Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

WTF is up with this girl?

Old 04-17-2008, 12:20 AM
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
WTF is up with this girl?

I've been talking to this girl from class, she's pretty cute and is really cool but really, really flaky. I don't know if she's just trying to be hard to get or what, but I'm about on the last straw. She's into me and she makes it obvious, and she'll call me up or text me and really want to hang out. We're both really busy, but she says she's never very busy and if I'm doing something give her a call or text when I'm done. She'll be talking to me and making plans to do something, but as soon as I'm done with whatever I'm doing at the moment she mysteriously drops off the face of the earth. One or two times I can look past, but this has happened 6-7 times. And when I see her in class she doesn't even mention anything about it, just that she wants to hang out.

Today she texts me saying "We should really hang out later" blah blah. She wants to watch a movie and smoke, sounds cool but I take it with a grain of salt. I tell her I'll be out of the lab in 30 minutes and I'll give her a call when I'm done. And how did I know... She hasn't picked up her phone. I'm not going to be chasing after this chick, she's not nearly hot enough to put up with that BS

Is she just fucking with me or does this bitch have amnesia? Either way I'm pretty much through.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:26 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Some chicks just want attention. They want to play around, and it never really amounts to anything. If she were serious it would have happened by now. I say simply stop pursuing and make her make all the future efforts to get together. Or just tell her to get lost the next time. Or ignore her. But no, definitely don't chase anymore. Don't be a pawn...
Old 04-17-2008, 01:01 AM
Kang Ho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by darksom1
Some chicks just want attention. They want to play around, and it never really amounts to anything. If she were serious it would have happened by now. I say simply stop pursuing and make her make all the future efforts to get together. Or just tell her to get lost the next time. Or ignore her. But no, definitely don't chase anymore. Don't be a pawn...

That will really get her attention. Some girl like it rough...
Old 04-17-2008, 06:58 AM
failhard.

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
.. I'd think after 6 or 7 times, you'd actually get the hint to drop her. Actually you should've been done after 3.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:09 AM
Team Owner

Received 598 Likes on 416 Posts
Flaky....Sounds like she may be about 18, 19 or so.

Eventually you will learn that the drama is a waste of time and girls like her will eventually grow up and stop playing the attention game. Until then, just think of this as paying your dues.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:19 AM
Drifting

Received 212 Likes on 100 Posts
you should have moved on after 2 times. this kind of teenage bullshit is what i dont miss. id give her a taste of her own medicine if i were you though.

if she makes plans, step it up (tell her to meet you at some fancy restaurant at a certain time) and then dont show up. when she calls, dont pick up. then at class, ignore the life outta her. that should get your point across to not ever mess with you again.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:22 AM
Terigan...

^ Or you can do nothing further and save yourself more wasted time.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:11 PM
Burning Brakes

^ +1
Old 04-17-2008, 12:34 PM
i like it dark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RaviNJCLs
Flaky....Sounds like she may be about 18, 19 or so.

Eventually you will learn that the drama is a waste of time and girls like her will eventually grow up and stop playing the attention game. Until then, just think of this as paying your dues.
that girl's just acting exactly how she's supposed to be acting...like a young immature broad...my best advice is try and get her and a bunch of her friends to meet you and your boys somewhere...

oh yeah, and NO DAY DATES, highway to the friend zone...hahaaa
Old 04-17-2008, 12:52 PM
Back in a TL again.

ghb...
Old 04-17-2008, 12:59 PM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
https://acurazine.com/forums/dating-relationships-14/help-me-get-over-girl-plz-389161/

Just refer to the advice in this thread...same shit, different day.

Bitches...some just like to lead...some like to follow.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:16 PM
werd

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by BackinBlackTL
oh yeah, and NO DAY DATES, highway to the friend zone...hahaaa
I disagree. Even with a less immature girl. The key is to do something fun, something that YOU enjoy doing, to draw her into YOUR world.

However, it's incredibly important you DO communicate/express some form of interest - by touching her lightly or challenging her. If you're just "friendly" you're not doing anything to spark any interest other than friendship. You have to push the boundaries a bit - if you're fairly aggressive you can turn almost any day date into something more. The earlier you communicate your interest, and not just by asking her out to lunch, the sooner she'll find you attractive as a normal young sexual man. Don't be afraid of your sexuality.

If she rejects your advances, find someone else, she's not feeling you. The end. You can persist a bit, but don't get your hopes up.

Hence the reason why you spend AS LITTLE time/money/energy on girls that aren't worth it. And, is also why, you date MULTIPLE women. And, is also why, you DON'T do any elaborate overly romantic and sappy things BEFORE you even know this girl VERY WELL. I'm talking two or three or four months into dating AT LEAST. If you set up some fancy dinner at some French restaurant on your second date you're gonna to look desperate and needy. And in fact you probably would be desperate and needy.

Also, dating multiple women prevents guys from investing WAY too much emotionally in one girl, giving her WAY too much power. You have to get rid of your vulnerabilities one way or another. Or at the least guard them.

You should get to the point where a girl flaking on you, deceiving you, etc. doesn't even bother you. You must accept that as the nature of some women and be glad you found out sooner rather than later. Put yourself on a pedestal, not her, and hold yourself to a high standard.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:20 PM
Team Owner

Nothing wrong with a day date. I've gotten laid after a day at a park or beach just as well as after a night of drinking.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:38 PM
What Would Don Draper Do?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nothing wrong with a day date, imo.

but i'd just tell her straight up: do you wanna hang out or not?

otherwise, she'll keep wasting your time, and you'll keep wasting AZ bandwidth.
Old 04-17-2008, 05:50 PM
intelligentsia

Location: Land of cheap vodka, hot girls, and great nightlife
Just don't get caught in the trap. If it seriously bothers you that much tell her you never want to see her or talk to her again. Maybe she would get the hint of stop being a bitch and leading things on.
Old 04-18-2008, 05:27 PM
Drifting

I never put any effort into making plans with her, it was mostly on her end. She would ask me out and flake, but I had other things to do so it was more of an annoyance then anything.

So she contacts me yesterday and I basically tell her wtf we were supposed to hang out yesterday and not to make plans if you don't go through with it. She could tell I was pissed, so she was like "I obviously want to otherwise I wouldnt ask, Im just stupid and going through shitty stuff (her mom is sick). I hope we can hang out later, I really want to Joey. Im sorry".

I tell her to call me later that evening when I'm done running errands. She wanted to come to my place but it still sucks atm, so I go over to her apartment and we watch Cannibal Holocaust, hang out, smoke and watch some other crazy ass movies then later on drank with her roommates. It went well and she wants to do it again. We'll see what happens.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:11 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 113 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by amisconception
I disagree. Even with a less immature girl. The key is to do something fun, something that YOU enjoy doing, to draw her into YOUR world.

However, it's incredibly important you DO communicate/express some form of interest - by touching her lightly or challenging her. If you're just "friendly" you're not doing anything to spark any interest other than friendship. You have to push the boundaries a bit - if you're fairly aggressive you can turn almost any day date into something more. The earlier you communicate your interest, and not just by asking her out to lunch, the sooner she'll find you attractive as a normal young sexual man. Don't be afraid of your sexuality.

If she rejects your advances, find someone else, she's not feeling you. The end. You can persist a bit, but don't get your hopes up.

Hence the reason why you spend AS LITTLE time/money/energy on girls that aren't worth it. And, is also why, you date MULTIPLE women. And, is also why, you DON'T do any elaborate overly romantic and sappy things BEFORE you even know this girl VERY WELL. I'm talking two or three or four months into dating AT LEAST. If you set up some fancy dinner at some French restaurant on your second date you're gonna to look desperate and needy. And in fact you probably would be desperate and needy.

Also, dating multiple women prevents guys from investing WAY too much emotionally in one girl, giving her WAY too much power. You have to get rid of your vulnerabilities one way or another. Or at the least guard them.

You should get to the point where a girl flaking on you, deceiving you, etc. doesn't even bother you. You must accept that as the nature of some women and be glad you found out sooner rather than later. Put yourself on a pedestal, not her, and hold yourself to a high standard.
A lot of time it's all about the denominator.
Old 04-19-2008, 01:08 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by zguy95135
I never put any effort into making plans with her, it was mostly on her end. She would ask me out and flake, but I had other things to do so it was more of an annoyance then anything.

So she contacts me yesterday and I basically tell her wtf we were supposed to hang out yesterday and not to make plans if you don't go through with it. She could tell I was pissed, so she was like "I obviously want to otherwise I wouldnt ask, Im just stupid and going through shitty stuff (her mom is sick). I hope we can hang out later, I really want to Joey. Im sorry".

I tell her to call me later that evening when I'm done running errands. She wanted to come to my place but it still sucks atm, so I go over to her apartment and we watch Cannibal Holocaust, hang out, smoke and watch some other crazy ass movies then later on drank with her roommates. It went well and she wants to do it again. We'll see what happens.
Sounds like you are back on track...
Old 04-19-2008, 03:06 PM
Unregistered user

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
don't be too antsy....

plus at our age, some are get around... a lot =D

anyways, sounds like everything might work out
Old 04-20-2008, 09:46 PM
Drifting

She did it again

When I hung out at her place as I was leaving she said to call her the next day if I wanted to do something. So I give her a call the next evening to see if she was free on the weekend. She said yea, and that she was going to some open mic thing downtown that night and that I should come along. I agree, sure that sounds like fun and she said she'd call me in an hour when she was done getting ready. An hour passes, two. No call . I call her to see whats up and no one picks up. I just say fuck it and go to sleep.

The next afternoon she texts me and asks what I'm doing that day. WTF. Why would she ask me to do something and then blow me off? She's not the type to mess with someone intentionally, and I'm better looking then her tbh. So I dont think it would be that she's just trying to fuck with me.

What I have noticed with her is that is she gets anxious about something she'll just completely avoid it. She told me she's bad with her phone and that it gives her anxiety (weird, but I've heard it before). So is she just anxious about going out and not calling me back or what?

I have see her tomorrow in class and I'll see what she says.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:00 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Too wild for me...that would be too annoying to keep dealing with, I would pass. Your call...
Old 04-20-2008, 10:29 PM
Earth-bound misfit

Received 608 Likes on 312 Posts
You are FAR more patient about that crap than I would be. :shakehead
Old 04-20-2008, 11:05 PM
Unregistered user

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i don't get it man... either her phone is whack or she's whack... she should mention everytime she flakkes on you... wtf.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:08 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by sixsixfour
you should have moved on after 2 times. this kind of teenage bullshit is what i dont miss. id give her a taste of her own medicine if i were you though.

if she makes plans, step it up (tell her to meet you at some fancy restaurant at a certain time) and then dont show up. when she calls, dont pick up. then at class, ignore the life outta her. that should get your point across to not ever mess with you again.

, , and
Old 04-20-2008, 11:39 PM
What Would Don Draper Do?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wndrlst
+1.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:53 AM
Team Owner

You need to move on. Everytime you post a response like the one above I'm sure there are a bunch of people that would like to line up and smack the crap out of you. Kinda like that scene in Airplane. Google it.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:24 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Hahahaha...This thread title should be changed to "WTF is up with me??"

Self esteem young padawan...self esteem...
Old 04-21-2008, 02:47 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by LIPPSTUH
i don't get it man... either her phone is whack or she's whack... she should mention everytime she flakkes on you... wtf.
lol Thats what I'm saying, I dont get it.

Originally Posted by darksom1
Hahahaha...This thread title should be changed to "WTF is up with me??"

Self esteem young padawan...self esteem...
No its not a matter of self esteem, if she wanted to make plans when I'm just kicking back relaxing watching some TV and then end up flaking so be it , its not that big of a deal. Its not like I was canceling plans to go out with her instead. Either way my patience has run out and I don't feel like dealing with it anymore. Its too bad though, she was really chill.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:00 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 113 Likes on 78 Posts

No its not a matter of self esteem, if she wanted to make plans when I'm just kicking back relaxing watching some TV and then end up flaking so be it , its not that big of a deal. Its not like I was canceling plans to go out with her instead. Either way my patience has run out and I don't feel like dealing with it anymore. Its too bad though, she was really chill.
IMO, it's not so much about what you were doing at that time that she blew you off. It's the fact that "she blew you off." Especially since she was the one that took the lead to invite you to open mic. I don't care how jacked up her cell is, it's a fundamental lack of respect on her part. I don't care if she calls you, sends a text, or drives over to your doorstep. It's simple courtesy to let you know what's up. Unless she had some kind of emergency, that type of behavior would be a deal-breaker imo.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:28 PM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts
She did it again

When I hung out at her place as I was leaving she said to call her the next day if I wanted to do something. So I give her a call the next evening to see if she was free on the weekend. She said yea, and that she was going to some open mic thing downtown that night and that I should come along. I agree, sure that sounds like fun and she said she'd call me in an hour when she was done getting ready. An hour passes, two. No call . I call her to see whats up and no one picks up. I just say fuck it and go to sleep.

The next afternoon she texts me and asks what I'm doing that day. WTF. Why would she ask me to do something and then blow me off? She's not the type to mess with someone intentionally, and I'm better looking then her tbh. So I dont think it would be that she's just trying to fuck with me.

What I have noticed with her is that is she gets anxious about something she'll just completely avoid it. She told me she's bad with her phone and that it gives her anxiety (weird, but I've heard it before). So is she just anxious about going out and not calling me back or what?

I have see her tomorrow in class and I'll see what she says.
If you're better looking than her, use it to your advantage. There are probably 3-4 other girls interested in you. If she really wanted you that bad, she would MAKE SURE to get as many meets in as possible.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:40 PM

+1000000000000000000 if she's playing games, she's winning....man up and kick her to the curb....or maybe she's just being nice and inviting you somewhere just to invite? to make you feel better?

Wndrlst: next time we're in Houston, pick me up at 8pm for a night of Papadeaux
Old 04-21-2008, 11:41 PM
Feenin on some 20's

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
I kinda feel you on this bro. This one girl i know is the same ! Sounds like she doesn't knwo what she wants. Move on bro!
Old 04-22-2008, 10:59 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

LOL! Nah, what I meant by the self-esteem part was that you should have too much self-esteem to be lowering yourself to this bitch's standards and games! You don't need her, so move on. Yu never know, she might be over there with her friends saying watch me do it to his ass again! Like Lucy and Charlie Brown with the football!! Hahahahahaha!