Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

Well I hope I can at least say thanks

Old 04-18-2008, 12:58 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well I hope I can at least say thanks

Ok seeing as how my divorce thread got hijacked, I hope this posts so I can at least say thank you to everyone who was so supportive.

Getting married young really did have a huge impact on the ending as well as the fact that we rushed into it. He was in the military at the time and it seemed like a good idea. NOT! Anytime I hear someone either young or in a new realationship talking about marriage, I can't help but say "wait!!" One really needs to be 100% sure about somthing that serious and it is something not to be taken lightly. As for questions about what happened..growing apart, money, sex, family...all the things that become a problem in a marraige ended up tearing us apart and we were fighting all the time. And yes, it's been over for years so dating again is not rushing into anything--I definitely want to get married again and maybe even have a few rugrats.

I surely expected a bunch of mostly guys to say things like "PM me the noodz" when I said I was single. I'm a big girl and I can handle it..in fact, I think it's funny as hell. Why else would I be a chick hanging out on a car forum if I didn't think that kinda stuff was funny? But I surely didn't want for a fight to break out..that kinda sucks. Thanks to Dom and the other mods for trying to bring things back around. Moda--I remember you well through Mr. Chad and thanks for the post. Wndtlst--I'm sorry too and I will probably be pm'ing to talk at some point..my door is open as well.

So thanks again and wish me luck!! NO fighting on this thread! LOL

~Sara

P.S. I'm not posting pics..if you want to meet me then come to a Chicago meet --I don't bite (sometimes)
Old 04-18-2008, 01:08 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SaraWI
P.S. I'm not posting pics..if you want to meet me then come to a Chicago meet --I don't bite (sometimes)
I always say I won't bite unless you tell me to!

Hmm...does that mean I may get to drive the Caddy after all if I show up?

Nah, Chicago is too far for me sugar. Enjoy your newfound freedom. I was ecstatic when I got mine! Trust me when I tell you good times are around the corner!
Old 04-18-2008, 01:39 PM
Go Giants

Received 1,235 Likes on 824 Posts
you're welcome...
Old 04-18-2008, 01:41 PM
Team Owner

Received 599 Likes on 417 Posts
Let's hope this thread don't get crapped up.

You know you spelt Forum wrong on your "User Title" right?

Good luck with single life.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:47 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Oh Sara, one other caveat:

I neglected to say that the first person that "laid" me in my new found freedom was the ex, right after court...don't do that...it's not for everybody!
Old 04-18-2008, 01:55 PM
Secret Agent

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts
^^^^^

What the F** does that have to do with what she was talking about? Get a clue. You're one of the reasons her last thread got locked.

Please don't respond. I've said all I'm going to say.
Old 04-18-2008, 02:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good Luck with eveything from here on out. Seems like you got a level head and have a great outlook on your future. so
Be careful wat you wish for about those rugrats.....cute up till age 10, then you wanna kill em, or so ive been told....

Off topic..holy crap theres a chicago meet?! I turned over my car to the bodyshop at the right time
Old 04-18-2008, 03:25 PM
Terigan...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I figured the age had some factor. Sounds like this definitely has been a long time coming. I'm sure it has taken it's toll on you, though you seem to be pretty upbeat about it and not being permanently scarred as can be the case with broken relationships.

Good luck in the future and hopefully one day you do get those rugrats with someone you will spend the rest of your life with.
Old 04-18-2008, 03:58 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

PM'ed him...and I hope that is the end of it...
Old 04-18-2008, 05:28 PM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,147 Likes on 774 Posts
...wish me luck!!
You know we do!
Old 04-18-2008, 06:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RaviNJCLs
Let's hope this thread don't get crapped up.

You know you spelt Forum wrong on your "User Title" right?

Good luck with single life.
Ooops! Thanx...
Old 04-18-2008, 06:45 PM
Earth-bound misfit

Received 608 Likes on 312 Posts
Thanks Sara.

I don't know how far along in the process you are, but I hope your transition is as smooth and amicable as mine has been. Best of luck to you.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:30 PM
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

How you doin'?

Lol good luck! hope all goes well for you. chicks who love cars deserve lots of happiness! hahaha
Old 04-18-2008, 09:17 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

at your other thread...
Just a quick comment on the other thread... I semi-agree with the other guys about darksom1 though... da way he be talkin is wak yo... dissin da ladyz lyks dat jus rong dawg... but its funny as hell though... and my opinion on the disrespectful comments (although he has already apologized ) is if the ladies on the forum and this thread like the way they are being approached by darksom1 or any other guy on here... then let it be... once they are offended, they know to report the post by clicking the and let a mod take care of the disrespectful member the way the state...

As for the serious part of your thread... Sorry to hear about your breakup... glad to here you are doing well with it though... don't take haste to find another man... the only advice I can give you is this... You will never find love... love will find you... Have fun and I you good luck... May Eros be with you...

oh... and
Old 04-18-2008, 10:33 PM
Wants an M3 in

Originally Posted by Shalooby
^^^^^

What the F** does that have to do with what she was talking about? Get a clue. You're one of the reasons her last thread got locked.

Please don't respond. I've said all I'm going to say.
shut up homo
Old 04-19-2008, 01:41 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by spooky3ce
at your other thread...
Just a quick comment on the other thread... I semi-agree with the other guys about darksom1 though... da way he be talkin is wak yo... dissin da ladyz lyks dat jus rong dawg... but its funny as hell though... and my opinion on the disrespectful comments (although he has already apologized ) is if the ladies on the forum and this thread like the way they are being approached by darksom1 or any other guy on here... then let it be... once they are offended, they know to report the post by clicking the and let a mod take care of the disrespectful member the way the state...
Sorry mods...Not arguing, just a brief explanation to quell the fires before they get like the last thread...

Dude, you leg-hump like nobody's business. Do I chastise you for that? No. Stop trying to get brownie points at my expense!

I don't attempt to offend women on this forum. In fact, very seldom do I direct my comments to women on this forum. I talk about women I have been with mostly. If I do say something to a woman on this forum, it is in a playful way, and I really think the WOMEN understand that it is meant to be so, as I am never going to see a woman here on this forum probably. Why is it that Sara can say she doesn't bite (sometimes) and it be understood as forum banter or sexual playfulness, but if I make a comment about screwing her it is the end of the world? Because you don't like the way I talk is why, nor my arrogance about myself. Tough! Ain't changing!

In an earlier post, Sara said that she understood about the leg-humpers on the forum and that she expected that there would be some in her thread. She stated she could handle that. But for the record, I am not a leg-humper. In fact, there are guys who chastised me that ARE, who definitely fit that way more than I do!!! (like this guy who posted what I'm quoting)

I apologized to Sara via PM and in the other thread, about my participation in the guys calling me out because of the way I talk. I didn't apologize for saying I would screw her. None needed. I explained my position to her, she said she wasn't offended. She didn't have the problem. You guys did. Guys were on my case for a different reason. It wasn't because I said I would screw her, but the WAY I said it! Ethnic is personal so I chose not to go there. I owe no one that here. Man, what if I were to comment on the misspells and bad English you guys use! I don't tell people how to talk and neither should you. I tried to get Sara's thread back on track, but the guys just wouldn't let me. Read the whole thing! In fact, another one had the nerve to post here in this thread, along with YOU. You should never have posted this here. You should have PM'ed me, as I PM'ed the guy who posted before. I would've PM'ed you as well, but I wanted to stop this as early as possible, since you guys can't obviously leave this in the other thread and NOT bring it here!

Sara doesn't deserve this to continue, so I am trying to say something to stop it now. No more explanations are needed. I PM'ed HER and explained my intent. She is ok, so there is NO need to discuss this further...respect the thread!

You guys get caught up in trying to champion a woman's cause for brownie points. I see guys sucking up for favor from a woman everyday of my life. Don't use me for that. I say no more than any other guy does on this forum. Police your own actions before you take on mine...

This should be sufficient and I will ignore any rebuttals to the negative...
Old 04-19-2008, 01:54 AM

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by darksom1

This should be sufficient and I will ignore any rebuttals to the negative...
It is.

Good.

As someone who is constantly responding with four or five paragraph-long explanations about how you are not offended or affected by people's comments, you certainly appear to be pretty caught up in it...thread after thread. If you truly don't care about what people say, skip the constant need to explain and justify (you don't need to, right?), let things be, and allow the thread to continue, as you are always hoping it will. You only continue to feed the fire. Ignore, ignore, ignore.
Old 04-19-2008, 02:03 AM

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts
To anyone who has a problem with any specific post in any forum on AZ, please report it or take it to PM. Keep in mind that we cannot police personal opinion, as everyone is entitled to one. Yes, there will always be those with whom you don't agree, don't "e-respect," and who get under you skin. A few words are okay, but then try to ignore; don't feed the fire.

A certain level of banter, rebuttal, and off-topic posts is the nature of Ramblings' forums, but try to keep threads out of the ditch and, specifically, allow Sara's thread to continue on-topic.
Old 04-19-2008, 02:33 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by Street Spirit
It is.

Good.

As someone who is constantly responding with four or five paragraph-long explanations about how you are not offended or affected by people's comments, you certainly appear to be pretty caught up in it...thread after thread. If you truly don't care about what people say, skip the constant need to explain and justify (you don't need to, right?), let things be, and allow the thread to continue, as you are always hoping it will. You only continue to feed the fire. Ignore, ignore, ignore.
Now mods? I PM'ed you, as you shoud have done!
Old 04-19-2008, 01:01 PM
Need more room in

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Well, my first D&R post I suppose.. or maybe the third.
I've been actively keeping up with the threads here on D&R while I'm at work. Some great reads, and darksom1's post are always comical .

But in effort to bring this thread back to it's original subject...

Sara, it looks like you're going through this very well and I'm glad for you . One of my friends just got divorced at 26, and she is having a hard time putting herself back out on the market :o.

Back to lurking..!
Old 04-20-2008, 09:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Thanks for coming out of hiding to post in my behalf. Support is always appreciated. I had nooooo problem "putting myself out there" in the dating world--I couldn't wait to meet lots of new and interesting people and, hopefully, someone better for me than the ex.

As a note, I just met a great guy who is also an auto technician and likes to race autocross and drove an s2000. I think it's a love match. LOL
Old 04-20-2008, 10:22 PM
Earth-bound misfit

Thanks for coming out of hiding to post in my behalf. Support is always appreciated. I had nooooo problem "putting myself out there" in the dating world--I couldn't wait to meet lots of new and interesting people and, hopefully, someone better for me than the ex.

As a note, I just met a great guy who is also an auto technician and likes to race autocross and drove an s2000. I think it's a love match. LOL
That's great! The first guy I dated upon re-entry built race car engines for Honda/Acura. And I didn't meet him anywhere near AZ!
Old 04-20-2008, 11:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by wndrlst
That's great! The first guy I dated upon re-entry built race car engines for Honda/Acura. And I didn't meet him anywhere near AZ!
Hahaha..I guess us "car chicks" know what we want when we see it!!! *high five*
Old 04-21-2008, 12:22 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 196 Likes on 99 Posts
Good luck and all the best Sara. Take it from an old guy: Enjoy your freedom to the fullest! Don't rush into anything and use this time for self exploration and don't look too hard for another relationship immediately. Relationships are always available, but having the freedom to do what you want and the opportunity to enjoy it is truly priceless.

Terry
Old 04-21-2008, 12:23 AM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

Received 2,000 Likes on 1,173 Posts
Congrats on finding a guy so fast! (does he know he is a rebound?)
Old 04-21-2008, 05:03 AM
I feel the need...

Received 515 Likes on 363 Posts
As a note, I just met a great guy who is also an auto technician and likes to race autocross and drives a Mazda 3 auto. I think it's a love match. LOL
??
Old 04-21-2008, 07:51 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by stogie1020
Everyone here is technically a rebound. Whatever works. I'm sure it's better than staying at home on a Friday wearing PJ's, eating popcorn / ice cream, watching TV and ....
Old 04-21-2008, 09:51 AM
Arriving Somewhere...

Originally Posted by stogie1020
From the guy's perspective:

Rebound after an intense one year dating experience when the girl is 20 = terrible. She will be comparing you to the recent stud, and will be calling him when you aren't there.

Rebound after long boring and dying marriage when the girl is 30 = home run. Her bar is lower and you'll benefit from all the sexual frustration, plus she might actually be more mature and hopefully has figured out what she wants by then.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by Fibonacci
??

Old 04-21-2008, 01:44 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Crazy Sellout
Leave the white women alone.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:36 PM
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 198 Posts
".....can we dance with your dates?"
Old 04-21-2008, 07:41 PM
Earth-bound misfit

Originally Posted by Mockenrue
Rebound after long boring and dying marriage when the girl is 30 = home run. Her bar is lower and you'll benefit from all the sexual frustration, plus she might actually be more mature and hopefully has figured out what she wants by then.

Old 04-22-2008, 12:33 PM
Secret Agent

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts
^^^^

Well, hello there. . . . have we met?

And Sara, good luck to you. Another from the guys perspective. I'm "rebounding" myself at the moment and it's a lot of fun. I had forgotten what it felt like to be giddy and hopeful as a relationship with someone new begins to develop. It's like being a kid all over again.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:05 PM
Earth-bound misfit

As a matter of fact...once or twice.

Glad you're having fun with your rebound, 'loob. I've already moved on from mine for a number of reasons, but things are good.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:24 PM

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts
Good luck Sara. I remember some of your threads from back when, so this isn't a huge surprise. You'll do fine

Who got the bike?
Old 04-23-2008, 05:56 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Scottman111

Who got the bike?
Ugh..he did. I don't drive..just liked it on the back I did take my Joe Rocket jacket though, in case I met a nice guy with a nice bike.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:48 PM
registered pw

Received 354 Likes on 252 Posts
Originally Posted by RaviNJCLs
you spelt Forum wrong .
dude, i know you're from jersey and all but...........
Old 04-23-2008, 10:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
So when we meating
Old 04-23-2008, 10:16 PM
Race Director

I've already met you a long time ago SaraWI. I forgot though do you have any kids?
Old 04-24-2008, 12:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Mokos23
I've already met you a long time ago SaraWI. I forgot though do you have any kids?
Nope...no rug rats (yet?)

Quick Reply: Well I hope I can at least say thanks