Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

How much baggage is too much? Update - Got F'ed over

Old 12-18-2012 | 09:27 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by 1StGenCL
Wow, sorry to hear about this update. I know we all (including myself) joked about it but I know break ups suck and really hurt. On the plus side like someone else mentioned, I also really grew up a lot from 25 to 28 in terms of relationships and learned not to be so nice.

Sure, I am nice to the current girl and do anything for her but a few years of getting back to me and banging a few girls at a time, really taught me a lot. Now, break ups don't seem so bad and I could easily break it off with this girl if I saw all the warning signs that I would have chosen to ignore in the past.

Whole point of that little story, this seems to have made you stronger and while some of our advise was a bit harsh and over the top, there was some truth to some of it and hopefully it will help you in the next relationship.

Good luck and just ignore both of them, nothing hurts more.
+1. Acknowledge and move on.
Old 12-19-2012 | 12:36 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by FiftyFive
So the guy texted me today and said he respects the fact that I want space from the whole situation but that he wanted to talk..

I replied with: "I appreciate the effort but honestly there is nothing to talk about. Sorry."

He replied: "That's from him"

I'm assuming he made a mistake and meant to send that to my ex but he sent it to me instead.

Then he said: "I understand there isn't anything to talk about..but a good friendship was ruined over a senseless act which I will take full responsibility for but wasn't the driver for"

I know they have been seeing each other a lot since this whole thing happened.

I haven't replied anything yet but just wanted to say something like "it takes two to tango" or "I'm not naive" or whatever. However, I have never been in this situation before (and never thought I would be, to be honest) and wanted some external input before saying anything.
So, he's sorry he broke up your relationship with the girl?
And he's sorry he ended a friendship & wants to have it back?

But yet, he's still seeing the girl?

Sounds like a classic case of having your cake & eating it, too.

Last edited by Rick_TL-S; 12-19-2012 at 12:39 AM.
Old 12-19-2012 | 07:29 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Good things are coming to you, buddy....don't you even sweat it. Any chance you could NOT run into either of these 2 anymore? Maybe different gym hours or go to a different one?
Old 12-19-2012 | 07:49 AM

The following users liked this post:
FiftyFive (12-19-2012)
Old 12-19-2012 | 08:16 AM
Pro

I've got to totally disagree with op's view on this friend, and empathize with the friend -- as far as the limited details I know. Some of us are built different as humans -- like me and your ex-friend, and we can't get any thrill out of having our own girlfriend. The only real thrill come from having someone else's girlfriend (or preferably -- in order to not lose friendships: someone else's ex-girlfriend).

I am not hypocritical about this either. I was engaged to my last girlfriend for 4 years and planning to marry on college graduation. It turned out she was a pathological liar and con-artist and had another guy for a full 2 years of the 4. It took 2 years of immense suffering and crying myself to sleep with my Richard Marx - Greatest Hits CD every night to get over it. At some point in those 2 years I had a friend mention that the "friendly" texts she had always sent him over the years seemed excessively "friendly" and he was quite confident he could "tap that". He said I could think of it as him "punishing" her on my behalf, because he would really be an asshole about it. I gave him my blessings, no problem, I totally understood why the idea turned him on.
Old 12-19-2012 | 08:18 AM

^I read the first paragraph and still think you're fucking creepy
Old 12-19-2012 | 08:57 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Parasitius, your honesty is refreshing. You really do live up to your screen name. Being OK with your friend revenge fkng your ex as a favor to you and his pen*s is NOT the same thing as OP's close friend banging his GF at the same time he's dating her.
Old 12-19-2012 | 09:08 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by rockstar143
Parasitius, your honesty is refreshing. You really do live up to your screen name. Being OK with your friend revenge fkng your ex as a favor to you and his pen*s is NOT the same thing as OP's close friend banging his GF at the same time he's dating her.
Yeah... again really depends on the details. Some people suggested the friend and girl had already done something before you guys broke up. In that case, he is f@#$(ed up. OTOH I did this once when they were still together, but I thought it was fully justified because my friend had stolen the girl when she was with his other friend to begin with. In other words, he'd have had to have been out of his mind to expect that she is anything but an amusement and game.
Old 12-19-2012 | 09:08 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Originally Posted by justnspace
^I read the first paragraph and still think you're fucking creepy
I read the whole thing and still think he's fucking creepy
Old 12-19-2012 | 09:47 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by Rick_TL-S
So, he's sorry he broke up your relationship with the girl?
And he's sorry he ended a friendship & wants to have it back?

But yet, he's still seeing the girl?

Sounds like a classic case of having your cake & eating it, too.
Exactly, not going to happen..

Originally Posted by rockstar143
Good things are coming to you, buddy....don't you even sweat it. Any chance you could NOT run into either of these 2 anymore? Maybe different gym hours or go to a different one?
Good things are definitely on their way, hopefully. Got into a private equity firm (dream job) and learning the ropes in order to get a full time position one day. My grades for the semester just came in, another 4.0. Applying to some top B-schools hoping to get in, and have big plans. This whole situation is really not bothering me anymore, I have a lot on my plate that is infinitely more important.

I'm not going to change my routine, I'll just keep doing what I'm doing; ignore and continue with my day.

Parasitius - Sounds like two different situations, and we are two different people.
The following users liked this post:
1StGenCL (12-20-2012)
Old 12-21-2012 | 08:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by FiftyFive
I disagree, especially when I told him how I felt right after the breakup. I was brought up different and have values, I personally would never do that to a friend. Apparently there was stuff going on before we broke up but they didn't have sex until 2 days after.

Sorry but we'll have to agree to disagree.
She was without a doubt banging you both at the same time... There is no such thing as "We didn't have sex until after the breakup".....

Also, forget about talking to your so called best friend, as your best friend would NEVER put you in a position like that or do your girl while you are dating her or just broke up with her.
Old 12-23-2012 | 06:42 PM
Safety Car

Most likely been said already, but if they hooked up 2 days after you two broke up, then seems to me they both knew exactly what they were getting into. I don't buy any "moment of passion" bullshit.

Quoting Ronnie from Jersey Shore: "I'd send her a picture of my dick and a pack of bubble gum, and say "Chew on this"

Joking. Just keep doing what you're doing. Shutting them out entirely is best.