Health & Fitness You're fat. Get skinny…

buh-bye motivation

Old 12-08-2008, 02:16 PM
i like it dark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
buh-bye motivation

i have absolutly no motivation to get in the gym lately...i have been going but havent been doing too much lifting...if anything i'll shoot around (basketball) for a little while, and then get a very, very moderate workout in

not liking it b/c i am losing some of my mass but staying cut...im the type of guy that doesnt lift for a week and loses 3-4 lbs...my doc says that my body doesnt want to get as big as my mental wants it to get so the minute i stop building muscle, my body just starts eating at it

what do you cats do when you're feeling like you're in a rutt and want to climb out and get it going again?

sincerely,
bored at work
Old 12-08-2008, 02:22 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts
Just start lifting hard again, make it a routine, after a few weeks you'll be fine, just push yourself.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:24 PM
Have camera, will travel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honestly, I just go. I've been lifting/working out for 25 years now, and if I had a nickel for every time I didn't want to go to the gym I'd be a rich man. I've found that if I just get into the gym and start, I'm fine, even if I feel wiped out.

In fact I've had some of my best days in the gym when I've felt like that. Your situation is a little different because you are in the gym, but I suggest just getting going on your lifting routine. Once you start you won't want to stop, I'd guess. So much of it is just habit.

As far as being in a rut, when it comes to lifting and I feel like that, I just switch up the routine and try to make it fresh. Try something totally different from what you've been doing, try some new excercises.

Good luck.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:48 PM
I'm Down Right Fierce!

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
^

waTSX speaks the truth. Start the work out and you'll get back into it. 99% of lifting is discipline.

What I suggest is try mixing in different things: different work outs and supplements.

For myself, I try different types of proteins and energy supplements - it tricks me into thinking that I need to work out for 8 weeks more to see results. And usually, I do see results at the end.

And nothing wrong with B-ball. I Love basketball but can't play as much as I'd like to do these days. Used to play for my University's practice squad. Since tearing my achillies and since starting at the law firm, I rarely get to play anymore.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:16 PM
Team Owner

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts
I need motivation to get in the gym period.

Right now all I do is run in the neighborhood.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:41 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,304 Likes on 958 Posts
I'd switch it up. Are you feeling lethargic?
Old 12-10-2008, 04:41 AM
Feenin on some 20's

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
might sound weird, but honestly. i look at the WOMEN at the gym. Especially the ones that are well built with a tight fit body. the ones that wear clothes that fit like a goddam glove.. they are the motivators cuz if they can do it, i know i can as well. And just don't give up..

Weird thing is, i used to just give up on school work once i knew i couldn't figure it out, till i started workign out. I never gave up on workign out and when i was about to give up on schoolwork, i went back to the mentality that if i can see improvements with my body, i can do it with my schoolwork as well if u tried and not give up. the two and two got me to put myself together. Crazy, but so true.

look around the gym and see what motivates you.. whether it be the hot body females or even the dudes with nice ass bodies.. find something that keeps u goin.. After not giving up and seeing results, it really helped also. Seeing results just got me to keep on goin.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:35 AM
Q('.')=O

Received 720 Likes on 520 Posts
Originally Posted by ILLustriousUA6
might sound weird, but honestly. i look at the WOMEN at the gym. Especially the ones that are well built with a tight fit body. the ones that wear clothes that fit like a goddam glove.. they are the motivators cuz if they can do it, i know i can as well. And just don't give up..

Weird thing is, i used to just give up on school work once i knew i couldn't figure it out, till i started workign out. I never gave up on workign out and when i was about to give up on schoolwork, i went back to the mentality that if i can see improvements with my body, i can do it with my schoolwork as well if u tried and not give up. the two and two got me to put myself together. Crazy, but so true.

look around the gym and see what motivates you.. whether it be the hot body females or even the dudes with nice ass bodies.. find something that keeps u goin.. After not giving up and seeing results, it really helped also. Seeing results just got me to keep on goin.
They don't motivate me, I just tend to stare at their tight bods every chance I get

From me, my motivation came on just the fact that I know I can be in better shape than I was and if you don't put any effort into it, then you won't see results. The women there were kinda like an incentive to go cus b/w every work out you know you have some eye candy to look at lol.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:49 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,304 Likes on 958 Posts
You need some monster roided guys to go in and lift disgusting weight. You may feel inadequate and limp but it will motivate you to lift harder.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:03 PM
werd

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I'm in a position where I need to switch gyms because my gym is male-dominated and I can't stand working out while 99% of the people in the gym are male. It just ruins some of the appeal for me.

Maybe you need fresh eye candy at your gym like I do? Hot girls are pretty motivational.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:05 PM
¿baCon?

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ILLustriousUA6

+1.

if the women dont help, get on a testosterone maximizer, when you feel that pump, and your arms are stretching out of your skin you'll want to lift your ass off.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:13 PM
i like it dark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by swoleCL
+1.

if the women dont help, get on a testosterone maximizer, when you feel that pump, and your arms are stretching out of your skin you'll want to lift your ass off.
the gym im at now isnt really a main stream gym such as some of you might belong to...brand new equipment with an old fashioned membership commitee...used to like it more b/c it was easier to concentrate on my lifting, guess i gotta go back to LA fitness for a little while

and with the testosterone maximizers, buuahahaha i love em and all but my girl was getting a little angry at the fact that i was basically humping her leg all day every day...been in the gym this week and have been hitting it hard, still playing ball too, feeling pretty good

thanks fellas
Old 12-10-2008, 03:06 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts
Good to hear
Old 12-10-2008, 05:14 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just GO! Lucky for me, i'm a fireman, so i have a really nice gym at my work! So that helps, nothing beat getting paid to play with big toys and work out!

When ever i feel like shit i just take a look at my self and see i'm makin progress and reaching my goals, and if i want to continue, i need to get off my ass and go!