Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

STD testing

Old 04-09-2007, 03:00 AM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
STD testing

How would I bring up the question of STD testing if I wanted to fornicate with a girl that I didn't know the day before or with a friend with benefits? I always use a jimmy and a recent blood test shows that I don't have anything but what is a way to ask to see if she'll be willing to go get tested for STDs? I would be getting tested too, just to make it fair.

I'll probably ask once about the testing after she's ok with just sex, but how can I bring it up politely? I heard that you can get herpes even if you have a condom on, is this true? You never know, she can say she's inexperienced but sometimes when its too easy I get uneasy.

I've yet to bag a girl on the same night that I meet her, but wouldn't it be awkward to say "wait.... before we start making out, you wanna come with me to the STD clinic?" How long do these tests take anyway, or is it the same as a blood test?
Old 04-09-2007, 04:19 AM
Hold the onions

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Any girl down to do it the same night you just met deserves TWO jimmy hats.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:46 AM
I miss my 03 CL-S :(

Received 445 Likes on 214 Posts
^
Even then, herpes, syphilis and others can still happen with a condom through skin/skin contact. You can find out more about this through online searches or asking your doctor.

Best way to bring the subject up is just to ask - after making out, before you have sex, but when you know you both want to sleep with each other. Preferably a day or two before you know you'll sleep with her. At this point you're both close enough, and if she's horny, talking about sex is easier than bringing it up over dinner. Be casual about it - don't interrogate her. Don't ask her how many guys she's fucked.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:25 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 71 Likes on 28 Posts
It's best to bring up the subject only when you already have sex (with condom, of course... but you are right, condoms do not give full protection since a lesion may be present outside the area of coverage) or both parties are anticipating sex very soon. Just be honest about your health concerns and this will also send a message to your partner that you are a responsible adult.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:53 AM
Make MyTL Great Again

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If it smells bad, don't stick it in.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:03 AM
Missing My CL-S

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by AdamNJ
If it smells bad, don't stick it in.
i would hope so
Old 04-09-2007, 11:44 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bud760
Any girl down to do it the same night you just met deserves TWO jimmy hats.
except that two jimmy hats almost guarantees that they will both break. I cna't believe this information isn't widely known.

My suggestion "When was the last time you were tested for anything, and are you clean? If you lie to me and I get somethign from you I will fucking kill you!"
Old 04-09-2007, 11:52 AM
Go Giants

Received 1,236 Likes on 825 Posts
Old 04-09-2007, 04:44 PM
The Boss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by I Go To Costco
How would I bring up the question of STD testing if I wanted to fornicate with a girl that I didn't know the day before or with a friend with benefits? I always use a jimmy and a recent blood test shows that I don't have anything but what is a way to ask to see if she'll be willing to go get tested for STDs? I would be getting tested too, just to make it fair.

I'll probably ask once about the testing after she's ok with just sex, but how can I bring it up politely? I heard that you can get herpes even if you have a condom on, is this true? You never know, she can say she's inexperienced but sometimes when its too easy I get uneasy.

I've yet to bag a girl on the same night that I meet her, but wouldn't it be awkward to say "wait.... before we start making out, you wanna come with me to the STD clinic?" How long do these tests take anyway, or is it the same as a blood test?

If you want to do a girl and not sure if she's a hoe.... just man up and ask her.

"I am very interested in you but I'm going to this health clinic to volunteer.."
she will be like "volunteer? how nice, doing what kind of volunteering work?"
you'll say "I am volunteering your ass to get tested..."
Old 04-09-2007, 10:23 PM
Racer

Honestly what does it matter? If you are looking to have sex with a girl that you have either barely met or only want to play slap and tickle with (ie no commitment) does an std test really matter? I mean, if she is having casual sex with you what makes you think she isn't having it with someone else. If she had sex with the herpes fairy himself the week before would any of the symptoms be obvious or even testible?

If you are that worried about stds then don't have sex. If you MUST have sex, use a condom and pray. If you don't pray, at least date the ones that use soap and have all their teeth.

-Mark
Old 04-09-2007, 10:27 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
Don't use words like "fornicate" when you are 18.

Just say its a rule you never sleep with a girl until she is tested
Old 04-09-2007, 11:58 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
I knew a long time ago that using 2 condoms would be more likely to break. I was just using "fornicate" so it would sound like a serious post.... I'm not gonna say it like that.

Thanks to everyone who posted. And hey, you never know.... but if she's too easy and doesn't wanna get tested, no thanks.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:49 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by LSBoogie
Honestly what does it matter? If you are looking to have sex with a girl that you have either barely met or only want to play slap and tickle with (ie no commitment) does an std test really matter? I mean, if she is having casual sex with you what makes you think she isn't having it with someone else. If she had sex with the herpes fairy himself the week before would any of the symptoms be obvious or even testible?

If you are that worried about stds then don't have sex. If you MUST have sex, use a condom and pray. If you don't pray, at least date the ones that use soap and have all their teeth.

-Mark

I second that. Most STDs can go undetected for a LONG time. Herpes can't be diagnosed unless the person is symptomatic, but it CAN be transmitted at that time. HIV has a window of ~3-6 months before it's even detectable. She could've had sex 5 months ago with someone and test negative today. Not even STD testing is a sure-bet...just wrap it up and use common sense. Not all people with STDs are dirty, slutty, or otherwise sick. I have plenty of patients who come in for antivirals and antibiotics who do NOT look like your stereotypical STD carrier. They're wealthy, beautiful, healthy, happy people and some of them are even in long-term relationships (some STDs like herpes can go unnoticed for YEARS). You just never know....
Old 04-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts
Be blunt... Its the only way...
Old 04-10-2007, 05:20 PM
Smoke free since 2/26/07

Originally Posted by BoostedJack
If you want to do a girl and not sure if she's a hoe.... just man up and ask her.

"I am very interested in you but I'm going to this health clinic to volunteer.."
she will be like "volunteer? how nice, doing what kind of volunteering work?"
you'll say "I am volunteering your ass to get tested..."

-------------

Let's take this a step further: How would you guys feel if some girl or guy who you're about to have sex with ask you to get tested? I mean, honestly, how would you react especially if the sex was meant to be just a casual thing....
Old 04-13-2007, 06:22 PM
Still sluggin' it out

Just wear a condom everytime you bang a chick until you find a girl thats hot, fun, and good in bed. Then use the excuse that it feels better wo protection so you want to get tested together so there's no worries. Once you find a girl who's hot, fun, good in bed, and let's you bang her wo protection...the search is over

Good Luck buddy
Old 04-13-2007, 08:26 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 71 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Agent 47

-------------

Let's take this a step further: How would you guys feel if some girl or guy who you're about to have sex with ask you to get tested? I mean, honestly, how would you react especially if the sex was meant to be just a casual thing....
Relieved, because I eventually ALWAYS ask the guy to get tested regardless whether he is my boyfriend or a mere sexual partner. STD testing is a serious matter that everyone should observe to maintain a healthy, worry-free lifestyle.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:16 PM
Smoke free since 2/26/07

Originally Posted by sasha
Relieved, because I eventually ALWAYS ask the guy to get tested regardless whether he is my boyfriend or a mere sexual partner. STD testing is a serious matter that everyone should observe to maintain a healthy, worry-free lifestyle.

I'm ashame to say that I have yet to ask any of my past "partners" to get tested. Luckily I'm clean right now (Just had a test done recently). I guess it's a matter to how you word it. I just feel a bit awkward saying "Hey, before we have sex. Let's get ourselves tested, so no, I will not be going up to your room tonight"
Old 04-13-2007, 09:18 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,211 Posts
A girl that is willing to bang you the same day she met you most likely has an STD. No need to ask. And since you are willing to get with women like this you might as well just accept the fact that one day you too will have an STD.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:31 PM
Still sluggin' it out

Originally Posted by doopstr
A girl that is willing to bang you the same day she met you most likely has an STD. No need to ask. And since you are willing to get with women like this you might as well just accept the fact that one day you too will have an STD.
While I agree that it's not smart to bang people wo getting to know them, just bc she would, doesn't mean she has an STD. I would surmise that almost everyone reading this thread has banged someone at least once wo getting to know them first. You take gambles everyday when you get in your car, walk across the street, hell, even eating dif types of foods. Sometimes you take precautions, sometimes you don't
Old 04-19-2007, 06:12 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 113 Likes on 78 Posts
First of all costco, props that at the young age of 18 you're intelligent enough to pose these questions that may have a lifelong impact on your health. strapping a raincoat on is definitely the way to go, at least then you've significantly lowered your risk for hiv which is the most worrisome std to acquire. secondly, if you're a half-decent looking dude then there is no doubt there will be multiple times in your life where you tag some filly you just met, don't know her last name, and just want to get your freak on. this may happen when you are backpacking through europe, clubbing with your friends in vegas at a bachelor party, etc, etc. the best thing you can do is improve your odds. don't forget you can get herpes from kissing a girl (herpes labialis or hsv type-1) and from oral sex (either giving or receiving). a large percentage of herpes is transmitted when a person is asymptomatic (doesn't have any ulcers or sores). thus, when i diagnosis a patient with genital herpes, i always recommend that the partner get tested as well. if one partner is seropositive (has been exposed to herpes) and the other is seronegative (negative antibodies indicating patient hasn't acquired herpes), then the seropositive partner can take medications to cut down the risk of "asymptomatic transmission." same goes for genital warts, you can harbor the human papilloma virus for up to 1 year without developing lesions. if you are a female, you can harbor the virus within your vagina/cervix so that it is not visible to the naked eye. that's why it's always good to get a pap smear since certain strains of human papilloma virus, i.e. 16, 18, 31, and 33 are associated with cervical cancer.

bottom line is protect yourself and minimize your odds as much as you can. but if you go through life expecting to have a clean bill of health from every girl you kiss, have oral sex with, or have intercourse with then you might as well join a monastery imho.