Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

Guys, your opinions please..

Old 08-22-2005, 06:54 PM
Thriller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hondagirl
That's how i thought he would feel...but it was completely opposite. Like he was really upset, and i explained to him that i wanted a boyfriend who was proud to be my boyfriend and wanted to take me out and show me off, and like just spend time with me..and he was confused???? I have talked to him about this before, but he acted like it was completely new???
I didnt want to at least by heart, but my head said i really deserved better...although now i dont feel any better?
It might be the spark that brings you together or finally tie up the loose ends and go your separate ways. Since we don't know the dynamics of your relationship...we can only say good luck and give yourself a hell yeah. Like in one of my earlier posts, you'll have to do this a few more times with a few more guys until you find the right one. So consider this practice!
Old 08-22-2005, 08:08 PM
Homeless

Originally Posted by moodytsx
It might be the spark that brings you together or finally tie up the loose ends and go your separate ways.
True.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:18 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by chef chris
True.
I'll have to severely disagree here.

Once you break up the damage is done. There is no getting back together. Its over. And if it wasn't over, simply the act of hurting the other party that badly means it is damaged beyond repair.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:08 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Xenogen
How long ago did you break up with him?
Stay away from Xenogen, he just wants to get in your pants.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mclarenf3387
Stay away from Xenogen, he just wants to get in your pants.

Im in a very commited relationship for your information.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:37 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Xenogen

Im in a very commited relationship for your information.

Oh, and I would appreciate you in a relationship
Old 08-22-2005, 10:02 PM
Homeless

Originally Posted by spidey07
I'll have to severely disagree here.

Once you break up the damage is done. There is no getting back together. Its over. And if it wasn't over, simply the act of hurting the other party that badly means it is damaged beyond repair.
Read the posts. Nowhere did I say 'just break up'.

Something needs to move this dude in one direction or the other...and nothing on this earth is permanent...if 'damage' is done, so be it. She has to do something...why coddle his needs at the expense of hers? Not like someone dies in the process of breaking up...being hurt in a relationship brings about change, and change is what's needed here.

Are you sure your second occupation is Psychology?
Old 08-22-2005, 10:50 PM
Thriller

Originally Posted by chef chris
Read the posts. Nowhere did I say 'just break up'.

Something needs to move this dude in one direction or the other...and nothing on this earth is permanent...if 'damage' is done, so be it. She has to do something...why coddle his needs at the expense of hers? Not like someone dies in the process of breaking up...being hurt in a relationship brings about change, and change is what's needed here.

Are you sure your second occupation is Psychology?
Agree! And not to beat a dead horse. They're still teens...they'll survive somehow I think.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:15 PM
Homeless

Originally Posted by moodytsx
Agree! And not to beat a dead horse. They're still teens...they'll survive somehow I think.
Yeah...I think they'll survive...

Holy hell...I wish I had these types of issues again...instead of a mortgage payment...
Old 08-22-2005, 11:59 PM
Banned

So we broke up
Ouch, sorry.

bet this thread has something to do with it
Old 08-23-2005, 12:06 AM
Burning Brakes

Don't kill yourself!
Old 08-23-2005, 07:38 AM
ric
Safety Car

hondagirl, a nice young woman, mostly through college, very responsible, holding down a job - you're young, younger than you have any right to realize. Trust me, there is plenty of time for another guy to move into your life.... one more suited to you than the guy you just dumped. Some warning signs for future reference:

Several folks mentioned that he might have a compulsive gambling problem. Given that he's willing to play poker than sleep on a consistent basis, I'd say he's in the early stages of being hooked. One aspect of compulsive gambling is an insecurity around money; the fantasy is frequently one of "hitting it big" and then stopping, but they never do

His insecurity about your earning more than him. Any guy that measures his masculinity by the size of his paycheck ain't that secure....(my wife and I have seesawed back and forth on the money thing, and when she was ahead of me due to promotions, I cheered her on........it was a measure of a professional success that she busted her ass for, and what kind of a schmuck would I have been to feel insecure about it?)

There is a fine balance between doing everything together and nothing together, but it sounds as if the only thing the two of you were doing together toward the end was sex. Not enough - I think there needs to be a balance of his, hers and ours activities, and those need to be negotiated over time. My wife has friends that bore me to tears......... she sees them solo. Same is true in reverse.

Cut yourself some slack, feel the sadness from this breakup, let it go, wish the guy well, and see who else is out there. Continue to have a life. Given your age, someone will come busting through that will be a hellofa lot more compatible.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:35 AM
Intermediate

Hey thanks everyone..this thread did kinda help my decision-although I think in my head I knew I really just needed to do this for me anyways. He is sad and upset with me about it, but I feel like my future is too bright to be brought down by someone who chooses gambling and his worthless friend over me all the time. Thank you all.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:29 AM
Banned

maybe he just didnt know any better. He coulda just really loved you. Oh well
Old 08-23-2005, 09:46 AM
Intermediate

If i keep asking you to go to all these different events with me-with a consistent turn down, and kinda confront him about it on thurs..and he still didnt spend the entire weekend with me knowing i was upset-and instead STILL went out to play poker with his friend and sunday slept in until 4 in the afternoon and then decided that he was just too tired to go out to the baseball game with me... id say he knew and didnt care
Old 08-23-2005, 10:21 AM
Burning Brakes

It amazes me how positive everyone is on this thread. You can certainly tell a mature group vs immature group within the Rambling section.
Break ups are hard but I've personally never experienced one yet(I guess I am lucky..), so I cannot comment on that. There are some excellent comments here and I just like to point out one thing to hondagirl: I think your bf/exbf is on his way of becoming a gambling/poker addict. I am against gambling, and I hope you stay away from this guy You are far too young to be putting up with this kind of crap.
It seems to me that after a long and hard working day, in the end, all he wants is sex from you.. nothing else. You are not his gf, you're just his sex slave as it seems.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:26 AM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TheMainEvEnt
Break ups are hard but I've personally never experienced one yet(I guess I am lucky..)

You've only been with the same one guy/girl your entire life?
Old 08-23-2005, 11:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by fdl
You've only been with the same one guy/girl your entire life?
s-he said that before
Old 08-23-2005, 02:28 PM
Burning Brakes

^
Old 08-23-2005, 03:16 PM
Pro

Hondagirl: Good for you. Guys like that don't know what they have till it's gone. Its lessons like these that may change him one day but not today. It is definitely good for you too move on and find someone that will love and appreciate you. I wasted the last two years of my life learning that.
Old 08-23-2005, 07:56 PM

sorry to hear that Hondagirl. But I think everything happens for a reason. You are only 19, and you are still young. There are tons of guys out there that could be better for you. If u guys were meant to be together, u'll find each other again.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by matelot
s-he said that before
I've read a few references to the sexual orientation of TheMainEvent and have come to the conclusion that it's a he that acts like a she on here but is actually in truth a shemale. ? Am I right?

Speaking of shemales, someone should make a smilie that's a combo of the and

Last edited by SDCGTSX; 08-23-2005 at 10:06 PM.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:21 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SDCGTSX
I've read a few references to the sexual orientation of TheMainEvent and have come to the conclusion that it's a he that acts like a she on here but is actually in truth a shemale. ? Am I right?

Speaking of shemales, someone should make a smilie that's a combo of the and
Just another memeber of the retarded group? Congrats! You are now a new member of Astroboy's watch list.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:59 PM
Banned

^
um...just show us a pic of you and your "man" and you can me all you want
Old 08-24-2005, 08:10 PM
Burning Brakes

Just another memeber of the retarded group? Congrats! You are now a new member of Astroboy's watch list.
Oh NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-13-2005, 05:43 AM
3rd Gear

Ok, I have been with my boyfriend for a little over a year now..he says he is still in love with me, still cant believe he has a girlfriend as hot as me, yadda yadda yadda..BUT...he never wants to do anything with me anymore. I don't understand?? Ill ask him to go to a baseball game, a car show, away to the beach for a weekend, and he always says no and that he just wants to relax. He says he is just too tired from work to go out and all. HOWEVER, he is always fine to go play poker or go to the horse track..I can understand y'all need time to yourselves cause I know I don't like having him constantly on my side but its become so frequent that i just don't feel like he finds me attractive or something along that line? Am I wrong to feel like this? I have asked him why he never wants to do anything with me and if its because he doesn't want to be with me anymore, and he always replies with "i love you, you are reading waaay to far into this? Fellas, I need your help, and ladies too
my personal opinion says he has gotten to comfortable. and thinks he doesn't have to worry about you leaving and thinks your happy the way things are. He should always want to take you out and go places together. Or maybe he's seeing someone else.