Health & Fitness You're fat. Get skinny…

Need to get back down to around 210 lbs

Old 11-06-2005, 12:32 PM
Keeping emos out of

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Need to get back down to around 210 lbs

About 6 years ago, my measurements were aobut 6'0 210 lbs, and i put on about 20 lbs during that year. In September of this year, my weight reached a max of 243 lbs, and since that time, i've been on a diet and have been working out and have dropped 10 lbs. My eventual goal is to get down to around 210 lbs sometime in the spring of next year. To reach this goal, i've been consuming around 2000 calories per day, doing an hour of elliptical work 5 X per week, running 3 X per week and doing a bit of lifting. I've also been taking a GNC multi-vitamin and Kelp pills. The diet is not really bothering me that much except at night, when i get a case of the munchies at about 9 or 9:30. Other than that, everything is fine. My question is, is there anything else that i can do that will help me to get the weight off quicker or should i just maintain and try to keep my target date of Spring 2006?
Old 11-06-2005, 01:55 PM
Suzuka Master

:ibwhiskers:
Old 11-06-2005, 04:57 PM
Go Giants

Received 1,232 Likes on 822 Posts
I posted how I lost 90 lbs in 9 months here:

https://acurazine.com/forums/health-fitness-34/whiskers-weight-loss-advice-thread-319921/

I personally would spend more time doing cardio (opposed to weights) until you are at your goal weight.

Try going for a jog at night, this will get your mind off food. For snacks, try light popcorn or Wasa crackers with Salsa.
Old 11-06-2005, 05:02 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When do you do your cardio?
The best time would be right when you wake up on an empty stomach.

To help with your cravings at night, when you feel them come on, try to do something quickly, like maybe go for a ride in your car, or go for a walk or do something. Cravings usually subside in 20 mins or so, and if you can keep your mind off of your hunger you will be rewarded with a sexy body
Old 11-06-2005, 05:03 PM
Banned

Lifting weights is good too because more muscle will help increase your metabolism and if you are continually eating the same amount of food, a faster metabolism will in turn help you lose weight quicker
Old 11-06-2005, 05:09 PM
Go Giants

Originally Posted by NBP_TSXY
When do you do your cardio?
The best time would be right when you wake up on an empty stomach.

To help with your cravings at night, when you feel them come on, try to do something quickly, like maybe go for a ride in your car, or go for a walk or do something. Cravings usually subside in 20 mins or so, and if you can keep your mind off of your hunger you will be rewarded with a sexy body
Night cardio for me helped with my cravings, plus it really doesnt matter when you do it.
Old 11-06-2005, 05:11 PM
Go Giants

Lifting weights is good too because more muscle will help increase your metabolism and if you are continually eating the same amount of food, a faster metabolism will in turn help you lose weight quicker
I would say to concentrate on cardio until he is down to goal weight.
Old 11-06-2005, 05:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Whiskers
Night cardio for me helped with my cravings, plus it really doesnt matter when you do it.
Um it completely matters when you do cardio or working out in general. If you want the best, quickest, results: times of the day and meals are helpful.

Morning cardio is the BEST because your body will start burning or "using" its stored food (i.e. fat, muscle, etc.) for energy. Once you eat, put anything in to your body, your body FIRST uses what you just put into it for energy and then after it goes into stored areas, which is why at night may not be the BEST> Of course it is still better than nothing, but the best, would be what I mentioned.

(When I say morning cardio, this is when you first wake up and do cardio on an EMPTY stomach). Again, you want to do the cardio ASAP when you wake up because it is also not good to not eat breakfast. You want to eat as soon as you can after waking up but if you are doing cardio, you need to eat after the cardio.
Old 11-06-2005, 05:26 PM
Go Giants

^^I lost 90lbs doing cardio at night. Again, I did it because of a) my schedule and b) it stopped my from eating late at night.
Old 11-06-2005, 05:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Whiskers
^^I lost 90lbs doing cardio at night. Again, I did it because of a) my schedule and b) it stopped my from eating late at night.
I know you lost the weight and I think its awesome
I do think though you could have lost it even faster if you did it in the morning. I dont know what your schedule is? I guess the morning thing wouldnt work for people who work opposite schedules and work late night shifts for a living.

If this guy is able to do cardio in the morning, that would be a good time for anyone. A nice walk at night will stop him from eating late and will also give him a little cardio (without over doing it) on top of running or what he could do when he wakes up.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:01 AM
Keeping emos out of

I know you lost the weight and I think its awesome
I do think though you could have lost it even faster if you did it in the morning. I dont know what your schedule is? I guess the morning thing wouldnt work for people who work opposite schedules and work late night shifts for a living.

If this guy is able to do cardio in the morning, that would be a good time for anyone. A nice walk at night will stop him from eating late and will also give him a little cardio (without over doing it) on top of running or what he could do when he wakes up.
Cardio in the morning is not an option for me because of work and becaue I'm a diabetic. I've worked out before on an empty stomach and the results are not pretty (passed out once, almost passed out a few otehr times). I usually head to the gym between 3 and 5 pm and spend about 1 1/2 hours there. For the late night snack cravings, I've been trying to stick to either fruit or half of a powerbar and about a liter of water, which usually gets me through it.

Last edited by goose25; 11-07-2005 at 08:05 AM.