Panny Plasma TV

Old 02-14-2007, 05:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
^ 48 month financing seems odd as well. The credit line is offered by the same bank regardless of which store you go in and regardless of where it is located in the US. I have been browsing the flyers every week since last summer and have never seen 4 years interest free from either Best Buy or Circuit City. Three years (36 months) was available about 2-3 times, but that was it. Something doesn't seem right.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:14 AM
Rebourne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^Oooops I meant to say 24 months It went staight over my head damn, I got another negative rep point because of this.

Anyway, Yeah 2 years with no interest is good for me...
Old 02-15-2007, 10:01 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by llJrockll
^^Oooops I meant to say 24 months It went staight over my head damn, I got another negative rep point because of this.
Really? Wow, guess someone was looking for 48 months financing

Yeah, 24 makes more sense. They've been bouncing between 18 and 24 months lately... so that seems to be the sweet spot they have been staying in.
Old 02-18-2007, 12:31 PM
trill recognize trill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yea, but if best buy is running 36 months or 48 moonths, most circuit city stores can match that price...

on topic though, anyone notice withthe panasonic plasma's, peoples faces lookasif they are painted or cay figures??? like they aren't realistic?
Old 02-18-2007, 02:19 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by yunginTL
yea, but if best buy is running 36 months or 48 moonths, most circuit city stores can match that price...

on topic though, anyone notice withthe panasonic plasma's, peoples faces lookasif they are painted or cay figures??? like they aren't realistic?
Yeah. That is a major complaint I have heard from people actually. You can adjust the settings or calibrate to help with this. First thing is take it off vivid. It still will occur though and a reason I stear clear of them. People don't want to spend money on a new tv and have it professionally calibrated in most cases. I usually sell them up to the Pioneer which comes in at a comparable price when you factor in the calibration. Out of the box, the pioneer looks great.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:18 PM
trill recognize trill

Originally Posted by 2001AudiS4
Yeah. That is a major complaint I have heard from people actually. You can adjust the settings or calibrate to help with this. First thing is take it off vivid. It still will occur though and a reason I stear clear of them. People don't want to spend money on a new tv and have it professionally calibrated in most cases. I usually sell them up to the Pioneer which comes in at a comparable price when you factor in the calibration. Out of the box, the pioneer looks great.
thats very interesting because it is highly rated...
Old 02-18-2007, 09:22 PM
Suzuka Master

thats very interesting because it is highly rated...
I know it is. It is also about a thousand dollars cheaper then a top tier set, like the Pioneer I mentioned. I know a lot of people are happy with them. I have compared them to others and just do not see the clarity I do from others. Like I said though, they improve with some calibrating, but may as well jump up to a better tv if you are spending the extra money IMHO.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:25 PM
trill recognize trill

good to know, how do you think it compares to the samsung plasma?
Old 02-18-2007, 09:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 10,341 Likes on 5,253 Posts
Just curious, have you considered a projector? The new ones are killer quality and affordable. Panny has one of the best ones out.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:41 PM
Suzuka Master

My only experiences with Samsung plasmas had worse pq then the panasonic. I do like their DLP's though.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:17 AM
Senior Moderator

FWIW we were down to the Panasonic and Samsung plasma and decided to go with the Sammy... and we love it!

Of course had we wanted to spend more money we would have chosen Pioneer over both in a heartbeat ... but since the TV was only for our bedroom we stayed with the budget plasmas...
Old 02-19-2007, 04:33 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by juniorbean
FWIW we were down to the Panasonic and Samsung plasma and decided to go with the Sammy... and we love it!

Of course had we wanted to spend more money we would have chosen Pioneer over both in a heartbeat ... but since the TV was only for our bedroom we stayed with the budget plasmas...
I think you chose the Samsung cause I am almost positive you have stock in the company

Seriously though, I have only really had experience with two Samsung plasmas, and both were within a week of each other actually. They both had a very "fuzzy" picture that I could not correct without going into the service menu which I was not about to do. Hi-def was not clear and it just left me with a bad taste in my mouth. This could have been the model of course, and I really have not had any experience with them since, so please don't take my word for it if you haven't seen any for yourself. Don't take JB's word for it either though, he wants his stocks to rise
Old 02-19-2007, 04:59 PM
Senior Moderator

^

Honestly, I do not have their stock. In fact, I do not own any stock other than what is in our mutual funds

But we have it, the picture is very good (not Pioneer good, but we didn't spend that much) and we do not have any complaints about it. Well, one... DNiE sometimes sucks on dark scenes and kind of makes the faces look pasty... but really I've only had that problem a few times.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:31 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by juniorbean
^

Honestly, I do not have their stock. In fact, I do not own any stock other than what is in our mutual funds

But we have it, the picture is very good (not Pioneer good, but we didn't spend that much) and we do not have any complaints about it. Well, one... DNiE sometimes sucks on dark scenes and kind of makes the faces look pasty... but really I've only had that problem a few times.
I hear you, as you know I went with an LG myself. I couldn't pass up the deals offered to dealers at the time. It also is not on the same level as a Pioneer, but the HD looks great and overall it has been a great set.