Latest generation flat panel LCD vs Plasma

Old 01-16-2007, 04:40 PM
Dan
Safety Car

Received 220 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by GoddFatherGrafix
Anyway, quick little tip to check a TV's quality. Turn it on so its a black screen, and the darker the black is, the better the quality of the picture. Next best thing to check is something showing a black screen with white letters. the more crisp, the higher quality
Like this; http://www.engadget.com/photos/sharp...s-regular-lcd/

Old 01-16-2007, 06:28 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GoddFatherGrafix
In my opinion, after about 4 years selling audio/video, but mostly TV's, at a higher end Electronics store, there are lots of good tv's out there., and your preference in the style picture & colors(brighter,softer etc) a TV produces plays a role in what you think is best.
I like Sont and Samsung personally. Both are very well made and have great picture quality.
I think an LCD is a much better choice. The burn-in factor #1 and the reliability. Plus, it will last and keep working longer (and I think a good deal longer without drop in quality etc.)

I believe the best TV out there right now is the Sony Bravia XBR LCD HDTV. Everyone at my works thinks the same, as does anyone who owns it that I know andmost people that sit and see a demo of it.

Anyway, quick little tip to check a TV's quality. Turn it on so its a black screen, and the darker the black is, the better the quality of the picture. Next best thing to check is something showing a black screen with white letters. the more crisp, the higher quality
As an XBR3 owner, I wouldn't go quite so far as to call it the "best TV out there right now". It's certainly one of the best flat-panels, and probably the best LCD alongside Samsung's top-end (until all this years models come out).

However, it's far from the "best TV". There's plenty of DLP's and LCoS/SXRD displays which will give you a better picture.

Not to mention the "cloudy backlight" issue that both Sony & Samsung LCD's are experiencing right now.