Display clock shows wrong time

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 06:46 AM
They walk among us...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Display clock shows wrong time

Hello all

I have an 07 Turbo and I noticed yesterday that when I got in the car after work, the time was not correct so I reset it (it was an hour + off). This morning when I got in it again for work, I noticed it did the same thing again and I had to reset it. I turned the car off and let it sit a minute and turned it back on and it was fine but I am thinking once I return after work it will be the wrong time again. DST doesn't end until November and it isn't in sync with that. I just came back from an Minder B1 check last week and my battery charge is fine, it only started yesterday.

Is this a fuse issue or something more fun that I will have to deal with? Thoughts?

Thanks
Old 09-27-2018, 11:03 AM
2006 NBP TL MT6/ 02TL-S

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
I thought the clock time was set/received through the GPS/Nav system.
However, there is an older, earlier date that daylight savings time use to started, and I've noticed one of my vehicles would change over on that day.
However, I thought the old date was the first Sunday in October or something like that. Is it exactly one hour it changes to?
Old 09-27-2018, 11:14 AM
They walk among us...

No it loses time so to speak. Yesterday when I got to my car it was 4:45 and the clock read 3:58. This morning when I got in my car it was 6:13 and the clock said 6:47. I looked at it yesterday and was confused for second because I thought time was frozen for it to be 3:58.

I am pretty sure when i get back to my car it will have an incorrect time showing as well.
Old 09-27-2018, 03:19 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 168 Likes on 140 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbon Pearl
Hello all

I have an 07 Turbo and I noticed yesterday that when I got in the car after work, the time was not correct so I reset it (it was an hour + off). This morning when I got in it again for work, I noticed it did the same thing again and I had to reset it. I turned the car off and let it sit a minute and turned it back on and it was fine but I am thinking once I return after work it will be the wrong time again. DST doesn't end until November and it isn't in sync with that. I just came back from an Minder B1 check last week and my battery charge is fine, it only started yesterday.

Is this a fuse issue or something more fun that I will have to deal with? Thoughts?

Thanks
First off, is your car equipped with nav? If yes, then the onboard GPS should sync the time and automatically account for daylight savings. Make sure in your clock settings that the correct timezone is selected. You also need to make sure you've chosen the correct daylight savings schedule.
Old 09-27-2018, 05:18 PM
They walk among us...

Yes I do have Navigation and I updated the disc in June. Nothing has changed on my DST settings and time zone. have not changed.I rarely go into these settings and I have not had my battery disconnected recently.

When I got to my car today, the time was correct.. This is the oddest thing. I will continue to keep an eye on it.. I just wondered if it is a fuse issue.
Old 09-27-2018, 05:49 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 168 Likes on 140 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbon Pearl
Yes I do have Navigation and I updated the disc in June. Nothing has changed on my DST settings and time zone. have not changed.I rarely go into these settings and I have not had my battery disconnected recently.

When I got to my car today, the time was correct.. This is the oddest thing. I will continue to keep an eye on it.. I just wondered if it is a fuse issue.
Go into your clock settings and take a picture of it. Then we can confirm that the settings are correct. Maybe they somehow got changed.