Extended Warrantys - in Toronto - Worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 12:54 PM
Banned

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Extended Warrantys - in Toronto - Worth it?

Question for Canadian Acurazine members,

Is it worth getting an extended warranty? I am buying a MDX 2014 from a private dealer (not Acura) and it comes with the balance of the 7/year 130000KM Acura warranty on the power train. However, I am not sure if I should also get an extended third party warranty for things such as electrical stuff, dvd player, touch screen or even an extended power train warranty which will last beyond 1300000kms.

Just wanted to seer if anyone else has one and which are the better warranty companies to work with....
Old 01-19-2017, 10:28 AM
3.5 psi

Received 798 Likes on 636 Posts
I think the MDX has always been very reliable. The engine you won't have issues with if you do regular maintenance. I would pass on the extended warranty. That's what Azine is for
Old 01-24-2017, 03:09 PM
Banned

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
^^ Thanks!

My main concern is things like transmission, suspension plus all the gizmos like the LDW, not to mention the Rear DVD! With two little munchkins planning on spending all their time back there watching movies - I just want to make sure the electrical stuff is also covered and I dont get ripped off by the dealer for stuff which wouldve been covered through a warranty!
Old 06-25-2017, 09:07 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Manufacturer warranties are the best. 3rd party warranties are profit centres for dealerships and are usually dominated by the flavour of the moment usually a new entrant. As time goes by it usually becomes more and more difficult to get satisfaction since the contracts being written by the insurance companies have the usual array of weasel clauses to ensure profitability. The warm feeling felt when acquiring the contract very often collides unpleasantly with reality.