Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

Stupid mistake...now regretting it...

Old 07-10-2006, 09:31 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Stupid mistake...now regretting it...

Whats up guys? Hope everyone's weekend was great. Anyway, I know I might get bashed for posting this while I'm still new, but I put myself in a bit of a dilema!

Last night I was with this girl who I was talking to for about two weeks...very kind girl...pretty smart, pretty much had her shit in order (Or so I thought) Well we decided to have sex (3rd time) and as usual, I used protection. Well somewhere during course of action, the condom broke, and I didn't realize it until I withdrew enough to see it. I guess I was maybe inside of her for 3 minutes tops unprotected.

Now since a couple of weeks ago was the 25th anniversary of the AIDS epidemic, I've been hearing alot of commercials (TV, and car radio) about HIV/AIDS. Now I'm a nervous wreck...I can't concentrate, I spoke with my doctor and he said an HIV test will not be reliable until 3 months post (possible) exposure. I'm so afraid that I could have potentially ruined myself for a lifetime over 10 minutes of pleasure. I could kick myself for putting myself in this type of situation, and I thought I was smarter than that. What makes me more worried is that I hear this girl is promiscuous! I've been tested for other STD's (urethral swab...OUCH) and I'm waiting for the results to come back (they said 4-5 days at most).

Has anyone else been in this type of situation? No so much as worrying...but protection breaking?? Some advice would help me out a whole lot.

Thanks....
Old 07-10-2006, 09:36 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
I had a condom break on me a few years ago. Didnt leave a good feeling with me since it was the first time with that girl. Everthing worked out well, though, and I'm still dating her.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:09 PM
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Condoms break...there is no gurantee....just get tested and hope for the best.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:10 PM
go like hell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NoOneYouKnow1217
Whats up guys? Hope everyone's weekend was great. Anyway, I know I might get bashed for posting this while I'm still new, but I put myself in a bit of a dilema!

Last night I was with this girl who I was talking to for about two weeks...very kind girl...pretty smart, pretty much had her shit in order (Or so I thought) Well we decided to have sex (3rd time) and as usual, I used protection. Well somewhere during course of action, the condom broke, and I didn't realize it until I withdrew enough to see it. I guess I was maybe inside of her for 3 minutes tops unprotected.

Now since a couple of weeks ago was the 25th anniversary of the AIDS epidemic, I've been hearing alot of commercials (TV, and car radio) about HIV/AIDS. Now I'm a nervous wreck...I can't concentrate, I spoke with my doctor and he said an HIV test will not be reliable until 3 months post (possible) exposure. I'm so afraid that I could have potentially ruined myself for a lifetime over 10 minutes of pleasure. I could kick myself for putting myself in this type of situation, and I thought I was smarter than that. What makes me more worried is that I hear this girl is promiscuous! I've been tested for other STD's (urethral swab...OUCH) and I'm waiting for the results to come back (they said 4-5 days at most).

Has anyone else been in this type of situation? No so much as worrying...but protection breaking?? Some advice would help me out a whole lot.

Thanks....
relax man you'll probably be okay.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:22 PM
i want to ride my bicycle

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
not to make things worse, but shouldn't you be worried about her getting prego too?
Old 07-10-2006, 10:26 PM
Banned

Your condom broke and your worried about AIDs...Were you recently a virgin? I mean you said you didn't bang a skank...I would be more worried about that bitch getting pregnant. I suggest throwin her down some stairs, while you wait for your AIDs test.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:33 PM
go like hell

Originally Posted by Big Duhty
Your condom broke and your worried about AIDs...Were you recently a virgin? I mean you said you didn't bang a skank...I would be more worried about that bitch getting pregnant. I suggest throwin her down some stairs, while you wait for your AIDs test.
yeah and that's called MURDER.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Water-S
What...I cant afford the RU486 pill.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:46 PM
OMG! Oh N0ES!

Originally Posted by Water-S
its not murder if she doesn't die.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:49 PM
Suzuka Master

This is about to head to R&P guys. Careful.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cambo
its not murder if she doesn't die.
I heart AZ!
Old 07-11-2006, 12:07 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 196 Likes on 99 Posts

Thanks....
I really wouldn't worry about it. The likelihood of you transmitting HIV to her is much more of a concern than she to you. You have to remember that HIV is most prevalent in blood products, followed by seminal fluid, and then by vaginal secretions. A female is 2-3 times greater at risk to catch HIV from a male than a male from a female. And of course you have to have a membrane tear on your penis to receive HIV from the vaginal fluid. I'm sure you will be fine, just learn from this experience to better protect yourself in the future.

Terry

Last edited by teranfon; 07-11-2006 at 12:10 AM.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:31 AM
I keeps it real

Although it's very possible you picked up something, considering your circumstances, the likelyhood is very small. So small in fact that if it happened to me , i would be more worried about getting her prego than about the possibility of picking up an STD.

I would just wait for your test and move on with life. AIDS is definitely out there but that is the very least of your worries among STD's. HPV and Herpes are the two biggest concerns and those can be tested for without worry of a 3-6 month incubation
Old 07-11-2006, 01:37 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
I would think you'd be more worried about being a dad. Odds are, she has not been with that many partners and if she made you use protection, I would imagine she was careful with the other 20 guys...
Old 07-11-2006, 02:02 AM
Yeehaw

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts
Like the last 3 posts said, you are not really at risk of getting AIDS. The chance of a man getting AIDS from heterosexual vaginal sex is next to nothing.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:07 AM
is Pretty Much a Moron

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Did you tell your doctor what exactly happened? I can't believe he would even let you leave the office thinking that there is anything but the most remote chance in the world that you got HIV from that kind of encounter. Testing is warranted, I suppose, because there is a theoretical risk. But if you got HIV from that, I say hit up a few Lotto places before you croak. With odds like that, you'lll be able to go out with a bang.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:35 AM
Who am I?

Originally Posted by TypeSAddict
Did you tell your doctor what exactly happened? I can't believe he would even let you leave the office thinking that there is anything but the most remote chance in the world that you got HIV from that kind of encounter. Testing is warranted, I suppose, because there is a theoretical risk. But if you got HIV from that, I say hit up a few Lotto places before you croak. With odds like that, you'lll be able to go out with a bang.
Old 07-11-2006, 03:03 AM
is Pretty Much a Moron

Originally Posted by thatguy
They might as well just rename that smiley :TypeSAddict:
Old 07-11-2006, 03:10 AM
East Coast Boost.!

roundhouse kick her in the stomach
Old 07-11-2006, 03:10 AM
East Coast Boost.!

once a week just to be safe
Old 07-11-2006, 04:20 AM
2002 CL Type S

Old 07-11-2006, 05:27 AM
8th Gear

THanks guys I appreciate the replies. I guess maybe I am overreacting...it's just these damn advertisements that are getting me worked up, and the fact that 5 houses down from me is a neighbor who is HIV positive...and I see what he has to go through, especially with all of his drug cocktails. Indeed, pregnancy does worry me, but when you compare HIV to early pregnancy..i'd rather take the baby simply because if I was infected with the HIV..would I Have kids?

You guys have calmed me down a whole lot and I am grateful! THanks!
Old 07-11-2006, 07:19 AM
ric
Safety Car

There's a lot of accurate information on this posting that should chill you out. That includes the fact that, for you to contract HIV you would have to have some portion of your exposed anatomy to be vulnerable - open scratch, tear, etc. The chances are much more likely for her to be exposed, as the portions of her anatomy are much more blood saturated, and the opportunity for damaging the vaginal wall is much greater.

In addition, being exposed to HIV does not automatically guarantee contracting it, it is actually a very vulnerable and fragile virus.

However, in the future, if you are exposed to some risk, you can hit your doctor (or in some cases, an ER) for a "cocktail" of HIV meds that are designed to unseat the virus before it latches onto your immune system. This cocktail is what is used in the healthcare field when a care worker is inadvertently exposed - needle stick, etc. The drugs are strong, even a bit toxic, the regimen runs for two to three days, I believe. That your doctor didn't even suggest it is probably because you got in touch with him after the window in which it might have been applicable.

Bide your time, wait four to six months, go for the test, and plan a celebration dinner for the highly probably "you're clean" results.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:47 AM
Team Owner

Received 2,057 Likes on 1,142 Posts
Chill, and if you didn't blow load I wouldn't worry about the either.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:39 AM
Team Owner

Received 598 Likes on 416 Posts
Originally Posted by BEETROOT
Like the last 3 posts said, you are not really at risk of getting AIDS. The chance of a man getting AIDS from heterosexual vaginal sex is next to nothing.
The chances are extremely slim. Unless you were the last guy at the end of the gang bang, I think you'll be OK.

If you're really that concerned, maybe you should ask her to be tested and tell her you're doing the same. I'm sure she's a little concerned too.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:58 AM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by ric
There's a lot of accurate information on this posting that should chill you out. That includes the fact that, for you to contract HIV you would have to have some portion of your exposed anatomy to be vulnerable - open scratch, tear, etc. The chances are much more likely for her to be exposed, as the portions of her anatomy are much more blood saturated, and the opportunity for damaging the vaginal wall is much greater.

In addition, being exposed to HIV does not automatically guarantee contracting it, it is actually a very vulnerable and fragile virus.

However, in the future, if you are exposed to some risk, you can hit your doctor (or in some cases, an ER) for a "cocktail" of HIV meds that are designed to unseat the virus before it latches onto your immune system. This cocktail is what is used in the healthcare field when a care worker is inadvertently exposed - needle stick, etc. The drugs are strong, even a bit toxic, the regimen runs for two to three days, I believe. That your doctor didn't even suggest it is probably because you got in touch with him after the window in which it might have been applicable.

Bide your time, wait four to six months, go for the test, and plan a celebration dinner for the highly probably "you're clean" results.

Yes you are correct about the cocktail regime. It's called Post Exposure Prophlaxis which combines two HIV medications over a period of 28 days to try and prevent infectin. This must be given within 72 hours of exposure. I guess I will just have to wait out this window period....I'm not going to stress myself over this anymore. I've learned that "it is what it is"

THanks for helpin me everyone...I really appreciate it! I believe that I will be OK...in fact..I know it!
Old 07-11-2006, 04:21 PM
Not Asian

good lord someone is paranoid.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:05 PM
East Coast Boost.!

should start a AZ donation box for metal coat hangers?
Old 07-11-2006, 08:23 PM
is Pretty Much a Moron

Yes you are correct about the cocktail regime. It's called Post Exposure Prophlaxis which combines two HIV medications over a period of 28 days to try and prevent infectin. This must be given within 72 hours of exposure. I guess I will just have to wait out this window period....I'm not going to stress myself over this anymore. I've learned that "it is what it is"

THanks for helpin me everyone...I really appreciate it! I believe that I will be OK...in fact..I know it!
No MD is gonna give you PEP after your exposure.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:07 AM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts
I don't do intercourse (at all) because of the risk. But for heterosexual vaginal intercourse, the probability of contracting it is extremely low.

At least you're aware of STD's. Not everyone is. It's a very fragile virus like Ric said. Just continue to be careful.

The fear is pretty rational though. The seriousness of it is high indeed. I'd be afraid to even kiss someone who's got it now. But you also have to keep in mind there have been partners where one is positive and the other is negative and have been going out for years without transmission. But like I said, never stop being careful.

Us young people have to be more aware of what's out there and how they are transmitted. STD education right now is insufficient in schools.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:45 AM
Registered TL Lover

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
got pretty scared one time as im done and pull back the condom stayed in i was like everything turned out good.
Old 07-18-2006, 06:41 AM
LOLZ McCain Sux

A man having sex with an HIV infected person and ejaculating has a 1 in 500 chance of contracting it. You putting your ding dong in her will probably at worst give you herpes or something if she has it. Prego's bah don't worry about that either. I would go raw dog in my girl all the time so either I have low sperm count or it's actually harder to get a girl pregnant then touching her with your dick. I know other people do who use the pullout method and the only time I have heard of it failing is when the guy didn't pull out fast enough and ended up busting in her.

So unless your girl was named Frank and was blowing you in the ass or if she was a high risk person like a user then you have no worries. They blow AIDS out of proportion a lot kind of like Breast Cancer and women when the real top killer of women is cardiac arrest and that breast cancer only counts as a small percent.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:29 AM
Team Owner

Received 598 Likes on 416 Posts
Originally Posted by JJ4Short
Prego's bah don't worry about that either. I would go raw dog in my girl all the time so either I have low sperm count or it's actually harder to get a girl pregnant then touching her with your dick. I know other people do who use the pullout method and the only time I have heard of it failing is when the guy didn't pull out fast enough and ended up busting in her.
<------- Meet my son Elliott. Best thing that ever happened to me, but there is a name for people that don't use protection for what ever reason. It's....PARENTS.

I think you've just been lucky so far.