it was a super fun car but like you, I paid for it myself. I ended up having to trade it in because it was awful in the snow. One night I pulled up in my snowy driveway and put the E brake on (had to anyway because it was a manual) got out of the car and the car almost took me out as it literally began to slide off the driveway.

I have had some really crappy cars and some really good ones. You have your whole life ahead of you to get your dream car. Enjoy the Acura you have because you are more fortunate than most.
Thank you. I do realize I am very fortunate. And believe me, I still like driving my Acura. Especially when people who knew me saw me always driving my blue Corolla and then all of a sudden driving an Acura (The look on their face ! Sorry if I am being shallow). Yeah... Canada suck balls when it comes to cars. But I guess we are still pretty lucky compare to people in China (an ILX might have cost $65k there and the average wage of people in big cities are still only about $800 a month).
Old 11-26-2012, 10:28 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 249 Likes on 229 Posts
"Again, out of all the things I complained, only the noise of the car really got to me. 34K car should not sound like my 18K Corolla."

Oh boy here comes that tomb quiet Corolla that you keep stating is so much quieter than your 2.0.

Everyone has a different view on noise just as they do on music. Here is a part of a review I just read this morning regarding the 6mt.

"What may be the sound of engineering music in the Civic Si is just noise in the ILX: repeated higher rpm shifts, the drone of the engine at 3,000 rpm (110 km/h), the slap and rumble of the tires on the pavement. The ILX may well be quieter (and heavier) than the Civic Si, but the mechanical choir is only a bit muted and still quite aggravating after a while, and very un-luxury car-like.

Even though $28K and change is a lot of money, being the price leader in the luxury car market is risky. The ILX represents a quick and profitable way for Honda to bring a compact to its luxury Acura brand in the US, just as the CSX and EL had in Canada. Badge engineering is common in the car business, but one of the risks is lowered perceptions of a company’s brand. I have no doubt that Acura will sell ILXs by the trainload, but Acura will remain the luxury brand wannabe that it has always been."

Everyone is entitled to their opinion as is the reviewer above as are you but to me what he considers noise to his ears I consider music to mine. What the H is slap and rumble, okay rumble yes, slap what is that? Tires can be replaced but of course you shouldn't have to on a new car and maybe that is what you are being bothered by, I don't know.

As I have always said before the 6mt is noiser than the 2.0 but not in a bad way imo, it works for me. I also don't agree with him regarding repeated shifting or that it will be a big seller for Acura, there is just too much competent competion out there now a days.

Regardless of any attributes of the car if I felt like you about the noise I would not have bought it in the first place or least would be looking to replace it.

I hope you find some peace with your decision but it is getting pretty old imo.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 127 Likes on 92 Posts
Comparisons are gonna happen no matter what.. But I am gonna tell you why I bought my ILX and leave it at that..

I want Honda's reliability, at a price that met my needs, and a fun-to-drive feel. I am a career-successful 23 year old who likes a sporty look and luxury features. But, I didn't want Honda's cheap interior (not build quality but material look and feel).. I guess I land smack dab in the middle of Acura's targeted demographic? It met my needs so I bought it! (I have the 2.4L 6 Speed). I didn't even consider a German car because I can maintain a Honda(Acura) for 1/3rd of the cost, if not less. Let's sum this back up..

You buy an ILX for this reason: You want an affordable, reliable, fun-to-drive, cheap to maintain, luxurious car.. there is gonna be a draw when you want all of those things. I am just saying.. and /endrant

Sorry, but that's my take on all the hate and bashing of this car.
The following users liked this post:
rxj27 (11-26-2012)
Old 11-26-2012, 03:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

I think you're getting such backlash because you bought an apple expecting it to be an orange.. and are talking down on the apple because it doesn't taste, look, or feel like an orange.

Expecting the ILX to compete in the market you want it to is like expecting a Civic Si to win a Formula 1 race.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:46 PM
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 43 Posts
More like he bought an apple and expecting it to be apple pie...

On that note lets stop the attacks. Deathknight you are entitled to your opinions and I agree that the attacks from other members are unfounded. But at the same time, I think, us owners are simply asking you to be a little more open minded and just taper your expectations a bit. I sincerely believe that this is a good car and with time I think you will feel the same way.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:31 PM
Racer

Thank you. I do realize I am very fortunate. And believe me, I still like driving my Acura. Especially when people who knew me saw me always driving my blue Corolla and then all of a sudden driving an Acura (The look on their face ! Sorry if I am being shallow). Yeah... Canada suck balls when it comes to cars. But I guess we are still pretty lucky compare to people in China (an ILX might have cost $65k there and the average wage of people in big cities are still only about $800 a month).
LOL! I got the same response from my neighbors as well when they saw me drive no longer in my 2006 Altima. I was going to ride the wheels off but the endless repairs got to me. On Nov 14th, the alternator died and almost left me stranded. Some nice guys jumped the car for me and the minute I got home the car died again. Had it towed the next day and found out the alternator took out my brand new 84 month battery, all four struts were gone and it still needed a brake fluid flush, air filter, oil change, and tire rotation. I paid less upfront on a brand new Acura TL than the bill for the repairs to the Altima. I just recently spent money on new tires, brakes, and rotors and a slew of recommended maintenances. I said enough is enough! It is funny how it broke down at 107,000 miles. I was skeptical of the car when it hit 100,000 miles but I said, this is a Nissan, it will keep going...NOPE! I know my Acura will beat it out. My old Honda Civic made it to $137,000 without the struts and alternator going out. It was still running when i traded it in. So from my experience, Honda and Acura build more reliable cars. Not saying Nissan isn't reliable, just not as reliable.

In my opinion, you want to enjoy the luxury features of a car longer than 100,000 miles and that is why I chose Acura over another Nissan.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:28 PM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts

I like most of this post, because that means you'll take care of this car and you won't take it for granted. Good deal on putting in hardwork. I think you'll find the perfect balance and truly end up liking the car. I can understand why you're being picky. True the refreshed altima has a lot of features, but Acura is also gearing up for redesigns of its models also (TLX, RLX, MDX, RDX [already out], and ILX [already out]) and im sure they'll be some good updates during the MMC.

I lol'd when I read that. Did you have winter tires on your prelude? I've never driven in snow, nor had a chance to actually throw a snowball, so that area is knew territory for me. BTW was the driveway an incline? How did this story end? Did the car eventually slide off? We're you ok?
Old 11-27-2012, 09:44 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Acura_Dude
I like most of this post, because that means you'll take care of this car and you won't take it for granted. Good deal on putting in hardwork. I think you'll find the perfect balance and truly end up liking the car. I can understand why you're being picky. True the refreshed altima has a lot of features, but Acura is also gearing up for redesigns of its models also (TLX, RLX, MDX, RDX [already out], and ILX [already out]) and im sure they'll be some good updates during the MMC.

I lol'd when I read that. Did you have winter tires on your prelude? I've never driven in snow, nor had a chance to actually throw a snowball, so that area is knew territory for me. BTW was the driveway an incline? How did this story end? Did the car eventually slide off? We're you ok?
LOL! It is funny when I look back on it too. The car wasn't bad driving in the snow...it could have been better but also worse. The driveway was pretty steep. So when it started sliding when I have way out, I tilted backwards to fall back in the car and pushed the brake and it stopped. Let go of the brake and it started rolling again so I ended up having to park it on the curb. I was pretty shooken up because it was unexpected.

I loved that car. Took it to LA, San Diego, San Francisco, Ohio, & Vegas. It held its weight up against the BMWs on the road as it had boosts in 3rd & 4th gears. It also had rear wheel drive which was really nice! I got full payoff value for the car as the dealer said it was the best looking Prelude they have seen and they were in demand in 2003 because as you know Honda stopped making them.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:47 AM
Racer

Oh and no winter tires, just the factory installed tires. I'm sure winter tires might have saved the car from sliding.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:02 AM

Received 16,263 Likes on 11,973 Posts
^not from that incline.
maybe if you left it in gear.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:52 AM
Drifting

LOL! It is funny when I look back on it too. The car wasn't bad driving in the snow...it could have been better but also worse. The driveway was pretty steep. So when it started sliding when I have way out, I tilted backwards to fall back in the car and pushed the brake and it stopped. Let go of the brake and it started rolling again so I ended up having to park it on the curb. I was pretty shooken up because it was unexpected.

I loved that car. Took it to LA, San Diego, San Francisco, Ohio, & Vegas. It held its weight up against the BMWs on the road as it had boosts in 3rd & 4th gears. It also had rear wheel drive which was really nice! I got full payoff value for the car as the dealer said it was the best looking Prelude they have seen and they were in demand in 2003 because as you know Honda stopped making them.
Preludes are FWD
Old 11-27-2012, 11:16 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Trentimus
Comparisons are gonna happen no matter what.. But I am gonna tell you why I bought my ILX and leave it at that..

I want Honda's reliability, at a price that met my needs, and a fun-to-drive feel. I am a career-successful 23 year old who likes a sporty look and luxury features. But, I didn't want Honda's cheap interior (not build quality but material look and feel).. I guess I land smack dab in the middle of Acura's targeted demographic? It met my needs so I bought it! (I have the 2.4L 6 Speed). I didn't even consider a German car because I can maintain a Honda(Acura) for 1/3rd of the cost, if not less. Let's sum this back up..

You buy an ILX for this reason: You want an affordable, reliable, fun-to-drive, cheap to maintain, luxurious car.. there is gonna be a draw when you want all of those things. I am just saying.. and /endrant

Sorry, but that's my take on all the hate and bashing of this car.
I agree with everything you said. Hence why on my review I wrote that it is exactly targeting my type of demographic. I am 23 as well but obviously considerable less successful then you LOL
Old 11-27-2012, 11:21 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by terdonal
"Again, out of all the things I complained, only the noise of the car really got to me. 34K car should not sound like my 18K Corolla."

Oh boy here comes that tomb quiet Corolla that you keep stating is so much quieter than your 2.0.

Everyone has a different view on noise just as they do on music. Here is a part of a review I just read this morning regarding the 6mt.

"What may be the sound of engineering music in the Civic Si is just noise in the ILX: repeated higher rpm shifts, the drone of the engine at 3,000 rpm (110 km/h), the slap and rumble of the tires on the pavement. The ILX may well be quieter (and heavier) than the Civic Si, but the mechanical choir is only a bit muted and still quite aggravating after a while, and very un-luxury car-like.

Even though $28K and change is a lot of money, being the price leader in the luxury car market is risky. The ILX represents a quick and profitable way for Honda to bring a compact to its luxury Acura brand in the US, just as the CSX and EL had in Canada. Badge engineering is common in the car business, but one of the risks is lowered perceptions of a company’s brand. I have no doubt that Acura will sell ILXs by the trainload, but Acura will remain the luxury brand wannabe that it has always been."

Everyone is entitled to their opinion as is the reviewer above as are you but to me what he considers noise to his ears I consider music to mine. What the H is slap and rumble, okay rumble yes, slap what is that? Tires can be replaced but of course you shouldn't have to on a new car and maybe that is what you are being bothered by, I don't know.

As I have always said before the 6mt is noiser than the 2.0 but not in a bad way imo, it works for me. I also don't agree with him regarding repeated shifting or that it will be a big seller for Acura, there is just too much competent competion out there now a days.

Regardless of any attributes of the car if I felt like you about the noise I would not have bought it in the first place or least would be looking to replace it.

I hope you find some peace with your decision but it is getting pretty old imo.
Haha the problem here is that my Corolla is DEAFENING on the highway. It is not tomb quiet at all (quite the opposite in fact)! Hence why I was expecting the Acura to sound much different and I really didn't feel it. But the more I drive it the more I am starting to think the suspension or the tires are the culprit here. Perhaps when I have the time I can finally put the issue to rest once and for all when I bring it back to the dealership for a check-up.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:39 PM
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by spdandpwr
Preludes are FWD
And some had rear-wheel steering. I bet people lol'ed for hours and thought "typical ricer" whenever he told people it was RWD.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

I agree with everything you said. Hence why on my review I wrote that it is exactly targeting my type of demographic. I am 23 as well but obviously considerable less successful then you LOL
I was never suggesting I was more successful than you.. I was directly quoting Acura when they stated who they targeted.. 20-something professionals (seemly meaning career-successful). Sorry, if that came off differently..
Old 11-27-2012, 07:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

I used to be a Dynamat installer.. do the doors, and the trunk (like under the spare tire, ect).. it makes an incredible difference in your sound system and road noise.. The exhaust note people complain about would be reduced as well. Due to there being little to no insulation in the trunk a lot of noise travels from there to the front.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:30 PM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts

Well thats good you were ok. Preludes are still in demand if tuners can find them.