More smiles

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 09:19 AM
CPR
Burning Brakes

Received 277 Likes on 144 Posts
More smiles

96* in New Jersey on Sunday; cruising along I95, & the GSP, at 75MPH; CC on Auto; Ventilated seats, are awesome
Funny part; the wife is always hot; (haha); anyway, she turned the A/C on her passenger side UP to 72*; mine is 70*
She said the Cold air was blowing in too many directions; she loves the cool seats!
A happy wife, makes for happy days!
Just another reason I LOVE my A-SPEC!
Old 08-06-2018, 11:25 AM
Racer

Received 104 Likes on 72 Posts
I had more smiles this weekend too.

I'm a person that is literally always looking for my next car. Love manuals and thought I really wanted something with a turbo six cylinder for my next car. While browsing the local dealership inventories I ran across a black on black 2018 BWM 340i X drive with a manual. I inquired about the car knowing that a deal would be almost impossible since I'm only 14 months into my lease. Guy says to come in anyway and take it for a test drive. I'm thinking heck yes why not?
This is where I'm sure to ruffle a few feathers but long story short I wasn't all that impressed. It was missing features that I have now, it wasn't exactly a smooth ride at around 45 MPH, and did not like the rev match feature. I thought it would feel faster with the twin turbo inline 6 and it might have been but it wasn't a night and day difference or anything. My overall impression was that it wasn't a big step up in any category that interests me except the body style. I do think its a handsome car from any angle. To be fair it was only a 20 minute drive switching between comfort and sport with a brief hit on the interstate with the salesman in the car. It was an OK driving experience but I guess I was expecting more. When we got back after the test drive we didn't bother talking price. I appreciated the test drive and the time I had with the salesman but left with a renewed respect for my current A-SPEC. I'm not saying I think the A-SPEC is a better car than a 340i X drive but the BMW is not $15,000 better.
The following 3 users liked this post by Terdbath:
a35tl (08-06-2018), CPR (08-06-2018), neuronbob (08-07-2018)
Old 08-06-2018, 11:41 AM
CPR
Burning Brakes

Received 277 Likes on 144 Posts
$15K MORE? I don't think so; enjoy your A-SPEC; it's awesome!
Old 08-06-2018, 11:52 AM
Pro

Received 534 Likes on 262 Posts
I'm sort of like you. Always looking for the next ride. After a year of ownership of my Aspec SH-AWD, I have no desire to start looking for a new ride, still satisfied. Yes, I do wish it had a better tranny and more horse power but it has so much to offer at this price point. Yes, I will definitely be looking at future Type S but they better nail the design and power train.
Old 08-07-2018, 03:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
I'm another who's always looking toward the next car. Despite my complaint (single) about the transmission, my TLX has been pretty solid, and instead of looking toward the next daily driver, I'm looking at the next "special" car instead. I'm also looking forward to a Type S (sigh....Type-R? A guy can dream).

Would you believe I get compliments on my TLX most days? The car looks really good in blue, and people in the real world like to see it. I was not expecting compliments from Joe Public to be a part of TLX ownership.
Old 08-08-2018, 09:08 AM
Racer

Received 222 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by neuronbob
I'm another who's always looking toward the next car. Despite my complaint (single) about the transmission, my TLX has been pretty solid, and instead of looking toward the next daily driver, I'm looking at the next "special" car instead. I'm also looking forward to a Type S (sigh....Type-R? A guy can dream).

Would you believe I get compliments on my TLX most days? The car looks really good in blue, and people in the real world like to see it. I was not expecting compliments from Joe Public to be a part of TLX ownership.
Not surprised -the 2018 MMC really improved the looks (and driving dynamics) of the car and the blue A SPEC is really sharp !!