Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

how would you handle this? (long)

Old 06-16-2005, 12:25 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how would you handle this? (long)

i dated this girl for about 5 months about 3 years ago. we were pretty close throughout the relationship. towards the end tho, i was always hangin with my friends. not spending much time with her. i dont know what my deal was. this girl was so into me though. i could see her feelings were alot deeper then mine were. so i broke it off, i didnt wanna drag her through the mud anymore. we talked a little bit here and there over the past 3 years but nothin major. so recently she started calling me. about 3 weeks ago she asked if i wanted to go to the bar with her, i said sure. so we went out and had a nice time (nothin happened). she proceeded to tell me that she was getting engaged and was gonna be married in 7-8 months. we were touchy feely, all that non sense. in the car she put my arm around her but thats as far as it went. so last night she calls me up and i was at the bowling alley throwin a few games with my bro and a friend of mine. she said she wanted to come up and say hi and see me, i said no problem. so she shows up wearing a little dress, again being all touchy feely. so when it was time to leave my brother took my keys and left the alley, leaving me with her. so she says, ill give u a ride, its on the way home. so we are in the car, just talkin. we talk about us a bit. and she says i loved you, i cared about you. i still do care about you. this and that. so im like what does this chick want from me. im kind of hesitant to do anything or say anything since she is about to be married and all. but in return i told her i care about her also (which i do). like i said before, this girl was very attached to me. so i get out of the car, she gets out and gives me a big hug and just holds on for a bit. then she left. this has got my mind goin crazy today..... does she want me back? i think she is making a mistake by getting married... it seems to soon and she seems as if she is rushing it, but who am i to judge. ivew talked to my bro and my pop about this and they say its obvious she wants me back. i just dont wanna put her in that type of situation. its not fair. but ive matured since we dated and things would def be different now. over the last 3 weeks ive notcied somethin about her has kept her on my mind. im so confused.... helppppppp
Old 06-16-2005, 12:40 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,203 Likes on 1,206 Posts
I think she is just realizing that she is getting married and the dating scene is coming to an end. She may just want a fling with you.

Anyway it's wrong for her to do that. Since you dated her I think you should just flat out ask her what her feelings are and if she is just looking to or if she wants to get back with you. If she wants to get back then you have to make sure she gets rid of that other guy before you get back invovled in this. I have a feeling that doing anything with this girl will be bad for you though in the long run.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:08 PM
Banned

Sometimes I wonder if people are making up stories . D&R have some fucked up stories I tell ya. In any case, the girl is obviously having doubts in her relationship or simply like doopstr said "feeling the dating scene coming to an end" If you have respect for her fiance and her.. you shouldn't see her anymore and tell her straight up "I woudn't want my fiance to be all touchy with someone " Regardless if she wants to get back with you or not, the problem lies within her "she's fucked up", imagine if you get back with this biatch and end up proposing. She'll do the same shit to another man days before her marriage then you're really fucked.
You never had a thing for her, so you broke it off.. let's keep it that way.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:12 PM
50? you must be kidding!

If she is getting married and is still acting like this, I think she needs to sit down and really search her feelings, and so do you. If you have feeling for each other and want to act on them, then some serious communication is in order! Tell her what you're feeling and ask her point blank about her fiance. Ask her why she's acting this way if she's in love with some other guy. If she isn't then she needs to get out of that before it's too late.

GO SLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW
and
TALK

Please think with the correct head, the other one will just make it worse...
Old 06-16-2005, 02:46 PM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
You might want her more now because she is getting married...people have a tendency to want what they can't have. Don't let yourself fall into that trap...
Old 06-16-2005, 03:01 PM
If He Dies...He Dies

Originally Posted by GIBSON6594
You might want her more now because she is getting married...people have a tendency to want what they can't have. Don't let yourself fall into that trap...
agreed.

Don't fall for it. You have to sit her down and ask her what she wants from you. Be the man. Its pretty damn obvious that she wanted you to make a move while you were hangin out with her, but she knew she couldn't because it would have further fucked up her thought process by initiating something physical outside her relationship. IF you had kissed her, I think you two would have been talking about what she wants the moment after the kiss happened.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:01 AM
Drifting

i def respect the fact that she is engaged. thats why i didnt make a move. i wouldnt want that shit goin down with me.... im not gonna do that to someone else...
Old 06-22-2005, 09:41 PM
If He Dies...He Dies

did u talk to her yet?
Old 06-22-2005, 10:27 PM
Race Director

So you have to ask yourself, if her old man drove up on you while you were in the car with her, why would you want to put yourself in that position?

As the guy, you should know a woman has no business putting herself in that people unless YOU want it to be that way. Otherwise, you need to disappear unless you're ready from some drama.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:10 PM
Suzuka Master

so why don't you call her and make everything out in the open?
Old 06-22-2005, 11:31 PM
werd

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
If you want her, and she wants you, maybe it's a good opportunity for her to drop the marriage. Maybe she's getting married for the wrong reasons.

You obviously don't want to just bang her... Have a conversation with her about it. If my fiance was doing what she's doing with you, I'd totally believe that the marriage wasn't going to work and would probably take some time off from her if not completely dump her.

Whatever you do, take the high-road.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:30 AM
No longer in denial

From a female's perspective, I saw this happen with my sister before she got married to her now husband. She didn't whore around on him, but a few months before she was supposed to get married, she started talking to random guys on the internet and they started calling the house.

I asked her straight up why she would want to talk to other guys and her repsonse was that she never had the chance to really date, etc. since her and her soon-to-be hubby were high school sweethearts. I told her straight up she's stupid for doing that, but yeah, I think that's what this girl is thinking. Luckily for my sister it never went past chatting and talking on the phone, but with this chick its obvious she's really not mature enough to be getting married or be in a serious relationship with anyone if she's having these second thoughts.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:04 PM
ric
Safety Car

Wait until three days before the wedding, then stake her to Greyhound bus money, so she can take all-night bus rides to Albuquerque and claim to be abducted.

Whatever riff she's running, you're best out of it. If, and only if, she recognizes that she's "confused and conflicted" and breaks off her engagement, would there be a legitimate reason to start the flames burning again....... BUt until then, you're playing with who knows what by way of her internal dynamic. If she doesn't recognize that she's conflicted and gets married, then she'll end up divorced. If she is just messing around, then best not be her mess.