Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

Need advice...real bad!!!

Old 05-01-2005, 12:01 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Need advice...real bad!!!

Won't go into much detail, here's what happened... Picked up a foine ass chick at at party. Ended up in a hotel room next thing I know, the sun is up and she's gone. I said, great another one of those wham, bang, thank you ma'am, right. I checked my stuff make sure notheing was missing. She did not leave anything except for this note in the bathroom mirror...

"WELCOME TO THE AIDS COMMUNITY"

WTF.....WHAT SHOULD I DO? WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Old 05-01-2005, 12:02 AM
Banned

Get yourself checked, bro.
Old 05-01-2005, 12:31 AM
Burning Brakes

OH wow ! Scary S*&T..... Get urself checked every so often .. even if u dont have it now... the virus can go undetected for 6 months.

Wish u Luck bro.
Old 05-01-2005, 12:38 AM
Diamonds are forever...

omg that is a DICK thing to do if its a joke :shakehead I hope you're alright but like the other said, GET CHECKED!!!! Do it regularly too, sucks that this kind of shit has to happen.
Old 05-01-2005, 01:01 AM
I keeps it real

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Holy shit, that sounds like something out of a movie...or a nightmare.

I'd be freaked the hell out. Anokha is right though, it can go undetected for over six months. You wont be relieved of this fear for at least a year. Get yourself checked periodically until you're in the clear.....or, prove you're not in the clear. Good luck bro, thats scary as hell.

But like Geisha said, it could very well be a sick joke by a disgruntled one night stand.
Old 05-01-2005, 01:12 AM
TLD
Mixed Martial Artist

This joke has been around for ages so I hope this is not a prank. If it's not, I hope you used a condom. AIDS is scary, but it's not as easy to contract as you think. Even if you went it raw, the chances are against you catching the disease, but they're significantly higher than if you went in with a rubber. Get yourself checked in 6 months because the antibodies won't show right away if you caught AIDS, but remember, the odds are in your favor although catching something bacterial could have happened because the odds are not in your favor for bacterial infections.
Old 05-01-2005, 01:30 AM
Burning Brakes

Were u using protection that night ?
maybe U can go to the same place where u picked her up from and maybe find out if she is just playing a prank ?

seems to me U picked up an ACTUAL dirty hooker more than a slutty gyrl willing to have a one nite stand .... jus my
Old 05-01-2005, 01:39 AM
TLD
Mixed Martial Artist

For some reason, I feel that paulainne is not really serious and that he's just passing on the WELCOME TO AIDS story to check our reactions. I've heard this story on 2 other occasions and both times, the storyteller claimed the foolish victim was a friend. I think the truth is that people pass on the welcome to AIDS story and people add their personal touch to it like "my friend picked up a 1 night stand" and other bullshit. Paulainne's story never took place, he just wanted to see what people would say.
Old 05-01-2005, 01:42 AM
Burning Brakes

But thas one Scary situation if it really happened !
Old 05-01-2005, 01:43 AM
Banned

Yo...That aint right.
Old 05-01-2005, 01:51 AM
TLD
Mixed Martial Artist

Originally Posted by anokha786

But thas one Scary situation if it really happened !
Do you think it's just a coincidence that other people are carrying around the same story? I seriously doubt this ever took place, simply because the story sounds so similar to what my friend told me several months ago. I even told my friend who told me his story that I'd heard of a very similar case prior to that. My friend's facial expressions made me realize he was embellishing the story and that he was simply passing on a story he heard, but added his personal touch, claiming the victim was his friend who died of AIDS. I don't believe either one of these stories.
Old 05-01-2005, 01:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by TLD

Do you think it's just a coincidence that other people are carrying around the same story? I seriously doubt this ever took place, simply because the story sounds so similar to what my friend told me several months ago. I even told my friend who told me his story that I'd heard of a very similar case prior to that. My friend's facial expressions made me realize he was embellishing the story and that he was simply passing on a story he heard, but added his personal touch, claiming the victim was his friend who died of AIDS. I don't believe either one of these stories.

Next time on Beyond Belief...Fact or Fiction...
Old 05-01-2005, 01:54 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by TLD
For some reason, I feel that paulainne is not really serious and that he's just passing on the WELCOME TO AIDS story to check our reactions.

word. I heard this story before also.
Old 05-01-2005, 01:54 AM
Burning Brakes

^
Old 05-01-2005, 02:07 AM
TLD
Mixed Martial Artist

My friend set me up on a blind date and the girl and I hit it off right away. She looked clean so I didn't bother stopping at the 7-11 to buys condoms. We had the greatest sex ever and we fell asleep in each other's arms. She must have woken up before I did and I never noticed her leaving my apartment. When I went to the bathroom, I saw that she wrote something horrible on the bathroom mirror with her lipstick; WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF AIDS! I've searched high and low for this girl. I promised myself she would never get away with what she had done to me. One day, I'll find her and when I do, she'll wish she had never been born!
Old 05-01-2005, 06:16 AM
ric
Safety Car

Originally Posted by paulainne
Won't go into much detail, here's what happened... Picked up a foine ass chick at at party. Ended up in a hotel room next thing I know, the sun is up and she's gone. I said, great another one of those wham, bang, thank you ma'am, right. I checked my stuff make sure notheing was missing. She did not leave anything except for this note in the bathroom mirror...

"WELCOME TO THE AIDS COMMUNITY"

WTF.....WHAT SHOULD I DO? WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Chances are she is playing a sadistic trick, but you can't be sure. The incidence of contraction is very low, but still possible, if you did not use a rubber.

Go to a physician IMMEDIATELY and get a post-exposure regimen started, which will involve a more than passingly toxic array of drugs, usually referred to as a "drug cocktail". It is similar to the regimen that folks who have HIV go through, but the dosages are more powerful. It is the assumption that the greater level of intensity of dosage will create a "knockout blow" if the virus has been transmitted. Then wait six months and get an HIV test. Then wait another six months, and get another. After a year, you're clear and clean.

Also get tested for Hep C, just in case.

and, if this is forwarding an "urban legend" story, nice, cute, but the reality of casual aids transmission is out there, jokes and urban legends notwithstanding, it can be an incredibly serious issue.

Last edited by ric; 05-01-2005 at 06:20 AM.
Old 05-01-2005, 07:10 AM
Burning Brakes

^ Ric ... U never seize to amaze me! My mentor and confidante!
Old 05-01-2005, 07:17 AM
Mud in your eye!

great advice ric...even if this turns out to be a joke
Old 05-01-2005, 07:20 AM
TLD
Mixed Martial Artist

Urban legend! Ric is right on with the term, urban legend. I'm not saying that paulainne's story absolutely could not have happened, I'm saying that it's unlikely because of the urban legend involved. Click this link below and see why his story sounds too sketchy to be true.

AIDS urban legend
Old 05-01-2005, 08:25 AM
Race Director

In Health class in 9th grade I remember we did a few weeks on sex-education. I suppose to reiterate what we learned back in 6th grade.

Anyhow our teacher told us this story, but it was about a guy who fucked some chick, the chick gave him a box, and said don't open it till you get on the plane tomorrow, inside the box was a note that said "welcome to the world of aids"

So one of my buddies left a box in her teacher mailbox the next morning saying "Welcome to the world of aids."

Funny thing is, half the class "bought" her story, and was talking about it all day. Morons.
Old 05-01-2005, 02:43 PM
Homeless

Originally Posted by TLD
AIDS is scary, but it's not as easy to contract as you think. Even if you went it raw, the chances are against you catching the disease, but they're significantly higher than if you went in with a rubber. Get yourself checked in 6 months because the antibodies won't show right away if you caught AIDS, but remember, the odds are in your favor although catching something bacterial could have happened because the odds are not in your favor for bacterial infections.
I'd suggest you leave the medical advice to professionals or do better internet searches before making such statements.
Old 05-01-2005, 07:44 PM
TLD
Mixed Martial Artist

Originally Posted by chef chris
I'd suggest you leave the medical advice to professionals or do better internet searches before making such statements.
You mean you're not a chef?
Old 05-01-2005, 07:52 PM
Homeless

Originally Posted by TLD
You mean you're not a chef?
No, I'm a self-professed 'Love Doctor' giving out poor medical advice to people on an internet forum.

...stick with the busted Love Line thing Dean, leave the medical stuff to real doctors.
Old 05-01-2005, 07:56 PM
I keeps it real

Old 05-01-2005, 07:59 PM
Homeless

Originally Posted by GoDucksCLSPride
I love pizza.

...and this thread sucks running rhino ass.

That is all.
Old 05-01-2005, 08:03 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 71 Likes on 28 Posts

Old 05-01-2005, 08:52 PM
Burning Brakes

AND
Old 05-01-2005, 08:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by anokha786
AND
and
Old 05-01-2005, 09:23 PM
Homeless

Originally Posted by 55M2G7L
and

&
Old 05-01-2005, 09:24 PM
I keeps it real

Originally Posted by chef chris

&
Awww....i love the TLD flame wars. He always want to grapple everyone.
Old 05-01-2005, 09:27 PM
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts

and i agree chris, pizza is good shite.
Old 05-01-2005, 09:28 PM
Homeless

Awww....i love the TLD flame wars. He always want to grapple everyone.
Can you feel the love....???

Old 05-01-2005, 09:51 PM
Suzuka Master

I thought he was going to say he woke up in a bathtub full of red ice an saw a note posted on the wall telling him that his kidneys have been harvested for organ transplants and that he needed to get to a hospital right away.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:41 PM
Homeless

^ this is right along those lines...
Old 05-01-2005, 10:44 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by SpeedyV6
I thought he was going to say he woke up in a bathtub full of red ice an saw a note posted on the wall telling him that his kidneys have been harvested for organ transplants and that he needed to get to a hospital right away.

Old 05-01-2005, 10:51 PM
Suzuka Master

The original version was much better:

A TRUE STORY!

This guy who lived next door to Amy (my girlfriend) went out last Saturday night to a party. He was having a good time, had a couple of beers and some girl seemed to like him and invited him to go to another party. He quickly agreed and decided to go along with her. She took him to a party in some apartment and they continued to drink, and even got involved with some other drugs (unknown which). The next thing he knew, he woke up completely naked in a bathtub filled with ice. He was still feeling the effects of the drugs, but looked around to see he was alone.

He looked down at his chest, which had "CALL 911 OR YOU WILL DIE" written on it in lipstick. He saw a phone was on a stand next to the tub, so he picked it up and dialed. He explained to the EMS operator what the situation was and that he didn't know where he was, what he took, or why he was really calling. She advised him to get out of the tub. He did, and she asked him to look himself over in the mirror. He did, and appeared normal, so she told him to check his back. He did, only to find two 9 inch slits on his lower back. She told him to get back in the tub immediately, and they sent a rescue team over.

Apparently, after being examined, he found out more of what had happened. His kidneys were stolen. They are worth 10,000 dollars each on the black market. (I was unaware this even existed). Several guesses are in order: The second party was a sham, the people involved had to be at least medical students, and it was not just recreational drugs he was given.

Regardless, he is currently in the hospital on life support, awaiting a spare kidney.
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/robbery/kidney2.htm
Old 05-01-2005, 11:17 PM
Suzuka Master

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/madmen/aidsmary.htm
Old 05-02-2005, 12:48 AM
Homeless

God bless snopes.
Old 05-02-2005, 10:28 AM
ric
Safety Car

The urban legend exists for a reason; it encapsulates the embedded cultural fear we have about AIDs and its transmission. If we assume that the first poster was passing on an urban legend, it is nothing more than a sadistic prank. Howver, I would reiterate that unprotected sex with a partner who has had unprotected sex with someone else means that you are sleeping, not only with that individual, but with their sexual history as well. AIDS is the preement STD of our generation, but in fact, Hep C is far more challenging to deal with, as it is very resistant to medical treatment. And, those pesky virii, Syph and the Clap, are still running around, causing great consternation. Syph, left untreated, can be a killer, though it takes some time.

In truth, the HIV virus is not a compellingly strong one, and one can be exposed without contracting it. It surves poorly in lukewarm or cold conditions, and it is not passed, at least as far as clinical stuies have confirmed, via saliva or tears. However, if you're stupid enough to play without a raincoat on - the "day-after" regimen is the standard protocol worked out in the medical profession - take the killer doses of protease inhibitors for a week in a hope of stomping the virus out before it has a chance to establish itself, go for six months and get tested. The one-year test is considered definitive. Rubbers are not foolproof, of course, but they represent a significant deterrent to virus transmission.

I'm no choirboy, as anyone reading my posts knows, but jeez, you folks playing the field need to be careful! AID's is now a manageable chronic condition for which there is no known cure, the drugs that address it are toxic in and of themselves wtih as yet unknown longterm side-effects, and the illness itself in conjunction with the drug regimen needed to treat it is fatigueing. Cost of the drug regimen is about $20,000/year, so if you play the field fast and loose, make sure you have a decent insurance program or a trust fund.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:03 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,461 Likes on 3,055 Posts
Get checked, and get checked again in like 6 months. But the chances of contracting from a girl are slimmer than a girl getting from a guy. But hopefully it's just a sick joke. Good luck bro, I hope you're ok. Next time, wrap it up

Quick Reply: Need advice...real bad!!!