Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

Philosophical question

Old 06-07-2006 | 12:30 AM
Pro

Rick
Don't take the poor, please don't discredit me online route.....not good

I think we are just about done here....thanks.
Old 06-07-2006 | 01:16 AM
Banned

Old 06-07-2006 | 01:19 AM
2002 CL Type S

Originally Posted by F900
You better be sharing that!
Old 06-07-2006 | 01:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Brandi
You better be sharing that!

Come on Brandi, you know I will share anything with you
Old 06-07-2006 | 01:37 AM
2002 CL Type S

Old 06-07-2006 | 02:33 AM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

I'll contribute some of my chest hair. I hear it makes good wigs.
Old 06-07-2006 | 02:50 AM
2002 CL Type S

Originally Posted by youngTL
I'll contribute some of my chest hair. I hear it makes good wigs.
What does Robert need a wig for??
Old 06-07-2006 | 07:35 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by whynot
BTW, God called me yesterday and he asked me to tell you to stop referring to him in all of your posts, he's quite bothered by this. He also said you should peel that sticker "What would Jesus do?" off your bumper at your earliest convenience.

And what the hell is going on in the previous 6 posts?

Last edited by RaviNJCLs; 06-07-2006 at 07:37 AM.
Old 06-07-2006 | 08:14 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RaviNJCLs

im not sure....im trying to forget about ever reading those posts.
Old 06-07-2006 | 12:13 PM
is learning to moonwalk i

No problem
BTW, God called me yesterday and he asked me to tell you to stop referring to him in all of your posts, he's quite bothered by this. He also said you should peel that sticker "What would Jesus do?" off your bumper at your earliest convenience.

I'm probably way out of line here, but it sounds like someone is hiding behind religion, rather than just manning up and saying his feelings changed or were never truly there to begin with.
Old 06-07-2006 | 12:59 PM
Suzuka Master

With the stipulation that "lost" does not mean "get rid of."

Then yes, I agree.
Old 06-07-2006 | 01:00 PM
Suzuka Master

Orange text = Drunken rambling
Old 06-07-2006 | 01:10 PM
is learning to moonwalk i

Originally Posted by SakiGT
Did you mean to put your post in red?
Old 06-07-2006 | 01:44 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by moeronn
Did you mean to put your post in red?
Nope. I think we decided this on a similar he vs she rant a few months ago.

Hasnt caught on like red text. Shame, too.
Old 06-07-2006 | 03:05 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by SakiGT
Not what I meant. I was referring to the between Brandi and F900, with an invitation of chest hair donation by youngTL.
Old 06-07-2006 | 03:55 PM
A clean ride is in

Not what I meant. I was referring to the between Brandi and F900, with an invitation of chest hair donation by youngTL.
that is a little strange
Old 06-07-2006 | 04:27 PM
2002 CL Type S

Old 06-07-2006 | 05:01 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by treyster
that is a little strange
A little strange? 5 Circus midgets walking down the street is a LITTLE strange. Someone donating chest hair for any reason is fucking weird.

Although it was funny....
Old 06-07-2006 | 05:22 PM
2002 CL Type S

A little strange? 5 Circus midgets walking down the street is a LITTLE strange. Someone donating chest hair for any reason is fucking weird.

Although it was funny....
That is correct! LOL!
What the hell would Robert do with chest hair anyway??
Old 06-07-2006 | 06:51 PM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

Originally Posted by Brandi
That is correct! LOL!
What the hell would Robert do with chest hair anyway??
I meant it for you. You can put it on your face as a disguise so you don't get leghumped.

By the way, I was only kidding. Learn how to laugh people.
Old 06-07-2006 | 09:13 PM
2002 CL Type S

I meant it for you. You can put it on your face as a disguise so you don't get leghumped.

I did laugh..
Old 06-07-2006 | 09:31 PM
Team Owner

Done
Old 06-08-2006 | 11:30 AM
Burning Brakes

I guess they are dating now so thats why there is :leghumping:
Old 06-08-2006 | 01:31 PM
...I like stories...

I can't disagree more with this statement...

I'm in exactly the same situation as you and feel the same way. I cannot force myself to settle for someone or lower my standards...
It's been a long time since me and her went our seperate ways but to this day I haven't met anyone who would even come close to making me feel the way she did....
When I was 23 I fell head over heels in love (how do I know?, because more than 20 years later I still love her). We had a great time while it lasted, but because of a myriad of things (immaturity, race, too many differences, nosy friends...) she dumped me (a girlfriend actually did the dumping). We met again about 5 years after her friend told me to stop calling; she apologized for a lot of things and asked if I'd be willing to try again. As painful as it was to say, no thank you, it would've probably killed me to go through "losing" her again.

Present day, I'm married to a great woman and have two glorious little angels. And my feelings for my wife admittedly are different than they were/are for "Girl1"; but I love my wife nonetheless. Strangely enough I think of "Girl1" frequently, I hope she's happy and healthy. But I go home to someone who loves me probably like I did/do "Girl1". I appreciate my wife, but love her differently. How whacked is that?

Suffice it to say, "Girl1" and I would've probably gotten divorced because of our differences and all of the outside influences gumming the works. But love truly is blind because, I was so hurt by our breakup that I cried for 3 weeks and ended up losing my job. But I still love her. And the point is that I learned from the pain, one thing I learned is that I can be happy in different ways, and love differently. To explain "love differently", I used to think of "Girl1" 24X7, it was obsessive/crazy love. I worry about my wife, hug her, kiss her, but I don't obsess over her.

Old 06-08-2006 | 02:47 PM
I'm back, biatch.

Originally Posted by NewAgePirate
I think its better to have loved. And I know how bad that shit can hurt too. The only girl I've loved and who supposedly loved me and talked about how she wanted to marry me and who I shared everything with dumped me last year right after she got back in town from her summer job, before she even made it home mind you, and then was dating a guy she had worked with two days later (umm....so yeah). This girl, who I had thought was the sweetest person in the world then went on to purposefully try to tear me apart as one day not long after the breakup she called me to tell me that she thought I had no personality, no sense of humor, that nobody liked me ect. The hardest part wasn't losing someone I loved more than anything, it was the total mindfuck of suddenly finding out the person you were in love with was a lot different than you thought and the shock that they would intentionally try to knife you as deep as they could. The point of saying all that is that although I was completely fucked up for a long time I have since dated other girls and I'm doing alright really. Single and looking forward to the future fully able to love again. And hey, I learned a lot.

This is one of my favorite quotes and I think its appropriate:

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.
I had an ex once tell me I had "no passion in life"... talk about a mindfuck. I spent the next few months trying to figure out wtf that meant. A simple, "I'm not feeling this relationship anymore" would have been good enough for me.

Despite that, I also feel that it is better to have loved and lost... even though it may give you headache now and then.

Who wrote the quote?
Old 06-09-2006 | 02:49 AM
Pro

I know what you mean GBockers...just recently I have realized that he will always be the love of my life, but that I can love in different ways and one way or another I will be ok with that...eventually...
Old 06-09-2006 | 01:13 PM
...I like stories...

Human Nature?

Dear "Dark",

Maybe it's our nature to not permit that kind of emotion to happen again. Or maybe we really can only love that way once in a lifetime. At the time, I decided that I wasn't going to go through that type of emotional distress ever again. I really don't know if I've subconsciously hidden that part of me or if that part of my heart will always be "Girl1's".

But as you said, you will love again and it will most likely be for the best. This other person will love you and provide you with what "Guy1" probably couldn't or wouldn't.

Best wishes,

G
Old 06-09-2006 | 03:35 PM
X spots the mark

Originally Posted by GBockers
When I was 23 I fell head over heels in love (how do I know?, because more than 20 years later I still love her). We had a great time while it lasted, but because of a myriad of things (immaturity, race, too many differences, nosy friends...) she dumped me (a girlfriend actually did the dumping). We met again about 5 years after her friend told me to stop calling; she apologized for a lot of things and asked if I'd be willing to try again. As painful as it was to say, no thank you, it would've probably killed me to go through "losing" her again.

Present day, I'm married to a great woman and have two glorious little angels. And my feelings for my wife admittedly are different than they were/are for "Girl1"; but I love my wife nonetheless. Strangely enough I think of "Girl1" frequently, I hope she's happy and healthy. But I go home to someone who loves me probably like I did/do "Girl1". I appreciate my wife, but love her differently. How whacked is that?

Suffice it to say, "Girl1" and I would've probably gotten divorced because of our differences and all of the outside influences gumming the works. But love truly is blind because, I was so hurt by our breakup that I cried for 3 weeks and ended up losing my job. But I still love her. And the point is that I learned from the pain, one thing I learned is that I can be happy in different ways, and love differently. To explain "love differently", I used to think of "Girl1" 24X7, it was obsessive/crazy love. I worry about my wife, hug her, kiss her, but I don't obsess over her.

Interesting...
But, if you're now married to girl#2 and have 2 kids with her yet you say you still love girl#1 - the way I see it, if you actually fell in love with your wife when you met her, wouldn't that make you forget all about girl#1? I may be wrong here but it seems like you settled for your wife only because she seemed to be "the next best thing" compared to girl#1??
Old 06-09-2006 | 05:56 PM
...I like stories...

That's too simple...

Interesting...
But, if you're now married to girl#2 and have 2 kids with her yet you say you still love girl#1 - the way I see it, if you actually fell in love with your wife when you met her, wouldn't that make you forget all about girl#1? I may be wrong here but it seems like you settled for your wife only because she seemed to be "the next best thing" compared to girl#1??
Sorry, but I'm not that shallow; and that doesn't give my wife the credit she deserves does it now? Re-read my original post and you see that I hold my wife in the highest esteem; the thread is about "love". The love of my life chose not to be with me, that is how they say LIFE. I don't believe that because I still have feelings for "Girl1" that it diminishes what I have with my wife in any way. The two relationships are different. If you read my second post to "DarK' you'll see that I ponder if my two relationships are different because of our nature. You, personally may not agree with my assessment of MY LOVES but that's you trying on my situation and not liking the fit. That makes you who you are, and obviously we're not the same person. My life is very good, so I must say that things worked out for the best. But truth be told, there was someone else who knocked me off of my feet and left an impression on me that will be with me until I die. Nothing more complicated than that.

Peace,

G
Old 06-09-2006 | 09:32 PM
Banned

If you haven't been in love, I mean real love, then you haven't experienced the best thing life has to offer.

Does it hurt to have loved and lost? Of course, it does.

But what is life without risk? Boring and dull.