Sponsored by: DashLynx

Palladium Metallic or Polished Metal

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 12:42 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Palladium Metallic or Polished Metal

Hey guys,
Today I drove and loved the TL with tech package and can not decide between these two colors: Palladium and Polished Metal with Ebony leather.
My current car is black and I'm tired of the scratches and swirl marks.
Would Polished Metal show swirl marks that much? If not I'll prefer it over the Palladium which is really NOT a true silver like the Accord silver color. It has some Champagne in it or something. Needless to say, I'm having a hard time deciding.
Also, on the lighter colors like the Palladium and Pearl White, I noticed the bumper color is different than the body color. As compared to the Accords which are all parts are exact match in color. I had my wife and even the sales person confirm this on at least four silver and white ones.
Your thoughts?
Old 04-07-2009, 08:00 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love my Polished Metal with Ebony. I haven't noticed any scratches and it does hide the dirt pretty well.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:36 AM
Intermediate

Both of my old BMWs I recently traded on the 4G TL were their Sterling Grey color which is almost identical to the Polished Metal Metallic and that color did not show swirl marks. As another reader posted, it also hid dirt really well. I only went with Grigio because the last several cars I've owned were that medium grey or silver and I wanted a change.

On another note, I too have seen the difference in color on some of the platic parts. When I was waiting to take delivery of my car, I looked over a white 4G TL in the showroom that had about 10K in accessories on it, including the whole underbody ground effects parts. I noticed that the white on the plastic parts had a little bit of yellow in it, not a perfect match. Even the rear deck spoiler which houses the back-up camera (not dealer installed) had an off-white look to it.

Anyway, it sounds like you want Polished Metal Metallic as your first choice, go for it, you will not be disappointed.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:24 AM
Instructor

I prefer the Palladium over the Polished Metal. That's just my I think that the car looks much classier with the Palladium as opposed to the Polished metal. However, you wouldn't go wrong either-way. Get that 4G bro, and be happy
Old 04-07-2009, 11:34 AM
Instructor

Paladium just clashes with the chrome on the car...I would go PMM.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:01 PM
5th Gear

Thanks guys, I'm leaning towards Polished Metal so I'll go look at them again today.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:42 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by DallasRL
Hey guys,
Today I drove and loved the TL with tech package and can not decide between these two colors: Palladium and Polished Metal with Ebony leather.
My current car is black and I'm tired of the scratches and swirl marks.
Would Polished Metal show swirl marks that much? If not I'll prefer it over the Palladium which is really NOT a true silver like the Accord silver color. It has some Champagne in it or something. Needless to say, I'm having a hard time deciding.
Also, on the lighter colors like the Palladium and Pearl White, I noticed the bumper color is different than the body color. As compared to the Accords which are all parts are exact match in color. I had my wife and even the sales person confirm this on at least four silver and white ones.
Your thoughts?
SILVER is the best to cover swirls, dirt and other things, seeing as Acura ditched a real silver this year the next best would be Palladium Metallic. I find all the other colors too dark and White too boring. One thing I did notice is all the 4G colors look bad in cloudy overcast weather, but do look good in bright sunshine.

You'll see over the last 10+ years I have owned nothing but silver cars...
(6 of them Acuras)

http://www.pbase.com/kluken/my_cars
Old 04-07-2009, 05:55 PM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
How is Palladium different from silver?

Originally Posted by KeithL
...seeing as Acura ditched a real silver this year the next best would be Palladium Metallic.

http://www.pbase.com/kluken/my_cars
Hi Keith,

How does Palladium differ from silver? Is it darker? Or? How is it different?
Old 04-07-2009, 06:12 PM
Instructor

Palladium Metallic is an awesome color. It is a very reflective light silver. I have noticed several times as my wife has been driving the car away that Palladium color tone seems to reflect surrounding colors. Some days she drops me off at work. There are "tan/sand" colored sidewalks and I would swear the color of the car is light tan. The other day when she dropped me off the sun was rising and the sky was black, dark blue and brilliant pink and the car really looked pink. I love Palladium Metallic and my bumpers do not appear to be a different color. Acura uses the color in a lot of its advertising...
Old 04-07-2009, 06:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ostrich
Hi Keith,

Ostrich, Palladium picks up a bit of a champagne/sand color to it when it's sunny out and a little grey tint to it when cloudy. Where as last year's silver (Alabaster) was a purer silver and seemed it bit brighter.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:22 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by ostrich
Hi Keith,

PM is more a muted color, ironically ina ll the pics on the Acura web site it looks more silver than it is. To me it is Silver with aotuch of biege/gray shade. It looks real good in sunliggt but looks much duller in overcast weather. I almost passed on TL since the firt few times I went to see it the weather was overcast or twilight. When I saw PM i the bright sunlight it looked nice. It is no where near as good as the 3G Alabaster Silver. I suspect they didnt; want to have a silver that was too close to the Grille Color. I hope they bring back a real silver. I liked the Acura Alabaster Silver, follwed by the Geneis Silver and then the Infiniti Liquid Platinum (which is very brilliant and almost oo much, needs more richness to it). The thing that sold me on this car was ride of the AWD, otherwise I woudl have been in a G37 or Genesis since both look leaps better than the 4G.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:35 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
For me, I like them both, but the Polished Metal is more unique... while the Paladium is not a true silver as many have noted, to me, it looks closer to the plethora of other silver cars, whereas thee polished metal seems to fill a niche between silver and charcoal grays out there.

You'll be happy with either I presume, but the Polished Metal also offers another interior option if you go AWD (the umber/ebony combo, which is awesome to me)... good luck on your choice!
Old 04-07-2009, 11:00 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts
PMM

The bumper mis-match thing has been going on for at leat 5 years, maybe longer.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:22 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Bearcat94
PMM

The bumper mis-match thing has been going on for at leat 5 years, maybe longer.
Actually most of the 4G cars and colors I have seen the color match is much better than the 3G was
Old 04-08-2009, 09:53 AM
I feel strongly both ways

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Count me as anothedr for the Palladium Metallic. It think it's awesome and it does the ebst to mute the somewhat "over the top" front fascia. I think it's quite telling that Acura uses it almost exclusively in their ads. Don't get me wrong, the Polished metal mateallic is a nice enough color, but the clash between it and the front grill is a bit startling, as it is with any of the other darker colors.

Go with your gut though, you're the one who's going to live with it.

Good luck in whatever decision you reach, it's an awesome car.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:20 AM
Intermediate

Love my Palladium. Was waiting for Polished Metal to come in - dealer called me when a brand new Palladium came off a truck - went down to see it - fell in love - no regrets - right choice for me...
Old 04-08-2009, 04:12 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by PsychDoc
I think it's quite telling that Acura uses it almost exclusively in their ads.
Problme is on their web site it looks much more brilliant silver than it does in t he real world, I wish it looked liek the shots on the web site!
Old 04-17-2009, 10:40 AM
Cruisin'

I too had a very difficult time deciding on PM and PMM, had to go back 2 times to look at it.

What made the decision for me was when the PM was in the sunlight, very reflective, didnt make the front grill standout so much and not your typical plain silver color.

Traded in my 04 TL and picked up the AWD w/Tech this past Tuesday, loving every minute of it.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:02 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by 5Zigen
I too had a very difficult time deciding on PM and PMM, had to go back 2 times to look at it.

What made the decision for me was when the PM was in the sunlight, very reflective, didnt make the front grill standout so much and not your typical plain silver color.

Traded in my 04 TL and picked up the AWD w/Tech this past Tuesday, loving every minute of it.
I have the same car and love it! Can't wait to get my windows tinted.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:00 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 5Zigen

Good choice! (of course I'm biased...) Congratulations!
Old 04-18-2009, 09:08 AM

Palladium rocks. Looks really nice with the taupe interior. The "beak" blends in almost unnoticably. Very masculine, aggressive looking car, the TL.

Well, I'm off the the NYC car show; I'll let you guys know how the Acura area holds up. Can't wait to see the ZDX in the flesh.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:08 AM
User-approved

What PsychDoc said. Palladium makes the schnoz on my TL far easier to stomach and that goofy silver vee on the rear blends in better. The specular highlights in various light conditions are very interesting. I get a lot of long looks when I'm out and about. One guy in a 540i circled my car 3 times in the Menards parking lot just checking it out.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:52 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by GearDriven
Paladium just clashes with the chrome on the car...I would go PMM.
I can't agree more ...
Old 05-01-2009, 06:04 PM
Instructor

does anyone of a pic of polished metal with the umber interior?
Old 05-01-2009, 10:00 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by silver01cltypes
does anyone of a pic of polished metal with the umber interior?
sorry I don't, but I can tell you it's gorgeous combo... I almost got it, but liked the grigio ever so slightly more... polished metal with umber is my clear and close 2nd fav combo.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:04 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by tm86it
sorry I don't, but I can tell you it's gorgeous combo... I almost got it, but liked the grigio ever so slightly more... polished metal with umber is my clear and close 2nd fav combo.
Personally, I think Umber is the worst interior color ever. Some people really like it I guess, but to me I don't want to be sitting on a pumpkin all day.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by yngdiego
Personally, I think Umber is the worst interior color ever. Some people really like it I guess, but to me I don't want to be sitting on a pumpkin all day.
I agree, but for a different reason. The interior of the TL is very achromatic and it's designed to be so. The umber, with it's brown/orange cast clashes rather strikingly with the rest of the interior. Thus, while I really like the umber in and of itself, I'm not sure it really "goes" with the rest of the car's interior.
Old 05-02-2009, 05:02 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by PsychDoc
I agree, but for a different reason. The interior of the TL is very achromatic and it's designed to be so. The umber, with it's brown/orange cast clashes rather strikingly with the rest of the interior. Thus, while I really like the umber in and of itself, I'm not sure it really "goes" with the rest of the car's interior.
Well, FWIW, everyone who's gotten in my car has commented how great the leather seats look (without prompting of course from me). I can see why you might say what you did, but the feedback I've gotten has been 100% positive, and not to mention, the black leather shows too much dust and crumbs, and here in SoCal with all the sun we get, it's also quite hot.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by tm86it
Well, FWIW, everyone who's gotten in my car has commented how great the leather seats look (without prompting of course from me). I can see why you might say what you did, but the feedback I've gotten has been 100% positive, and not to mention, the black leather shows too much dust and crumbs, and here in SoCal with all the sun we get, it's also quite hot.
Like I said, I really adore the umber color - in and of itself. I just think it's a kind of harsh transition from the car's achromatic interior to the umber color. I agree with you about black leather interiors. I had one in my '07 ES350. It got brutally hot in the summer and showed every bit of dirt. That's why I went with the taupe interior for my car.
Old 05-12-2016, 10:35 AM
1st Gear

Palladium silver

I have 2010 tsx on palladium silver and its very good at hiding swirl marks and light dust/dirt. I'm tired of blacks. After owning two black cars. Palladium shines under sunlight. Has a nice beige tone after sunset.