Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

Life is good . . . .

Old 09-26-2004 | 05:49 PM
G
Bitten.

Life is good . . . .

Well, life really is good. I happy who I am. I have a good job. I have a place of my own. I drive a nice car. I have great friends, and l am generally happy of who I am, what I am becomming, and where I am going. Life is good. But it is not great. I feel like something is missing. Some part of me is unfulfilled. And I finally figured it out.

It has been a about two years since I have been in a real relationship and I am missing it dearly. I am a loving person and right now, I have no-one to love. Now, I absolutley love my family, my friends, and myself, but by this I mean I have no relationship. I hate using the word girlfriend, cause to me it is more than that word can encompass, but that is really the only word that comes to mind right now.

I am missing the feeling, the spark, the fire of love.

I just feel that to make my life absolutley the best that I can, in a sense, making life great, I need to love. To love someone other than my family, myself (not in a conceited way), and friends.

I am a romanticist and love all of the things that go along with that all-encompasing word-the star-gazing, the sad movies, the beach walking, the spontaneous trips to some exotic place, the late night talks, the morning sunrises, the, well, you get the idea.

I know that y'all are going to tell me that I have the rest of my life to fulfill these things, seeing as I am only 21, and that I should go out and get drunk and find some hot, drunk, college girl that I can take home for the night-but that is not me. I just don't do that kind of thing. I would much rather go out to a ballet, and have a nice romantic dinner. In short, I am not your average 21 year old guy.

Now for the problem. The one girl that I would love to love (ha, that sounds funny) cannot reciprocate the feelings. She and I have been friends for some time, and I have gone away and come back, and imediatly get rapt up in these feelings again. She is complicated and simple all at the same time. She is at least going out with a great guy now, before, she it was questionable, but hey, who am I to judge??

Anyways, I have been trying to get over her, get her out of my heart, out of my head, and out of my life so that I can move on (ha, sounds like we have been dating for some time). I go out with my friends and family, but run into this one problem constantly. One, most of the ladies that I find who are around my age are not ready for a serious relationship. I am labled "boyfriend material" and "someone to cry with" and someone to turn to when down", yada, yada, yada. Blagh!!!!!!! Yes, it is true, so I guess I shouldn't be comlaining much, but it seems like I am always told that "all I want it a nice guy to settle down with". Well, HERE I AM!!!!!

I know, I should start going elsewhere to hang, but the problem is that I work full time and travel about once a week for work, and have classes on top of that. So, free time to hang is not abundent. And the free time that I do have, I spend it wih family and friends.

Then, there is the saying that keeps haunting me, "If you look for it, you won't find it". Well damnit, I am tired of waiting for it to find me!!!!

Anyways, sorry for the ranting, I just had to get this all off of my chest.
Old 09-26-2004 | 06:12 PM
Safety Car

Old 09-26-2004 | 06:31 PM
Not Asian

wow...I feel the exact same way. Almost down to every detail. My life is awesome, but not complete.
Old 09-26-2004 | 06:40 PM
Diamonds are forever...

Glad to hear that guys my age aren't all just into a quick bang Hope that you find your lady. You may want to see if you can date some older chicks though, not TOO old, but old enough to know what they want. A lot of chicks our age just want to play.
Old 09-26-2004 | 06:42 PM
TLD
Mixed Martial Artist

You're waiting for love to find you? Where did you hear that expression, if you look you won't find it? You should go out there and get it, stop waiting for it to come your way. As for the girl you like, if she doesn't feel the same, don't waste your time. There are too many girls out there to waste all that energy on one who's not interested in you. Personally, I'd find it an insult if a girl thought I wasn't a good catch, so look around, be confident, and get yourself a girlfriend.
Old 09-26-2004 | 07:24 PM
Banned

ditto on the writeup and ditto on Deans comments too...

i dont have a steady woman, but i date a few girls all at once... but i cant decide which one i want to have as my own...

life is good yes, but it is better with a true partner...
Old 09-26-2004 | 08:00 PM
Above n Beyond

wow i cant believe all that came out of a 21yr olds life......i am exactly the opposite, at least for right now. i was in a long relationship from 19yrs old to like 21, and then we broke up. now my ass doesnt wanna come close to a relationship cause i am at the prime age of going out and having fun, meeting random girls, hanging with them, sometimes............ya know.

so i cant relate to your ways, u seem to be very busy, and if ur waiting for someone to come along, its gonna be hard around your schedule unless u meet someone on ur lunch break or on an airplane or something.

i would try and get out and just meet people man. maybe it will lead into a relationship down the road, but your never gonna know unless u start going up to girls (if its not the bars/clubs, then other places you hang out at or go to)

o yeah........ballet?? lol
Old 09-26-2004 | 10:07 PM
G
Bitten.

Originally Posted by UNCTYPE-S
o yeah........ballet?? lol
ha, first thing that came to my mind!! I actually like to go to musicals and plays etc., never been to a ballet.

But, about the clubs, that is part of my problem. I have fun when I go out with my friends some Saturday nights, but the likely-hood of me meeting someone who I would want to be in a relationship with downtown at some bar is VERY unlikely.

Oh yeah, and about the lady friend, that is one hell of a long story. But to shorten it up, I have cut all contact with her so that I can move on. Hard as sh*t to say good bye to someone like her, but hopefully in the end it will all work out for the best.
Old 09-26-2004 | 10:39 PM
werd

hate to tell you man but, hot broads your age don't dig the sensitivity/romance shit.

well they do, for a couple of hours sometimes, but then get bored and bang Billy Bad Ass because he's exciting.

good luck to you too.
Old 09-26-2004 | 10:46 PM
G
Bitten.

Originally Posted by amisconception
hate to tell you man but, hot broads your age don't dig the sensitivity/romance shit.

well they do, for a couple of hours sometimes, but then get bored and bang Billy Bad Ass because he's exciting.

good luck to you too.
damn way to make me sound like a 30 yr old going nowhere who sits at home and does nothing fun. I said I like the romantic stuff, but that doesn't mean that I a bore!!!!

But really I understand what you mean. Just another reason that maturing faster isn't always all that great. I have life and career goals and am diving head first into life to get them. I guess Billy Bad Ass's goals are getting drunk and baning the little misses.

I was shocked the day that I was told that I was intimidating. I was like, WTF??? Me of all people, I am just a haapy-go-lucky kind of guy, not at all intimidating. But then it was broken down to me. I never thought that actually going out and doing what you love and going after something that you want, besides the little misses, could be intimidating. Funny who things work out.
Old 09-27-2004 | 05:38 AM
Race Director

my life is completely ass backwards then. ive got that one special person, but the rest of my life sucks.
Old 09-27-2004 | 05:52 AM
Pit Stop?

You should read my thread........you sound exactly like me.
Old 09-27-2004 | 11:17 AM
Above n Beyond

Originally Posted by ATXCLS
But, about the clubs, that is part of my problem. I have fun when I go out with my friends some Saturday nights, but the likely-hood of me meeting someone who I would want to be in a relationship with downtown at some bar is VERY unlikely.
how do u know you wont meet a future girlfriend at a bar/club. that means your stereotyping those places, what are you trying to say?

you will never know if u dont go up to chicks. if u meet a girl and she just wants to hook up or be friends, then you know thats not what you want, so move on.
Old 09-27-2004 | 11:21 AM
Yeehaw

you sound like the polar opposite of me.
Old 09-27-2004 | 12:24 PM
Banned

lol, what is with this guy? this is one of the lamest, most self-serving, attention whoring threads ive ever seen! why would any of us care to hear how great your life is other than your lack of getting laid? if youre unhappy about that, the change something! free up some time. if you have enough time to write that long ass post about your life, you have time to get away from the computer, go out to a bar or something and pick up some chick....of course that depends on how you look, and most dudes who post threads about how much they want love and relationships...are the ugly and/or fat guys...youll notice that the people around here who post about how much tail they get and how they dont want girlfreinds are all the good looking, well dressed guys, not the ugly, or fat or shy guys. youre 21....lighten up man.
Old 09-27-2004 | 01:24 PM
G
Bitten.

Originally Posted by jimcol711
lol, what is with this guy? this is one of the lamest, most self-serving, attention whoring threads ive ever seen! why would any of us care to hear how great your life is other than your lack of getting laid? if youre unhappy about that, the change something! free up some time. if you have enough time to write that long ass post about your life, you have time to get away from the computer, go out to a bar or something and pick up some chick....of course that depends on how you look, and most dudes who post threads about how much they want love and relationships...are the ugly and/or fat guys...youll notice that the people around here who post about how much tail they get and how they dont want girlfreinds are all the good looking, well dressed guys, not the ugly, or fat or shy guys. youre 21....lighten up man.
Holy sh*t dude. Lighten the f*ck up!!!! I am going to stop there cause what you said is just so f*cking stupid and stereotypical of some a$$hole that I fear if I continue, I may loose it.

Oh yeah, and I am a little overwieght, nothing major at all, but I am by no means ugly. And if you even read half of my damn post, you would notice that I DON'T just want to get laid.

All I have to say is go f*ck yourself buddy, cause you sure are one hell of an a$$hole.
Old 09-27-2004 | 01:26 PM
G
Bitten.

Originally Posted by UNCTYPE-S
how do u know you wont meet a future girlfriend at a bar/club. that means your stereotyping those places, what are you trying to say?

you will never know if u dont go up to chicks. if u meet a girl and she just wants to hook up or be friends, then you know thats not what you want, so move on.
Yeah I know that that sounded stereotypical, and I am sorry if that offends anyone, for that is not what I meant. I was just saying that the probability of me meeting someone that fits what I want where I go downtown, 6th street for those who are familiar with Austin, is low.

Oh yeah, and going up to the ladies is not the problem.
Old 09-27-2004 | 01:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ATXCLS
Holy sh*t dude. Lighten the f*ck up!!!! I am going to stop there cause what you said is just so f*cking stupid and stereotypical of some a$$hole that I fear if I continue, I may loose it.

Oh yeah, and I am a little overwieght, nothing major at all, but I am by no means ugly. And if you even read half of my damn post, you would notice that I DON'T just want to get laid.

All I have to say is go f*ck yourself buddy, cause you sure are one hell of an a$$hole.

oh relax man, im a bigger guy too, im only saying what i say because ive been there and done that.... i didnt mean to make you blow a gasket, i just think you need to loosen up a bit...let the cards fall into place. if you really dont want to have the typical fun of a normal 21 year old dude, hey, thats your thing. go for it, im not knockin it, it just isnt for me, or most other guys. chill out man. no need to get up in arms.

peace
Old 09-27-2004 | 01:32 PM
G
Bitten.

Originally Posted by Minch00
You should read my thread........you sound exactly like me.
Yeah I know, I read it the other day. You do sound similar to me.
Old 09-27-2004 | 01:39 PM
G
Bitten.

oh relax man, im a bigger guy too, im only saying what i say because ive been there and done that.... i didnt mean to make you blow a gasket, i just think you need to loosen up a bit...let the cards fall into place. if you really dont want to have the typical fun of a normal 21 year old dude, hey, thats your thing. go for it, im not knockin it, it just isnt for me, or most other guys. chill out man. no need to get up in arms.

peace
It just pissed me off. I mean, I was just typing this to get it off of my chest and then you come along and are like the calvin sticker that pisses on the ford emblem, only instead of the ford emblem, it is this post.

Like I said earlier, I am not your typical 21 yr old guy. I have goals and ambitions and am going after them instead of going after some hot chick just to get laid. For me, life is more than having sex with some random chick that I just picked up in the club.

Fun is hangin out with the family, hanging with the guys and working on cars and expanding my business. Fun is a hell of a lot more than sex.
Old 09-27-2004 | 01:52 PM

Old 09-27-2004 | 03:38 PM
Masshole

Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of a fat guy's life.
Old 09-27-2004 | 04:08 PM
G
Bitten.

Originally Posted by tmk70
Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of a fat guy's life.
Huh???? I have no idea whaty the hell you are saying. But who said anyone was fat???