... but how will it drive?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 02:45 PM
'12 TL (prev '04 TSX 6MT)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
... but how will it drive?

Now we've seen pictures, feature lists, and engine specs. But how will it drive? The BMW X3 was praised for being more fun to drive, handling curves better than even the 3-series sedan. Will we see a similarly favorable comparison to the TSX?

I currently drive a 2004 TSX. A few years ago when I was doing my initial car shopping, I test drove a Honda CRV, but it felt very tall and that I couldn't corner well. The RDX will obviously be more tuned to performance driving, with SH-AWD, paddle shifters, etc. With the turbo-charged engine, it should be faster than my 6-spd TSX as well, but will it be as much fun to drive?
Old 01-19-2006, 04:43 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Count Blah
Now we've seen pictures, feature lists, and engine specs. But how will it drive? The BMW X3 was praised for being more fun to drive, handling curves better than even the 3-series sedan. Will we see a similarly favorable comparison to the TSX?
Where did you read that? Everything I read about the BMW X3 was relatively negative. I read reviews that mentioned its cheap, un-BMWlike interior and its overly stiff, punishing suspension in order to quell its natural instinct for body roll.

Originally Posted by Count Blah
I currently drive a 2004 TSX. A few years ago when I was doing my initial car shopping, I test drove a Honda CRV, but it felt very tall and that I couldn't corner well. The RDX will obviously be more tuned to performance driving, with SH-AWD, paddle shifters, etc. With the turbo-charged engine, it should be faster than my 6-spd TSX as well, but will it be as much fun to drive?
I don't think the RDX engine will disappoint but as with any SUV or CUV to get a sporty feel (less body roll) you have to stiffen the suspension. This is a common complaint of the BMW X3 and Infiniti FX35 and likely will be the same for the RDX. If Acura leaves a little softer then it won't handle like your TSX but will be a pleasant cruiser. It's very hard to please both desires.

As for the CRV handling, yes it feels top heavy compared to a car (TSX, Accord, etc) and I would expect the RDX to be less so but it will still feel like it has a noticably higher center of gravity.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 98AccordEx
Where did you read that? Everything I read about the BMW X3 was relatively negative. I read reviews that mentioned its cheap, un-BMWlike interior and its overly stiff, punishing suspension in order to quell its natural instinct for body roll.
I don't think I've read a positive review for the X3 yet. I'd actually be curious if anyone has one I can read.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:46 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 996 Likes on 530 Posts
Please remember that the RDX is intended for cruising around town to get groceries and not blasting around the race track in search of pole position. The RDX's suspension will be tailored more toward a smooth ride than maximum performance. If performance handling is desired, then any SUV is not for you.
That said, SH-AWD is an amazing technology and I suspect that the RDX's handling will pleasantly surprise more than a few people.
Old 01-22-2006, 07:47 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by hondamore
Please remember that the RDX is intended for cruising around town to get groceries and not blasting around the race track in search of pole position. The RDX's suspension will be tailored more toward a smooth ride than maximum performance. If performance handling is desired, then any SUV is not for you.
That said, SH-AWD is an amazing technology and I suspect that the RDX's handling will pleasantly surprise more than a few people.
I don't quite agree. I think the suspension will lean more toward a sporty feel than a smooth ride. That's how most [if not all] Hondas are. They handle a little on the sporty side compared to their respective competition. I think the RDX is no different. Sure, it's not going to handle like a sports car. But it will handle as well as, or better than most SUVs on the market.
Old 01-29-2006, 01:56 PM
fap fap fap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
i hope it handles as well as the infiniti fx.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:24 PM
Aint Doing Sh*t

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
That would be nice. All I am hoping that it's somewhat comparable in sportiness to the TSX.