Are you happy with your Acura Dealership?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012 | 03:34 PM
Instructor

Are you happy with your Acura Dealership?

Acura 2000 is the worst when it comes to service. They have serious attitude problems.

Can anyone recommend a dealership in the GTA?
Old 07-25-2012 | 07:18 PM
Boosted Life

Which area of the GTA are you looking for?
I've always gone to Acura of North Toronto or Richmond Hill Honda for service. If you want other non "dealerships" shops that are good with doing service hit me up.
Old 07-25-2012 | 07:31 PM
Instructor

I live in Caledon and Acura 2000 is the nearest and then comes Erin Mills Acura in Mississauga and then Maple Acura and Acura of North Toronto.

Funny enough, I was at Acura of North Toronto yesterday. I am not really impressed. I addressed an issue with the manager on the phone, and wanted to schedule an appointment before I went in and it's been two days now and no call back.

I haven't come across a single Acura dealership with employees who have sense of responsibility.

And I don't really like taking my car to non dealerships, but thanks for asking.

Last edited by MyBlackBeauty; 07-25-2012 at 07:34 PM.
Old 07-25-2012 | 09:04 PM
Intermediate

I've only had my car serviced at Sherway Acura. Horrible experiences too.

Went 3 times.

First was just an oil change, uneventful.

Second, I had an issue with my HFL. Called Acura Canada and they asked me to go to the dealership, since they might help me out so they say. I go to Acura Sherway and the guy won't help me out. I didn't give him a hard time. Just said that Acura Canada asked me to come here. Quotes me $800 to replace it. I even asked if I got my next service done there which was a $300 service of they can cut me a break. No. So I called Acura Canada at the dealership, told them I'm at the dealership no one is willing to help. CSR takes my number down and said he'll call me.

CSR called me the next day and offered to cover the part, labour was $110. I agreed. I called Acura Canada 2k after my bumper to bumper warranty expired and I was 9k over when I finally had time to take it to the dealership. So they had a record of my first call. CSR told me to go to the dealership on this date he'll take care of everything.

I drive into the dealership, the guy who I talked to last time ignored me. I had to wait for another guy. Finally someone helps me, tells me the part is not in stock, come back in a week.

I come back they do the job, the service advisor still ignores me. I took the car home. There's a dent on my new HFL, didn't see it until closer inspection. It's small so I ignored it.

3rd time, I had the power steering recall. I requested a loaner when I booked the appointment. The same service advisor ignores me again. No loaner given, told the wait was 2.5 hours, he'll arrange a ride. Ok, no loaner, fine, I waited for the ride. An hour passed. No ride. I figured the Shuttle was late. 2 hours, nothing, the service advisor can see me through the glass window. I'm the only guy in the waiting room. I figured it was only another 30 minutes, another hour passed. Guy calls me at just over 3 hours. Says he can have me picked up, I tell the guy I'm in the waiting room. He apologizes. Not going back there again.

I take my car to B Line mechanics in Mississauga and just took my car to the guy who runs the thread as a certified Honda mechanic for $50/hr great customer service.

I just pray there isn't another recall later on, so I don't have to set foot in an Acura dealership again.
Old 07-25-2012 | 09:05 PM
Advanced

I've been dealing with Acura 2000 for the past 4 years and their Service Department downstairs, is WicKED! My Service Advisor is Nick (short bald guy) and he always takes care of me.

I guess, it's all in the way your personality clicks with the Guy take'n your money.
Old 07-25-2012 | 09:58 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by narcotics
I've been dealing with Acura 2000 for the past 4 years and their Service Department downstairs, is WicKED! My Service Advisor is Nick (short bald guy) and he always takes care of me.

I guess, it's all in the way your personality clicks with the Guy take'n your money.
So you're saying, a client's personality has to click with them in order for them to provide good service?

Last edited by MyBlackBeauty; 07-25-2012 at 10:03 PM.
Old 07-26-2012 | 09:58 AM
3 2 GONE

I deal with Ryan from Markham Acura and have no complaints. He's a younger guy and he also owns a 3g TL so he knows what time it is. Even the mechanics stop by and crack a few jokes.
Old 08-10-2012 | 11:16 AM
'08 TL-S 6MT

I don't think there any good Acura dealerships in the GTA which sucks. Acura East isn't too bad but I won't be going there anymore because they scratched my car during their wash. It was my fault for explicitly telling them not to wash it. They didn't ask me so I assumed they wouldn't, biggest mistake . But aside from that, they were good to me. Too far for you but throwing it out there.
Old 08-12-2012 | 11:44 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by MyBlackBeauty
So you're saying, a client's personality has to click with them in order for them to provide good service?
I totally understand the customer service roll, & them catering to our needs, but remember if you are one out of ten customers that come in and speak to them nicely, you get free shit, reduction in total pricing, free car rentals, and room for haggeling.

Believe me I sat in the waiting room for hours waiting for my car. I bought the guys some coffee and now i get a personal experience with my old 06 TL every time I walk in to Acura 2000.
Old 08-14-2012 | 08:52 AM
10th Gear

15% off is very common if you are nice and you ask,
Old 08-14-2012 | 09:59 AM
Race Director

I go to Acura Barrie since it's the closest Acura dealership to me.

No bad experiences with them except that when my rear right caliper was frozen, they replaced it (and installed new brake pads) and after it was all said and done, the bill was $720, mostly labour.
I should have got a rebuilt one or DIY.
Old 08-15-2012 | 02:49 PM
Cruisin'

Just picked up an Acura 2013 RDX from Maple Acura last month. Excellent service and they are willing to negotiated and get your business. I was really happy with the service. Plus free car washes for the life of your lease. I will see if they follow through on this.
Old 08-15-2012 | 04:46 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by Blaz3
Just picked up an Acura 2013 RDX from Maple Acura last month. Excellent service and they are willing to negotiated and get your business. I was really happy with the service. Plus free car washes for the life of your lease. I will see if they follow through on this.
I would never take a free car wash
I specifically tell my dealer not to give me their complimentary wash.

I guess if it's a lease, why not eh
Old 08-17-2012 | 09:48 AM
blah!

Wash will do more harm than good. Rather leave the car filthy. lol

BTW I hate Acura in Hamilton. Hope there is a gas leak and the place explodes into smithereens. just sayinn.. lol

Last edited by brianch; 08-17-2012 at 09:59 AM.
The following users liked this post:
monazzim (12-14-2012)
Old 08-17-2012 | 03:59 PM
UA7 6MT

Moral of story: Avoid dealerships like the plague.
Pay less and get superior quality and service at an independant shop such as Speedstar

Don't just take my word for it.
Other members have taken their cars there and will echo the same praises.

The difference is evident from the minute you walk in the door.
Pricing is competitive and you get peace of mind knowing your car is in good hands.
Old 08-17-2012 | 11:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

i hate all acura dealerships. they refused to honor warranties on several of my cars couple times bringing up excuses. they once charged my father 400$ for "rotation and sanding the brake pads to make them last longer". however this was shown to my father as a i think B service package which fooled him into thinking its something fairly complicated.
Old 08-20-2012 | 08:11 AM
Advanced

I dont ever recall taking any of my cars to the dealers except for the ones that Ive lease in the past and warranty covers the work. I have relatives that work in Honda dealerships and even they tell me that they are rip off artists.

Recently, my friends and I found a new place to take our cars to. We got Acuras, Lexux, VW's and all other brand of cars so its not just for one company. Extremely clean shop. Office you can sit in and not smell like garage after and not have to worry about getting your clothes dirty ( some shops are like that). They do everything there including alignments for extremely lowered cars. Competitive pricing.

Im not sure if im allowed to say the name here so, PM me if you are interested to know. Located by Markville Mall. Im not affiliated with them in any way. They were just recommended to me by a great friend and after going there, I was sold on service and pricing.
Old 08-21-2012 | 09:08 AM
2nd Gear

Maple Acura been good to me a few time that i have gone there so i dont know about i usually do everything myself but when im lazy i take it to my buddy shop. but if you wanna go to a dealer to go maple acura
Old 09-12-2012 | 05:01 PM
7th Gear

north acura of toronto has been good to me
Old 09-12-2012 | 09:44 PM
Pro

[quote=heishin2;13985933]I dont ever recall taking any of my cars to the dealers except for the ones that Ive lease in the past and warranty covers the work. I have relatives that work in Honda dealerships and even they tell me that they are rip off artists.

Recently, my friends and I found a new place to take our cars to. We got Acuras, Lexux, VW's and all other brand of cars so its not just for one company. Extremely clean shop. Office you can sit in and not smell like garage after and not have to worry about getting your clothes dirty ( some shops are like that). They do everything there including alignments for extremely lowered cars. Competitive pricing.

Im not sure if im allowed to say the name here so, PM me if you are interested to know. Located by Markville Mall. Im not affiliated with them in any way. They were just recommended to me by a great friend and after going there, I was sold on service and pricing.[/quo
Are you talking about 360 auto on heritage rd
Old 09-13-2012 | 04:50 PM
Advanced

^No...^ But close to that shop.
Old 09-14-2012 | 10:30 PM
Boosted Life

+1 for maple acura
Old 09-20-2012 | 05:54 PM
Cruisin'

Sherway Acura is horrible, I have stopped going to them a while back. On Monday I decided to give them another chance, I called three times and each time they were to busy to answer, I left two voicemails for two different service advisors to date I have not recieved a phone call back.

I think that is terrible customer service, one of the advisors voicemails were totally unprofessional saying that he would return the message when he wants basically. I am reading into it a bit because I was upset but you should say that the call will be returned as soon as possible.
Old 09-24-2012 | 07:04 PM
10th Gear

Acura Sherway is the worst! They already robbed me for charging $60 plus tax for a basic oil change. On top of that i was in the waiting area for 2 hours. It turns out they did my oil change in 30min but forgot to notify me that my car was ready! If i didnt go up to the service counter to ask whats taking so friggin long, i would of been waiting untill closing time.
Old 09-30-2012 | 08:41 PM
Cruisin'

I left a message for the service manager to let him know that no one has called me back, of course it went straight to voicemail. I left him a message and got a call back from a service advisor, I was a bit puzzled as I left a voicemail for a manager not a service advisor. I would never let one of my employees return calls for me.

Long story short I told the service advisor that the voicemail was not left for him and that I would like a call back from the manager. The next day still no call back, I decided to give the general manager a call and left him a voicemail about the situation and my dissatisfaction. About two hours after that voicemail I got a call but was in a meeting, it was the service manager saying that all the voicemails were checked and that my message (the original one) was not on there. I am now waiting to hear back from the general manager, to be honest I am done with them but I want to make a point.

Is Acura Sherway a front for money laundering or something? Seems like a joke but if you're turning away so many customers because of the poor service and attitudes it makes me think.
Old 10-01-2012 | 08:31 AM
Cruisin'

@240silvia sorry to hear your crappy experience. Sadly this isnt the first time i heard bad stuff about that location.
Old 10-03-2012 | 04:50 PM
'20 TLX SH-AWD A-Spec

Originally Posted by ch1zo
Which area of the GTA are you looking for?
I've always gone to Acura of North Toronto or Richmond Hill Honda for service. If you want other non "dealerships" shops that are good with doing service hit me up.
I second Richmond Hill Honda. A few years ago they saved me tons of money and did an amazing job with my old Accord's tranny. Wish I lived in that area still... but now I live in Ottawa with a '09 TL and not sure what to expect yet from Camco Acura since I haven't visited them yet.
Old 01-05-2013 | 07:49 PM

Im SO happy with Acura of Hamilton. 97CL, 02TLS, 13ILX

Posted from Acurazine.com App for Android
Old 01-06-2013 | 06:37 AM
Intermediate

I only go to dealer to buy parts but last week needed to bring my to dealer due to recall. Car was almost on fire. Power steering hose was leaking ad dripped on the cat that cause flame and smoke in and outside of my car. Downtown Acura fixed the recall. Took the car back after two days but after driving for 3km CEL went off. I brought it back to the dealer and asked to pay $125 for diagnostic. Problem was O2 sensor. In my opinion, they should be covering the diagnose fee since I dropped off the car with no CEL. O2 sensor might got damaged because of the flame from cat. Service department at DOWNTOWN ACURA SUCKS! I was able to drive their two 2013 ILX for 3 days and enjoyed it even for a small engine.
Old 01-06-2013 | 06:18 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by pnoyrice
I only go to dealer to buy parts but last week needed to bring my to dealer due to recall. Car was almost on fire. Power steering hose was leaking ad dripped on the cat that cause flame and smoke in and outside of my car. Downtown Acura fixed the recall. Took the car back after two days but after driving for 3km CEL went off. I brought it back to the dealer and asked to pay $125 for diagnostic. Problem was O2 sensor. In my opinion, they should be covering the diagnose fee since I dropped off the car with no CEL. O2 sensor might got damaged because of the flame from cat. Service department at DOWNTOWN ACURA SUCKS! I was able to drive their two 2013 ILX for 3 days and enjoyed it even for a small engine.
Your the second car i heard that almost caught on fire after they did the power hose recall at the dealer
Old 01-07-2013 | 10:37 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by Bankz
Your the second car i heard that almost caught on fire after they did the power hose recall at the dealer
If I remember correctly, he didn't have the recall performed, hence the leak, then the smoke and small fire, THEN brought it to Acura so they could perform the recall.

So no, the leak was not the dealer's fault.

He's talking about the CEL that occurred after he took his car back from them.
That sucks they charged $125 to get the code read when his car arrived to perform the recall without the CEL.
Old 01-13-2013 | 03:41 AM
Intermediate

Had some bad experiences with Erin Mills Acura - although the dealership is nice and friendly staff. I found Service at Acura East to be pretty good.
Old 03-06-2013 | 09:02 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Omballs
Had some bad experiences with Erin Mills Acura - although the dealership is nice and friendly staff. I found Service at Acura East to be pretty good.
who did you deal with at erin mills?
i bought my car from acura east and was happy with transaction.
im happy servicing at erin mills but i told the service advisor that only one tech is to work on my car at all times.. he said ok and i got to meet the tech and no problems.
Old 03-11-2013 | 10:53 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by 09tl3.7
who did you deal with at erin mills?
i bought my car from acura east and was happy with transaction.
im happy servicing at erin mills but i told the service advisor that only one tech is to work on my car at all times.. he said ok and i got to meet the tech and no problems.
hi there, who was that tech that work on your car, you mind to share.
Old 03-12-2013 | 07:37 PM
8th Gear

My fiancé and I bought our 2011 Acura RDX off of Downtown Acura. The manager who deals with the CPO cars is a total asshole. To sum up a long story, I would have walked out the door if I didn't already have a great deal worked out with the sales associate already.

I dealt with the service department for the first time this week. I forget the guys name, but he was very professional and polite. I was asking him what they recommend for interior upkeep and he just went into the back and gave me a bottle of Sym-Tech Upholstery Guard for free. Not sure if I'll ever use it, but it was a nice gesture.

In the end, I'd think twice on whether I'd buy a car from their sales team unless the offer is too good to pass up...but so far my experience of the service shop was great. I'm sure I'll get a better feeling of how they run things once I have to go in for a tune up.
The following users liked this post:
Dunnik (10-13-2014)
Old 03-15-2013 | 11:29 PM
Pro

I service my car at Acura 2000 never had a problem with. The service advisor that I deal with has been good to me
Old 04-12-2013 | 07:25 AM
8th Gear

Guys....
Acura of Barrie has the best customer service I have ever experienced bar none!
Always get my car back washed and cleaned inside after services.....60$ oil change washed and cleaned.....no brainer!
An offer to take a new ILX for a test drive....instead of waiting....not a chaperoned test drive a here is the keys don't crash it kinda test drive.
I know its minor but, They installed a Battery mount kit free of charge parts and labor!
Take a drive 45 min North of the GTA up the 400, gives ya a reason to use that Acura on the road!
Old 04-15-2013 | 06:40 PM
'08 TL-S 6MT

I used to go to Acura East until they washed my car and left swirls in them. You may want to take note of that when going to any dealership. Usually they ask you if you'd like a free wash, that day they didn't and it was my mistake.
Old 07-24-2013 | 09:08 PM
Intermediate

Has anyone dealt with acura of Oakville?

Incidentally I bought my car from Sherway and the sales person was fantastic.

Does anyone have a non- dealer that they get their servicing done at in the west end? I am in Milton.

Thanks.
Old 07-24-2013 | 09:24 PM
Instructor

My local dealer, Jenkins in Ocala Florida is so so. Some good experiences, others sucked. Doesn't help that I've yet to run into anyone that actually owns or drives an Acura. Last guy I went on a test drive with spent the entire ride telling me how I should look at BMW. Other dealers in central florida seem to be really nice. Dealt with an AWESOME women (personality AND looks) at Crown Acura a couple months back though.

Quick Reply: Are you happy with your Acura Dealership?