HOW TO: Mirror Re-install

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 11:34 AM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HOW TO: Mirror Re-install

** my giant thorough post didnt autosave when my battery died so heres a brief overview. ask any questions ill be more than glad to help.

SO i recently tried to fix my mirror actuators and broke two driver mirrors and an actuator in the process.
To save your self some $$ and frustration i wanted to share a little trick i found super helpful when reinstalling the mirrors

There are 4 tabs you need to press into the actuator plate and it is a very tight fit.
Take a dremel and sand down the lower inside (closest to the window) tab and the mirror slides right in and hold very well.
Make sure to use a heat gun to make the adhesive tacky again and it makes for a super easy, stress-free, SECURE fit.

included are some pictures of the mirror and actuator (the driver actuator is like $85 shipped and i was pissed when i opened it to see what was inside)
in the attached pictures the tab with the RED circles/highlights are the one you want to make flush. the BLUE is other tab found on the same side. you can see its a small amount of material that you need to remove

Blue tab is the original untouched tab the red one is sanded smooth

Red circle denotes tab to sand smooth

Driver mirror and mount plate that is part of the actuator subassembly. theres a peg/pin that lines up with the hole in the mounitng plate.

Mirror actuator motor. central shaft broken (you can kinda see that) on removal

Power rails connected to 2 - 6V DC motors . this gear train is threaded in central axis of the circluar gear. This produces the up/down left/right movement of the mirrors. They work together so both motors must be operational.

inside and front cover of actuator housing