Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

What are YOUR views on double standards?

Old 03-03-2010 | 09:33 PM
Drifting

What are YOUR views on double standards?

IMO, women at this age, for the most part, have a sexual appetite just like dudes. It's a broad move to worry about what happened years ago. I feel that if she's clean, doesn't have any kids hiding away somewhere, and she's faithful to you, then shut the hell up and live life.

The question I ask myself of any woman i deal with is:

Is she burning?
Has she been burned?
Is she 'loose as a goose' ? (i.e a willing participant on 'Who wants to run a train' etc. ) *this right here is more important to me than the sheer number of men she has been with*

After that, you're good because your never REALLY going to know how many dudes she has been with. I don't even play that numbers game no more.

A big part of the problem is men look at these females through squeaky clean sunglasses. Ya'll given NO room for error. If you stop looking at the general idea of a women as someone who does absolutely no wrong...than you can understand that ain't nothing "wrong" with her having sex with somebody else...relationship or not. There are limits to that of course. But I'm talking in general. I wouldn't expect ANY MAN to have the "oh well. all that matters is what she does with me" mentality to a woman that done ran through a whole Varsity squad before.

thoughts?
Old 03-03-2010 | 11:01 PM
"DD" Designated Drinker

im not one to point out error but if a girl is into have'n the train ran on her and is loose as a goose then ill pass no matter what. id understand if she had friends with benifits and i did too. but if its a relationship then hell no.
Old 03-04-2010 | 06:08 PM
SPINNNNNNN!!

Eww.... train action girl... Pass...
Old 03-04-2010 | 07:47 PM
Drifting

damn, you guys can't read

There are limits to that of course.
Old 03-04-2010 | 11:49 PM
"DD" Designated Drinker

let me rephrase. if i knew a girl back in the day and she was getn run by the varsity squad then i probably wont ever be interested. but im not really catching the point. Typically the girls that did or do that stay with that. i wasnt a sports star or player at that so i went for the mall rats.
Old 03-07-2010 | 08:17 AM
Great. Now he's loose.

I had a lot of fun back in the day. The eighties were a blast. Nineties wern't bad either. I just don't ever understand why some of you guys think that it's all cool for you to bang as many chicks as possible, but won't be accountable. Yet you want virgins. It's immature.

Tell you what.... after a certain age, I just had NO desire to be a teacher anymore. Anyone that I have chosen to keep around for any length of time had better already know what's up.

Why wouldn't you want a woman that is CLEAN, like the OP said, but is also really interested and really GOOD at sex. When you get a little older, it doesn't matter "how many" per say, as much as it matters how a partner has handeled the past relationships and break-ups. That is to say, how they have grown to appreciate what they like and how to immerse themself in what you like.
Old 03-07-2010 | 12:10 PM
Team Owner

As long as they aren't into banging random people and know how to handle a relationship than numbers don't matter. In fact, if they do know how to handle a relationship the numbers shouldn't be that bad anyway.

Goes for man or woman.
Old 03-08-2010 | 12:23 PM
Secret Agent

Agreed. The last thing I want is a chick that just goes and fucks a bunch of guys. No double standard there. Now if I was a guy that got into a bunch of women for nothing but sex, then maybe so. What's good for the goose...... Not me though. Sex is a by-product of a good relationship. Friends ---- Best friends ---- mind blowing sex unlike anything ever before.
Old 03-09-2010 | 03:32 PM
Instructor

As a general rule Guys should never ask, How big how many how good etc... we really dont wanta know LOL Feelings would be getting hurt
Old 03-09-2010 | 04:33 PM
takin care of Business in

i dont think the number matters toooo much....it does because u dont want the entire city knowing how ur girl is....

i dont call it sex....i call it making love....if she was a FB (not facebook...fawk buddy) to 10-20 guys....heck no i wont be with her (for more than 2 nights)....but if she was in relations at some point of time with 10-20 guys it wudnt matter as much !!!

we guys dont really look into number but self esteem of the lady, since it becomes our pride !!! let me elaborate on this....if your girl has been banged by every room mate of urs, where is the pride ??? where as if she hasnt, then she comes with self esteem and i would not pass up on that.....

i believe you gotta go thro ur share of wrong chics/dudes (no homo ) to find the right one wrt compatibility, understanding, etc etc and if she has been thro the same i would respect her and keep her !!!
Old 03-09-2010 | 04:49 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

I think it's healthy to know the past, but it's not healthy to keep bringing it up. No matter if you're a guy or girl, you should always focus on the present and not on the past.
Old 03-09-2010 | 05:23 PM

You failed anatomy didn't you.
Old 03-09-2010 | 05:32 PM

I'm not going to get into a discussion at length but you might be screwing a hot chick with a vice grip between her legs.. it doesn't mean she hasn't been around the block.. vice versa as well.
Old 03-09-2010 | 09:27 PM
Team Owner

I was with one girl that felt so loose that I actually asked her if she had any kids. I was 20, she was 18, I didn't really like her that much and I didn't know any better. Needless to say, that was the last date.
Old 03-09-2010 | 09:45 PM
werd

Originally Posted by eggyhustles
IMO, women at this age, for the most part, have a sexual appetite just like dudes.
Women have sexual appetites at more than "this" age, and I'm assuming you mean early-20s. Believe me.

It's a broad move to worry about what happened years ago.
In general, yes, but the past can reveal characteristics and trends that may have implications and consequences today. STDs anyone? If you want to get married, how's her credit?

I feel that if she's clean, doesn't have any kids hiding away somewhere, and she's faithful to you, then shut the hell up and live life.
If by "live life" you mean to sit idly and stop thinking, then I would have to disagree with you.

And you can't trust if she's clean, ever, because some testing is delayed, you have sex early, and condoms aren't 100%

The question I ask myself of any woman i deal with is:

Is she burning?

Has she been burned?
Emotionally scared? Low self-esteem? Not sure what this means...

Is she 'loose as a goose' ? (i.e a willing participant on 'Who wants to run a train' etc. ) *this right here is more important to me than the sheer number of men she has been with*
Yea, that kind of behavior is a huge red flag. But, you're not likely to run into that type of girl all the time, so it's not worth thinking about it, especially if you have a great connection, you'll ruin that spark with paranoia. Not to mention that she'd never admit it to you anyway

After that, you're good because your never REALLY going to know how many dudes she has been with. I don't even play that numbers game no more.

thoughts?
My thoughts are that double-standards have always existed, but only in terms of our biological and instinctual imperatives. Mainstream feminism preaches that women are capable of doing anything that men can, but that's obviously not true. All this does is create expectations for women that are counter to their typical imperatives. When it becomes institutionalized, via overzealous legislation and academia, it becomes a social burden.

If I'm dating a girl, and she wants to reject her femininity because of some arbitrary or external influence, I'm quickly going to lose interest. First, she won't be as pretty, because there's nothing clever feminists hate more than women making themselves sexually available to men. It quickly loses its interest. Second, I like girls that submit to me, and want me to dominate. That's the masculine essence I feel most comfortable with. A girl that subscribes to the source of double-standard criticism isn't going to make me much of a priority, because she'll find my dominance antithetical to her ego-investment.
Old 03-10-2010 | 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Majofo
You failed anatomy didn't you.
Originally Posted by Majofo
I'm not going to get into a discussion at length but you might be screwing a hot chick with a vice grip between her legs.. it doesn't mean she hasn't been around the block.. vice versa as well.

I'm guessing Tshirt Ninja was a spammer or was a banned member who came back???? any mod care to share?