need help choosing....

Old 02-03-2006, 03:45 AM
Drifting

Received 267 Likes on 91 Posts
need help choosing....

i'm about to buy a 50' this weekend...i have it narrowed down to these two tv's..
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Samsu...oductDetail.do
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Hitac...oductDetail.do
just wanted to get opinions on the 2 tv's...which is the better out of the 2? i'm not too educated on todays tv technology so i thought i'd come here and ask for opinions...please help me decide...thanks in advance...
Old 02-03-2006, 08:36 AM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
Samsung, hand down.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:49 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Originally Posted by Scrib
Samsung, hand down.

I have the Samsung 50" DLP and the picture is just phenominal. I love it and would recommend it easily over the Hitachi...
Old 02-03-2006, 09:13 AM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Yep, Samsung. No-brainer.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:27 AM
Drifting

obviously samsung seems to be the more popular brand here but can somebody please explain to me why the samsung is the better tv out of the 2 as far as specs..quality..etc...cause i saw both tv's at the store side by side and they both looked the same...also according to the info on both tv's..they both have pretty much the same things...except the samsung you can hook up your pc to it and the hitachi you cannot(which is not a big deal to me)..so really the only main difference is one is an LCD and the other is a DLP...so besides the fact that alot of people own the samsung here...what else makes the samsung better of the 2? thanks again...
Old 02-04-2006, 11:01 AM
-S namyaC-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DLP>LCD

But, the Sony LCDs look pretty freakin good. The Hitatchis IMO aren't so hot. If you can't pick out a difference between the two then it really doesn't matter which one you get. Start looking at other things. Whose remote do you like (if you are going to use the TV remote)? I think Samsung remotes suck, but I wouldn't use it anyway but so I don't care. Look at other things like inputs, color of the TV, physical size (if you need it to fit somewhere), etc.

I'd def get a Samsung, and def out of the two shown.
Old 02-04-2006, 11:30 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by proaudio22
DLP>LCD

But, the Sony LCDs look pretty freakin good. The Hitatchis IMO aren't so hot. If you can't pick out a difference between the two then it really doesn't matter which one you get. Start looking at other things. Whose remote do you like (if you are going to use the TV remote)? I think Samsung remotes suck, but I wouldn't use it anyway but so I don't care. Look at other things like inputs, color of the TV, physical size (if you need it to fit somewhere), etc.

I'd def get a Samsung, and def out of the two shown.
yeah in my eyes i really couldn't tell any difference between the 2...the picture was clear and crisp on both tv's...they both looked good...now physically i think the hitachi looks better...also speakers sound much better than the samsung... and they both have the same inputs(except samsung has the pc input)..i'm gonna be buying one of the two tonight ...so please...anymore inputs would be helpful....i really don't like to hear the salesman's input cause seems to me that they dont know much and that they are just trying to sell the tv instead of actually educating me about them...
Old 02-04-2006, 12:19 PM
The Creator

it sounds like you made up your mind already despite our advice... so go with your instinct.

just know that hitachi is not a well renowned brand so far as modern televisions go, whereas Samsung is known as the top manufacturer of DLP (which the vast majority of us feel to be superior to LCD).
Old 02-04-2006, 12:59 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,059 Likes on 1,143 Posts
Make sure you take into consideration your viewing angle. I don't like any rear projection stuff because if you don't look at them straight on they get washed out. Some are better than others though. Be sure to look at the sets at an angle in the store. That was one of my main reasons for choosing plasma. Because I have small kids a lot of viewing is taking place from the floor. I haven't found a viewing angle that I don't like looking at my panel.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:05 PM
The Creator

Originally Posted by doopstr
Make sure you take into consideration your viewing angle. I don't like any rear projection stuff because if you don't look at them straight on they get washed out. Some are better than others though. Be sure to look at the sets at an angle in the store. That was one of my main reasons for choosing plasma. Because I have small kids a lot of viewing is taking place from the floor. I haven't found a viewing angle that I don't like looking at my panel.

best part of having a plasma in my main living area is i can see it from any place... left right high low...
Old 02-04-2006, 01:33 PM
-S namyaC-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front Projection > *

Old 02-04-2006, 04:30 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by doopstr
yeah i checked out both tv's in an angle and they both really look the same to me as far as the quality and all goes...i guess i really don't have the "keen" eye to really see the difference between the 2...they both look great...

soopa-its not that i didnt take anybody's advice...i really appreciate all the inputs...its just that i'm only living in an apartment right now..so this is like a starter tv for me if you will...if i had my house now i would easily jump on the 60' samsung....i really like both tv's and just wanted to see if anybody knew any other major difference in the 2 tv's...thanks for everyones input..i will be purchasing a tv tonight..wish me luck...