Anyone with "buyer's remore" with RDX?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 12:34 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone with "buyer's remore" with RDX?

It has been almost two month since the sale of RDX and I was just wondering if anyone regrets the purchase of his or her RDX. Please give reason as to why and why not. THX.
Old 10-05-2006, 01:08 PM
WayTooManyAcuras

Received 481 Likes on 223 Posts
No regrets. I just think there are a few things that should have been standard in the "Tech Package" RDX that are not there. Auto-Hatch up from remote, windows down from remote, memory seats.

Still, it's a nice machine, if maybe priced a bit too high. I think the 07 resale value will not be so good.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:04 PM
Intermediate

From a driving standpoint, it is probably one of the best vehicles I have owned from a fun-to-drive perspective. The suspension is a little harsh at times , but overall it's a great vehicle .

From a value standpoint , it may be overpriced considering the oversights . But what else can you buy for less than $50,000 canadian (tax in)that is loaded with so many techno toys, AWD ,and great performance ?

I looked at the Lexus RX330,RX400H , IS250AWD ,Infiniti G35AWD,and the Infiniti FX35/45 .I am glad I waited for my RDX .
Old 10-05-2006, 02:08 PM
Instructor

Good points made with value assessment.
I have been looking into RX330, FX35, Subaru, X3 and even discounted MDX but none of them offered the combination of comfort/cargo space/quality sound-Nav system/fun-to-drive factor like RDX at that price. My only reservation is with the engine's logivity.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:16 PM
Racer

Yes, the Tech Package fell way short of my expectations. It's still a good car but it not something I plan to keep more than a year or 2. I'm going to the dealer this weekend to get a refund for my extended Acura Care.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:32 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by SolidState
Yes, the Tech Package fell way short of my expectations. It's still a good car but it not something I plan to keep more than a year or 2. I'm going to the dealer this weekend to get a refund for my extended Acura Care.

If that is the case, what would you have bought with the same amount of money that you spent on the RDX?
Old 10-05-2006, 03:16 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No remorse for me. Although I liked my FX35, I actually found myself looking forward to driving the RDX yesterday after being away for a week.

Fun, fun, fun.
Old 10-05-2006, 03:36 PM
Intermediate

No.
Old 10-05-2006, 04:18 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by gomboy60
If that is the case, what would you have bought with the same amount of money that you spent on the RDX?
FX35.
Old 10-05-2006, 04:51 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by SolidState
FX35.
Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places, but I found that a new FX35 equipped comparably to an RDX Tech was not comparably priced.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:18 PM
Advanced

the only remorse i have is that i dont get to drive my rdx as much as i want to...
Old 10-06-2006, 12:15 AM
Advanced

when I shopped a 05 Fx a couple years ago, it was easy to negotiate below invoice. Which put a well loaded FX35 for 40k...ok thats 2k over the RDX MSRP, but many are buying with small discounts so its a fair comparison. Im glad i didnt get the FX, it hasnt aged well at all.
Old 10-06-2006, 07:02 AM
Dennis

Not being at all fond of SUVs, I wanted the smallest sportiest one available within my price range. I got it.
Old 10-06-2006, 08:55 AM
Base RDX - Carbon Pearl

Rdx

Originally Posted by Flamesfan
From a driving standpoint, it is probably one of the best vehicles I have owned from a fun-to-drive perspective. The suspension is a little harsh at times , but overall it's a great vehicle .

From a value standpoint , it may be overpriced considering the oversights . But what else can you buy for less than $50,000 canadian (tax in)that is loaded with so many techno toys, AWD ,and great performance ?

I looked at the Lexus RX330,RX400H , IS250AWD ,Infiniti G35AWD,and the Infiniti FX35/45 .I am glad I waited for my RDX .

Totally agreed. The decision for Canadian buyer could be totally different than those folks in US due to two major reasons:

1) Exchange rate applied by different manufacturer. For RDX in Canada, they are using US$1 to CAD1.24, which is not bad as comparing to other brands which could go use 1.5 or above (talking about another 25% markup). So, when we convert FX35, RX350 or X3 into Canadian, they are way above the price we paid for RDX, and become not a compatible models for us to consider.

2) Weather, in Toronto, we have a long winter (7 months or so), and lots of raining days. So, I guess a SUV would be my only choice. Note: When I was in California, I didn't think of buying a SUV at all. A convertible would be better
Old 10-06-2006, 09:29 AM
Instructor

No remorse here. I had to drive a loaner 06 MDX and a TL after I bought my RDX. Both of them paled in comparison to the RDX. They both felt dated and just lacking what the RDX had in general. The only thing I probably should have done was tried to get a better lease deal. But on the other hand, no one else has actually come out and said what they're paying for their lease.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:20 AM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by gomboy60
It has been almost two month since the sale of RDX and I was just wondering if anyone regrets the purchase of his or her RDX. Please give reason as to why and why not. THX.
Idler Pulley noise

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a 2007 RDX, purchased August 5th,2006 and it was probable the first RDX the dealer sold. There is a constant noise that resonates into the passenger compartment (Which, by the way is very annoying). The Acura Technicians and the regional manager believe the noise comes from an Idler pulley? tensioner and the belt. They refuse to change any pulleys or the serpentine belt in order to possible rectify the problem, because they feel that this is a coherent problem with all the RDXs, and that it just seems that the noise is much more apparent in my RDX than others. Again let me clarify that I have probable had my RDX longer than most, I ask them to possible check on the quality control of the pulley or idler(tensioner) from the various manufactures that Acura uses to see if they had any Quality control problems. Again the the regional manager refused to follow-up with this request. Basically he is saying to me that I have to live with noise problem because it is not generating a mechanical problem effecting the performance of the car,thereby Totally disregarding the customers concerns and dissatisfaction with the quality of Life issue with the RDX.
There was a preious post about 3 weeks ago where one of the discussions was talking about a problem with a water pump bolt not be torqued properly, hsa anyone else follow-up on this issue, possible there may be a connection, that is generating this high pitfhed pulley noise. any and all comment would be appreciated. I hae been to the service department 4times in three weeks without any resolution. Please help. let me further explain that this noise is constant, whether the A/C is on or off, rRPM speed does not seem to increase the noise

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 10-09-2006, 05:29 PM
Base RDX - Carbon Pearl

Fx35

Originally Posted by Flamesfan

A bit off topic, but this can explain why canadian will buy RDX instead of FX35/45.
I just checked the FX35 base price, it is CAD$54,900. CAD$14,000 more than a RDX base (CAD$41,000). Simply not a compatible model for me. I would stick with my RDX

Note: FX45 Base: CAD$ 62,800 FX45 Tech: CAD$69,400. With 14% sales tax and $1,500 destination charges, it will be CAD$80,000 plus out the door (provided you don't add any more accessories, etc). I wouldn't pay that for an infiniti !!!! $80K can buy a house in a small town
Old 10-10-2006, 08:17 AM
Missin my TSX =(

no regrets , just wish that i can get better mpg with it
Old 10-10-2006, 10:54 AM
Base RDX - Carbon Pearl

Mpg

I know everyone is talking about the RDX's MPG. But I just took a look of the Lexus RX350's MPG. It is supposed to be the best in class's MPG. And its MPG is 19 City, 24 Hwy. So, it is almost identical to RDX (which 19/23).

I know RDX is V4 only but it does produce 240 HP and 260+ torque. So, I think its MPG is not bad at all. I guess we can't expect a luxury and powerful SUV has the same MPG as CR-V ! (I used to have a 97 CRV, it was great but it was really lack of HP to go on ramp !!!)

I think with the RDX, you can spend the gas money and get the horsepower whenever you need it (just press harder on the gas/turbo ). During normal circumstances, drive as usual and get a decent gas mileage.

Note: I have been driving the RDX for two weeks, 90% city, has been getting its stated city MPG. Hope it will get even better after the break in period.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:07 AM
Instructor

Just for comparison, here are the numbers from my current/recent cars:

'97 Lexus ES300: 20-21, city + hwy
'98 Chevy Sub (350ci): 15 city, 17 hwy
'03 Subaru Forrester (4cyl): 21, 95% hwy
'06 Honda Element (4cyl): 21, 90% hwy.

As you said, having the extra power on-demand is one of the reason why I like RDX, of course you need to pay the price if you want to tap that reserve.
Like they say, there is no such thing as free lunch.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:50 PM
Racer

Canadian prices

Expressing glee that we are only getting hosed to the tune of $1.24 Can per US $ is plain dumb. We should be paying $1.11-1.12. If you really want one of the competitor's more expensive vehicles like the Lexus, drive to the states and do a deal. Lots of Canadians are speaking with the wallets. Sadly, Honda/Acura invalidates your warrenty (even in the USA) if you bring the car back to Canada. Lexus, MB, Audi, Volvo, Subaru, Mazda all honour cross-border warrenties (sometimes with caveats).
Old 10-10-2006, 08:51 PM
Racer

RSX looks like a cool vehicle if they put the turbo diesel in. That would remedy the mileage concerns.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:26 PM
Missin my TSX =(

Originally Posted by acurardx
I know everyone is talking about the RDX's MPG. But I just took a look of the Lexus RX350's MPG. It is supposed to be the best in class's MPG. And its MPG is 19 City, 24 Hwy. So, it is almost identical to RDX (which 19/23).

I know RDX is V4 only but it does produce 240 HP and 260+ torque. So, I think its MPG is not bad at all. I guess we can't expect a luxury and powerful SUV has the same MPG as CR-V ! (I used to have a 97 CRV, it was great but it was really lack of HP to go on ramp !!!)

I think with the RDX, you can spend the gas money and get the horsepower whenever you need it (just press harder on the gas/turbo ). During normal circumstances, drive as usual and get a decent gas mileage.

Note: I have been driving the RDX for two weeks, 90% city, has been getting its stated city MPG. Hope it will get even better after the break in period.

yea but im only gettin 14-15 mpg man!!!!!!!!! sucks
Old 10-10-2006, 10:54 PM
rdxsteverino

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lead Foot!

Originally Posted by chyllintsx
yea but im only gettin 14-15 mpg man!!!!!!!!! sucks
Can't say I blame you.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:05 AM
Base RDX - Carbon Pearl

Exchange Rate

Originally Posted by zircon
Expressing glee that we are only getting hosed to the tune of $1.24 Can per US $ is plain dumb. We should be paying $1.11-1.12. If you really want one of the competitor's more expensive vehicles like the Lexus, drive to the states and do a deal. Lots of Canadians are speaking with the wallets. Sadly, Honda/Acura invalidates your warrenty (even in the USA) if you bring the car back to Canada. Lexus, MB, Audi, Volvo, Subaru, Mazda all honour cross-border warrenties (sometimes with caveats).
There is no way Acura/other manufacturer can charge the price based on the lowest current exchange rate. As everyone knows, exchange rate fluctates everyday. Once they set the price for Canada, they have to keep the same price for at least a year (2007 Model). First of all, the exchange rate was not as low as 1.1 when they set the price probably back in the beginning of 2006. Secondly, what happens the exchange rate goes the other way. In fact, it is going back up a little to 1.13. Bottom line is that manufacturer will not bear all the risk of exchange rate by setting the price at the lowest current exchange rate. What I am saying is that another 10-15% buffer is pretty reasonable already as comparing to other brands which could set the price with exchange rate 1.5 or higher.

I know somebody has been importing cars from US. Besides warranty, you have to worry about other things, such as your odometer will be showing in miles, and you will have problem trading in your car or trade-in price will be really low, etc.

I used to live in the States and shipped in my cars to Canada several years ago. So, I have gone through the trouble when I traded in my cars. Some dealers don't want it at all, period. Those who wants the new car business might considering taking it but they basically send it to wholesaler, and you know how much they can offer you. So, it is all personal decision to decide whether it is worth to go through the paper work to ship the car cross border and future trade-in problem/loss for saving 15-20% upfront on the purchase price.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:06 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by acurardx
I know somebody has been importing cars from US. Besides warranty, you have to worry about other things, such as your odometer will be showing in miles, and you will have problem trading in your car or trade-in price will be really low, etc.
Good points all around man. Our exchange rate is pretty low right now which makes it seem like Acura is gouging Canadians but the U.S. dollar seems to be making a recovery and we could be back up to 1.20 by this time next year. I guess 1.24 isn't bad considering.

The odometer would bug the hell out of me...which is why I haven't already made a trip to Buffalo to pick up a Subaru.