slide in range

Old 03-27-2006, 10:35 AM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
slide in range

Anyone put in a slide in range into a completely cut out counter (i.e. one that was cut out for a regular free stanging range). How did it look? I understand there are these plastic things that you can attach to the back of the slide in so that they will fit, but I'm not sure how bad that will ultimately look.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:32 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fdl
Anyone put in a slide in range into a completely cut out counter (i.e. one that was cut out for a regular free stanging range). How did it look? I understand there are these plastic things that you can attach to the back of the slide in so that they will fit, but I'm not sure how bad that will ultimately look.
I always thought that the slide-in depth equal the free standing ones.....
Old 03-27-2006, 12:45 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,211 Posts
Originally Posted by mamboking
I always thought that the slide-in depth equal the free standing ones.....
Slide in ranges require about .5-1" of counter at the back of the opening, that's why he is asking for adapters. Without that piece of counter/adapter there will be a gap in the rear.

I have never seen one with the adapters in the rear so I can't comment. More important to that would be to ensure that the back splash on the counter is continuous across where the opening is. If the back splash isn't continuous across the opening it won't look right.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:11 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by doopstr
I have never seen one with the adapters in the rear so I can't comment. More important to that would be to ensure that the back splash on the counter is continuous across where the opening is. If the back splash isn't continuous across the opening it won't look right.
Thats my biggest concern. My countertop has a 4 inch backsplash that was cutout by the builder ( since i didnt specify a slide-in). If/when i upgrade my counter tops in the future none of this will be an issue , but I dont want it to look bad in the meantime.

I have 2 thoughts, .. one is to have a tiled backsplash that runs lower over the range, and hope that it looks intentional, and good secondly, the range I am looking at has an accessory 4 inch back guard that can be attached for these purposes. I'm not confident either will look good, but I have grown to really hate the look of the free standing ranges so I may take the plunge anyways.

I'll post some pics so you can tell me how good or bad it looks