Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 05:34 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just bought my first acura TL !! :) Need Advice

Hello,

I just bought a acura TL 2012 and I love it, it has 40k miles on it

question is

The armwrest leather near my side has bubbled and it is really annoying and I hate it.

Does warranty cover that? How do I take advantage of all the warranties and checkouts? Do I just go to acura and the do it for free?

What do they call it when they check the entire car and will they fix the bubbling in the armwrest for free since it is under 50k miles?

Any advice please help and I love the acura btw did I already say that haha
Old 09-04-2015, 03:40 PM
Keeping TL until 2029

Received 125 Likes on 108 Posts
Wear & Tear...so no. You can probably ask dealer on 'options'.
Old 09-11-2015, 06:00 PM
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If you bought it from a dealer, I would try to have them repair it. I don't imagine it would cost them much but it would make you a happier customer and a decent dealership would understand that.
Old 09-14-2015, 09:38 AM
Drifting

Received 234 Likes on 162 Posts
Go to the dealer you bought it from, like NOW. If they don't fix it , it is unlikely another one would. This is borderline good will for them to fix it.
Old 09-25-2015, 04:33 PM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverJ
Go to the dealer you bought it from, like NOW. If they don't fix it , it is unlikely another one would. This is borderline good will for them to fix it.
I agree, You'd be amazed at what dealers will agree to if you ask and provide a little pressure. It wont always work, but the worst they can say is no.
Old 10-11-2015, 10:53 AM
Banned

I just bought a used 2012 TL and noticed on the front driver's side door and rear passenger's side door that the leather trim on the door itself where the leather tucks into the plastic trim around the edges has came out. I am unsure whether this material is held by glue, pressure, or stitching but would Acura consider this usual wear & tear also? I could glue the leather back into the plastic trim but I don't want to risk damaging the leather since I got the car just a week ago!
Old 10-11-2015, 12:00 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by apokhvalit
I just bought a used 2012 TL and noticed on the front driver's side door and rear passenger's side door that the leather trim on the door itself where the leather tucks into the plastic trim around the edges has came out. I am unsure whether this material is held by glue, pressure, or stitching but would Acura consider this usual wear & tear also? I could glue the leather back into the plastic trim but I don't want to risk damaging the leather since I got the car just a week ago!
I would think Acura would consider it wear and tear, maybe try a test spot with the glue?
Old 10-11-2015, 12:23 PM
Safety Car

Received 833 Likes on 581 Posts
My 2012 TSX Wagon was purchased CPO. It had a scratch on the steering wheel, leather wear on driver side seat, and some marks on arm rest.

My dealer (after 3 months of purchase) provided:
New Steering wheel
New matching leather for driver seat
new armrest

They showed it done under CPO warranty (on paperwork) so its all good as new
Old 10-12-2015, 12:12 PM
Keeping TL until 2029

Received 125 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by 2012wagon
My 2012 TSX Wagon was purchased CPO. It had a scratch on the steering wheel, leather wear on driver side seat, and some marks on arm rest.

My dealer (after 3 months of purchase) provided:
New Steering wheel
New matching leather for driver seat
new armrest

They showed it done under CPO warranty (on paperwork) so its all good as new
Awesome!
Old 10-21-2015, 07:24 PM
Banned

Update on my problem! I went to the dealership and got my transmission fluid changed and the battery replaced. While I was there I showed them the issues I previously posted about (leather trim on door ripped out) and they took a few pictures of it and sent it to their engineers someplace. I get a phone call a few days later saying the Acura technicians will fix my problem! The part that shocked me however was that they weren't going to glue the small piece back in, but instead they decided to replace both door panels entirely for free! Acura service = the best! I strongly suggest going and asking about your situation also!
Old 10-22-2015, 11:37 AM
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by apokhvalit
Update on my problem! I went to the dealership and got my transmission fluid changed and the battery replaced. While I was there I showed them the issues I previously posted about (leather trim on door ripped out) and they took a few pictures of it and sent it to their engineers someplace. I get a phone call a few days later saying the Acura technicians will fix my problem! The part that shocked me however was that they weren't going to glue the small piece back in, but instead they decided to replace both door panels entirely for free! Acura service = the best! I strongly suggest going and asking about your situation also!

wow! That's great to hear. Gluing it wouldn't have been the right way to do it. It might have stuck but wouldn't look right. If it failed at any time you would have been extra pissed about the half assed work and most likely pissed at the dealer and never gone back. They did the right thing by replacing the parts.

Never be too afraid to ask. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take!
Old 10-22-2015, 03:34 PM
Drifting

Received 554 Likes on 387 Posts
Originally Posted by ITSJESTER
I agree, You'd be amazed at what dealers will agree to if you ask and provide a little pressure. It wont always work, but the worst they can say is no.
Originally Posted by PaulAWD
Never be too afraid to ask. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take!
This! I was actually the first 4G CBP TL on AZ to get the full repaint due to the crows feet. I emailed the dealership when they had the car and kindly asked if they would throw in the OEM aero kit at no charge due to the fact I had just purchased the car (CPO mind you) and would be without it for nearly a month while also taking a hit in the value. They emailed me back within 30 minutes and said consider it done. This wasn't even the dealership I bought the car from!

So yes, it never hurts to ask.
Old 10-22-2015, 05:05 PM
Drifting

Received 234 Likes on 162 Posts
Originally Posted by ucf_bronco
This! I was actually the first 4G CBP TL on AZ to get the full repaint due to the crows feet. I emailed the dealership when they had the car and kindly asked if they would throw in the OEM aero kit at no charge due to the fact I had just purchased the car (CPO mind you) and would be without it for nearly a month while also taking a hit in the value. They emailed me back within 30 minutes and said consider it done. This wasn't even the dealership I bought the car from!

So yes, it never hurts to ask.
Cool story bro ! Really. That's great service.