99 Acura cl 2.3 transmission issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 02:47 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99 Acura cl 2.3 transmission issues

New to The Forum but looking to get accurate advice on my CL it's a 99 2.3 with an automatic I just recently purchased it luckily for the low sum of only 300$ I have put lots of work into the car so far and my current investment is around $900 so far after doing a multitude of repairs but my issues lay in the transmission I have already flushed probably 5 gallons of transmission fluid through the transmission as it was in a very bad condition when I got it and the fluid was burnt and nasty basically what's happening is is it shifts from 1st to 2nd okay when warm but jumps or slips a little bit when cold but it always slips from the 2nd to 3rd Shift really badly when it's cold and then once it warms up not as bad but the strange thing is if you drive the car really hard three quarters of a throttle or flooring it it actually shifts with no issues every but every time you try to drive it like a normal person quarter throttle half throttle it slips the 2-3 shift every time it also sometimes but not always engages down into first very violently but it only seems to do that whenever it wants to I can never predict when it's going to happen I do for a fact know that I need new motor mounts and that is on the list to be repaired but I'm afraid to install motor mounts on a transmission that's going to tear them up because it won't shift right to fix the problem I have already tried draining and refilling the transmission multiple times I pulled all of the solenoids off and and tested them as well as cleaned all the screens everything tested out fine I used Valvoline maxlife transmission fluid for most of my drain and refills as for some reason the transmission slips horribly with ATF Z1 Honda fluid but almost drives perfectly with Valvoline maxlife fluid so is there anything I else I can check is there any other advice you guys would have for me to prolong the transmission or maybe get it working better or find a cheap one to replace it with with the current body work that the car needs and my current investment if I were to put a new transmission in it I would lose my ass if i go to sell it so new transmission is out of the question I'm looking for a cheap fix or just some advice to prolong its life as long as possible
Old 04-07-2018, 08:53 AM
Drifting

Received 480 Likes on 421 Posts
You should try the XADO trans treatment EX120 or Maximum Auto Trans Treatment.