Health & Fitness You're fat. Get skinny…

HEY EVERYONE! LOOK AT MY TRICEP!

Old 03-13-2006, 10:35 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking good RMATIC!! You got a sick peak on your biceps, I can never get that. I guess it's mostly genetics. What exercises you do for your biceps? I've read that concentration curls help the peak, but my biceps seem to be long but no peak.

And to those of you who think asking for pics is gay, you've got it all wrong. Go to any fitness forum, a real one...And just look...

Pics are inspiring and motivating. Also helps people see progress as well as critcism for improvement.

BTW Speedy, why don't you post a pic...I'm sure you have a rock hard body Or are you to cool to post pics?

Last edited by r3mix3r; 03-13-2006 at 10:40 PM.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:56 PM
Race Director

yea forget it r0dxx, seems as though unless your a serious lifter, or at least interested in bobybuilding principles posting pictures is gay.

r0dxx my arms have always been big to begin with, even if i weighed 140, its a genetic thing. I dont do many sets for them, maybe 7-9 tops.

My 3 main lifts for them though are barbell curls, with a warmup, 1-2 very heavy sets although with good form, and then i have some slow negatives with very slow tempos.

preacher curls, , and either dumbell curls, hammer curls, or cable curls.

Everything outside those movements just becomes redundant.

And the towel is orange dipshit.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:04 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by r0dxx
....And to those of you who think asking for pics is gay, you've got it all wrong. Go to any fitness forum, a real one...And just look...

Pics are inspiring and motivating. Also helps people see progress as well as critcism for improvement.

BTW Speedy, why don't you post a pic...I'm sure you have a rock hard body Or are you to cool to post pics?
Quit fantasizing about my body. I'm too straight to seek adulation from a bunch of guys drooling at my half naked body.

My guess is that you are well on your way to becoming one of the creepy naked guys who spend way too much time loitering around the men's locker room butt nekkid in the vain hope that other guys will notice you. This is by far the gayest thread evAr on AZine.

btw even though young tl is gay, his posts don't even come close to being as :ghey: as your thread. This thread actually makes all those posts by leghumpers asking any women on this board for pics seem somehow much less annoying.

Last edited by SpeedyV6; 03-13-2006 at 11:07 PM.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:23 PM
It's Major. Boy.

And to those of you who think asking for pics is gay, you've got it all wrong. Go to any fitness forum, a real one...And just look...

r0dxx is right. Haven't you guys ever seen a bodybuilding show, fitness magazine, been to the gym or beach, etc.? Some of the people responding to this thread need to lay off the Haterade.

How about being a little more supportive?

r0dxx and RMATIC, good work boys.

Last edited by roughrider; 03-13-2006 at 11:28 PM.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:51 AM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by fdl
Got any pics of your triceps?
No, it's too sad to even take a picture of. In a picture it just looks like nothing, but in person you can see a bit of definition. I feel ashamed of myself for being so weak after 7 years of lifting.

Here's a grainy bicep shot though. My huge 13" guns...

Old 03-14-2006, 06:03 AM
Race Director

Originally Posted by SpeedyV6
Quit fantasizing about my body. I'm too straight to seek adulation from a bunch of guys drooling at my half naked body.

My guess is that you are well on your way to becoming one of the creepy naked guys who spend way too much time loitering around the men's locker room butt nekkid in the vain hope that other guys will notice you. This is by far the gayest thread evAr on AZine.

btw even though young tl is gay, his posts don't even come close to being as :ghey: as your thread. This thread actually makes all those posts by leghumpers asking any women on this board for pics seem somehow much less annoying.

you have problems. Apparantly your so insecure about your own sexuality that your freaking out over people who share similar lifting interests.

Its not a big deal, you dont have to join the AZINE bandwagon and call every thing that involves a man without a shirt gay.

If you have a problem with this thread, theres a simple way to solve it, dont post in it.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:04 AM
Race Director

Youngtl nice, if you wanna get bigger, you have to eat more, plain and simple.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:17 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by RMATIC09
you have problems. Apparantly your so insecure about your own sexuality that your freaking out over people who share similar lifting interests.

Its not a big deal, you dont have to join the AZINE bandwagon and call every thing that involves a man without a shirt gay.

If you have a problem with this thread, theres a simple way to solve it, dont post in it.
Exactly. First of all I didnt name the thread "HEY EVERYONE! LOOK AT MY TRICEP", one of the mod's changed it.

Second of all I've realize most guys like you that are so homophobic, scared of being remotely open...Turn out to be a guy just waiting to come out of the closet.

I bet me, and RMATIC, without a doubt get more pussy then you.

Last edited by r3mix3r; 03-14-2006 at 09:19 AM.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:18 AM
Suzuka Master

Youngtl nice, if you wanna get bigger, you have to eat more, plain and simple.
Very well said. It's all about calories in and calories out. I hear alot of people say I can't get any bigger, blah blah blah. You just gotta up the calories.

Youngtl, Do you have any idea how much your current calorie intake is right? Maybe today or tommorow you can list your whole days worth of food and we can tell you about how much your really eating, and what you need to add.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:23 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by roughrider
r0dxx is right. Haven't you guys ever seen a bodybuilding show, fitness magazine, been to the gym or beach, etc.? Some of the people responding to this thread need to lay off the Haterade.

How about being a little more supportive?

r0dxx and RMATIC, good work boys.
Thanks for the compliment. That's what this sport/hobby/lifestyle is all about.

Pick up a FLEX magazine...The whole magazine is 1/2 naked guys in little speedo's and to be honest I don't find it gay at all. Maybe if I was sitting there whanking off to it, it would be a different story.

So the people who dont like seeing the pics...What happens when you go to the beach? Do you close your eyes when a muscular guys walks by?

Man some people piss me off.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:49 AM
I

Received 58 Likes on 24 Posts
Since when is posting pics :theghey:

It seems like half of you people have not been to the gym, or the locker rooms. On any other fitness forum this would have been a good thread (with the old title), but it looks like this "fitness forum" is only good for fat overweight people giving advice about how to lose weight.

Anyway, nice work for the two guys who posted pics.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:52 AM
I

You really have to be insecure to be thinking that this is :ghey: It's a fitness forum, so what's wrong with posting pics of the progress...
Old 03-14-2006, 10:31 AM
Suzuka Master

Exactly. First of all I didnt name the thread "HEY EVERYONE! LOOK AT MY TRICEP", one of the mod's changed it.
Good edit.

Second of all I've realize most guys like you that are so homophobic, scared of being remotely open...Turn out to be a guy just waiting to come out of the closet.

I bet me, and RMATIC, without a doubt get more pussy then you.
Posting the pic on AZ under some other title may not have been completely ghey. Posting it on your myspace page is kinda :theghey: though.

I'm guessing that some of the people posting in this thread are so open-minded that they wouldn't even think of themselves as gay even though they fellate one another. As long as they have a a "girlfriend" the occasional bout of oral sex with guys can't possibly make them gay. Yeah right!

fwiw narcissism and homosexulaity are closely connected. Narcisissim and bodybuilding are completely intertwined.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:52 AM
Race Director

Old 03-14-2006, 11:29 AM
Suzuka Master

...BTW Speedy, why don't you post a pic...I'm sure you have a rock hard body Or are you to cool to post pics?
Anyway, I'm not going to rain on anyone's parade. So here's wishing you the best r0dxx.

I hope you get the thread full of "rock hard" semi-nude AZ male members that your heart desires.

And I promise I won't breathe another word about how incredibly and obviously gay all these pics are.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by SpeedyV6
Good edit.

Posting the pic on AZ under some other title may not have been completely ghey. Posting it on your myspace page is kinda :theghey: though.

I'm guessing that some of the people posting in this thread are so open-minded that they wouldn't even think of themselves as gay even though they fellate one another. As long as they have a a "girlfriend" the occasional bout of oral sex with guys can't possibly make them gay. Yeah right!

fwiw narcissism and homosexulaity are closely connected. Narcisissim and bodybuilding are completely intertwined.
??

Do you have any idea what you're talking about? I work out with my friend Tina, and when she shows me her muscles, I'm not getting excited by it at all. It's more like a work of art. That's the same way that straight guys should view another guy whose body is a work of art.

And since when are gay or lesbian people narcissistic? I don't know any lesbians that are. Some gay guys are perceived as such because we have the body image culture forced upon us by our peers. Everything is about who can look the hottest, and that causes us to spend a little more time making sure we look as good as we can because the competition is tough. You're lucky. There's always more women around. But the supply of gay men is limited, and the best ones always get taken first. So excuse me for wanting to stay competitive.

I'm pretty sure that r0dxx and RMATIC aren't fantasizing about other guys. I'm getting pissed off at this attitude that girls should take their clothes off and guys should keep them on. From a non-sexual perspective, a man and woman's bodies are equally nice, but in different ways. Please respect that.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:49 PM

Very well said. It's all about calories in and calories out. I hear alot of people say I can't get any bigger, blah blah blah. You just gotta up the calories.

Youngtl, Do you have any idea how much your current calorie intake is right? Maybe today or tommorow you can list your whole days worth of food and we can tell you about how much your really eating, and what you need to add.
Morning:

-2 bowls of Shreddies (2 cups each + 500mL 1% milk per bowl)
-protein shake after the gym
-cup of yogurt

Lunch:
-chicken breast (leftover from last night)
-4 eggs

I'll keep you posted on the rest when I get home late this evening.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:16 PM
Race Director

are u eating before you workout?
Old 03-14-2006, 03:03 PM
registered pw

Received 354 Likes on 252 Posts
Originally Posted by youngTL
-protein shake after the gym

is that a dirty protein shake? before or after his shower?
Old 03-14-2006, 11:33 PM

are u eating before you workout?
Yeah, I had the cereal in the morning. Then I went to workout, then I had the shake and class (in which I ate the yogurt).

And after lunch I had some cheese and sausage on crackers as a snack, and some almonds (about a handful's worth).

After that I had 2 hotdogs for supper. Then I drank another protein shake and had a glass of lemonade.

I drink water all day sipping it.

That's what I ate.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,854 Likes on 14,002 Posts
Just a thought. I know to build muscle it is important to have lots of protein...however, too much of it (i.e. youngTL's diet) also seems harmful to the liver.

Because of this, I ingest much lower quantities of meat and protein products and if I do, it's often fish or tofu (and occasionally chicken breast) in moderate servings...and of course, the trade-off is that I'm not very big...the definition is there, but not the size.

So, just throwing it out there for discussion...thoughts?
Old 03-14-2006, 11:51 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

youngtl's diet is not harmfull to the liver. why would you think that
Old 03-14-2006, 11:52 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

And after lunch I had sausage (about a handful's worth).

After that I had 2 hotdogs for supper.

Old 03-14-2006, 11:57 PM
werd

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
how the hell are you guys so lean?
Old 03-15-2006, 12:27 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by fdl
youngtl's diet is not harmfull to the liver. why would you think that
Isn't too much protein harmful to the liver...?
Old 03-15-2006, 12:27 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by amisconception
Combo of diet and exercise...There's no secret to it.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:30 AM
Bye Bye CL!!!

Originally Posted by Yumchah

Too much of anything can be harmful to the human body as far as supplements go...moderation is the key. Of course an active person who is in the gym religiously putting in time and work would need higher amounts of Carbs, protein, etc. If someone is just sitting on there ass like a dildo they shouldn't be sucking down protein shakes...you should be taking what your body is going to use, which would differ from person to person depending on fitness levels, goals, blah blah blah
Old 03-15-2006, 06:36 AM
Race Director

I would say i ingest a large amount of protein, and i cab bet r0dxx does to.

I am extremely active, i lift 4-5 times a week, i do cardio, and i do bruce lees JKD, even without the cardio and JKD the weight lifting alone is extremely demanding on the body.

I actually had all my blood tested almost a year ago (ive been lifting for almost 4-5 years) and everything was normal, kindy, liver, etc, .

Also, i never touch alcohol, maybe 2-3x a year.

The key to being lean is in the kitchen.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:18 AM
Suzuka Master

I would say i ingest a large amount of protein, and i cab bet r0dxx does to.

I am extremely active, i lift 4-5 times a week, i do cardio, and i do bruce lees JKD, even without the cardio and JKD the weight lifting alone is extremely demanding on the body.

I actually had all my blood tested almost a year ago (ive been lifting for almost 4-5 years) and everything was normal, kindy, liver, etc, .

Also, i never touch alcohol, maybe 2-3x a year.

Yes. Right now I have about 250g/protein a day, and I'm perfectly fine. I as well got everything tested by a doctor full blood work, and everything was perfect.

I haven't even really done cardio in 3-4 months...What RMATIC said:

Alot of people have a misconception. They think if they do a "high rep sets", which in actuality don't help you get more ripped then low rep sets. Also they up the cardio. Well uping the cardio will definitely help, but it's really all about diet.

My main focus has always been diet. Alcohol as well is poison for bodybuilders, it's hard being 20 and not drinking, but I get by. Usually I opt to be the designated driver since most of my friends are the drunks.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:21 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Yumchah
Ehhh, I hear if you drink enough water, you are fine...I drink way over a gallon a day so I think I'm in the clear.

I try not to worry about every little thing "they" say.

They say eating too much tuna is bad cause of mercury.
They say too much red meat bad cause of cholestrol.
They say blah blah blah.

You start eating carrots, then they'll say they cause cancer. I guess we gotta die somehow lol.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:22 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by amisconception
Real clean diet, controlled portions, and some working out
Old 03-15-2006, 09:30 AM
Suzuka Master

Yeah, I had the cereal in the morning. Then I went to workout, then I had the shake and class (in which I ate the yogurt).

And after lunch I had some cheese and sausage on crackers as a snack, and some almonds (about a handful's worth).

After that I had 2 hotdogs for supper. Then I drank another protein shake and had a glass of lemonade.

I drink water all day sipping it.

That's what I ate.
First of all. Cereal is not a breakfast. I don't care what anyone says.

You have hopefully been sleeping for 7+ hours and your body is in a catabolic state. It's been fasting for 7 hours or more. It's dieing for protein.

If you are gonna stick to cereal, mix it with 1 cup of milk, and 1 scoop of whey protein (it's actually pretty good). Also what kind of cereal is this? (please dont say cocoa puffs)

Two hotdogs for dinner? I mean that's good if your a little kid...BUT your not gonna gain mass with a dinner like that.

"And after lunch I had some cheese and sausage on crackers as a snack, and some almonds (about a handful's worth)."

What did you have for lunch? Or was this lunch? Your on the right track with the almonds, very good fat. I don't know about the cheese and sausage though.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:01 AM
registered pw

Received 354 Likes on 252 Posts
[QUOTE=r0dxx]First of all. Cereal is not a breakfast. I don't care what anyone says.

QUOTE]
tell that to my stomach
Old 03-15-2006, 10:12 AM
I

Cereal is like eating candy. (most of them) I would stick to Oatmeal. I don't like oatmeal too much, so I eat it dry, tastes much better that way. Try to stay away from processed food as much as you can.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:58 AM
It's Major. Boy.

Alot of people have a misconception. They think if they do a "high rep sets", which in actuality don't help you get more ripped then low rep sets. Also they up the cardio. Well uping the cardio will definitely help, but it's really all about diet.

My main focus has always been diet. Alcohol as well is poison for bodybuilders, it's hard being 20 and not drinking, but I get by. Usually I opt to be the designated driver since most of my friends are the drunks.

Seriously bro, that's the problem with general public. They think it's all about the new exercise gizmos on TV. I wake up at 6:30AM and watch TV for a few minutes before I do my morning cardio. You'd be amazed at how many infomercials are on at that time selling the ab lounge, bow-flex, vitamins, books, and all this other crap. People don't realize that proper diet is the KEY factor when trying to get into shape.

I also don't drink. My friend doesn't either. I think some young people realize that alcohol is not part of a healthy diet or lifestyle.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:16 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by roughrider
Seriously bro, that's the problem with general public. They think it's all about the new exercise gizmos on TV. I wake up at 6:30AM and watch TV for a few minutes before I do my morning cardio. You'd be amazed at how many infomercials are on at that time selling the ab lounge, bow-flex, vitamins, books, and all this other crap. People don't realize that proper diet is the KEY factor when trying to get into shape.

I also don't drink. My friend doesn't either. I think some young people realize that alcohol is not part of a healthy diet or lifestyle.
Yep.

This is a good example:

You can do 1000 crunchs a day, if you eat fruit loops every morning with a bagel and cream cheese, you'll never get abs unless you have an insane metabolism which 90% of us don't.

People think that doing abs gets you abs. You can have a 6 pack, and not ever do a crunch in your life.

It's much better to eat perfect, and not work out...Then to eat crap and workout. Atleast your not wasting your time in the first scenerio and you will still look good. I love the people who workout 5 days a week bust there ass, and go out to eat every night.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:03 PM
Race Director

If anyone wants some good healthy foods , just ask.

For bfast i always eat oatmeal, if you dont like the bland taste, throw in maybe some cinamon, maybe 1 splenda.

Personally, i like throwing in some natural penutbutter, stirring it up, and having some ON whey with water.

Before bed, try having a slow digesting protein, i opt cottage cheese w/ low sodium. Stir in some natty PB, and some fiber one, maybe a tad of banana, and its pretty damn good, regardless of how it sounds.

Everything is about moderation.

Hotdogs? dont touch the stuff...cereal is useless unless its bulk of calories is not derived from processed high fructose corn syrup.

Heres a good list of some nice healthy foods i recommend.

tuna fish
grilled chicken ( i eat this ALOT)
fish
steak, i dont eat to much of it, but every now and then its good.
egg whites
cottage cheese/milk

oatmeal (make sure its not the sugary kind)
whole weat pasta
brown rice
organic, yeast and gluten free WHOLE WEAT bread (Youll have to search hard for this one)
fiber one
veggies are good to fill you up, and get you those nutrients, but they generally dont have many calories.

Natural PB, or Almond butter
omega fats (fish..)
Flax seeds
almonds
cashews (although almonds are a better choice)

*note-most nuts are very calorie dense, so if your looking to pack on the lbs, they can be your friend. Throwing in 10-15 nuts a few times a day will defintely help you add some extra calories.

Im probably missing some other good ones...just named those off the top of my head.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:32 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes. Right now I have about 250g/protein a day, and I'm perfectly fine. I as well got everything tested by a doctor full blood work, and everything was perfect.
how do you get that much protien a day? I started drinking protien shakes but got sick of them really quick.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:40 PM

If anyone wants some good healthy foods , just ask.

For bfast i always eat oatmeal, if you dont like the bland taste, throw in maybe some cinamon, maybe 1 splenda.

Personally, i like throwing in some natural penutbutter, stirring it up, and having some ON whey with water.

Before bed, try having a slow digesting protein, i opt cottage cheese w/ low sodium. Stir in some natty PB, and some fiber one, maybe a tad of banana, and its pretty damn good, regardless of how it sounds.

Everything is about moderation.

Hotdogs? dont touch the stuff...cereal is useless unless its bulk of calories is not derived from processed high fructose corn syrup.

Heres a good list of some nice healthy foods i recommend.

tuna fish
grilled chicken ( i eat this ALOT)
fish
steak, i dont eat to much of it, but every now and then its good.
egg whites
cottage cheese/milk

oatmeal (make sure its not the sugary kind)
whole weat pasta
brown rice
organic, yeast and gluten free WHOLE WEAT bread (Youll have to search hard for this one)
fiber one
veggies are good to fill you up, and get you those nutrients, but they generally dont have many calories.

Natural PB, or Almond butter
omega fats (fish..)
Flax seeds
almonds
cashews (although almonds are a better choice)

*note-most nuts are very calorie dense, so if your looking to pack on the lbs, they can be your friend. Throwing in 10-15 nuts a few times a day will defintely help you add some extra calories.

Im probably missing some other good ones...just named those off the top of my head.
This is a lot better than my diet. The cereal I ate was shreddies. ugh. Gotta start myself eating better if I want to make any progress.
Old 03-16-2006, 06:31 PM
It's Major. Boy.

Originally Posted by danny25
how do you get that much protien a day? I started drinking protien shakes but got sick of them really quick.

You can easily do it with 5-6 meals, planned evenly throughout the day. 3 solid meals and 3 protein shakes. Eat every 2.5-3 hours. So eat a solid meal for breakfast, 2.5-3 hours later, drink a protein shake, 2.5-3 hours later, eat another solid meal for lunch, etc. so on and so forth.

solid, liquid, solid, liquid, solid, liquid

6oz of chicken breast has over 50g of protein. Check out www.calorieking.com to check various food macros you might be interested in.

Quick Reply: HEY EVERYONE! LOOK AT MY TRICEP!