Old 11-22-2005, 03:47 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'd like to order a dozen of these.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:21 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 04_tsx
update... my key will be here tommorow can someone confirm that the USDM Accord Key/remote can program to the TSX???
I PM'd you back.

Doing the turkey thing with the family, so I'm tied up for this week.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:46 PM
Instructor

hey man, what do i need to send you? does it have to be the orginal key? or can you use a copy or something? i'd like to do more than one, also will this mod allow the window to open/close?
Old 11-23-2005, 04:15 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Sebo
hey man, what do i need to send you? does it have to be the orginal key? or can you use a copy or something? i'd like to do more than one, also will this mod allow the window to open/close?
I'll send you the details via PM, but yes to the ope/close question.
Old 11-27-2005, 10:19 PM
Cruisin'

Update on my USDM key the honda tech has offered to do the programming for free for my TSX as he said he has no idea if this would work therefore he wants to test it. My guess is the Key will program fine as Virus and Moda_way has mentioned. Thanks for your help I will keep you updated on how it goes.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:02 PM
Instructor

Hello all! This is coming way TOO late but being in and out of the country creates a bit of havoc. I must say, this has to be the best MOD I've seen in a long time. Money well spent! Its such a great mod that when I took the TSX to get some warranty work, the service rep and manager was passing the key to everyone at the dealership, hahahaha! They couldn't believe it worked. I might have to get "wifey's" key and have it modded for a XMAS gift. Thanks again Ryan!
Old 11-29-2005, 05:30 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by 04_tsx
My guess is the Key will program fine as Virus and Moda_way has mentioned. Thanks for your help I will keep you updated on how it goes.
It will program just fine. Glad to hear you have one of those dealerships willing to do the chip programming.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:36 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by GrOD
Hello all! This is coming way TOO late but being in and out of the country creates a bit of havoc. I must say, this has to be the best MOD I've seen in a long time. Money well spent! Its such a great mod that when I took the TSX to get some warranty work, the service rep and manager was passing the key to everyone at the dealership, hahahaha! They couldn't believe it worked. I might have to get "wifey's" key and have it modded for a XMAS gift. Thanks again Ryan!

You're very welcome!!
Old 01-10-2006, 03:05 AM
9th Gear

I just got my key fob modded by moda_way. It looks great! Great communication from start to finish.

Here's a picture with a logo I made:

I made "TSX" a little too big so it is a cut-off a bit at the bottom.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:31 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Lagasi
I just got my key fob modded by moda_way. It looks great! Great communication from start to finish.

Here's a picture with a logo I made:

I made "TSX" a little too big so it is a cut-off a bit at the bottom.
I think it is official, Lagasi is the first 2006 TSX with a modded key!!
Old 01-10-2006, 11:51 AM
9th Gear

Oops, here the pic with the link to the full size pic.

Old 01-30-2006, 11:38 AM
Burning Brakes

Thumbs up Wow

Okay I met up with the KeyMaster this past Saturday, since he only lives about 30min away, and had him do this mod for me. Not only is he a great guy and did a fantastic job on the keymod, he also let me drive his car!!! My car is still stock, so I got to see how a modded TSX felt and now I really want to start modding out my car right away!

Thanks a ton Ryan!! YOU THE MAN!!!
Old 01-30-2006, 12:28 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by CKcentral
Okay I met up with the KeyMaster this past Saturday, since he only lives about 30min away, and had him do this mod for me. Not only is he a great guy and did a fantastic job on the keymod, he also let me drive his car!!! My car is still stock, so I got to see how a modded TSX felt and now I really want to start modding out my car right away!

Thanks a ton Ryan!! YOU THE MAN!!!

No prob!! It was fun to mod a key with someone I can talk to about TSXs. Normally I'm out there doin it by myself... not to mention the Skyline was a good treat.

It was cool to meet you to!!

For those that don't know, Skyline = an Ohio only treat... it is a chili like no other, served on pasta or a mini hot dog.
Old 01-30-2006, 02:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by moda_way
No prob!! It was fun to mod a key with someone I can talk to about TSXs. Normally I'm out there doin it by myself... not to mention the Skyline was a good treat.

It was cool to meet you to!!

For those that don't know, Skyline = an Ohio only treat... it is a chili like no other, served on pasta or a mini hot dog.
Oh yes very good indeed!! BUT you forgot to mention the CHEESE!!! mmmmmmmmm CHEESE!

Old 01-30-2006, 03:22 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by CKcentral
Oh yes very good indeed!! BUT you forgot to mention the CHEESE!!! mmmmmmmmm CHEESE!

The only reason I would transfer back to Indy was because we have Skyline's over here also

Ryan I may have to hit you up soon for this mod. I bought an 06 Pilot w/ Navi over the weekend for the wife and that integrated key is killer!
Old 01-30-2006, 05:26 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by TSX_Road_Warrior
The only reason I would transfer back to Indy was because we have Skyline's over here also

Ryan I may have to hit you up soon for this mod. I bought an 06 Pilot w/ Navi over the weekend for the wife and that integrated key is killer!
Like it eh? Anytime man... just let me know when you want to visit.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:58 PM
TSX LOVER

hey moda, can u do one for me pls? I pmed u long time ago and u didn't replied me. i will pm u again. check pm!
Old 01-31-2006, 06:49 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by dondon
hey moda, can u do one for me pls? I pmed u long time ago and u didn't replied me. i will pm u again. check pm!
Replied!

That's odd, I don't recall getting a PM from you before. I always mark down ppl that asked me about this.
Old 02-07-2006, 01:38 PM
C'mon, man! Row yer own.

Just did this mod using moda's instructions and I love the Accord key vs. the dangling Acura fob. I hacked my immobilizer chip the first time through and had to use the valet key's chip as a fall-back, but it works terrific. If you're doing it yourself, pay close attention and be patient when whittling away the plastic of the key to get at the immob. chip.

It sure would be easier if the local dealership will re-program the chip that comes in the Honda key for you. If I do another key, I might see about that. Makes it a lot easier to do this mod.

Anyway, thanks, moda!
Old 02-07-2006, 02:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Couple things... I did my own key conversion a little while ago and only use it now, its wonderful.

Second, I now have a spare, blank immobilizer chip. Free to whomever needs it cause they 'hacked' up theirs (peter) Acura can program it for you, did mine for free. PM me if it can help you.

Third, I took lots of pictures when I did mine, and tried to come up with some tips and tricks to pass along. I've got a short write-up coming that's more like an addendum to Moda's instructions. I can post these if there's interest, but I really don't want to steal his thunder. I'm serious, its a great idea and he brought it to us all.

4th: to all those concerned, yes, you can EASILY program the lock/unlock/trunk/panic features yourself in about 45 seconds. instructions are available if you use the search, i think i searched the terms 'accord' and 'modification' and another key thread had it.

5th: does it bug the hell out of anyone else that you can't search 3 letter phrases, little useful things like "DIY key mod", "cai and sri", etc?

Old 02-07-2006, 02:53 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Reach
Couple things... I did my own key conversion a little while ago and only use it now, its wonderful.

Second, I now have a spare, blank immobilizer chip. Free to whomever needs it cause they 'hacked' up theirs (peter) Acura can program it for you, did mine for free. PM me if it can help you.

Third, I took lots of pictures when I did mine, and tried to come up with some tips and tricks to pass along. I've got a short write-up coming that's more like an addendum to Moda's instructions. I can post these if there's interest, but I really don't want to steal his thunder. I'm serious, its a great idea and he brought it to us all.

4th: to all those concerned, yes, you can EASILY program the lock/unlock/trunk/panic features yourself in about 45 seconds. instructions are available if you use the search, i think i searched the terms 'accord' and 'modification' and another key thread had it.

5th: does it bug the hell out of anyone else that you can't search 3 letter phrases, little useful things like "DIY key mod", "cai and sri", etc?

I wish I could take full credit, but it was a TL member that told us about it, I just documented it and offered to help if others were weary of doing it.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:04 PM
C'mon, man! Row yer own.

Originally Posted by moda_way
I wish I could take full credit, but it was a TL member that told us about it, I just documented it and offered to help if others were weary of doing it.
I can say from my experience that moda's going rate of $40 labor is very reasonable. From start to finish took me about an hour and, combined with the risk that he could damage someone else's key/chip, I found myself thinking I wouldn't do it for $40. Of course, I guess I did do it for $40, in a way . . .

Anyway, great mod.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:14 PM
She said: it's GINORMOUS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
$40 for labor?! what a deal!!

curry acura quoted me $49.99 just to friggin program the damn key. and that just 45 seconds of labor, we don't call them stealership for nothing...mofos! i love my key, this mod's priceless...
Old 02-07-2006, 08:12 PM
Banned

I am going to do this mod. Best local price I got is 42 bucks.

I called 3-4 Honda dealers in Washington. Called Bellevue, told the guy what I wanted, he said
the key is 52 bucks, but when I told him I found it cheaper online, he said I'll take 10 bucks off. I said ok, let me check other places.

Called Renton, he said 152 bucks for the key, and 100 to program it.

Called the other ones, said they dont sell keys like that, no one does.

So, going to buy the one from Bellevue
Old 02-07-2006, 11:10 PM
C'mon, man! Row yer own.

Look on eBay, they're about $20 w/ shipping. That's where I got mine, it is indistinguishable from brand new and works like a charm.
Old 02-08-2006, 05:01 AM
Suzuka Master

I've posted this before, but you can get the key from Majestic Honda for $40 shipped.
Old 02-08-2006, 05:04 PM
Advanced

I got my key from Moda about a week ago. I love it.. He was fast and kept me up to date with the process.
Old 02-08-2006, 05:13 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by ssmtsx
I got my key from Moda about a week ago. I love it.. He was fast and kept me up to date with the process.
It is definitely getting tougher as the weather has gotten cold, but I try. Glad you like it. Again, one of the better mods I have on the car.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:20 AM
John Starks - The Dunk

does the FCC ID matter with this mod?
Old 02-09-2006, 07:34 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by yuhoo22
does the FCC ID matter with this mod?
It does, but it can differ as well.... point being, you need the USDM Accord key from 2003-up. This mod will work for any TSX currently, but the 2006 will loose the auto-seat adjustment when unlocking the car with the fob. You can still press the memory button itself, but the function with the unlock of the car will no longer work.

If you have a specific car in mind, I know a bunch that this mod will not work for.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:51 AM
John Starks - The Dunk

Hey Ryan,

Thanks for the response. I have an 04 so I should be ok! Just trying to find a key off of ebay. Looking at the one below since he is local

don't know if I can do this or not (mods please delete the link if it is not allowed) Accord Key
Old 02-09-2006, 09:02 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by yuhoo22
Hey Ryan,

Thanks for the response. I have an 04 so I should be ok! Just trying to find a key off of ebay. Looking at the one below since he is local

don't know if I can do this or not (mods please delete the link if it is not allowed) Accord Key
Yep, that is the key you want.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:21 AM
Senior Moderator

I have to double check this on my car later, but I believe when I start my car, as long as it was in memory setting 1 (by pressing the button) from the last time I used it, it will continue to use setting 1 until the next time someone either presses button 2 or uses key fob number 2. This means that I can still utilize the custom MID settings and such from memory 1. The only difference is that if the car was in a custom seat position or memory 2, it won't reset to memory 1 automatically. Press the memory 1 button and you're set.

Someone call me out later on this to make sure I check
Old 03-13-2006, 11:06 AM
Racer

Hey, quick question, have any of you come across the Accord key with only 2 buttons? Missing the Trunk release i believe,

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...ayphotohosting

In my hastyness i purchased this one not noticing the 2 buttons as he also sells tghe one with 3 buttons... maybe its just a mistake pictures?
Old 03-13-2006, 11:21 AM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ooops!

Moda_way- I have yet to do this, but now that my keychain has taken on some new "friends" I need to make this big @$$ bulg in my pocket smaller.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:46 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by MTLer
Hey, quick question, have any of you come across the Accord key with only 2 buttons? Missing the Trunk release i believe,

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...ayphotohosting

In my hastyness i purchased this one not noticing the 2 buttons as he also sells tghe one with 3 buttons... maybe its just a mistake pictures?
Isn't that the same as the JDM version? I guess that's one JDMness you don't want.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:04 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by JTso
Isn't that the same as the JDM version? I guess that's one JDMness you don't want.
Can also be the one for the Honda Pilot.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:17 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
I've heard about this mod, but I've never seen this thread or had any idea moda way did this.

Interesting.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:36 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by dom
I've heard about this mod, but I've never seen this thread or had any idea moda way did this.

Interesting.
That's how I got the nickname "Key Master".

Old 03-13-2006, 01:58 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I am shocked, SHOCKED, that anyone would hack up their key in this manner. check & keys will be mailed tomorrow.

Quick Reply: DIY - TSX Fob Mod