Please help me with 2018 Acura Lease

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 12:19 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok guys. Test driving today

If I can negotiate better pricing for an AWD version or Tech Package on the V6.. Which in your opinion matters more? I don't want to have a big payment, which I know I will have if I get the v6 tech AWD. Can only have one or the other most likely

So in the end, based on your experiences with the TLX, which would you rather have if the price was the same?

I like up north but I don't really drive much in the snow

Thanks
Old 01-12-2018, 12:34 PM
6 Forward 1 Back

Received 312 Likes on 155 Posts
If I had to choose from the 2 options you're referring to I'd go with the AWD option. Most of the tech features you can use Android Auto or Apple CarPlay for. And make sure you get the residual numbers for either model. I think your lease would be cheaper with the AWD vs the Tech package also. Non-tech models have a better residual value according to Edmonds.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:52 PM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
AWD isn't just for snow, it's for fun too!!
I would pick the SHAWD over FWD ANYDAY!
The following 2 users liked this post by justnspace:
CPR (01-16-2018), neuronbob (01-12-2018)
Old 01-12-2018, 02:19 PM
Banned

Received 124 Likes on 104 Posts
Originally Posted by italiannyc
Ok guys. Test driving today

If I can negotiate better pricing for an AWD version or Tech Package on the V6.. Which in your opinion matters more? I don't want to have a big payment, which I know I will have if I get the v6 tech AWD. Can only have one or the other most likely

So in the end, based on your experiences with the TLX, which would you rather have if the price was the same?

I like up north but I don't really drive much in the snow

Thanks
Neither. I suggest that you take the cheapest V6.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:58 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 546 Likes on 361 Posts
I would take the tech package if not too much more, avoids 'should have' syndrome and some features are worth it to me (Canadian model, not sure for USA).
Old 01-12-2018, 03:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,581 Posts
Hard choice SHAWD + Tech looks to be a real nice car with the V6. If pushed by price think I would take the Tech version unless I lived in snow country & did not have anything else to drive.

Not a fan of stripped cars so would get one or the other if not both or look too another brand.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:31 PM
Intermediate

So I just test drove the V6..

The first thing I noticed is that compared to my ILX, it had more space. I felt very cramped in my ILX so that was a positive

The second thing I noticed was that it was damn quite on the inside. Blows away my ILX in that regard. I also really noticed that while driving, I didn't feel every little bump like I do with my car. It felt like a much more refined and comfortable drive

In regards to power and speed, this messed with me a little bit. It deff felt heavier and larger and I could not tell if it was moving faster then my ILX. I really believe that has to do with the fact that when I push the gas in my car, you hear everything, you feel everything, it kinda jerks you around. I did not feel that with the TLX, and I am pretty sure thats a good thing and the way its supposed to me. I am sure it was probably faster than I realized.

So now for pricing. My current ILX is a premium package. I received the blind spot sensors ( no Acura watch ) better sound system with 10" sub ( I believe that was the size, probably wrong, and its NOT the ELS system ) and it has the better leather.

As soms
My best price came from the 18 TLX STANDARD V6 PACKAGE

Came out to around 365 a month with zero down. 7500 miles a year ( rolling over 8000 from my current, so it evens out to the 10k I wanted )

Tech package was around 444 a month with zero down.

414 with 1000 down

* Didn't get a chance to drive AWD, but was told the pricing is similar to the 444, without the tech package

I am confused now.

The standard has a base sound system ( how bad is it? ), the lesser of the two leather and is missing those blind spot sensors ( but adding Acura watch that I didn't have before )

I don't know if I can justify 50 more a month ( with money down )

I mean lets be serious, 370 a month sounds a lot better than anything over 400

Now I have to think this weekend and see..

Sigh

Last edited by italiannyc; 01-12-2018 at 07:34 PM.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
Best advise would be to email a bunch of dealerships with the lease terms you want. This will help you get the best deal...
Old 01-13-2018, 09:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 007Acura
Best advise would be to email a bunch of dealerships with the lease terms you want. This will help you get the best deal...
It is always a good practice to ask a quote to 2-3, but I would be surprised that these figures would improve significantly... Buyt hey $10/mo is $360 more in his pocket at the end of the lease.

The standard has a base sound system ( how bad is it? )
You got me here. It is very bad, IMO. I found the sound of our Civic DX 2012 better just to tell you... might be indeed a good reason to with the Tech. I am not interested in NAVI and the 2018 has a better integration with Android.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:47 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Saintor
It is always a good practice to ask a quote to 2-3, but I would be surprised that these figures would improve significantly... Buyt hey $10/mo is $360 more in his pocket at the end of the lease.

You got me here. It is very bad, IMO. I found the sound of our Civic DX 2012 better just to tell you... might be indeed a good reason to with the Tech. I am not interested in NAVI and the 2018 has a better integration with Android.
Isnt my 2016 ILX premium sound system with 7 speakers including sub basically the same thing as the base TLX system without the sub?The sub isn’t anything great on mine now. I can put it to zero and not tel a difference, but in general I was pretty pleased with the whole package.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:26 AM
Intermediate

Went with the tech V6.. 390pm 1000 down. I just wasnt feeling the quality of the leather in the base, and wanted to try the ELS system. I don't mind the 1g down
The following 2 users liked this post by italiannyc:
BEAR-AvHistory (01-16-2018), pyrodan007 (01-15-2018)
Old 01-15-2018, 11:12 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by italiannyc
So I just test drove the V6..

The first thing I noticed is that compared to my ILX, it had more space. I felt very cramped in my ILX so that was a positive

The second thing I noticed was that it was damn quite on the inside. Blows away my ILX in that regard. I also really noticed that while driving, I didn't feel every little bump like I do with my car. It felt like a much more refined and comfortable drive

In regards to power and speed, this messed with me a little bit. It deff felt heavier and larger and I could not tell if it was moving faster then my ILX. I really believe that has to do with the fact that when I push the gas in my car, you hear everything, you feel everything, it kinda jerks you around. I did not feel that with the TLX, and I am pretty sure thats a good thing and the way its supposed to me. I am sure it was probably faster than I realized.

So now for pricing. My current ILX is a premium package. I received the blind spot sensors ( no Acura watch ) better sound system with 10" sub ( I believe that was the size, probably wrong, and its NOT the ELS system ) and it has the better leather.

As soms
My best price came from the 18 TLX STANDARD V6 PACKAGE

Came out to around 365 a month with zero down. 7500 miles a year ( rolling over 8000 from my current, so it evens out to the 10k I wanted )

Tech package was around 444 a month with zero down.

414 with 1000 down

* Didn't get a chance to drive AWD, but was told the pricing is similar to the 444, without the tech package

I am confused now.

The standard has a base sound system ( how bad is it? ), the lesser of the two leather and is missing those blind spot sensors ( but adding Acura watch that I didn't have before )

I don't know if I can justify 50 more a month ( with money down )

I mean lets be serious, 370 a month sounds a lot better than anything over 400

Now I have to think this weekend and see..

Sigh
Over priced. You can get a 530i with this kind of payment.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:08 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by chiawei
How?

I just looked at a 530 stripped base that no one in their right mind would buy. Numbers per BMW Finance were $2500 down @ 36 months with 10K miles a year was $650. That's $230 a month more then he is paying.
The following 2 users liked this post by BEAR-AvHistory:
mapleloaf (01-20-2018), Terdbath (04-24-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 05:02 PM
Banned

No you can't.
The following users liked this post:
BEAR-AvHistory (01-17-2018)
Old 01-19-2018, 03:28 AM
Burning Brakes

No you can't.
I leased a similar priced 530e just one 12/15. So I know you can get close to that.Negotiate better.
Old 01-19-2018, 03:42 AM
Burning Brakes

No you can't.
There is up to $6500 cash and dealer allowance on 530i (at least where I am). Which was about the same that I got on my 530e. I got only $1800 dealer support, $3k holiday cash, and extra $2k for loyalty. So it’s quiet easy to know $8000 off MSRP. BMW lease has quiet high residue. So with some negotiation you should be able to get something in $400 range. It’s not much more expensive than the TLX lease. If you go with 530e you can get federal tax credit.As stated on my lease- my drive off was $5k. Monthly including tax was $449.10. I get $5k back thru federal tax credit and bmw club. My total cost for the lease is $16,167.60. Which isn’t much more than what was posted here.
Old 01-19-2018, 03:54 AM
Burning Brakes

No you can't.
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
How?

I just looked at a 530 stripped base that no one in their right mind would buy. Numbers per BMW Finance were $2500 down @ 36 months with 10K miles a year was $650. That's $230 a month more then he is paying.
I think it really depends on where you are.BMW announced new cash allowance on 530i just on 1/12 ($4500) on top of the $2k cash. You have a 4 series now- so you should have gotten another $1k on loyalty. Plus $2k off MSRP. In theory, you cap cost on a $60k 530i- should be $53500. Residue should be around $37000. With all the discount and 0 down, should be no more than $500. Which dealer quoted you that obscene number?
Old 01-19-2018, 10:16 AM
Suzuka Master

I think it really depends on where you are.BMW announced new cash allowance on 530i just on 1/12 ($4500) on top of the $2k cash. You have a 4 series now- so you should have gotten another $1k on loyalty. Plus $2k off MSRP. In theory, you cap cost on a $60k 530i- should be $53500. Residue should be around $37000. With all the discount and 0 down, should be no more than $500. Which dealer quoted you that obscene number?

The number was straight up from BMW Financial, no dealer involved. You can't count discounts etc because they are variable, geographically applied & come & go. Also the number of BMW's you bought in the past is factored into the loyalty discount, mine was over $1K. That said I could see in the $500's I am there with a $63K 2018. I cannot see a stripped 530 for $444 a month with any deal.

Also back to my original statement who would buy a stripped 530 in the first place? Put any options on it to make it a worth while car that you would be happy with & you are up $5 to $7K minimum in MSRP.

That is not to say he paid too much. I think he could have gotten a better deal but if he is happy with how it turned out all is well. Way too much pi**ing on peoples Cheerios when it comes to pricing & getting a deal. I have yet to see in any car forum someone put up a price that someone else did not jump on with you paid too much.

I tend to shop hard, walk out etc but still am smart enough to recognize there is still money on the table. Dealers selling at or below cost go out of business quickly. You can't lose money on every sale & make it up in volume.

On the finance side BMW has always been very aggressive on setting up lease deals, most likely the best in the industry overall for the customer. Still BMW pulls down about $8K per car making them a very profitable car company.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 01-19-2018 at 10:29 AM.
Old 01-19-2018, 12:53 PM
Banned

Also back to my original statement who would buy a stripped 530 in the first place?
No because it has not an engine fit to this class of car. I would certainly have a stripped 540i. I have no idea why you value options & packages so much.
Old 01-19-2018, 03:17 PM
Suzuka Master

No because it has not an engine fit to this class of car. I would certainly have a stripped 540i. I have no idea why you value options & packages so much.
Agree the engine is not suitable for a 5 series I would buy, said that already, but a lot of people might want a 5 they could not afford with a I6T. Marketing plan seems to work since they sold over 40,000 in the US alone. Bet most were 530's. Smart move on BMW's part a lot of those 5's went out the door for a lot less then I paid for my 4 series. They have a nice pricing overlap among all the series so some one looking in the upper 3/4 of one series can move up a series for the same money by giving up a few extras.

As for why I get specific options its because I like what I like, no other reason then I buy what pleases me.

Stripped 530 $52.650
Stripped 540 $58,200.
Minimum 540 I would buy $68,100
M-Sport, adaptive handling package, M brakes & HUD.

If I wanted a bigger 4 door car as opposed to my smaller coupe that would be the least 540 I would get. More then likely there are a few other things my wife might like that I would add to it.
Old 01-19-2018, 04:17 PM
Banned

Just to say that the stripped 540 can be had in Sport Line Design for 58K, I am fine with that. But honestly, that new 5 doesn't appeal that much to me, (kinda has been there done that, same feeling as the F30).... I think that I would rather consider the CTS V-Sport.with massive promotions..
Old 01-20-2018, 01:16 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 869 Likes on 413 Posts
The number was straight up from BMW Financial, no dealer involved. You can't count discounts etc because they are variable, geographically applied & come & go. Also the number of BMW's you bought in the past is factored into the loyalty discount, mine was over $1K. That said I could see in the $500's I am there with a $63K 2018. I cannot see a stripped 530 for $444 a month with any deal.

Also back to my original statement who would buy a stripped 530 in the first place? Put any options on it to make it a worth while car that you would be happy with & you are up $5 to $7K minimum in MSRP.

That is not to say he paid too much. I think he could have gotten a better deal but if he is happy with how it turned out all is well. Way too much pi**ing on peoples Cheerios when it comes to pricing & getting a deal. I have yet to see in any car forum someone put up a price that someone else did not jump on with you paid too much.

I tend to shop hard, walk out etc but still am smart enough to recognize there is still money on the table. Dealers selling at or below cost go out of business quickly. You can't lose money on every sale & make it up in volume.

On the finance side BMW has always been very aggressive on setting up lease deals, most likely the best in the industry overall for the customer. Still BMW pulls down about $8K per car making them a very profitable car company.
Well said and completely agree. I would add that in general, wherever you are, the gap between, say a TLX and a BMW 5, for example, is going to be similar. If you can get a great deal on one, you will likely, relatively speaking, get a similar deal on the other. When you shop online, using postal codes/Zip codes/Provinces/States, those prices will not vary much at the dealer, as incentives are usually applied online and fees are often understated.
The following users liked this post:
BEAR-AvHistory (01-20-2018)
Old 01-20-2018, 12:38 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by mapleloaf
Well said and completely agree. I would add that in general, wherever you are, the gap between, say a TLX and a BMW 5, for example, is going to be similar. If you can get a great deal on one, you will likely, relatively speaking, get a similar deal on the other. When you shop online, using postal codes/Zip codes/Provinces/States, those prices will not vary much at the dealer, as incentives are usually applied online and fees are often understated.
The only way to beat the system is with a few German cars. The Performance Center Delivery system for ordered cars lets you shop any dealer in the country for the best deal with the car being delivered through the PCD is Greer SC. Greer is the home of the largest BMW factory in the world & all the "X" cars are built there.

Some of the other manufactures have similar programs. I have only bough one car through a Carolina dealer & non through the local 2 dealers.

You can also get similar good deals with European Delivery picking the cars up in Germany.
Old 01-20-2018, 03:48 PM
Burning Brakes

The 530i starts at mid $50. Comes with standard LED headlight and Nav. For $60k you can get premium pkg 2 and leather. So it’s not stripped as you claimed it to be.The new 5 drives like a Lexus so the active suspension won’t make a huge difference.At similar payment I think it’s a great deal.Lastly, BMW finance deal does not take dealer allowance or discount into consideration. That is why still need to negotiate.
All car company are in business to make money.
Old 01-20-2018, 04:21 PM
Burning Brakes

I disagree. Almost every make in this segment now offers a 4cyl engine. The 530i isn’t that slow either than original 3.0 I6. None of the standard BMW drives like it used to be. All of them are now more soft. Adding M suspension won’t help that much.For a commuter, the 530i is a good choice. If you really want a good handling BMW, step up to the M. Anything less, it’s just a good luxury cruiser now. Going with 540i or M550i still won’t change the fact that new 5 is luxury cruiser.
Old 01-20-2018, 04:34 PM
Burning Brakes

Lastly, that 4cyl 530i is actually only 0.2 sec slower in -60 and quarter mile as compare the TLX V6 a spec (via motor trend). More grip and better brakes. Even though drives numb. It’s not a slow car.
Old 01-20-2018, 06:03 PM
Suzuka Master

Lastly, that 4cyl 530i is actually only 0.2 sec slower in -60 and quarter mile as compare the TLX V6 a spec (via motor trend). More grip and better brakes. Even though drives numb. It’s not a slow car.
Fast or slow car depends on your point of view. I would really hate to get my clock cleaned by a TLX while driving a 5 series. There is something unholy about that which would cause me to ask "why did I not get a TLX V6 SHAWD, 540 or M550"? And the TLX does not even have its DOHC V6T yet.

To each his own but I have zero interest in a 530e. Expect that's not unusual here in Carolina. In all of central NC there are only two 530e's in stock $60 & 70K out of a large selection of 5 series cars.

Its back to what you like & what you want to pay. Most here know I am not a 4 or 5 door person except in a SUV. That said I think the sweet spot for a BMW 4 door is the M550.

BTW I did not say the 530e for $60K was stripped. I said at $52K it was stripped & need another $5 to $7K. I did say the 540 was stripped at $60K & needed another $8K.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 01-20-2018 at 06:12 PM.
Old 01-20-2018, 06:28 PM
Burning Brakes

Fast or slow car depends on your point of view. I would really hate to get my clock cleaned by a TLX while driving a 5 series. There is something unholy about that which would cause me to ask "why did I not get a TLX V6 SHAWD, 540 or M550"? And the TLX does not even have its DOHC V6T yet.

To each his own but I have zero interest in a 530e. Expect that's not unusual here in Carolina. In all of central NC there are only two 530e's in stock $60 & 70K out of a large selection of 5 series cars.

Its back to what you like & what you want to pay. Most here know I am not a 4 or 5 door person except in a SUV. That said I think the sweet spot for a BMW 4 door is the M550.

BTW I did not say the 530e for $60K was stripped. I said at $52K it was stripped & need another $5 to $7K. I did say the 540 was stripped at $60K & needed another $8K.
I am confused. My point was very clear. The lease number on the TLX I think was high. Given that with probably another $3k he could have leased a 530e/530 with similar performance. I don’t think 0.2 second really matters. Acura won’t have the V6T for at least 2 years and I highly doubted it will be under $40k. So discussing a product that isn’t out yet is pointless. By the time Acura comes out with type S. The G30 5 will be close to end of its product life cycle. Given that Germans likes to blow out their inventory. 550i probably can be leased for similar price range as the type S. As for now, I sees no advantage or benefit in leasing an Acura TLX for $440 with no money down.
Old 01-21-2018, 10:43 AM
Suzuka Master

I am confused. My point was very clear. The lease number on the TLX I think was high. Given that with probably another $3k he could have leased a 530e/530 with similar performance. I don’t think 0.2 second really matters. Acura won’t have the V6T for at least 2 years and I highly doubted it will be under $40k. So discussing a product that isn’t out yet is pointless. By the time Acura comes out with type S. The G30 5 will be close to end of its product life cycle. Given that Germans likes to blow out their inventory. 550i probably can be leased for similar price range as the type S. As for now, I sees no advantage or benefit in leasing an Acura TLX for $440 with no money down.

The point is simple. You are comparing a unicorn with a real easy to get car that anyone car buy. The guy bought the TLX with 1K down. The 530e has $4600+ in tax credits that you are applying against your down payment to cancel it. No TLX hybrid no tax credit. The dealer $4500 cash off deal for the e is dealer inventory & dead the end of the month. Loyalty bonus is just that you need to have a previous BMW. In the OP's case he does not qualify so that $1000 he does not get..

Also based on geography you cant get some similar dealer & corporate discounts as you go. Average discount on the 530 is 4% off MSRP. Here in the entire state # 10 in population with over 10 Million people there are 4 cars available 1 for $60K 1 65K & two for $70K.
Current in stock BMW 530 deal

MSRP $63,800
Discount $1597
APR Credit $4500
Total before tax tags etc $57,788
So be happy with your deal but don't try to make it as something the OP can get walking into any random BMW dealer

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 01-21-2018 at 10:51 AM.
Old 01-21-2018, 01:21 PM
Banned

It has nothing to do with speed. I have the sense that I will be losing my time explaining it to you.

So here is a quick sum-up by these guys
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...8i-test-review

Originally Posted by Car & Driver
Okay, so that doesn’t quite rank up there with the end of the world, but we’ll feel the loss of BMW’s naturally aspirated 3.0-liter six intensely.
There is no way the I4 sound delivers the same cachet and enhanced experience as a 6. I have driven a dozen N20/B48 and it always feels like a 2nd best experience, actually pretty lame. At least it is not all gone, as the G30 still has the 540i and even the 550i (V8)

Last edited by Saintor; 01-21-2018 at 01:24 PM.
Old 01-21-2018, 02:00 PM
Suzuka Master

Actually the new one 530E is slower then the old one 528E Zero to 60 mph: 6.1 sec

Their pricing comments:

"Although the 530e xDrive’s $55,695 base price is identical to that of the non-PHEV 530i, our test car rang in at $69,760. More than $14,000 of that was attributable to options, including these packages: $800 Cold Weather, $3400 Driving Assistance Plus (which includes the $1700 Driving Assistance package), $1300 Parking Assistance, $2700 Premium, and $1050 Lighting. Yet the car you see here merely covers the luxury-sedan essentials such as heated seats, adaptive cruise control, lane-keeping assist, and premium audio. Fiddling around with BMW’s consumer website, we configured a 530e with a sticker price just shy of $84,000. If you really need to brag that your mid-size German luxury plug-in hybrid was expensive, the 530e offers plenty of opportunity."

Point being they don't think & I agree that the basic 5 series punches the luxury card without some serious money going into it.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 01-21-2018 at 02:02 PM.
Old 01-21-2018, 07:31 PM
Suzuka Master

Interesting comments about the 5 series on the BMW form in the STINGER thread:

"IF someone wants a 540i but can't afford one, they can get a G80 loaded with more options and with a less price tag, I'm willing to bet that more people will migrate that way and I'm sure Kia/Hyundai will agree."

"Once genesis sets up separate showrooms they will be a big contender. Infiniti and Acura will be in big trouble since they have some of the lowest consumer satisfaction scores in the industry according to consumer reports."
Old 01-23-2018, 07:30 AM
Intermediate

So coming from the 2.4, I am having a little trouble getting use to the V6 transmission

While I drive, at slower speeds, it almost feels as if I'm using the paddle shifters in my old ILX but not downshifting. Its taking a while to downshift. Its holding

Is this normal and does this improve?

I believe its worse in normal mode compared to the rest.

I guess this is what people meant when they said the tranny was lazy.

Old 04-21-2018, 10:54 AM
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
1. In Dec, BMW dealer contribute $1800 toward the 530e.
2. BMW holiday cash was $3000.
3. Owner loyalty was $2000 for me (currently 5 series or better owner- 13 M5 bought new).
4. Invoice was close to $2k below sticker.
5. Residue I think was $38k and msrp was 60,xxx.
6. My total drive off was $5000.

I have excellent credit and very low money factor. So net payment before tax was $395. With tax was $433.I am still qualified for federal tax credit of $4k. I also can get another $1k from BMW club.So in reality my drive off was $0.
FYI:
You don't get the Federal tax credit for leasing, the car company gets that credit, most of them apply it to your lease.....
Old 10-13-2018, 10:41 AM
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Curious, has anyone recently leased a 19 TLX A-Spec V6 FWD, with no money down? If so what was the deal you got for the selling price and payment? Also location please. Thanks!