Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

What To Do About A Possible Stalker?

Old 09-19-2005 | 07:33 PM
Banned

What To Do About A Possible Stalker?

My gf returns home with a note from some guy who left it on her car while she was working. He followed her to work this morning staring at her with a bunch of mental patients in the van he was driving. The note reads as this

"This may seem a little weird but I saw you earlier on the road and just want to know if you are involved with anyone. If not I would like to take you out to dinner. I am the driver of a silver van that could not take his eyes off of you. Anyway if interested call me @ 815-***-**** and my name is Jim. And by the way I am employed at the facility on the reverse side of this paper, I'm not a patient."

Turn over the paper and the guy is employed at Elgin Mental Health Center.

What would be the appropriate means of action here?

i guess i'm looking for a way to take this guys phone # and make his life a living hell with a million phone calls a day or something.........looking for ideas to mess with this guy

I thought about calling the police, but I don't really think the guy did anything wrong, besides being the usual leg humper taking it to a higher level.........
Old 09-19-2005 | 07:37 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

He hasn't done anything wrong YET... have ur gf call him and tell him that she's involved in a relationship. If he continues to stalk her or bother her, then take your actions against him.
Old 09-19-2005 | 07:38 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

btw :ibmovetodating&relationships:
Old 09-19-2005 | 07:40 PM
Go Giants

Girl should avoid him. If they meet then she should tell him that she's involved. If he doesn't stop, call the police.
Old 09-19-2005 | 07:41 PM
is learning to moonwalk i

I would advise against any sort of "messing" with this guy. You can't be sure he isn't a patient, or at least that he shouldn't be a patient.

Ignore the note - i.e. do not call the guy - but have your GF keep her eyes open while driving. See if she can get the license plate number and phone number of the facility. Maybe call the facility and ask if said person works there. If anything out of the ordinary happens, just make sure she has her cell phone and can give the pertinent information to authorities if needed.

IMHO, messing with him will just invite more trouble.
Old 09-19-2005 | 07:44 PM
ric
Safety Car

Absolutely the first step is to not respond, might just egg him on. Second is to get all his data - license plate, etc. Some private detective can garner all that data in about three minutes given that he provided a phone number. THird is to watch him like a hawk. Fourth is to report him to both his employer and the cops if he makes so much as a pass.

The guy may just be a harmless but egotistical guy with a visual crush on your gf, or he may be a nutcase. If he is the former, he will go away if not encouraged. If he is the latter, you need to be proactive for the moment that his behavior steps over the line.
Old 09-19-2005 | 07:47 PM
Big Block go VROOOM!

I think you would have every right to have the police verify that the dude does, in fact, work there and is not a patient. Also, it was probably the guy's own van, but if if he's following your GF with a van load of mental patients, that might give one of them a bad idea should they snap.

I live about fifteen minutes away from Elgin Mental Health Center and I recall reading a few things that the police take stuff related to that place pretty seriously. Oh, and I drive a silver TSX, not a van.
Old 09-19-2005 | 08:02 PM
Drifting

If this happened to my wife I would meet her at her car watching for the guy and to make sure he doesn't follow her home. If I see him I'm not going to say anything to him BUT I'm going to follow him back to where he works, assuming he's driving the short bus. I'm not going to be obvious following him - I want to to see what car he's driving and write down the license plate number. If I see him at my wife's work again I'm going to follow him home to see where he lives. Yes. that's right ~ I'd stalk the stalker
There's too many weirdos in the world to take any chances.
Old 09-19-2005 | 08:05 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Originally Posted by Teh Jatt
He hasn't done anything wrong YET... have ur gf call him and tell him that she's involved in a relationship. If he continues to stalk her or bother her, then take your actions against him.
I can't believe I'm quoting the Jatt, but I agree wholeheartedly.
Old 09-19-2005 | 08:05 PM
Acurazine OG.

just leave it alone, unless something else happens.
Old 09-19-2005 | 08:09 PM
Burning Brakes

I disagree with the leave alone and fuck with approaches. I think YOU call as her boyfriend and say, "you left a note on my girlfriend's car, she's already taken so go find a girl of your own" Say it matter of fact instead of threateningly. Never know with crazy people.

If he bothers her again, then take it up with law.
Old 09-19-2005 | 08:10 PM
Luke 1:37

I would just leave it alone. Yes you could make things hell for him, but you don't have any other info on him other than a phone number. This guy KNOWS where your gf works, so making things worse is NOT the best thing.
Old 09-19-2005 | 08:25 PM
Race Director

probably just some lonely loser looking for a date. what you described is wierd but not stalking. let it go. doing otherwise will only serve to incite something.
Old 09-19-2005 | 08:37 PM
Banned

does anyone feel that her employer has a responsibility to protect her safety as it was on their property? in other words, should they be taking means to call the police or have on-site security? she did notify her manager, but I believe most of them took it as a joke. again, he didn't do anything wrong, except maybe trespassing, but there are too many wackos in the world to just brush this off.

but i do agree, messing with the guy could escalate the situation into something awful, so forget that idea.
Old 09-19-2005 | 08:54 PM
Moderator Alumnus

post the number
Old 09-19-2005 | 09:42 PM
Race Director

Hehe, forget about it. You just want to go after this guy because he propositioned your g/f. He hasn't committed a crime and the police is not going to check him out to make sure he doesn't get to go out with your g/f lol.
Old 09-19-2005 | 09:45 PM
I am Ahab!

Originally Posted by ChrisKelly5
just leave it alone, unless something else happens.
Old 09-19-2005 | 10:09 PM
Banned

HEY TJ....perfect plan right here

go to craigslist.org/car

now create an add for a excellent deal on a car. the most hits would probably be a 89-93 240sx or some other hot car at the moment, list the price as 2000 dollars, try and find a picture at best. say the car has rims, lowering springs, good condition, 100k miles. say your selling cheap because your moving or something. then list his number and the name. his number is going to blow up like crazy
Old 09-19-2005 | 10:18 PM
Moderator Alumnus

How about he's just a guy trying to get a date? How many times have you stared at a chick in a car and thought about persuing her? How many times have you found yourself wondering if you'll see her again? How many times have you caught yourself taking a picture of a girl you admire? How many times have you found yourself staring at a vial of chloroform wondering where you could abduct her? How many times have you cut yourself crying in a hot sweaty room surrounded by pictures of said girl with a blade to your arms slicing skin deep in honor of the pain she brings you. How many times have you put on a wig and pretended to be her but then realize you are not her then feeling homophobic and killing an innocent person on the street to make up for your brush with homosexuality and cross dressing. How many times have you blocked the sounds of the crying girl in your trunk as you scan the treeline on the deserted road wondering where are you going to bury her alive. How many times have you sucked on the barrel of your shotgun while wearing your deadskin mask of ex-girlfriends while covered in vaseline and candlewax?

Old 09-19-2005 | 10:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by eclipse23
How about he's just a guy trying to get a date? How many times have you stared at a chick in a car and thought about persuing her? How many times have you found yourself wondering if you'll see her again? How many times have you caught yourself taking a picture of a girl you admire? How many times have you found yourself staring at a vial of chloroform wondering where you could abduct her? How many times have you cut yourself crying in a hot sweaty room surrounded by pictures of said girl with a blade to your arms slicing skin deep in honor of the pain she brings you. How many times have you put on a wig and pretended to be her but then realize you are not her then feeling homophobic and killing an innocent person on the street to make up for your brush with homosexuality and cross dressing. How many times have you blocked the sounds of the crying girl in your trunk as you scan the treeline on the deserted road wondering where are you going to bury her alive. How many times have you sucked on the barrel of your shotgun while wearing your deadskin mask of ex-girlfriends while covered in vaseline and candlewax?

zero times

but I'll keep that in mind

41510TL, I like that idea
Old 09-19-2005 | 11:23 PM
Be Strong AND Courageous!

Originally Posted by virtualbong
I would just leave it alone. Yes you could make things hell for him, but you don't have any other info on him other than a phone number. This guy KNOWS where your gf works, so making things worse is NOT the best thing.
This guys know where she works, what she drives, her car lic tag number, what she looks like....he knows way too much about her(and can find out a hellalot more) and you know far too little about him...I would definately watch closely and have her to go home a completely different route for about 2 or three weeks...cannot take a stalker type of person too lightly!

Sick people who don't know you, but are comfortable enough, in today's sick-as-hell world, to leave you a name and number require being watched....sorry if I seem an alarmist, but I have been stalked twice...the last time (about 2 years ago) turned out terribly....
Old 09-19-2005 | 11:29 PM
Be Strong AND Courageous!

Hey...are you JIM?

...but u know they make medicine for that....

j/k....LMAO.
Old 09-20-2005 | 12:08 AM
Safety Car

buy your gf some pepper spray to be on the safe side
Old 09-20-2005 | 04:42 AM
werd

He hit on her, get over it.

I agree with most here, if he persists step in, if he doesn't, who cares.
Old 09-20-2005 | 07:38 AM
ric
Safety Car

that's an interesting fantasy life. Thanks for sharing........
Old 09-20-2005 | 08:01 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by ric
that's an interesting fantasy life. Thanks for sharing........

If you know me, then you know it's all in humor. Take the size 12 anal retention stick out of your ass.
Old 09-20-2005 | 08:08 AM
50? you must be kidding!

Contact the police, explain the situation and ask them to check it out. From the phone number they can find out all they need. Do not do nothing, do not contact him. Too many weirdos out there to ignore it.
Old 09-20-2005 | 10:07 AM
Burning Brakes

just wait and see if your gf sees him again...don't do anything until he starts following her or something....

/sounds like something out of a bad movie but was stalked by my high school teacher...
Old 09-22-2005 | 01:31 PM
Three Wheelin'

don' do anything...If he aproaches her and tries to ask her out and she says "no i have a bf" or "sorry im engaged" then don't do anything.. But if he continues and continues and starts to be agressive then thats when you'll come in...

otherwise don't sweat it man....he didn't do anything wrong...

just tell her to be cautious and take different route when going home and to notice whos following her when she goes home. By this i mean if a car is on her ass for a long time and taking the same turns as she does while getting home...

Last edited by TL260power; 09-22-2005 at 01:34 PM.
Old 09-22-2005 | 01:42 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Whatever you do, don't have her call him back.
Old 09-22-2005 | 02:41 PM

I usually say, "The best response is an armed response."

But I, too, have left my business card with number for a person I saw as being attractive (that was way before I had built up my "game" reserves). Where he works is irrelevant. Would you feel better if he had left a card saying that he worked for the CIA, IRS, or local PD? probably not.

under no circumstances should anyone call him. Do not provoke him. If you are not interested, do not reply. If he is crazy then he will find someone else to fixate on. If he is sane then he will find someone else to use his loser-esque tactics on. Either way, no contact is best. Besides, if she, or the boyfriend, did call, then he could easily *69 or caller-ID them to get the number they are calling from and then begin to really hound them. Most people are not smart enough to do this kind of business from a pay phone.

And certainly do not call his employer, or maybe he'll lose his job because he stepped up and had "some" balls to even approach an attractive woman? How many of you unattractive guys would have even done this much, let alone come up wtih a better plan?
Old 09-22-2005 | 04:15 PM
Burning Brakes

He didn't do anything wrong or anything stalker.

Get over it possesive boyfriend type. Guys are going to hit on your girlfriend...happens all the time.
Old 09-22-2005 | 04:54 PM
I

Originally Posted by spidey07
He didn't do anything wrong or anything stalker.

Get over it possesive boyfriend type. Guys are going to hit on your girlfriend...happens all the time.

The guy actually ASKED her if she's involved. It's not like he said "I know you got a boyfriend, but I don't care" I'm sure he'll get the hint once she doesn't respond. If he doesn't, THEN I would contact the police.

Imagine if we all filed a police report every time some girl gets hit on. What are you, Stephy's brother?
Old 09-22-2005 | 06:20 PM
EVO IX MR

You sure it's not..??

https://acurazine.com/forums/dating-relationships-14/how-approach-hottie-i-saw-car-319714/
Old 09-26-2005 | 07:27 AM
Feeds pigs bacon

^^ Wow, that's strange.
Old 09-26-2005 | 11:39 AM
Suzuka Master

Yeesh, reading this I am taken back suddenly to something VERY STUPID my best friend and I did when we were 16 years old. We were at the beach, and we were stayng on the local Naval base because her dad was a captain in the Navy, so we were on the prowl for midshipmen, because we decided they were "hot." So one day we're driving home from the beach and there's this car behind us with two military-style dudes in it, and they were waving to us. We parked a little ways down the road and went into a store or something, and when we came out, they had left a note under the windshield wiper. It said something like, "We looked for you but you must be hiding. Give us a call at ___-___-____ and we can hang out."

So we called the number and agreed to meet these guys somewhere (I don't remember now); we told them we were 18 and we were all hanging out for a while. They gave us their mailing addresses so we could write to them after we left, and that was that, I think. I don't think we even kissed, but still. That COULD HAVE BEEN a very very very dangerous situation. Youth is wasted on the young, I tell you.
Old 09-27-2005 | 08:07 AM
Race Director

I think there is a bit of over reaction here personally.

Could be possible this guy just has ZERO social skills, and no clue how to approach a woman.

I say leave it alone. The guy should get the message from her not calling back. if he persists, then ask him to leave her alone. if it still persists then take action.
Old 09-27-2005 | 09:47 AM
teh Senior Instigator

From: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Originally Posted by tjker
does anyone feel that her employer has a responsibility to protect her safety as it was on their property? in other words, should they be taking means to call the police or have on-site security? she did notify her manager, but I believe most of them took it as a joke. again, he didn't do anything wrong, except maybe trespassing, but there are too many wackos in the world to just brush this off.

you've gotta be kidding me
Old 09-27-2005 | 10:38 AM
Drifting

i don't think there's anything to worry about. yet.

if future communication line continues, then, as the b/f, i would assume you would take action. what action that may be and depending on the circumstances, is totally up to you...
Old 09-27-2005 | 11:17 AM
Fuct in the hed!

Its not stalking yet....once is a compliment. Some guy is in love with your girl...do you have any idea how many other guys probably have "had" her while rubbing one out??? Its the nature of the beast......women are like used cars...someone else will always want what you have, and they will jump on it as soon as you get rid of it! ...whats more important is who the girl reacts to it.

If the guy keeps it up...have her set up a meeting...get 10 of your friends...put on ski masks and beat the shit out of him...he'll get the message!

Quick Reply: What To Do About A Possible Stalker?