Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

WHERE to go on a first date?

Old 08-02-2005 | 09:51 AM
Banned

WHERE to go on a first date?

yea, i know, similar to previous thread...

so i met this girl at a bar on saturday. she came up to me and told me she takes the train with me everyday, and gets on at the same stop. shes 20, im 21. so i called her a few days later, and made plans to meet up on wednesday (tomorrow).

im looking for options on where to go?
dinner seems too boring, and more of an interview
fun activities would be nice, but i dont want this to be like an episode of "Blind-Date"

can you guys think of somewhere chill to go / do? maybe go to Fridays and get some drinks / appitizers? or maybe the local bar, i have no idea.

keep in mind, we go to different colleges and are both leaving in 3 weeks. (she lives 5 min. away from me now) but i could tell we are very interested in each other. so i basically have to move at a fast pace if i have 3 weeks to work my magic.

im not really used to going on a date with someone i dont know TOO well. most of my dates are with girls i was once friends with, or a friend of a friend.
Old 08-02-2005 | 09:59 AM
Senior Moderator

Well, you just said it...you aren't used to going on a date with someone you don't know too well....That's more of a reason to go out to dinner and talk to them, to get to know them a little better. It's not an interview, it's dinner. Dinner is always a sure bet. Friday's isn't really my idea of a first date place, I would do something a little fancier.
Old 08-02-2005 | 10:10 AM
Banned

i was just thinking of Fridays as an example b/c its a little laid back and has a bar atmosphere as well.

i dont want to scare this girl off by taking her to a really nice restaurant. shes 20 yrs old, leaving town in 3 weeks. shes looking for a nice guy she could hang out with and hook up with. shes not a 25 yr old looking for a serious relationship. you guys think im making sense on the subject? or should i really wine and dine her? b/c i dont really have a problem with that, i just want to know what you think she will be most comfortable with.
Old 08-02-2005 | 10:12 AM
likes it raw

Mickey D's. Maybe let her supersize.
Old 08-02-2005 | 10:21 AM
Banned

i dont want this baby getting fat
Old 08-02-2005 | 10:28 AM
fdl
Senior Moderator

How can we answer this without seeing pics first?
Old 08-02-2005 | 10:30 AM
likes it raw

Originally Posted by Jaydef03
In the 3 weeks you'll know her for
Old 08-02-2005 | 10:32 AM
sumbdy gettin used 2nite!

i was just thinking of Fridays as an example b/c its a little laid back and has a bar atmosphere as well.

i dont want to scare this girl off by taking her to a really nice restaurant. shes 20 yrs old, leaving town in 3 weeks. shes looking for a nice guy she could hang out with and hook up with. shes not a 25 yr old looking for a serious relationship. you guys think im making sense on the subject? or should i really wine and dine her? b/c i dont really have a problem with that, i just want to know what you think she will be most comfortable with.
I'll be dayumed if I'm looking for a serious relationship when I'm 25. But to get on subject. Do something that might involve some touching, or not... miniature golf, maybe gokart racing, first, then go to dinner. get her smiling and laughing before dinner. Got any comedy clubs in the area?
Old 08-02-2005 | 10:33 AM

And Friday's is a good atmosphere.
Old 08-02-2005 | 10:35 AM
Banned

no pics... she looks exactly like lindsay lohan without the freckles.... and her hair is a little less red.
Old 08-02-2005 | 10:38 AM
Banned

comedy club sounds great. i dont think there are any in the area. (lower westchester) i could bring her to one in the city, but i dont have my apartment (split with bro) freed up there that nite.
Old 08-02-2005 | 10:47 AM
Banned

a nice pub that has outdoor seating on a nice strip in White Plains... i think that sounds good.
Old 08-02-2005 | 10:50 AM
Burn some dust here

Mini-golf, McDonalds, Sneak into a movie, bedroom

If she wants a second date, she either 1) is a whore or 2) she likes you. So take her on a "normal date" the second time (no bedroom) and if she still wants to go out again, you have something promising for the long run.
Old 08-02-2005 | 10:58 AM
Burning Brakes

You are on a 3 week schedule. From what I gather, you are trying to wham, bam, thank you ma'am and have a little summer fling fun. If you are even thinking about some BS long distance relationship during college, forget it. You are in college, go out with someone in or near your school.

From your story I gather....
1. She likes you. She noticed you at the train station, remembered you, CAME UP TO YOU (HUGE) and introduced herself to you.
2. You like her. You are a guy, she was probably attractive enough, and now you want to get some before she leaves.

I'm going to assume that she feels the same way. She knows that it's most likely only going to be a summer fling. But she's a girl and girls LOVE drama and romance. She wants something she can daydream about at work, and talk to her girlfriends about on the phone. She wants some excitement and romance in her life for that 5 week time. It's now up to you to provide that romance and put some summer excitement into her life. (As a sidenote, all girls what that all the time but the summer fling is slightly different because of the accelerated schedule.)

Typically, I'm all about a casual 1st date and making her work for your attention but this is a different situation. She already shown that she likes you, it's a summer thing where both sides want to be hot and heavy FAST, and in this case you want to flame her romantic fantasies fast. You want her heart to be pitter pattering from the first date and by the 2nd or 3rd date, you should be in the sack like Jack.

Like Shoofin said, Friday's is too loud, casual, and typical. You don't want to spend a fortune but you do want to go somewhere romantic. Romantic, not just expensive. Ask a girl, there's a big difference. Also, if you go too far out and try to impress the girl, she will often either 1) you just want to impress her and want to get in her pants and be slightly on the defensive until you prove yourself otherwise, 2) if she's an evil dater, she'll just take it for granted and use you.

So find some cute place where it's not too loud, lighting and ambiance is good, where you can be charming and funny. Don't be nervous, remember she basically asked you out, you just went through the motions but she's pulling the strings. Be natural and have fun at your date. Don't be too touchy feely and keep the whole date fun. She should be smiling or laughing the entire date. She should be giving you all the touch moves and your job is to just be relaxed and receptive to her touches but NOT touching her. By the end of the date, you just play by ear. You should know instinctively if she wants to jump your bones or not.

If she's shy and isn't the type of girl who is comfortable with sleeping with you on the first night, then just read her signal whether she wants a kiss or not. If she's confident enough to come up to you at a bar, I'd figure she'll give you a kiss if you moved in on her. You want HER to give you the kiss. You just move in like you are going to kiss her and let her give you the kiss and then you reciprocate. If you move in and she moves back like she saw a spider, just laugh it off and say good night.

If you close the deal on the first night, then it's just smooth sailing from there on. If you get a kiss but nothing more, tell her you had a good time and say good night. Don't tell her that you want to see her again, Don't tell her that you'll call her tomorrow, next week, nothing. Just tell her that you enjoyed the night and say good night. You want her thinking about you and wondering whether you are going to call, etc. Her female mind will be thinking up all sorts of things and just thinking about you.

If you think she had a bad time and you get nothing but a standoffish vibe, DON'T try to save the date by dragging it on. Just end it quick and decisively and maybe give her a call a week later and see if there's anything to salvage, but one bad date usually is the end of it.
Old 08-02-2005 | 11:06 AM
Guinea Pig

no pics... she looks exactly like lindsay lohan without the freckles.... and her hair is a little less red.
hehehe...I love it when people say stuff like that. It's exactly like this, but without this, this and that.

I say take her to a bar! Fridays sounds perfect! You can get drinks and a snack if you're hungry. The bar is a little bit louder so that your conversation is yours and not the rest of the restaraunts. Usually in a restaraunt it's quiet and a bit awkward, so it's a bit more difficult to just get comfy with someone without feeling like the 20yr couple eating next to you are monitoring your first date.

Besides, if you a couple of drinks in her she may let you
Old 08-02-2005 | 11:13 AM
Banned

thanks Dr. Judy. that was very helpful, seriously.

i think im going to take her to this nice pub i mentioned before. get some drinks and maybe a little food. it has a nice roped off outdoor seating area, so it wont be too loud and obnoxious. if things go well, we could leave there after an 1.5 / 2 hours and hang out at my place for a bit. watch a movie there or whatever.
Old 08-02-2005 | 11:16 AM
The hair says it all

take her to candlelight
Old 08-02-2005 | 11:17 AM
Banned

im with cjams here. going to a quiet restaurant doesnt make sense in my situation. and this girl is slamming. plus she was "eye fucking the shit out of me" (refer to Wedding Crashing thread in rambling). haha. so it would be nice to get a couple drinks in her
Old 08-02-2005 | 11:19 AM
Banned

she lives like 3 blocks away from candlelight, im sure she goes there all the time. plus thats like where i took out girls when i was 16. not a good idea now
Old 08-02-2005 | 11:44 AM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

This thread helped me out too!
Old 08-02-2005 | 12:28 PM
Banned

yea, this thread was helpful.

maybe i should woo her with my freestyles.
or tell her about my adventures with Fastacura.
haha, COMPLETELY kidding
Old 08-02-2005 | 12:32 PM
Who am I?

comedy club sounds great. i dont think there are any in the area. (lower westchester) i could bring her to one in the city, but i dont have my apartment (split with bro) freed up there that nite.
rascals at the palisades mall. Lots of shit to do there.
Old 08-02-2005 | 12:38 PM
Banned

thanks for the info. ill consider that for a second date. i think the 30 min drive each way to the palisades may be a bit quiet and awkward for date #1. IMO
Old 08-02-2005 | 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by CJams
hehehe...I love it when people say stuff like that. It's exactly like this, but without this, this and that.

I say take her to a bar! Fridays sounds perfect! You can get drinks and a snack if you're hungry. The bar is a little bit louder so that your conversation is yours and not the rest of the restaraunts. Usually in a restaraunt it's quiet and a bit awkward, so it's a bit more difficult to just get comfy with someone without feeling like the 20yr couple eating next to you are monitoring your first date.

Besides, if you a couple of drinks in her she may let you
And not to mention the tables can be a bit far away so you might start talking loudly for her to hear you. Even though she's not 21 she can still sit at the bar.
Old 08-07-2005 | 08:24 AM
Safety Car

So how did this turn out?
Old 08-07-2005 | 08:58 AM
Advanced

im with cjams here. going to a quiet restaurant doesnt make sense in my situation. and this girl is slamming. plus she was "eye fucking the shit out of me" (refer to Wedding Crashing thread in rambling). haha. so it would be nice to get a couple drinks in her

Love can wait to GIVE, Lust can't wait to GET...
Old 08-07-2005 | 01:33 PM

take her to a strip club, so she can see what a woman SHOULD look like. But take her there before going out to dinner, so she will not order the fattening food from the menu.
Old 08-07-2005 | 01:38 PM
Who am I?

Originally Posted by BigPimp
So how did this turn out?
jaydef got banned, lol