Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

In love with your best friend?

Old 12-23-2006 | 02:16 AM
Suzuka Master

In love with your best friend?

Well I don't usually post my personal shit here, but I'm all drunk and I gotta say I'm fuckin stupid for one of my best friends. I'm a fool for this girl and I don't know what to do about it. We chill all the time n have always been really close and I know she just doesn't look at me that way - what the fuck do? it sucks...
Old 12-23-2006 | 03:00 AM
Banned

I am in the same type of thing..

I like my best friend which she is a female hell i knew her snice 6th grade. But the thing is she is moving out to college in 07 and i guess i let her go easy..
Old 12-23-2006 | 04:14 AM
03' NBP TL-S

been there done that. at your age, it's going to end up (90% likely) bad. it's going to ruin your friendship one way or the other. good luck though.
Old 12-23-2006 | 05:54 AM
Go Giants

Jack off to her pics and call it a day
Old 12-23-2006 | 07:56 AM
F1 cart racer

i'm in that situation, but we actually dated a year ago (she went back to the ex before me, long ass story).........kind of hooked up over the summer while she was with him. and she has been very torn. but at the end of the summer she said she couldn't be with me. i helped her throug alot of stuff and me and her are close. it's just a fucked up situation. but it's alot more complicated then that.

and yea it blows so much.
Old 12-23-2006 | 10:41 AM
Senior Moderator

Try, its up to you, if you don't, it will bug the hell outta you. But there will be other close female friends, and you might fall for them too. I found one in college, we got together after she graduated, and we've been together since! I plan to propose some day.
Old 12-23-2006 | 11:36 AM
Team Owner

don't ever try to jump off the friends ladder, its a long way down.

<--Tried to do it, the ground is hard.
Old 12-23-2006 | 11:43 AM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Just be honest with him, and tell him how you feel. You never know, he may be feeling the same way.
Old 12-23-2006 | 11:45 AM
Go Giants

Originally Posted by fdl
Just be honest with him, and tell him how you feel. You never know, he may be feeling the same way.
He did say girl....Nice try.
Old 12-23-2006 | 12:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AS3.0CL
i'm in that situation, but we actually dated a year ago (she went back to the ex before me, long ass story).........kind of hooked up over the summer while she was with him. and she has been very torn. but at the end of the summer she said she couldn't be with me. i helped her throug alot of stuff and me and her are close. it's just a fucked up situation. but it's alot more complicated then that.

and yea it blows so much.
Its hard tho thats why i didnt do nothing wtith the girl i know..
Old 12-23-2006 | 12:42 PM
RAR

Here's what you say:

"Have you ever thought about us getting together?"

Now setup is important so you can be talking about bad or previous relationships. You can also play it off as you're just kidding around if she slams the idea, but dont give in so easy, keep pushing it with her in a semi joking manner
Old 12-23-2006 | 01:29 PM
Senior Moderator

You know, i thought i was in love with my best friend when i was growing up. But i never acted on it. Till this day we are still friends and I have no desire to be with her at all.

Sorta glad i didnt try to ruin the friendship by acting on my feelings.
Old 12-23-2006 | 01:45 PM
The hair says it all

Been there, ruined that relationship but got some decent play. After the friendship was ixnayed i could suddenly see clearly why everyone else hated her...I would call it a good move
Old 12-23-2006 | 04:41 PM
Team Owner

Yeah, the floor is indeed hard when one fails at something like this. I'd have to say, don't ruin your friendship, and just keep it an infatuation.
Old 12-23-2006 | 05:33 PM
Burning Brakes

CUNextTuesday
Think long and hard and be absolutely certain that you want to take the relationship to another level, make sure it isn't a passing crush. Having a quick fling is quite likely to damage the friendship - you could be better off having a fling with someone else you like just as much, and not losing your friend.
Old 12-23-2006 | 06:25 PM
Arriving Somewhere...

Originally Posted by leedogg
Here's what you say:

Very good advice. If you don't ask, someone else will (like a common friend of both of you). I know there were a few female friends of mine that we had this exact conversation. I wasn't interested in more, but I think they might have been. We just kind of laughed about our differences and said it would never work. In both cases, the friendship was not hurt at all. If she's into you, the conversation will take a different turn. If not, you're probably still OK.
Old 12-23-2006 | 07:30 PM
Suzuka Master

Hmm...it's kinda complicated because we've been good friends for a few years now, but sort of on n off. I've definitely had chances with her before, but never really acted on anything. Lately I just can't stop thinkin bout her and it pisses me off I really don't want to fall for any girl right now - I just can't help it though.
Old 12-23-2006 | 08:02 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by CUNextTuesday
Hmm...it's kinda complicated because we've been good friends for a few years now, but sort of on n off. I've definitely had chances with her before, but never really acted on anything. Lately I just can't stop thinkin bout her and it pisses me off I really don't want to fall for any girl right now - I just can't help it though.
At your age, if you just wait a couple of weeks I'm sure she will tell you about the new salami salesman she just met. Then you can move along.
Old 12-23-2006 | 08:11 PM
ALi G in the House!

Originally Posted by Whiskers
Jack off to her pics and call it a day

is that what you do whiskers?
Old 12-23-2006 | 08:30 PM
Racer

Here's what you say:

Now setup is important so you can be talking about bad or previous relationships. You can also play it off as you're just kidding around if she slams the idea, but dont give in so easy, keep pushing it with her in a semi joking manner
I agree with leedogg...this is great advice. If she turns you down....just keep playing/joking with her. Don't become all serious or express how you truly feel.
Old 12-23-2006 | 09:20 PM
F1 cart racer

Originally Posted by AcuracltypeS03
Its hard tho thats why i didnt do nothing wtith the girl i know..

but the thing is when i met her she wasn't with him (the kid has seriouse problems, like abbusive wankster, but yet she took him back and is still with him). but thats when we dated for a bit, broke up and she was between me and him and the long term shit she had with him won out. we didn't talk much after that and then 2 months later we stared to hang everyday behind is back, she asked me to chill with her one night, and has been like that up until very recently. i've helped her with alot of stuff over the past year, some very deep stuff and we are very close. she's trying to make it work with him with a seriouse effort thats why we haven't hung out lately. i respect it, because i respect her, but she knows i'll be there if she needs me, and she has needed me alot. i don't know with me and her. but is there a possibility in the future for us to be together, who knows, maybe. all i'm saying is that it's a sucky situation, i'm surprised how strong i have been.

to all those people who just read that and say i'm whipped, i'm deffinitly not, she has been through alot. i've been hanging and chilling with other girls, kind of been on and off with another girl. she knew that, but she also always known i want her to be my girl.

CUNexTuesday
bro just hang in there. i say talk to her about it and see how she feels about it, but don't let on to much at first how much you like her, just feel her out and kind of hint at it and if she wants to know more she'll persue it, and if she doens't want to know anymore then she probably doesn't have the same feelings. it's a sticky situation. good luck

Last edited by AS3.0CL; 12-23-2006 at 09:23 PM.
Old 12-24-2006 | 12:13 AM
Arriving Somewhere...

Originally Posted by doopstr
At your age, if you just wait a couple of weeks I'm sure she will tell you about the new salami salesman she just met. Then you can move along.
I used to think that too... Way back in the day, I missed out on one of the hottest girls I'd ever met because I stopped calling her when she talked about another guy. Later I heard that she really wanted to date me, and I read it all wrong. I always figured it was best to blow a girl off too early then to be pathetic and go after her if she didn't want you.

Then in college, another girl I'd recently met seemed to be into me, then she started talking about some other guy that she liked. I almost wrote her off too, but just waited to see how it played out. 14 years later (12 yrs married), we're still together and going strong.
Old 12-24-2006 | 12:48 AM
RAR

Originally Posted by CUNextTuesday
More importantly, instead of just springing "RAWARR I LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND WILL DIE WITHOUT OUT" on her, the question I gave you will get her to THINK about you in that way, and maybe she'll think "well why not with him" the fact that you seem to have had chances with her before (she may have felt this way about you before?) makes this even more likely. Who knows, maybe she's thinking the exact same thing that you were thinking i.e. I love him so much blah blah blah but he only wants to be friends with me booo hooo hoo, I might get hurted.
Old 12-24-2006 | 01:11 AM
Racer

damn that sucks it's happened to the best of us..

my rule is that if you meet a girl, start getting close to her, and within one month don't see any action in any form at all, drop it. she treats you as a friend.

best thing to do is to either tell her your true feelings or back off a lil, don't be too close to her for a while and later on continue the friendship. that's what i did and now we are closer than ever but i lost those kind of feelings for her.

my 2cents
Old 12-24-2006 | 06:38 AM
Go Giants

Originally Posted by AkuraCLS
is that what you do whiskers?
Yes, your girlfriend is hot....
Old 12-24-2006 | 05:22 PM
ALi G in the House!

no worries..i think she'll appricate that haha
and i dont give a fuck, cuz she's a "loaner" ahahha
Old 12-24-2006 | 06:17 PM
"L-I-V-I-N"

Think long and hard and be absolutely certain that you want to take the relationship to another level, make sure it isn't a passing crush. Having a quick fling is quite likely to damage the friendship - you could be better off having a fling with someone else you like just as much, and not losing your friend.
Bingo. This is the advice I'd give.
Old 12-25-2006 | 01:34 AM
Banned

My ex just called me to come over to her house on Wilmington Beach which is 300 miles away from here and i said no.. Would any of you guys drive 300 miles?
Old 12-25-2006 | 02:39 AM
Senior Moderator

My ex just called me to come over to her house on Wilmington Beach which is 300 miles away from here and i said no.. Would any of you guys drive 300 miles?

HELL NO.

wait.
Old 12-25-2006 | 03:30 AM
RAR

Are you asking us to? Post a pic and maybe we will.
Old 12-25-2006 | 01:44 PM
"L-I-V-I-N"

Depends on what she looks like S03.
Old 12-25-2006 | 05:18 PM
Banned

"Window of Opportunity"

It closed long ago if she's already your "best friend". At least the window of opportunity where it's more easily done and with no risk of losing someone you enjoy spending time with.

But really...a guy...particularly a 19 year old guy doesn't need to have a girl as a "best freind" anyway. So she confides in you that some random a-hole she knobbed didn;t call her the next day and you play wet nurse? Fuck that...make your play and it's either win-win.
Old 12-26-2006 | 01:38 AM

More importantly, instead of just springing "RAWARR I LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND WILL DIE WITHOUT OUT" on her, the question I gave you will get her to THINK about you in that way, and maybe she'll think "well why not with him" the fact that you seem to have had chances with her before (she may have felt this way about you before?) makes this even more likely. Who knows, maybe she's thinking the exact same thing that you were thinking i.e. I love him so much blah blah blah but he only wants to be friends with me booo hooo hoo, I might get hurted.

RAWARR???

The first part of that sentence cracked me up for some reason.
Old 12-26-2006 | 05:17 PM
Banned

Are you asking us to? Post a pic and maybe we will.
Not u i am just asking you guys would u drive 300 miles for ur ex girl???

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-26-2006 | 05:27 PM
Team Owner

Happened to me twice. I couldn't take just being friends and needed to know if I could take it to the next level. Crashed and burned the first time, she didn't feel the same way as I did and the relationship was never the same afterward.

The second one, I married.
Old 12-26-2006 | 07:11 PM
RAR

Not u i am just asking you guys would u drive 300 miles for ur ex girl???

Wha? you said no you're not then u ask would any of us drive instead. Thats like a trip to NY for me. I'd hit it, just post her address on teh interweb, i'm sure somebody will oblige
Old 12-26-2006 | 07:26 PM
Evil Mastermind

Wha? you said no you're not then u ask would any of us drive instead. Thats like a trip to NY for me. I'd hit it, just post her address on teh interweb, i'm sure somebody will oblige
300 miles s/o charlotte would put her pretty close to Chas. (i.e.... ME). Is it 300 miles south? I'll take a bullet for you S03. just tell me when...
Old 12-26-2006 | 08:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by StuntMonkey
300 miles s/o charlotte would put her pretty close to Chas. (i.e.... ME). Is it 300 miles south? I'll take a bullet for you S03. just tell me when...
i dunno but i think its close to 300 tho.. I never went there i went to mrytle beach which is like 300 something miles tho..
Old 12-26-2006 | 08:48 PM
Banned

:ROFL: u actually think that i would do something like that lol..
Old 12-27-2006 | 08:25 AM
Team Owner

CUNexTuesday:

I would say if she's you're best friend, then that ship may have sailed. If she is a good friend and you really feel that way about her, then go for it.

I have dated a couple girls that I started out as just friends with. I think 4. One I will never talk to again. EVER. One, we just lost touch and I have no desire to talk to again. One, I talk to every now and then. She moved, so it's not easy to keep in touch. The last one I call wifey.

You never know until you try. I say, don't try anything without talking to her first.

Quick Reply: In love with your best friend?