Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

How not to end up on the Friends ladder?

Old 11-27-2007, 08:28 PM
intelligentsia

Location: Land of cheap vodka, hot girls, and great nightlife
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by darksom1
Look in the mirror, and hold up your hand. It's either her, or those guys! Now who do you want to spend the night with?
Lol true but I may have to enforce roommate law. If my roommate/friends hooked up with her than its unhittable. Unless she wants a threesome in that case the idea is debatable, but I'm not a fan of doubleteams with 2 dudes.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:27 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts
Originally Posted by SRK85
Lol true but I may have to enforce roommate law. If my roommate/friends hooked up with her than its unhittable. Unless she wants a threesome in that case the idea is debatable, but I'm not a fan of doubleteams with 2 dudes.
THERE IS NO SUCH LAW TO BE ENFORCED. It's actually quite the contrary - roommates and friends should SHARE. It's different if they're dating, but that's a totally different scenario.

And how are you not a fan of doubleteams with two dudes if you haven't had a threesome with two chicks?

Like everyone's been saying - stop planning, stop thinking, just do sooomething.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:42 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You act like you got a preference or something! Like you got a rack of honeys waiting on you or something! Better get in where you can fit in! Hahahahaha!
Old 11-27-2007, 11:03 PM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by amisconception
He needs alcohol, ha.
Always helpful...
Old 11-27-2007, 11:12 PM
intelligentsia

Whatever I'll ask her to dinner tomorrow. We'll see what happens.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:17 PM
Just dial 1911

lol...wow, you need help beyond an intarweb forum...good luck...
Old 11-28-2007, 12:14 PM
Drive FAst and Swirve

Originally Posted by darksom1
You act like you got a preference or something! Like you got a rack of honeys waiting on you or something! Better get in where you can fit in! Hahahahaha!
Hahahahaha so true, beggers cant be choosers......Quit your lolligagging and do something already......and lets hope your window of opportunity has not closed.....If she mentions your old roomate just unzip pull out your dick and tell her its pure bread unlike your roomie lol
Old 11-28-2007, 06:14 PM
is learning to moonwalk i

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow. Tell her you don't talk to the roommate any more and that she should come back to your place for a drink. Or better yet, invite yourself over to dinner at her place and make her cook.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:34 PM
intelligentsia

Originally Posted by moeronn
Wow. Tell her you don't talk to the roommate any more and that she should come back to your place for a drink. Or better yet, invite yourself over to dinner at her place and make her cook.
Um ueah shes a freshman who stays at the dorms it would be hard to cook. Plus it seems shes very religious and not looking for a relationship. I don't know if I should abandon ship, or be friends and hope eventually she will like me.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:35 PM

Received 2,811 Likes on 1,991 Posts
Um ueah shes a freshman who stays at the dorms it would be hard to cook. Plus it seems shes very religious and not looking for a relationship. I don't know if I should abandon ship, or be friends and hope eventually she will like me.
ask her to play just the tip!
Old 11-28-2007, 06:43 PM

While I'm not as elloquent as darksom, my advice to you is to reach between your legs and check to make sure you still have balls.

If yes, take a risk and make a bold move - i.e. ask her out. The dinner thing was a suggestion that obviously won't work in this situation. Try something else along those lines - put the ball in her court.

If no, then prepare yourself for a long stay in your parents basement (and don't say your parents don't have one) as a bachelor.

If unsure, reread this entire thread and decide what course of action you will take. There are really only two choices: A) make a move and live with the consequences or 2) Don't make a move and regret it for the rest of your life, always looking back at this opportunity and thinking "what if..."

Sack up and go get her.
Originally Posted by Mizouse
ask her to play just the tip!
How's that working out for you?
Old 11-28-2007, 07:35 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

I don't know if I should abandon ship, or be friends and hope eventually she will like me.
I'm starting to think you are afraid she will kick your ass if you ask her for anything more than "where would you like me to take you next?"!!! (By the way - I just used 3 exclamation marks, so I meant that shit!) ROFLMAO!!! (oops, there I go again!)
Old 11-28-2007, 07:44 PM
intelligentsia

No I just don't want to piss her off or offend her. Whatever I shouldn't worry about it and just do whatever comes naturally.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:00 PM

No I just don't want to piss her off or offend her. Whatever I shouldn't worry about it and just do whatever comes naturally.
You are afraid of rejection. It's not something that will go away, but it is something you can accept, learn from and move past. Seriously, what is the worst that will happen? She'll might say "Sorry, I don't like you in that way but I really want to stay friends with you." That would put you in the place you've already relegated yourself to, so you'd be no worse off. But, she might say "I'm glad you said something because I was too shy to make a move myself." and then you have her. Either way, it's a win/no lose proposition.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:11 PM
10th Gear

OP needs to start "smoking'' and to get out the house and hang out more often.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:22 PM
1st Gear

You guys are hilarious
Old 11-28-2007, 10:29 PM
Arriving Somewhere...

Originally Posted by A.Gold
You guys are hilarious
You waited over a year for that as your first post? You should be proud.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:12 AM
intelligentsia

I hung out with her tonite she gave me a birthday card. She got drunk but unforuatanely I have a heart and did not try and take advantage of her.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:28 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

I hung out with her tonite she gave me a birthday card. She got drunk but unforuatanely I have a heart and did not try and take advantage of her.
A religious chick getting pissy drunk? And you didn't relieve her of a few ounces of bodily fluid? :troutslap

Oh yeah...glad you had a nice time...
Old 11-29-2007, 12:37 AM
intelligentsia

HAHA fuck you I pride myself on being a nice guy. Plus I just can't do it maybe I suck.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:55 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

You do know that you are definitely a "friend" at this point right? As long as you know...personally, I think you are afraid of women. I'm not getting on you about it, I just think that is what's wrong here. How long have you been like that? It's ok...everyone wasn't born to "conquer"...some people are the "hope eventually she will like me" type. It's ok really...
Old 11-29-2007, 01:01 AM

Received 2,811 Likes on 1,991 Posts
HAHA fuck you I pride myself on being a nice guy. Plus I just can't do it maybe I suck.
ive watched too much collegefvckfest to not do that, just a shame the opportunity hasn't presented itself
Old 11-29-2007, 02:19 AM
werd

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
SRK85, there is nothing wrong with being a woman trapped in a man's body. There is no bigger misunderstood group than the Male to Female Transsexual. People either see you as gay men making excuses to sleep with other men or sex objects with a little extra. The fact is nothing could be further from the truth. Transsexuals are People who were born with a female mind and soul and a male body that doesn't match. It is a birth defect, not a lifestyle choice.

Wherever your life's path takes you, I wish you the best of luck. You deserve happiness.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:25 AM
Kang Ho

ahaha...you guys are funny as hell. You ever heard the term good guy finish last? As far back as I can remember, last place didnt get a gold medal..... That is pretty much true until the girl is like 24+, then they'll start thinking about all the crazy shit they done in the past. You miss this one, time to eye the next one!
Old 11-29-2007, 09:00 AM
Safety Car

Received 145 Likes on 90 Posts
If it's any consolation, I wouldn't have been able to do it either. If you really like the person, you'd rather them make the decision to have sex with you when they're sober; then you know the feeling is mutual. Sex doesn't close the deal, anyway.

I'm afraid you're on the friend ladder. I don't think anything changed, meaning you probably always were, but the status is confirmed now.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:30 AM
Drive FAst and Swirve

I must say it just saddens me to hear the OPs lastest update. There is so much great advice here literally spelled out for you and you still dont take it. Damn it kid, man up already. Not trying to get on your case at all, well just a little. You HAVE to get over your fear or rejection and learn to accept man. Its just part of life, it will ALWAYS be in existence. If you dont then you'll continue to come on here asking what should I do. Dont think so damn much and just DO IT.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:41 AM

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts
SRK85, there is nothing wrong with being a woman trapped in a man's body. There is no bigger misunderstood group than the Male to Female Transsexual. People either see you as gay men making excuses to sleep with other men or sex objects with a little extra. The fact is nothing could be further from the truth. Transsexuals are People who were born with a female mind and soul and a male body that doesn't match. It is a birth defect, not a lifestyle choice.

Wherever your life's path takes you, I wish you the best of luck. You deserve happiness.

Old 11-29-2007, 10:02 AM
Just dial 1911

10 years from now, you'll go back to this thread and start crying...
Old 11-29-2007, 11:32 AM
intelligentsia

Originally Posted by Mizouse
ive watched too much collegefvckfest to not do that, just a shame the opportunity hasn't presented itself
Same boat the opportunity never presented itself last night either. I guess I worded it wrong, it the opportunity did happen I would take it. But I wasn't gonna force it.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:38 AM
werd

SRK85, I asked you on page two if you were a virgin. You never answered.

Are you or are you not? If you are, it's not something to be ashamed about. It just gives me an understanding of your experience (context).
Old 11-29-2007, 12:14 PM

Same boat the opportunity never presented itself last night either. I guess I worded it wrong, it the opportunity did happen I would take it. But I wasn't gonna force it.
Honestly, having some chick nearly passing out drunk in front of you is not something you should be hitting, IMHO, unless things were heading that way prior to getting trashed. I will commend you on not trying to "score" with her while she was drunk. Seriously, it would be like Wayne Greztky trying to score a goal with Corky in the net. Well, in this case it would be more like Happy Gilmore instead of The Great One.

Still, the fact remains that you haven't made any overt moves toward her and, at this rate, you never will. YOU are putting yourself in her friend zone by doing nothing. Stop searching for little clues. Stop waiting for her to plant one on you. Just make a move. You don't have to ram your tongue down her throat out of nowhere. Stand a little closer to her when talking and be a little more touchy-feely. Don't grope her or try to hold her hand. Just be casual and put a hand on her shoulder (not the fake yawn move to put your arm around her) for a few seconds when conversing or something to get a little closer to her.

I will leave you with one final note:
Take the advice of the overwhelming majority of posters in this thread or don't ask for advice when you have no intention of following it
Old 11-29-2007, 12:17 PM

SRK85, I asked you on page two if you were a virgin. You never answered.

Are you or are you not? If you are, it's not something to be ashamed about. It just gives me an understanding of your experience (context).

I'm going to assume no...I just think the fact that he really likes this girl is the reason he's so nervous.

We all know that when you really like a girl, you are more nervous than if you were just asking out some chick that you want to bang.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:31 PM
intelligentsia

Originally Posted by Scottman111
I'm going to assume no...I just think the fact that he really likes this girl is the reason he's so nervous.

We all know that when you really like a girl, you are more nervous than if you were just asking out some chick that you want to bang.
Not really actually I'm not nervous around her. Plus her friends know that I like her so she knows. The only question is if she likes back. And I'm not gonna get into my sexual experiences publicly lol. SO yea theres been nights that I've been drunk and did stuff.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:37 PM

Not really actually I'm not nervous around her. Plus her friends know that I like her so she knows. The only question is if she likes back. And I'm not gonna get into my sexual experiences publicly lol. SO yea theres been nights that I've been drunk and did stuff.

Well she's not going to make a move...she's waiting on you to.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:51 PM
Arriving Somewhere...

Originally Posted by Scottman111
Well she's not going to make a move...she's waiting on you to.
If the friends know he likes her, they would be encouraging him if she was interested. My guess: he's a "nice guy"... not attractive to a lot of hot looking psychos, but he'll find a loyal chick some day (unless he sets his standards too high).
Old 11-29-2007, 01:00 PM
werd

So, I'm right, you're a virgin.

Makes sense.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mockenrue
If the friends know he likes her, they would be encouraging him if she was interested. My guess: he's a "nice guy"... not attractive to a lot of hot looking psychos, but he'll find a loyal chick some day (unless he sets his standards too high).

Regardless, she's waiting on him to make his move so she can either deny him or bang his brains out. The ball is in his court now.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by moeronn
Honestly, having some chick nearly passing out drunk in front of you is not something you should be hitting, IMHO, unless things were heading that way prior to getting trashed. I will commend you on not trying to "score" with her while she was drunk.
On another note, some chicks use that as an excuse to "fool around" so they have an out if things arent as they seem. Was she drinking with you or with her friends and other guys? If she wasnt getting blasted with you the majority of the time - you are already in the dreaded zone.

Also, did you drive her home when she was wasted? If you did , i hate to repeat it again, but you know already . . .

And, listen to darksom1, you can tell he wrote the book
Old 11-29-2007, 03:35 PM
intelligentsia

She went back with her friends. I picked her up but I had her friends who also friends with me come over. I want to ask her out to go to the movies next Saturday however I will be in Baltimore for medieval times shes coming too but its a group event on school. So I don't if thats a good thing or bad thing. Plus that Friday night I have another event which we will both be there. I'll invite her back to my place again. I guess I shouldn't be too concerned about the friend ladder afterall the last 2 girls I liked, I voluntarily put myself on the friends ladder. If you want the details just tell me.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:59 PM
Instructor

Stop thinking about it. Call her now and get coffee at Starbucks with her. I'm sure she would like something warm to drink since it is winter time and cold outside. Simple man!

Quick Reply: How not to end up on the Friends ladder?