Health & Fitness You're fat. Get skinny…

New Workout

Old 08-23-2005, 11:17 PM
giggity giggity giggity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Workout

I had 2 sessions with a personal trainer and I reccommend it to anyone who needs some guidance or is plateauing. He told me that I need to eat about 3k calories a day and about 1000 of them need to come from carbs. Also, I need about 140g protein/day. Need to eat a good breakfast and post-workout meal. This upcoming school year I am making my own meals, so I am going to be getting some good food in me instead of the cafeteria food

He put me on a new 4 day workout schedule. He also is working my muscles to failure rather than doing a couple sets with more left in me. I tell you, I am soo sore and I can feel the difference when I am concentrating on form and isolating the muscles.

I was doing 2 muscle groups/day, 3 sets each exercise, and about 5 or 6 exercises per muscle group. Now, I am doing 2-3 sets each exercise, 3-4 exercises each group, and still 2 groups a day. The plyometrics and freemotion machines, along with supersets, are killing me....and I love it

That is all.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HQuakers
... He told me that I need to eat about 3k calories a day and about 1000 of them need to come from carbs.

... The plyometrics and freemotion machines, along with supersets, are killing me....and I love it
3000 calories seems high. Are you trying to gain weight?

Also what are "supersets"
Old 08-24-2005, 11:13 AM
Suzuka Master

He put me on a new 4 day workout schedule. He also is working my muscles to failure rather than doing a couple sets with more left in me. I tell you, I am soo sore and I can feel the difference when I am concentrating on form and isolating the muscles.
No working to failure, no care. If you've got something left at the end of your workout you aren't lifting hard enough.

What are your goals, how tall are you, and how much do you weigh?
Old 08-25-2005, 11:05 AM
giggity giggity giggity

Originally Posted by SpeedyV6
3000 calories seems high. Are you trying to gain weight?

Also what are "supersets"
Yes and no. I am very light and I am trying to build lean muscle, while adding some pounds at the same time.

The superset I was talking about was doing a set of 12 reverse pulldowns (for triceps) using the cables. Then immediatley following rep #12, I put my hands on a bench and did a set of 12 dips. Did this 3 times and my triceps were DEAD.

Originally Posted by ABreece
No working to failure, no care. If you've got something left at the end of your workout you aren't lifting hard enough.

What are your goals, how tall are you, and how much do you weigh?
Yeah, I know. I would do about 5-6 exercises per muscle group. I would lift for over an hour, and feel great and like I had more in me. Part of the problem is I dont have anyone to lift with...so its myself pushing myself, which works only to a certain degree.

My goals are to build lean muscle, while gaining strength and some weight. I am just shy of 6ft tall and weigh in around 138lbs.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:35 AM
Suzuka Master

Yes and no. I am very light and I am trying to build lean muscle, while adding some pounds at the same time.

The superset I was talking about was doing a set of 12 reverse pulldowns (for triceps) using the cables. Then immediatley following rep #12, I put my hands on a bench and did a set of 12 dips. Did this 3 times and my triceps were DEAD.

Yeah, I know. I would do about 5-6 exercises per muscle group. I would lift for over an hour, and feel great and like I had more in me. Part of the problem is I dont have anyone to lift with...so its myself pushing myself, which works only to a certain degree.

My goals are to build lean muscle, while gaining strength and some weight. I am just shy of 6ft tall and weigh in around 138lbs.
Give 3000 calories/day a try, you might end up wanting to eat even more 6' @ 138 is really skinny.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:46 AM
Yeehaw

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts
6' 138lbs !!!

holy crap. my left thigh weighs 138 pounds

Good luck with the workouts dude, sounds like the PT really helped.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:09 PM
ric
Safety Car

Originally Posted by BEETROOT
6' 138lbs !!!

holy crap. my left thigh weighs 138 pounds

Good luck with the workouts dude, sounds like the PT really helped.
My sympathy to the skinny guy trying to bulk up. I'm, 6"-2" and 160-162, drinking a protein shake at night, and focusing on muscle bulk. Truth is, I'll never achieve pure bulk, but can get really clean definition........ and yep, the right personal trainer can make a world of difference. Wrong one...... lead you astray, but the right one can really contribute to a logical and thoughtful developmental process.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:56 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by ric
The right personal trainer can make a world of difference. Wrong one...... lead you astray, but the right one can really contribute to a logical and thoughtful developmental process.

Everything i post on this forum would be a million times easier to explain and demonstrate in person.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:56 PM
Suzuka Master

In the old days Batin Dean would be all over a thread like this. I wonder whatever happened to him?
Old 08-25-2005, 09:17 PM
giggity giggity giggity

Thanks everyone. Im trying..

Originally Posted by ric
My sympathy to the skinny guy trying to bulk up. I'm, 6"-2" and 160-162, drinking a protein shake at night, and focusing on muscle bulk. Truth is, I'll never achieve pure bulk, but can get really clean definition
Yeah. Its pretty much a given I won't eclipse 175 ever...genetics got me there. However, I am back on pretein (ON whey) as well as a lot of chicken and beef. Clean definition is fine by me!