New owner of a 2010 TL SH-AWD

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 09:05 AM
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by liquidneon
All that is missing is the tints. Still looking for a good place in the west end (Toronto).
Debating between Krown (Lakeshore) and Cobra.

If anyone has any recommendations for a place, or has any experiences with either of these two, please let me know.

Thanks!
Cobra: "Tinting of that vehicle would cost $229.95 + applicable taxes
We offer a lifetime warranty on both the material and labor, and use SunTek's Carbon series tint."

thoughts?
Old 06-17-2014, 09:13 AM
Racer

Cobra: "Tinting of that vehicle would cost $229.95 + applicable taxes
We offer a lifetime warranty on both the material and labor, and use SunTek's Carbon series tint."

thoughts?
Krown Lake shore uses Suntek sunguard - charge $249.99
Wondering which I should go for...

any assistance appreciated!
Old 06-17-2014, 01:13 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
looks nice goodluck with it. just make sure to check the oil level from time to time.
The following users liked this post:
liquidneon (06-18-2014)
Old 06-17-2014, 05:59 PM
Drifting

Received 672 Likes on 542 Posts
All that is missing is the tints. Still looking for a good place in the west end (Toronto).
Debating between Krown (Lakeshore) and Cobra.

If anyone has any recommendations for a place, or has any experiences with either of these two, please let me know.

Thanks!
Never dealt with either.

However, i had my car done at Lazer Tint in Woodbridge and i am very pleased with the quality of their work.I did the Pinnacle Formula 1 ceramic tint and it is considered to be among one of the best tint available.

Auto Links is another highly regarded shop and is usually cheaper for the same brand of tint i used.

Nice to see another modded WDP in Toronto .
liquidneon (06-18-2014)
Old 06-18-2014, 08:01 AM
rock the block

Received 143 Likes on 116 Posts
Originally Posted by KarKraze
Never dealt with either.

However, i had my car done at Lazer Tint in Woodbridge and i am very pleased with the quality of their work.I did the Pinnacle Formula 1 ceramic tint and it is considered to be among one of the best tint available.

Auto Links is another highly regarded shop and is usually cheaper for the same brand of tint i used.

I have the same ceramic tint - absolutely love it! Now that summer has hit I can confirm that it is very effective at keeping the heat down in my car too.
Old 06-18-2014, 08:10 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by lift3d_
I have the same ceramic tint - absolutely love it! Now that summer has hit I can confirm that it is very effective at keeping the heat down in my car too.
How much did you guys pay and where did you get it done? (Lazer tint for Karkraze... lift3d?)

Right now I'm scheduled with Cobra for SunTek's Carbon series. I'm paying $230+ tax and it's also relatively close and convenient for me.

If you guys paid a similar price for
Pinnacle Formula 1 ceramic tint I will make the drive to Woodbridge or wherever I need to. Less interested if it's like $300+ AND i have to drive. Please let me know!
Old 06-18-2014, 09:49 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by lift3d_
What I really like about it is the clarity when driving at night.

How much did you guys pay and where did you get it done? (Lazer tint for Karkraze... lift3d?)

Right now I'm scheduled with Cobra for SunTek's Carbon series. I'm paying $230+ tax and it's also relatively close and convenient for me.

Pinnacle Formula 1 ceramic tint I will make the drive to Woodbridge or wherever I need to. Less interested if it's like $300+ AND i have to drive. Please let me know!
I paid $340 but I was told that I over paid by members here, Auto Links usually does the same tint cheaper. I did not know that at the time mine was done.
liquidneon (06-18-2014)
Old 06-18-2014, 10:47 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by KarKraze

have any pics of your front end. I'd like to see what you've done with your grill. I'm pretty happy with the stock grill, but am curious what others are doing.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:46 PM
rock the block

I went to Image1 in Kitchener (corner of Strasburg and Bleems), paid $425 with HST included.
liquidneon (06-18-2014)
Old 06-18-2014, 06:37 PM
Drifting

have any pics of your front end. I'd like to see what you've done with your grill. I'm pretty happy with the stock grill, but am curious what others are doing.
You can check out my build thread,lots to read lol.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...832308&page=17.
liquidneon (06-19-2014)
Old 06-23-2014, 06:36 AM
Racer

Got the Suntek Carbon GXP 18% done Saturday morning... went in there FULLY intending to get 35%... then at decision time bailed and got 18s haha... it looks beautiful on the WDP! Dark as F... hope I don't get too much heat from the cops.

Did any of your tint guys do the sunroof as well? Or just the 4 windows+rear? Would have been nice to also get the sunroof done. I never thought to ask.

Furthermore, some motherf****r hit my car Saturday night downtown on the Gardiner my girl's back driver-side rear door, fender, rim, and skirts are scratched up. NOT pleased. Other guy's fault entirely. I spoke to my insurance and they recommended I go to Assure body shop... it's apparently the one Acura recommends as do they. They'd better do a hell of a job.
Any tips/suggestions/advice? All help appreciated!
Old 06-25-2014, 01:02 PM
Instructor

Received 76 Likes on 46 Posts
Here's my girl:
Not sure if you noticed this as others didn't: your headlights and taillights are not stock. Both have been opened and custom painted. The headlights (silver trim bezel) have been painted black (with the ridges left silver) and the taillights (silver trim) has been painted black too. You may also have TSX-R lenses in the headlights; could have upgraded bulbs too.

Got the Suntek Carbon GXP 18% done Saturday morning... went in there FULLY intending to get 35%... then at decision time bailed and got 18s haha... it looks beautiful on the WDP! Dark as F... hope I don't get too much heat from the cops.

Did any of your tint guys do the sunroof as well? Or just the 4 windows+rear? Would have been nice to also get the sunroof done. I never thought to ask.

Furthermore, some motherf****r hit my car Saturday night downtown on the Gardiner my girl's back driver-side rear door, fender, rim, and skirts are scratched up. NOT pleased. Other guy's fault entirely. I spoke to my insurance and they recommended I go to Assure body shop... it's apparently the one Acura recommends as do they. They'd better do a hell of a job.
Any tips/suggestions/advice? All help appreciated!
Congrats on your tint, I would have went with the darker of the two too (18% over 35%). My sunroof is tinted but not very much, I want to retint it (with 5% to keep the sun/heat out).

That sucks someone already hit your car, it was so clean!

It seems like he hit the rear quarter panel? I'd try to get the insurance company to replace (not repair depending on how bad everything is):
-quarter panel
-rear door skin (if door internals are still structurally sound)
-rim
-sideskirt
liquidneon (06-26-2014)
Old 06-26-2014, 05:27 AM
Drifting

Happy to hear you are pleased with the tint.

Sucks that someone hit your ride,wherever you take your car make sure you inspect it thoroughly after it is completed for body panel alignment,color match,smoothness of body panels,orange peel etc.
liquidneon (06-26-2014)
Old 06-26-2014, 07:07 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Skier4lyfe303
Not sure if you noticed this as others didn't: your headlights and taillights are not stock. Both have been opened and custom painted. The headlights (silver trim bezel) have been painted black (with the ridges left silver) and the taillights (silver trim) has been painted black too. You may also have TSX-R lenses in the headlights; could have upgraded bulbs too.

Congrats on your tint, I would have went with the darker of the two too (18% over 35%). My sunroof is tinted but not very much, I want to retint it (with 5% to keep the sun/heat out).

That sucks someone already hit your car, it was so clean!

It seems like he hit the rear quarter panel? I'd try to get the insurance company to replace (not repair depending on how bad everything is):
-quarter panel
-rear door skin (if door internals are still structurally sound)
-rim
-sideskirt
whoa... those aren't stock!?!? I def had no idea! Thank you for the info. I will have to compare mine to stock 2010s (not a great deal of them around).The bulbs were replaced back to OEM by the dealer (both headlight and fog lights) to pass the Acura-certified unit standards.

And yeah, very upset the car was hit... luckily the damage isn't too major. All 6 of those parts are scratched - not dented. I already asked if they can just replace all 6... they said not even one of them NEEDS to be replaced so they can't do it... They'll just sand it down and repaint which actually brings down the value of my car of course. I'll press them again.

here's a pic of the damage. somehow the other guy's 02 Sentra was in MUCH worse shape.
Attached Thumbnails New owner of a 2010 TL SH-AWD-img_20140622_090647-marked.jpg  
Old 06-26-2014, 07:52 AM
rock the block

awesome to hear about the tint, glad you ended up going darker. I have 15% and haven't even noticed a cop looking at me yet haha.

SO SHITTY to hear about the damage though, you were still in your honeymoon stage with the TL too! so undeserved, sorry bud.

as many have mentioned, do a thorough inspection before and after, take photos and compare before and after from different angles.

i laughed when you mentioned his Sentra being in rough shape, at least he got what he deserved
liquidneon (06-26-2014)
Old 06-26-2014, 10:07 AM
Cruisin'

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Congrats on the ride and welcome to Acurazine!
liquidneon (06-26-2014)
Old 04-22-2015, 01:36 PM
Racer

Got a chance to get her detailed this past weekend. Here are some pics:

nice n clean

my fav angle 1

my fav angle 2

LED license plate lightnice n

love the rear

colour matching front grille is a consideration going fwd

To all the real drivers out there!
(not 6MT but close enough haha)
Old 04-22-2015, 01:39 PM
Racer

Hmm last 2 pics didn't work for some reason. Here they are again:

colour matching front grille is a consideration going fwd

To all the real drivers out there!
(not 6MT but close enough haha)
Old 04-22-2015, 02:23 PM
Drifting

Looking sharp .
Old 04-22-2015, 02:52 PM
Drifting

Received 241 Likes on 165 Posts
Wow Liquidneon this is a very useful thread, some cool stuff I didn't know about in here. .
I'm a white guy but I'm not a "white" guy but I think your car looks great.
I also love the shirt button. Good stuff man !
Old 04-22-2015, 06:01 PM
Drifting

Received 565 Likes on 364 Posts
Love the cuff links. Need a 6MT version.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:35 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by SilverJ
Wow Liquidneon this is a very useful thread, some cool stuff I didn't know about in here. .
I'm a white guy but I'm not a "white" guy but I think your car looks great.
I also love the shirt button. Good stuff man !
Haha I was fully expecting a reply RE: the cufflinks from SilverJ.