Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

Why do women think a key is an invitation for them to move in ?

Old 07-12-2005 | 08:21 AM
teh Senior Instigator

From: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Originally Posted by SDCGTSX
I'm not a proponent of either view. I'm just stating the research. I think we can both agree that it always depends on the 2 people, but it's interesting to see what studies are out there to understand what affects other people. I do think that the most important factor is the reason why you decided to live together. Convenience, delay tactics, and financial reasons are obviously bad ones.

yea, i just sent an email to my professors, gonna see if any of their research is online so I can post it up as well

also, the first study you posted is rather amusing. So basically the only marriages that "last" are those that are virgins who share w/ each other their dreams but don't get into any real relationship situations (I.E. money talks, each others duties; which are the two biggest causes of divorce).
Old 07-12-2005 | 08:28 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Hey, it seems like we're two peas in a pod. We don't really want to womanize, we want to meet a girl who can be our equals and beat us at our own games. Call it immaturity, call it whatever you want but it's true. A lot of guys who play the game is looking for a girl who can put a stop to it. I just hope for all guys everywhere that your girl was able to slow you down and FORCE you to grow up and man up. I'm still looking for that sort of woman.
You just hit the nail on the head w/ my situation
Old 07-12-2005 | 10:59 AM
Banned

Ahem...

"WHY BUY THE COW ... WHEN YOU CAN GET THE MILK FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Sorry, it's funny.
Old 07-12-2005 | 11:19 AM
No longer in denial

Hey, it seems like we're two peas in a pod. We don't really want to womanize, we want to meet a girl who can be our equals and beat us at our own games. Call it immaturity, call it whatever you want but it's true. A lot of guys who play the game is looking for a girl who can put a stop to it. I just hope for all guys everywhere that your girl was able to slow you down and FORCE you to grow up and man up. .
Yeah I've tried to do that.. and people wonder why I'm psycho now...

But I can atleast say if the guys I've dealt with didn't grow up, they are atleast screwed up in the head for awhile
Old 07-12-2005 | 05:58 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by PsychoInDenial
Yeah I've tried to do that.. and people wonder why I'm psycho now...

But I can atleast say if the guys I've dealt with didn't grow up, they are atleast screwed up in the head for awhile
I thought you were psycho because you tried to kill all your ex bfs w/ a chopstick.
Old 07-12-2005 | 05:59 PM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

I thought you were psycho because you tried to kill all your ex bfs w/ a chopstick.
One of them tried to kill her with his crooked dick.
Old 07-12-2005 | 07:15 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by Xenogen
. Relationships where partners live together do not work out.
really? ive been living together with joe for about 3 years now and were great.
Old 07-12-2005 | 08:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SilviaGTO
Let me know when you guys break up
Old 07-12-2005 | 10:53 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SilviaGTO
Really?

Why aren't you married yet? 3 years and no ring? I'm sure you are a great woman...but at the same time it seems he doesn't appreciate you and is unwilling to commit. Unsure of himself and what he really wants - do you really want a wishy-washy man lik that? Is this really what you wnat out of life??? A man who can't commit to you? What about your desires for a family and somebody to settle down with...he's just keeping the cow for free. Dump his ass.

You deserve somebody who is willing to commit to you and give you the life you deserve.

When you decide give me a call because I will take care of you like he never will.

Last edited by spidey07; 07-12-2005 at 10:55 PM.
Old 07-12-2005 | 10:55 PM
Who am I?

you are gonna end up marrying this broad
Old 07-12-2005 | 11:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by thatguy
you are gonna end up marrying this broad
I doubt it, I cant get married while I'm still in med school, and shes not financially stable yet.
Old 07-13-2005 | 07:00 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Originally Posted by spidey07
Really?

Why aren't you married yet? 3 years and no ring? I'm sure you are a great woman...but at the same time it seems he doesn't appreciate you and is unwilling to commit. Unsure of himself and what he really wants - do you really want a wishy-washy man lik that? Is this really what you wnat out of life??? A man who can't commit to you? What about your desires for a family and somebody to settle down with...he's just keeping the cow for free. Dump his ass.

You deserve somebody who is willing to commit to you and give you the life you deserve.

When you decide give me a call because I will take care of you like he never will.

i'm sorry, but that's just plane fucking retarded. there can be many many reasons he hasn't proposed yet and i'm sure none of them are he's unwilling to commit. Hell he's basically already committed he's living w/ her!!!!

Take it from someone who was accused by many of doing that and who has friends who aer in the situation. It most likely has NOTHING to do w/ that.

Now sure, there are probably some statistics out there that will support your comment, but there also are statistics that says cocaine will kill you, yet the chances of you going out and doing it and dieing are slim
Old 07-13-2005 | 12:28 PM
No longer in denial

Where the hell did you come up with a fucking chopstick?
Old 07-13-2005 | 08:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PsychoInDenial

Where the hell did you come up with a fucking chopstick?

Xeno is in med school?
Old 07-13-2005 | 08:48 PM
East Coast Boost.!

I have a good friend 26 now, lived with his Gf from 23-25, and I think he lost it. He moved back home with his rents for a while. I would rather live at home also. His house had so many nicknacks and BS i would have killed myself. I couldn't even tell he lived there.

I'm moving into NYC soon. I pray to god I don't meet some whore that thinks she can camp out at my place. I'm scared to even tell some of these crazy bitches where I live.
Old 07-13-2005 | 09:54 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Titand19
I'm scared to even tell some of these crazy bitches where I live.
Can you at least tell my tow truck driver where to find your car

:thief:
Old 07-13-2005 | 10:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by M TYPE X

Xeno is in med school?
Old 07-13-2005 | 10:49 PM
Suzuka Master

So...We all know what happened with me, and right now I'm pretty much but why is it that because I gave her a key, is it necessary for her to move her shit in my place. I feel like shes softening the blow, for when shes wants to have the "I think we should move in" conversation. Relationships where partners live together do not work out. Anyways...I think Im just a little mad because she moved my speakers.
Don't you think she is leaving some stuff in your place out of convenience? If she sleeps at your place about 3x week, it's only practical to have toiletries and fresh clothes at hand.
Old 07-13-2005 | 11:01 PM
Beware of leakage

Quit giving out your keys dipshit, and you won;t have this problem.
Old 07-13-2005 | 11:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sasha
Don't you think she is leaving some stuff in your place out of convenience? If she sleeps at your place about 3x week, it's only practical to have toiletries and fresh clothes at hand.
Sasha...I now know this is what shes doing...I said earlier that it was just a shock having her stuff at my place. I think I overeacted and did what I always do...imagine the worst case scenerio. This...plus her moving somethings not meant to be moved just made me a little angry. Its all good now...Ive explained the rules to her.
Old 07-13-2005 | 11:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Chopper
Quit giving out your keys dipshit, and you won;t have this problem.
Well...You need to give me back the key I gave you damn it. Im getting tired of bitches coming to my place looking for you.
Old 07-13-2005 | 11:26 PM
Beware of leakage

Well...You need to give me back the key I gave you damn it. Im getting tired of bitches coming to my place looking for you.
They are imposters I tell you. Tell my twin brother Randy to quit tellig people he's me.
Old 07-13-2005 | 11:30 PM
Who am I?

I doubt it, I cant get married while I'm still in med school, and shes not financially stable yet.
true. she's still in undergrad?
Old 07-13-2005 | 11:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by thatguy
true. she's still in undergrad?
Yup...shes gettin an MBA
Old 07-14-2005 | 02:19 AM
Pro

isn't this the girl that you were desperate not to lose??? and now you are complaining that you have her??
Old 07-14-2005 | 09:45 AM
is learning to moonwalk i

Originally Posted by CLpower
the fucked up thing is she is trying to out me and she actually has me saving the lint for her
wtf? Are you going to spin the lint into thread and have her knit a blanket out of it?

Xeno - the instant you gave her the key, you gave her free reign to take over your place. Little by little, it will turn into the collective "your" place. Then it will be her place where she allows you to keep a few of your possessions Good luck.